Ice Barrier of the Frozen Prison SD Revealed

891_20200908094848_KMroOrbl56oqw4fDUaLOg

Hyoukekkai no Kanreiryuu Trishula / Trishula, Subzero Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Water Dragon / Synchro / Effect
LV11 2700/2000
1 Tuner + 2+ non-Tuner monsters
You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.
(1) When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can banish up to 3 cards your opponent controls.
(2) If this Synchro Summoned card you control is destroyed by an opponent’s card: You can Special Summon 1 “Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier” from your Extra Deck or GY, and if you do, its ATK becomes 3300, then the current ATK of any face-up monster your opponent controls become halved, also their effects are negated.

891_20200908101921_9ZpTZcqSMWw5oo5Q9zTW7

Hyoukekkai no Shoumashi / Mirror Master of the Ice Barrier
Water Spellcaster / Effect
LV4 1700/1000
You can only use this card name’s (2) and (3) effects once per turn each.
(1) While you control another “Ice Barrier” monster, your opponent cannot Tribute Summon.
(2) You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 “Ice Barrier” Tuner from your Deck, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except WATER monsters.
(3) If you would activate an “Ice Barrier” monster’s effect by sending a card(s) from the hand to the GY or discarding, you can banish this card from your GY instead of 1 of those cards.

891_20200908102200_RQxMLZai3qIWeRTHajUes

Hyoukekkai no Sousei / Frost Spirit of the Ice Barrier
Water Sea Serpent / Tuner / Effect
LV1 400/200
(1) While you control another “Ice Barrier” monster, monsters your opponent controls lose 500 ATK/DEF.
(2) During your Main Phase: You can send 1 Level 3 or lower “Ice Barrier” monster from your Deck to the GY, and if you do, this card’s Level becomes the sent monster’s Level, until the end of this turn.

Source:

https://ygorganization.com/iceinmyveins/

@Ryusei the Morning Star

1 hour ago, Zaziuma said:

Man, I never thought I was gonna make an Ice Barrier Deck, but apparently Konami really wants me to.

I dunno, these still follow the old pattern of almost all the power being focused in their Extra Deck monsters, which are also completely generic.

I am not convinced this makes Ice Barrier anymore playable than it supports every other deck, which can access Trishula or its new upgrade.

Edit: I guess the Level 4 being able to tutor Raiho (which forces the opponent to discard to be able to use monster effects) is at the very least something, however Ice Barrier still not being able to access Trishula outside of 4 card combos, if at all, let alone the new Trishula, still leaves a bad tast in my mouth for now.

41 minutes ago, Zaziuma said:

So like pretty much every Deck? I don't see the point here.

I was actually refering to the new support.

My point is that the new main deck monsters are ok'ish and the Extra Deck monster is good, however with an extremely mediocre archtype (at best) that just means that (as before) people will just slap their Extra Deck monsters into other decks and ignore the awful main deck stuff, which by current standards is not even remotely viable in casual decks (with only 5 exceptions).

Edit: What I stated was meant relative to other archtypes, the maindeck stuff has no power and no swarming capabilities compared to other archtypes, they are awful at enabling their own extra deck monsters.

2 hours ago, The Highlander said:

I was actually refering to the new support.

My point is that the new main deck monsters are ok'ish and the Extra Deck monster is good, however with an extremely mediocre archtype (at best) that just means that (as before) people will just slap their Extra Deck monsters into other decks and ignore the awful main deck stuff, which by current standards is not even remotely viable in casual decks (with only 5 exceptions).

Edit: What I stated was meant relative to other archtypes, the maindeck stuff has no power and no swarming capabilities compared to other archtypes, they are awful at enabling their own extra deck monsters.

Well yeah, they are bad, but at least these new cards provide a start, and there are most likely going to be plenty more support coming.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:01 AM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

891_20200908094848_KMroOrbl56oqw4fDUaLOg

Hyoukekkai no Kanreiryuu Trishula / Trishula, Subzero Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Water Dragon / Synchro / Effect
LV11 2700/2000
1 Tuner + 2+ non-Tuner monsters
(1) When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can banish up to 3 cards your opponent controls.
(2) If this Synchro Summoned card you control is destroyed by an opponent’s card: You can Special Summon 1 “Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier” from your Extra Deck or GY, and if you do, its ATK becomes 3300, then the current ATK of any face-up monster your opponent controls become halved, also their effects are negated.

891_20200908101921_9ZpTZcqSMWw5oo5Q9zTW7

Hyoukekkai no Shoumashi / Mirror Master of the Ice Barrier
Water Spellcaster / Effect
LV4 1700/1000
You can only use this card name’s (2) and (3) effects once per turn each.
(1) While you control another “Ice Barrier” monster, your opponent cannot Tribute Summon.
(2) You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 “Ice Barrier” Tuner from your Deck, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except WATER monsters.
(3) If you would activate an “Ice Barrier” monster’s effect by sending a card(s) from the hand to the GY or discarding, you can banish this card from your GY instead of 1 of those cards.

891_20200908102200_RQxMLZai3qIWeRTHajUes

Hyoukekkai no Sousei / Frost Spirit of the Ice Barrier
Water Sea Serpent / Tuner / Effect
LV1 400/200
(1) While you control another “Ice Barrier” monster, monsters your opponent controls lose 500 ATK/DEF.
(2) During your Main Phase: You can send 1 Level 3 or lower “Ice Barrier” monster from your Deck to the GY, and if you do, this card’s Level becomes the sent monster’s Level, until the end of this turn.

Source:

https://ygorganization.com/iceinmyveins/

@Ryusei the Morning Star

I love it, the only way it could be better is if the summon of OG trish counted as a synchro summon

Archived