Card/Archetype Ideas Thread

Tinkerer

The idea is that im Thinking of making a combination of dinosaurs mixed with cyber Dragons....But I also want to incorporate cards that basically allows my Jurassic Park/World Dino cards to fuse with Cyber dragons Or at the very least, Give them a Cyber form. Any suggestions?

Edited by Indoraptor

• 1 month later...

One way you could do it would be to have a somewhat regular Mai deck Dino deck but have the extra deck bull an evolsaur and have cybernetic augmentations or be cybernetic and maybe you have like computer stuff to help summon the extra deck monster or that benefit from the summons of extra deck monsters. You could also do a plunder and have some extra deck monsters be able to be summoned by having your Dino’s equipped with cybernetic enhancements, or if you’re just a madman you could try and pull an ojasimalation and make some cards that bridge Dinos and cyberse or cyber dragons together and make new cards from there. It’s a really interesting idea and I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

On 6/9/2022 at 12:06 AM, Indoraptor said:

The idea is that im Thinking of making a combination of dinosaurs mixed with cyber Dragons....But I also want to incorporate cards that basically allows my Jurassic Park/World Dino cards to fuse with Cyber dragons Or at the very least, Give them a Cyber form. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

I've had an idea about a gimmick archetype focused around these:

• If your opponent activates a card or effect, you can excavate the top card of your deck and if it's the same type (monster/spell/trap), you can negate it.
  • You have quick effects that let you rearrange the cards on top of your deck or place a card from your hand/GY/Deck to the top
Edited by Dramatic Crossroad

• 2 weeks later...

"Dynamercs/Dynamerx"

"Archetype that depicts a space mercenary group with a whole bunch of different types/Attributes. They go to different worlds to both recruit more members and also to complete their own personal objectives with the help of the whole group."

That theme/archetype name came later. I just wanted to design an archetype under the following rules/ideas:

- Archetype of 12 MD monsters

- NO in-archetype searchers, though they all fit into generic search categories, with "Small World" and "New Clear World" acting as the deck's main searchers.

- Gimmick involves randomly extending using face-down banished cards

Level 1 - FIRE - Pyro - ATK

Level 1 - WIND - Winged Beast - DEF

Level 2 - WATER - Aqua - DEF

Level 2 - DARK - Beast - ATK

Level 3 - EARTH - Rock - DEF

Level 3 - WIND - Psychic - ATK

Level 4 - LIGHT - Cyberse - ATK

Level 4 - DARK - Warrior - DEF

Level 5 - EARTH - Dinosaur - ATK

Level 7 - FIRE - Dragon - DEF

Level 8 - DARK - Fiend - ATK

Level 10 - LIGHT - Machine - DEF

(ATK means the monster has 1k ATK, DEF means it has 1k DEF. This combination of aspects means that all of them have some way to bridge to any other member via Small World)

2 hours ago, Redro said:

"Dynamercs/Dynamerx"

"Archetype that depicts a space mercenary group with a whole bunch of different types/Attributes. They go to different worlds to both recruit more members and also to complete their own personal objectives with the help of the whole group."

That theme/archetype name came later. I just wanted to design an archetype under the following rules/ideas:

- Archetype of 12 MD monsters

- NO in-archetype searchers, though they all fit into generic search categories, with "Small World" and "New Clear World" acting as the deck's main searchers.

- Gimmick involves randomly extending using face-down banished cards

Level 1 - FIRE - Pyro - ATK

Level 1 - WIND - Winged Beast - DEF

Level 2 - WATER - Aqua - DEF

Level 2 - DARK - Beast - ATK

Level 3 - EARTH - Rock - DEF

Level 3 - WIND - Psychic - ATK

Level 4 - LIGHT - Cyberse - ATK

Level 4 - DARK - Warrior - DEF

Level 5 - EARTH - Dinosaur - ATK

Level 7 - FIRE - Dragon - DEF

Level 8 - DARK - Fiend - ATK

Level 10 - LIGHT - Machine - DEF

(ATK means the monster has 1k ATK, DEF means it has 1k DEF. This combination of aspects means that all of them have some way to bridge to any other member via Small World)

This feels like space fur hires lol LOVE IT! also the face down gimmick is sooo funnn

OK I'm kind of new around here but I enjoyed playing the Simorgh archetype so here's my first go critique it if you want.

{Simorgh bird of effigies}

Attribute: Wind

Level:4

[WingedBeast/Effect]

(You can only use the third effect of this card once per turn) When this card is in your hand, on the field or in the graveyard it is also treated as dark attribute, This card can be treated as 2 monsters for the Tribute or special Summon of a "Simorgh" Monster. (Quick Effect):  if this card is banished from your hand or graveyard by a card effect special summon it to the field.

ATK:1800 DEF:200

Accidentally posted this in a different thread by accident and yes this card is somewhat based off the card named "wind effigy" which was support for summoning that of Simorgh bird of ancestry

3 minutes ago, Nick goode said:

OK I'm kind of new around here but I enjoyed playing the Simorgh archetype so here's my first go critique it if you want.

{Simorgh bird of effigies}

Attribute: Wind

Level:4

[WingedBeast/Effect]

(You can only use the third effect of this card once per turn) When this card is in your hand, on the field or in the graveyard it is also treated as dark attribute, This card can be treated as 2 monsters for the Tribute or special Summon of a "Simorgh" Monster. (Quick Effect):  if this card is banished from your hand or graveyard by a card effect special summon it to the field.

ATK:1800 DEF:200

Accidentally posted this in a different thread by accident and yes this card is somewhat based off the card named "wind effigy" which was support for summoning that of Simorgh bird of ancestry

Hi Sorry still not the right place. When you go in selecting where to post don't choose a subcatagory of Casual cards and it should post in the correct location!

Idea:

"Discard 3 cards; (+1 effect). You can discard 1 less card to activate this effect for each time you sent a card(s) to the GY to activate a card or effect this turn. HOPT."

...maybe some kind of Level 3 spam deck to take advantage of Dante/Cherubini sending things from Deck to GY as cost? Or maybe an Xyz Deck in general (since detach sends to GY for cost on a lot of Xyzs)?

...also need to think of some way to make it so that Ash won't just absolutely destroy this idea...

Maybe SOPT instead of HOPT? An infernity-like combo deck? Have to see...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Semi-Auto"

Loose idea, but what if we could make an Archetype that's balanced without any OPT effects? It would have to have other heavy costs like Discard or Banish multiple so that you couldn't spam the stronger ones, but I think it could be workable.

Edit: Wait, I just had a really good idea. What if the effects could only be activated as Chain 2 or higher, and only once per Chain? Then they could be used as many times as you had spells/other effects, without being too totally overpowered, plus it explains why they're Semi-Auto instead of Full-Auto.

Edited by Slosh

OPT: You can pay 600 LP; excavate cards until you excavate a Flip monster. Send that Flip monster to the GY, and if you do, this effect becomes that excavated monster's Flip effect, then, shuffle the remaining excavated cards into your Deck.

EDIT: Before I'd just posted the gimmick wording, but yeah, the idea is excavate a Flip, get that flip effect.  That's the common gimmick of the archetype.  All of them would also be flip monsters with a choice between 2 effects (i.e. Destroy 1 monster OR search 1 archetypal monster, destroy 1 spell/trap OR search 1 archetypal spell/trap, etc.)

Since these also send the flip to the GY as part of their effect, they happen to let you trigger both Shaddoll effects (the monster gains the flip effect, then the shaddoll gets its GY effect).

I imagined the backrow would help manipulate the deck to make sending the correct card easier.

Edited by Tinkerer

• 2 weeks later...

One of my archtype ideas is a machine union focused deck based around mech anime, the boss monster of which is an xyz who is treated as if they are equipped with all there overlay units. What this boss should do is immediately after it is accell overlayed (xyz summoned on the opponents turn) using a particular fusion and synchro monster (one of which equiped to the other) is it gathers all the materials that were used to make the fusion and synchro monster needed to make the xyz monster, then its suppose to take the monsters used to make the synchro monster and overlay them, then  attatch the synchro material for that synchro monster(s) and this keeps going until none of the monsters attached are synchro monsters. This effect should happen immediately after summoning but cant miss timing. The problem is i dont know how to word this properly. Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...

I have an archetype I'm really struggling with to think of ideas for. Essentially it is a combination of Animals and Knights (my initial naming idea was Arfturian Knights but I don't wanna keep it to just Doggies.) but basically it's an archetype inspired by Digimon (and Pokemon I guess 🙄) where the Knights, when they're on the field, create tokens (or SS weak low level monsters from the Deck or Hand) then those tokens turn into God killing monsters, and maybe even fuse with the original creator Knight of the Token (Like in Digimon Tamers when the Main Characters merged with their Digimon to make their Mega forms). The only issue is

1. I don't know what the Primary Mechanic should be between what I said above.

2. I don't know a name :c

3. I actually don't have a third one I just like making lists of three.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 2:40 AM, Tinkerer said:

Hello, fine peoples!  Do you have an idea for a card/series/archetype, but don't have the time to finish it?  Want to get some ideas out of your head, but don't have the right wording/art for the card(s)?  You've come to the right place!

This topic is for people to post ideas for cards/archetypes without having to commit to actually making the cards for it.  This thread can also be used to figure out preliminary wording for a gimmick or simply posting concepts that they think would be fun, but can't make for various reasons.  You may also use this thread to post pictures that you want to turn into cards.

Basically, you can use this thread to tinker with any ideas you have before committing them to their own thread.

Rules

• As usual, site rules apply.
  • If you come up with multiple ideas before the normal bump limit (6 hours) and no one else has posted since your last post, please edit your previous post with your new ideaDo not post multiple times unless you do so after the normal bump limit.
  • If you see another person's idea that you like, ask them if you could use it and credit them appropriately for the idea.  If said user has not been on the site for more than ten days, you can use their idea without messaging them, but make sure to credit them in your thread.

Check pricing ideas from here https://collectorpricing.org/pokemon-card-value-finder/
Cheers!

I'm not sure why you're being downvoted, but that seems like a really cool idea that could benefit from its own subreddit. We had a few archetype design contests on here, and I'd love to see what other people can come up with, including a much-needed pirate type.

Edited by RainGun
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 9:25 PM, MickeyDee said:

Seaborg - Azur Lane like WATER Machine monsters who turn into their ships. I think they'll have effects that activate in defense mode so you attempt to create a line of battle.

This is such a great idea! Would you mind if I used it?

Also some fun little archetypes for anyone to use

- Construx. A Machine Synchro archetype focused on Double tunning and Accel Synchro Summoning. The idea is inspred by Bob the Builder.

- Fiendamate. A FIRE Fiend Pendulum archetype inspired by Helltaker. Their Pendulum effects would be similar to the Dark Contracts where you need to pay LP to activate them. The Helltaker himself would probably be a DARK Warrior Xyz that could steal ya girl- I mean your opponent's monsters.

- A Fairy Tale (the anime) archetype about generic Link Synchro. Their monsters would range from Spellcasters, Beast-Warriors, Thunder, to Dragon, Fairy, and Fiends.

Dracute - A Dragon Link archetype about linking and Co-linking with other Dragon monsters. They're named after different types of Dragons i.e Wyverns, Hydras etc

• 1 month later...

exeredge in my idea is an archetype that uses fusion pendulum xyz and synchro usually keeps  plays against what would be thought based on the lvl of the monsters themselves a certain percentage of tuner monsters will stay within a small rule which would be called filling in gaps the different summoning methods control different things  pendulum will protect life points synchro will control  spell and trap cards xyz will effect the graveyard and fusion will restrain monsters of certain lvls

• 1 month later...

I would want to make an archetype that would feature an evolution type deal, like low-level "Monster A" would use its effect to 'evolve' between 3 different "Monster B"s, and then either evolve again, or evolve into Extra Deck monsters (Right now the plan is fusion). The midrange to higher tier monsters would also have counter based effects so they can buff themselves/others, or activate stronger forms of their effects. The general monster pool would be WIND Winged-Beasts.

• 3 weeks later...

Shango'yo Thunder Manifest
WIND 10*
Thunder/Fusion/Effect
1 "Orisha" monster + 1 monster with 0 ATK
If this card is Special Summoned and it is the only card you control: Draw cards equal to the difference between the number of cards in your and your opponent's hands. While you control no cards in your Spell/Trap Zone, this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. (Quick Effect): You can send 1 "Orisha" monster from your hand or Deck to the GY. If this card is sent to the GY by the effect of a monster in the GY: You can return this card to the Extra Deck, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Shango'yo Thunder Manifest" from your Extra Deck. You can only use each effect of "Shango'yo Thunder Manifest" once per turn.

3000/3000

One of a trio of boss monsters/god cards of an archetype of African spirits. The gameplay style is protect the castle, and the main deck "Orisha" monsters all have continuous floodgate effects while in the GY. This is especially powerful since Graveyard floodgates are much tougher to deal with than ones on the field.

In exchange for this extra tenacity, these floodgates have 1) a convoluted method of "activation" and 2) a maintenance cost.

1) The "Orisha" monsters need to have been sent to the GY by the effect of a Level/Rank 10 monster Summoned from the Extra Deck.

2) During your End Phase, you have to send a card from your hand or field to the GY, otherwise, the Orisha will shuffle itself from the GY into the deck (freeing players from the floodgate effect).

• Like 2

ARCHETYPE IDEA: DARK Angels

The DARK Angels have arrived! Their main shared abilities are:

Benifiting from Chains and the activation of Counter Traps. DARK Counters will be placed on each non-Xyz, Synchro, or Fusion DARK Angel monsters. These DARK Counters grant the monsters holding them a bonus 200 ATK, and can be sacrificed in order to gain 200 LP for each Counter Trap in the GY.

• Thriving off the destruction of Spell Cards. This is a Trap-only world, and each Spell Card destroyed during the time in which the Field Spell 'DARK Angels' Coven' will grant every 'DARK Angel' monster on the field a DARK Counter!

• The DARK Angel Archetype is built toward the summon of the ace monster, 'DARK Lord - Demonia. The card has not been created yet, but I will make it soon. Here are its abilities (No Picture Yet)

DARK Lord - Demonia 

3000 ATK/0 DEF

Rank 10

[Fiend/Xyz/Effect]

(2 level 10 'DARK' monsters) Must be Xyz Summoned. Cannot be targeted by Spell Card effects. Once per turn, you can Xyz Summon this card by using 'DARK Angel - Evisceron' as Xyz Material (Transfer its Material to this card). When this card is Xyz Summoned, destroy all DARK Counters on the field, and if you do, gain LP equal to the amount of DARK Counters you destroyed × 200.

Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, and if you do, choose one effect to use.

• Banish every Counter Trap from your GY; this card gains ATK equal to the amount of Counter Traps banished × 100. 

• Destroy every Spell Card on the field, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of Spell Cards destroyed × 300.

• Double the ATK of every 'DARK' monster on the field, but destroy them during the End Phase of this turn.

If this card is destroyed, you can discard 2 cards and pay 1000 LP, and if you do, Special Summon from your GY any Xyz Materials used to activate this card's Effects.

• This Archetype is not for the defensive player. None of the monsters have DEF points capable of defending against a strong attack, and the majority of monsters have 0 DEF. The central premise of this Archetype is to summon the strong Xyz cards early and win through the use of DARK Counters and strong Xyz monsters.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I made an archetype called "The Stalemate Titans" which basically consists of Level 12 monsters and some spells that have effects that benefit both players in a duel. Here are the cards: 

StalemateTitanCalling.thumb.jpeg.3de9c6df59cc1a28e87406fa3d19c6d3.jpeg

Continuous Spell Card

If a "Stalemate Titan" monster is face-up on the field you can activate this Spell, Once per turn you can shuffle all Banished monsters back into each of their respected player's GY. You can only use the effect of "Stalemate Titan Calling" once per turn.

GoodFaithOfTheStalemateTitans.thumb.jpeg.d95b2adc03c114c74a183ab7dfba469a.jpeg

Spell Card 

Send 16 monsters from your deck to your GY and your opponent's GY (8 monsters in each GY), You must pay 300 LP for each monster sent.

ZaxusTheStalemateTitanTRP(1).thumb.jpeg.fb9c8330024b6b63a8954b31b634cd4b.jpeg

ZaxusTheStalemateTitanSPL.thumb.jpeg.5524a6cd0aa73468c52fb86648b4b8ec.jpeg

ZaxusTheStalemateTitanLP.thumb.jpeg.2fe2a8ce09f86878a39a0c11dc672364.jpeg

ZaxusTheStalemateTitanMON.thumb.jpeg.1386cc4e968e7b861acfcd34b2919d9b.jpeg

ZaxusTheLordOfTheStalemateTitans.thumb.jpeg.946c1f6bedd0bab9f50e24c5783cb8e6.jpeg

Edited by Johnny Sanchez