Pestilence

https://beyondtheduel.com/emergency-ban-pestilence/

image.png.72f3420818d9fb80125f74de1ff1d89b.png

Equip only to a Warrior-Type, Beast-Warrior-Type, or Spellcaster-Type monster. Its ATK becomes 0. During each of your Standby Phases, inflict 500 damage to the controller of the equipped monster.

Apparently this is getting an emergency ban in OCG from this weekend till the end of March. I found out about this on Discord.

Tbh i have a bit of disagrrement ngl

I get the intention and among all diseases theme card this one the easiest to banned since it does nothing. But it doesnt sit right with me the same as why the spacegodzilla promo for mtg void beckoner has its corona name changed. Neither the pestilence nor corona directly linked to covid (spacegodzilla's signature attack named death corona is based on sun's corona. Which is one of official types of sun flare. While pestilence's of the card is more on spiritual curse IMO) but i can accept the spacegodzilla case more since they doing it right when pandemic explode the first time, but this card banning is way too late 

Honestly, this is pretty lame. This isn't the only time there have been outbreaks of illness in the world, and I don't think anyone is hurt by the existence of this card anymore now than it was before. This stunt is like some really bad clickbait for the game.

I'd rather the game's rules not be dictated by current events.

While I get the sentiment, I don't see the point. No one really gains anything with this card getting banned. Besides, it's just till the end of March. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep it banned until Coronavirus was no longer a pandemic, or something like that?

Personally, I think it would've been cooler if they rereleased some card(s) that represent the opposite. But in nice rarities like Secret Rare or Ghost Rare. Like Red Medicine or Injection Fairy Lily just to name a few.

3 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Personally, I think it would've been cooler if they rereleased some card(s) that represent the opposite. But in nice rarities like Secret Rare or Ghost Rare. Like Red Medicine or Injection Fairy Lily just to name a few.

THIS is a very good idea. When the game wasn't full of waifus like nowadays, Lily used to be my favourite card, even though the artwork could be improved greatly. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to a new version.

IMO, if they wanted to be congruent, they might as well ban every damn Virus card (there are 9 of 'em) as well as the Tribe.

Archived