Card/Archetype Ideas Thread

Tinkerer

2 hours ago, Johnny Sanchez said:

I made an archetype called "The Stalemate Titans" which basically consists of Level 12 monsters and some spells that have effects that benefit both players in a duel. Here are the cards: 

StalemateTitanCalling.thumb.jpeg.3de9c6df59cc1a28e87406fa3d19c6d3.jpeg

Continuous Spell Card

If a "Stalemate Titan" monster is face-up on the field you can activate this Spell, Once per turn you can shuffle all Banished monsters back into each of their respected player's GY. You can only use the effect of "Stalemate Titan Calling" once per turn.

GoodFaithOfTheStalemateTitans.thumb.jpeg.d95b2adc03c114c74a183ab7dfba469a.jpeg

Spell Card 

Send 16 monsters from your deck to your GY and your opponent's GY (8 monsters in each GY), You must pay 300 LP for each monster sent.

ZaxusTheStalemateTitanTRP(1).thumb.jpeg.fb9c8330024b6b63a8954b31b634cd4b.jpeg

ZaxusTheStalemateTitanSPL.thumb.jpeg.5524a6cd0aa73468c52fb86648b4b8ec.jpeg

ZaxusTheStalemateTitanLP.thumb.jpeg.2fe2a8ce09f86878a39a0c11dc672364.jpeg

ZaxusTheStalemateTitanMON.thumb.jpeg.1386cc4e968e7b861acfcd34b2919d9b.jpeg

ZaxusTheLordOfTheStalemateTitans.thumb.jpeg.946c1f6bedd0bab9f50e24c5783cb8e6.jpeg

AI Art is just Gross and its unetheic cause of the training data that is used by the caonapnies that stole images.

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

Just wanted to make a random card cause I was bored :p

JokesterTheJester.thumb.jpeg.0c79983ac75373fbe236c1e9ee84822b.jpeg

Jokester, The Jester 

Level 1

DARK, Spellcaster/Effect

ATK: 100 DEF: 100

This card must be Special Summoned (Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set). You can Special Summon this card; by Banishing the 5 top cards of both players' decks. If this card was Special Summoned; both players' LP becomes 1,000,000 for the rest of the duel.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I only just joined, but I was thinking about a gimmick where the monsters gained additional effects if you discarded another monster to special summon them.

I know I took the monster images from memento mori, but that was what the deck was based off of.ForsakenWitchsIsolation.thumb.jpeg.ee366b92cd1393718ea96e27115942f8.jpegHathor-ForsakenWitchofDance.thumb.jpeg.a282583a3140f098464ed84db06ea722.jpegA.A.-ForsakenWitchofRust.thumb.jpeg.e8895dd2fe0a05779d1f28694833330a.jpeg

• Like 2

i know chess archfiends are already a thing but i had half an idea for a chess based archetype. i don't think it's that great of an idea honestly and can't figure out how to execute it but thought someone else might like some aspects of it

- gimmick based on moving to different zones.

- can attack directly while opponent has nothing in the same column column.

- possibly link monsters with arrows based on piece movement (in this case zone movement and effects would likely be based around arrows).

- pawn can "promote" (sac to summon any member from the deck/one Link higher from the ED) upon dealing battle damage.

- rook can "castle" by trading zones with another piece being targeted and/or make itself the target (unsure if for battle, effect, or both).

- possibly dark/light rock types with the "white" and "black" pieces either being split between main and extra deck or offensive/defensive effects for a total of 12 monsters.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

a cosplay themed archetype with the gimmick of being able to use any other archetype's support by either treating themselves as members of others or treating others as their own, cosplay stitcher that lets you change the name of monsters (can also change opponents monsters as a gimmicky interrupt to archetype specific support) possibly based on what you have in hand, and various cosplayers dressed as iconic monsters and gain those monsters names while on the field. boss monster would likely be some sort of LARPer or cosplay contest winner that allows any archetype's spell/traps to use it as a target/cost. possibly a generic anime/comic convention as a field spell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0PxPz0 said:

a cosplay themed archetype with the gimmick of being able to use any other archetype's support by either treating themselves as members of others or treating others as their own, cosplay stitcher that lets you change the name of monsters (can also change opponents monsters as a gimmicky interrupt to archetype specific support) possibly based on what you have in hand, and various cosplayers dressed as iconic monsters and gain those monsters names while on the field. boss monster would likely be some sort of LARPer or cosplay contest winner that allows any archetype's spell/traps to use it as a target/cost. possibly a generic anime/comic convention as a field spell

This is an AMAZING idea

• 3 weeks later...

Posting an idea here that I think is beyond my skill level, and might require more knowledge/time than I'm able to invest while going through law school. Hopefully someone will see it and take it somewhere: 

Demon Dealz

1. The monsters are all part of a demonic hierarchy, with weaker demons as the combo starters and searchers, leading up to the boss monsters who are the Demon Princes at the top of the food chain. Each monster has an effect that offers your opponent a deal: You get something good, and they get something good, but they can say no to the effect altogether, if they want. ex: "When this monster is normal or special summoned, add 1 Demon Dealz card from your deck to your hand, and if you do, your opponent draws a card. Your opponent may chose to negate this effects activation." 
  2. Continuous spells put riders on the deals. ex: "when a Demon Dealz monster's effect resolves, your opponent skips their next draw phase." In this case, it's meant to push your opponent toward rejecting the benefits of the effect.
  3. Hand trap trap cards that add penalty clauses to your opponent blocking effects. ex: "If your opponent negates the activation of a Demon Dealz monster's effect, you may activate this card from your hand. Your opponent discards a random card from their hand."

21 hours ago, griff365 said:

Posting an idea here that I think is beyond my skill level, and might require more knowledge/time than I'm able to invest while going through law school. Hopefully someone will see it and take it somewhere: 

Demon Dealz

1. The monsters are all part of a demonic hierarchy, with weaker demons as the combo starters and searchers, leading up to the boss monsters who are the Demon Princes at the top of the food chain. Each monster has an effect that offers your opponent a deal: You get something good, and they get something good, but they can say no to the effect altogether, if they want. ex: "When this monster is normal or special summoned, add 1 Demon Dealz card from your deck to your hand, and if you do, your opponent draws a card. Your opponent may chose to negate this effects activation." 
  2. Continuous spells put riders on the deals. ex: "when a Demon Dealz monster's effect resolves, your opponent skips their next draw phase." In this case, it's meant to push your opponent toward rejecting the benefits of the effect.
  3. Hand trap trap cards that add penalty clauses to your opponent blocking effects. ex: "If your opponent negates the activation of a Demon Dealz monster's effect, you may activate this card from your hand. Your opponent discards a random card from their hand."

cool idea, may i suggest an alternative formatting for the effects that should work the same but be less wordy (i think)?

"When this card is summoned; your opponent can draw one card then, if they do, add 1 "Demon Dealz" card from your deck to your hand."

wording it this way would also require changing how you word the "rider" effects (possibly name them "Demon Dealz [insert name] amendment"), not sure exactly how but you could have those grant additional effects instead of triggering off the monster's effect resolving, this would also tie them in more mechanically with the hand traps since (from my understanding) they're doing that already but to your opponent's cards.

something along the lines of;

""Demon Dealz" monster's (not sure if it would have to specify hand/field) gain the following addition to their first effect; and  your opponent skips their next draw phase."

resulting in;

"When this card is summoned; your opponent can draw one card then, if they do, add 1 "Demon Dealz" card from your deck to your hand and  your opponent skips their next draw phase."

i might be overcomplicating things though, obviously that spell formatting only works if their bargain effect is always the first one (if they have multiple)

An archetype that is a Sanrio crossover (Thought of this after seeing the Yugioh x Hello Kitty Crossover that McDonald's in Belgium are doing). Even if it's multiple archetypes from different sanrio series that use different playstyles but can easily work together.

Also I kind of wish that Yu-Gi-Oh! did official crossover sets.