[BODE] Icejade Archetype

Water Girls appear that serve as generic WATER support, but the full depths of their strategy is unknown.

Note: Hisui’s Kanji means literally “Ice Water” but it’s being used here as a foreign name due to Katakana. Also it sounds like “Jade” in Japanese. So. Icejade.

Acty.jpg?ssl=1

BODE-JP008 Hisui no Acty (Acty of the Icejade)
Level 4 WATER Aqua Effect Monster
ATK 1000
DEF 1000

You can only use the (1) and (2) effect of this card’s name once per turn, each.
(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 WATER monster from your hand to the GY; draw 1 card.
(2) If a face-up WATER monster you control is destroyed by battle or card effect and this card is in your GY: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 “Icejade” monster from your hand or GY, except “Acty of the Icejade”.

16256450584145008023256243398021.jpg?ssl

BODE-JP009 Hisui no Tinola (Tinola of the Icejade)
Level 4 WATER Aqua Effect Monster
ATK 1000
DEF 1000

You can only use the (1) and (2) effect of this card’s name once per turn, each.
(1) You can send 1 card from your hand to the GY, then target 1 WATER monster in your GY; send this card from the field to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon that target.
(2) If a face-up WATER monster you control is destroyed by battle or card effect and this card is in your GY: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 “Icejade” monster from your hand or GY, except “Tinola of the Icejade”.

16256450730136390819714235488532.jpg?ssl

BODE-JP010 Hisui no Tremolat (Tremolat of the Icejade)
Level 5 WATER Aqua Effect Monster
ATK 1500
DEF 1500

(1) You can send this card from your hand to the GY; Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand.
(2) If a face-up WATER monster you control is destroyed by battle or card effect and this card is in your GY: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 “Icejade” monster from your hand or GY, except “Tremolat of the Icejade”.

16256450875295830099958829686262.jpg?ssl

BODE-JP056 Hisui Youran (Icejade Cradel)
Normal Spell Card

(1) Add from your Deck to your hand, 1 “Icejade” monster with a different name from the cards you control or in your GY.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/bode-icejade/

If im not mistaken @Rayfield Lumina you like water themes?

Well these 4 is quite potent decent stuff if not a bit clunky to setup

Im curious though they so generic as an archetype i wonder what kind of gimmick it konami stored for us... beside the potent floating feature they have of course

The search spell though...seems hinting highlander strategy

Wait a second, @Dokutah Jolly... you're showing me a WATER archetype of Aqua Waifus?

tenor.gif?itemid=5952071

Checks their effects

Now... mmmh...  these effects... you mention they're potent, but I didn't like 'em, tbh (at least not Tinola and Tremolat). I feel a little down after checking 'em, but I know I'm jumping to conclusions because we barely know what's gonna be the actual gimmick. Acty looks pretty good. Combined with Atlanteans, it'll work nicely. But it frustrated me that none of the effects allows Special Summoning from Deck, yet they have steep costs. Tinola wants a discard and herself to be sent to the GY to just Special Summon a generic WATER from the GY (F, why only the GY?). Then Tremolat wants a discard to Special Summon... from hand. How the heck do these guys expect us to have so many hand resources, just to make a couple of pitiful summons? And the Spell... it's a bad Medallion of the Ice Barrier. What the hell? Anger escalates And then Level 4/5, so no targets for Surface, well done Konami. And they're Salvage targets, but ta-dah, they banish themselves. Good freaking work, Konami. I feel furious.

That doesn't mean I won't buy them, WATER waifus are WATER waifus

Tinola is by far the weakest being a minus one on the first effect. These would all immediately become good with a high level recyclable target with an ability on special summon. Overall not bad but not that great either I know a certain level 8 water that would love these guys.

5 hours ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

Tinola is by far the weakest being a minus one on the first effect. These would all immediately become good with a high level recyclable target with an ability on special summon. Overall not bad but not that great either I know a certain level 8 water that would love these guys.

I've been thinking about this, but they don't seem to click too good anywhere... Frogs, Atlanteans, Graydles? I dunno, the synergy is kinda there, but I wouldn't run a couple of them in any of those decks, probably. We need to wait for the other cards, I guess... see if you can Special Summon banished mobs... Good grief, they're Level 4, so not even Leviair. I suppose their Level can go along with certain Ice Barriers.

2 hours ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

I actually have to double check them @Rayfield Lumina but yeah they not as powerful as i thought them to be. But i guess thats the price of being generic which still merit something.

I suppose you're right. Wish one of the Level 4s was tuner, that would be amusing. I wonder if these will help with stuff like Toadally Awesome, Bahamut Shark or Number 37. Oh man, I remembered the times when the Ark was like S30 (pay no mind to this, I felt nostalgic lol)

It's honestly extremely difficult to look at these on their own. WATER.dek has really ramped up recently and it's just really to early to say whether/how these would fit into the overall strategy.

These feel like they are meant to be used as pieces to bridge a gap between a deck's consistency and it's power plays. Between stuff like Deep Sea Diva, the Atlanteans, certain Shark cards, Marincess, and even generic WATER Support like Salvage, WATER has very little problem with keeping its card advantage. Usually that advantage is transferred into Extra Deck summons, however, these are focused more on using that advantage on Main Deck bosses (Coelacanth immediately springs to mind here).

Is that a better strategy than they currently have? Probably not. However, it can probably swing games that would be difficult for more straightforward/consistent WATER decks.

If I'm not mistaken, the nature if their second effect makes them stackable. If 1 single battle destruction effect goes on, you can trigger them all in the GY to have then Summon copies of each other and trigger all #1 effects once they enter the field. That sounds pretty good to me but they need some GY drop support. We have Skreech, Atlantean Prince, Genex Undine, and stuff like Card Destruction to help setup. After that they need a plan to function under the obvious counter plays (Lancea, Winda, Ghost Belle, etc.) Without losing the potency of their engine too much, and a goal/boss/go-to play decided.

I find them interesting and their searching spell isn't hinting at highlander, it just doesn't count banished copies do it should be somewhat of an inconcequencial drawback imo

Archived