Card/Archetype Ideas Thread

Tinkerer

I would say start at the beginning. Maybe maintain a Special Summoning mechanic with Isla Nubar as your Field Spell? The dinosaurs should pretty much be a no brainer since I believe the movie should provide you with yoir first few dinos.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Indoraptor said:

I remembered that some of the dinosaurs in the movies are hybrids. Would they be considered fusion monsters as a result? If so, should I make a special Polymerization/Fusion Spell card variant for it?

I guess you could have the hybrids as fusions. Like the Indominous Rex and Raptor.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Horu said:

I guess you could have the hybrids as fusions. Like the Indominous Rex and Raptor.

Okay I got an idea for a concept fusion card for Indoraptor

Indoraptor - Earth 

Level 10

Fusion/Dinosaur/Effect

Blue + Indominus Rex (I'm still trying to figure out the recipe for the fusion)

If this card was Fusion summoned by the effect of "Secrets of Dr. Wu", It is unaffected by trap cards. While this card is on the field, You cannot summon any other monsters on your side of the field (Disincluding monsters that were already summoned before). If this card were to be destroyed by battle the first time, It is not destroyed. Your opponent takes 500 life points of damage every time this effect is resolved.

3400 ATK/2700 DEF (Also figuring out how many attack points and defense points should it have)

What do you think so far?

5 hours ago, Indoraptor said:

Okay I got an idea for a concept fusion card for Indoraptor

Indoraptor - Earth 

Level 10

Fusion/Dinosaur/Effect

Blue + Indominus Rex (I'm still trying to figure out the recipe for the fusion)

If this card was Fusion summoned by the effect of "Secrets of Dr. Wu", It is unaffected by trap cards. While this card is on the field, You cannot summon any other monsters on your side of the field (Disincluding monsters that were already summoned before). If this card were to be destroyed by battle the first time, It is not destroyed. Your opponent takes 500 life points of damage every time this effect is resolved.

3400 ATK/2700 DEF (Also figuring out how many attack points and defense points should it have)

What do you think so far?

Looks like you're making progress.

2 hours ago, Horu said:

Well, the Indoraptor and Indominus Rex are created through gene splicing. So maybe you'd be able to Special Summon them by banishing the materials from the grave?

That could possibly work. We could be talking about Banishing dinos As if we're taking their DNA and splice them together. We could also incorporate a special summoning mechanic with the incubation chamber Because the dinosaurs had to be incubated first

1 hour ago, Indoraptor said:

That could possibly work. We could be talking about Banishing dinos As if we're taking their DNA and splice them together. We could also incorporate a special summoning mechanic with the incubation chamber Because the dinosaurs had to be incubated first

That is another good possibility.

27 minutes ago, Indoraptor said:

We could also incorporate cards based on quotes from the movie like "Clever girl" or "Life finds a away"

Or how they always use the T-Rex to get out of a bad situation.

Fun fact: The Tyrannosaurus Rex is actually from the Cretaceous Peiod and actually shouldn't be in the Jurassic Park series since the focus of those movies is dinosaurs from the Jurassic Period.

Edited by Horu
  • Like 1

Wait what do you mean by using the T. Rex to get out of a bad situation?

2 hours ago, Horu said:

Or how they always use the T-Rex to get out of a bad situation.

Fun fact: The Tyrannosaurus Rex is actually from the Cretaceous Peiod and actually shouldn't be in the Jurassic Park series since the focus of those movies is dinosaurs from the Jurassic Period.

6 hours ago, Indoraptor said:

Like how would that work?

I assume this would work in the form of another card to special summon the T-Rex and give it full immunity to everything except battle.

9 hours ago, Horu said:

I suspect that Owen and Blue would both have to be Link monsters to make this plan work?

I was originally going to plan to have them as effect monsters. Then I would incorporate a special mechanic with Blue Which would allow her to special summon another member of the raptor squad (Delta, Echo, Charlie)

47 minutes ago, Indoraptor said:

I was originally going to plan to have them as effect monsters. Then I would incorporate a special mechanic with Blue Which would allow her to special summon another member of the raptor squad (Delta, Echo, Charlie)

Very interesting

2 hours ago, Horu said:

Very interesting

Blue - Earth

Level 4

[Dinosaur/Effect]

During your Main Phase 1, You can special summon "Delta", "Charlie" or "Echo" from your hand or deck In defense position but this card cannot attack this turn unless "Owen" is on the field. You can only use the effect of "Blue" once per turn. If this card was special summoned by the effect of "Raptor squad GO!", This card can attack your opponent directly for the next 3 of your turns.

1900 ATK/1500 DEF

What do you think?

Edited by Indoraptor