[DP26] New Mako Tsunami Support!

MegaFortressWale.png?w=407&ssl=1

DP26-JP016 Daiyousai Kujira (Mega Fortress Whale)

Level 7 WATER Fish Effect Monster

ATK 2550

DEF 2350

You can only use the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd effect of this card’s name each once per turn.

(1) If “Umi” is face-up on the field: You can activate this effect; your WATER monsters can attack directly this turn.

(2) During your opponent’s Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up monster they control; destroy it.

(3) If this card on the field is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can take 1 WATER Warrior monster from your Deck or GY, and either add it to your hand or Special Summon it.

DoomKraken.png?w=407&ssl=1

DP26-JP018 Death Kraken (Doom Kraken)

Level 4 WATER Aqua Effect Monster

ATK 1400

DEF 1600

You can only use the 1st and 2nd effect of this card’s name each once per turn.

(1) If “Umi” is face-up on the field (Quick Effect): You can target 1 WATER monster you control, except “Doom Kraken”, and 1 monster your opponent controls; Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, return the first target to the hand, and if you do that, destroy the second target.

(2) When an opponent’s monster declares an attack: You can return this card to the hand, and if you do, negate that attack.

Fearfish.png?w=407&ssl=1

DP26-JP019 Denki Kurage – Physalia – (Electric Jellyfish – Physalia / Physalia)

Level 4 WATER Aqua Effect Monster

ATK 1400

DEF 1700

You can only use the 1st and 2nd effect of this card’s name each once per turn.

(1) You can send 1 “Umi” from your hand, Deck, or face-up field to the GY; Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand.

(2) When your opponent activates a Spell Card or effect, or a monster effect, and “Umi” is face-up on the field (Quick Effect): You can negate that effect, then this card gains 600 ATK/DEF.

Sonar.png?w=407&ssl=1

DP26-JP020 Fish Sonar

Normal Spell

You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.

(1) Add 1 Level 7 or lower monster that is a WATER Normal Monster or specifically lists “Umi” in its text from your Deck to your hand, then, if “Umi” is face-up on the field, you can Special Summon 1 WATER Normal Monster from your Deck.

SeaStealthII.png?w=407&ssl=1

DP26-JP021 Sea Stealth II

Continuous Spell Card

You can only use the 3rd effect of this card’s name once per turn.

(1) This card’s name becomes “Umi” while face-up on the field or in the GY.

(2) Your opponent cannot target WATER monsters you control with non-WATER monsters’ effects.

(3) At the start of the Battle Phase: You can Special Summon 1 monster that specifically lists “Umi” in its text or 1 WATER Normal Monster from your hand or GY in Defense Position, but destroy it at the end of the Battle Phase.

LeviathanOnTheRocks.png?w=407&ssl=1

DP26-JP022 Angan no Leviathan (Leviathan of the Reef / Kairyu-Shin of the Reef)

Normal Trap Card

You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.

(1) Send 1 face-up “Umi” you control to the GY; you cannot Special Summon monsters until the end of your next turn, except WATER monsters, also Special Summon up to 2 WATER Normal Monsters, and/or monsters that specifically list “Umi” in their text, with different names from your hand or Deck in Defense Position, then, if your opponent controls a monster, you can Special Summon any number of Level 6 or lower WATER Normal Monsters from your hand or Deck.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/thefreakyfishguyrises/

Looks like we've finally got some really solid WATER/Umi support!

Personally, I kinda wish they supported WATER non-effect monsters rather than Normal monsters, just so that the original Fortress Whale could benefit from the support.

I was not expecting Mako to get more support in a Legendary Duelists set, at least I was predicted correctly that Shark/Nasch would get new cards as well.

The cards themselves seems like flavour wins to me, the monsters, whilst retrains have the same stats as their originals albeit with the Umi boost embedded in, and I like that the Jellyfish is electrified as I remember in duelist kingdom it seemed immune to electric attacks when Yugi attacked it with Feral Imp equipped with Horn of the Unicorn.

Amazing support (for the standard this "archetype" allows).

Fish Sonar: Getting an E-Emergency Call is definitely nice (especially with the additional Water monster for Bahamut Shark).

Sea Stealth II: Getting targeting protection on Water monsters is nice, not to mention the constant revivals, too bad it cannot Special Summon Citadel Whale to search Sea Stealth Attack. Important is that one can recycle this with Sea Stealth Attack once it reaches the graveyard once.

Electric Jellyfish – Physalia: Monster negations are always nice, the only nitpick I have is that it should have been able to mill Sea Stealth II.

Doom Kraken: Another Raigeki break that does not even require a Normal Summon and can recycle itself for later usage, while stopping attacks.

Kairyu-Shin of the Reef: This is able to get out Doom Kraken and Electric Jellyfish - Physalia ... I am not sure if there are other interesting targets, however when playing those one still needs something like Sea Stealth II to still have "Umi" face-up ... also this really should have been able to tutor Citadel Whale.

Mega Fortress Whale: This card can float into Legendary Fisherman, in fact multiple times with Sea Stealth II, while popping cards ... regardless this seems like the second worst card after Kairyu-Shin of the Reef.

Hopefully the last card will be a searcher for Sea Stealth II.

Edit: This support actually manages to capture the feeling of overwhelming size and danger of the Ocean, although it still looks fragile.

I'm not too savvy on the anime but when I saw the Jellyfish I recognized there is a Normal monster version of it and this has +200 ATK/DEF, I didn't make the connection to Umi until BM mentioned it.

Anyway, I like most of the support here. Kraken provides disruption, Jellyfish is both an extender AND disruptor, Fish Sonar looks insane even if atm IDK all of the monsters that mention "Umi" that it can grab, and the Trap can lead to a big swarm. Dunno how reliable it is as a Normal Trap in current formats but the power is there. IDK what to think of Stealth II, looks solid on paper but waiting until the BP for the Summon effect is awkward, and the protection looks like something really forgettable, in the sense both players will forget to apply it at times xD

Archived