[CP20] Number 3: Cicada King

https://ygorganization.com/number3againwow/

impostor3.jpg?resize=300%2C216&ssl=1

Number 3: Cicada King
Rank 3/WIND/Insect/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 3 monsters
You can use each effect among the (1)st and (2)nd effects with this card’s name only once per turn.
(1) If this card’s battle position is changed: You can Special Summon 1 Insect monster from your hand or GY in Defense Position.
(2) When a monster effect is activated on the field (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card, then target that 1 monster; negate its effects, then choose 1 Insect monster on the field, and either change its battle position or make it gain 500 DEF.
1200/2500

So we can now expect the other 3 fake Numbers (and the other Kraken Xyz) used by Heartland's blokes in next year's Collection Pack.

aside from digibugs, is there anything else this can actually work in? I was thinking inzectors, but i have no idea how many level 3s' they have, and even if it's more than 1, they have better things to do most of the time. is there some bug deck that i'm missing out on?

Cannot but compare this with Totem Bird and in a way see how the game and power level has changed since Totem Bird's days: both have the same Attribute, Rank and # of material requirements, and one negates Spell/Traps and the other monster effects, but Bird requires monsters with an specific Attribute, spends 2 Xyz materials and loses ATK afterwards; instead, this has generic requirements, spends only 1 Xyz material, gains DEF instead of losing anything, and can also Summon a monster. The drawback this card has is that it has to target, its target must be on the field, and doesn't destroy it, but nowadays negating an effect is impactful enough.

Archived