Live Holiday Nyan Nyan

Sleepy

990110677e60.jpg

Live Holiday Nyan Nyan
LIGHT Level 4 [Thunder/Christmas/Effect] 1900/800

(Quick Effect): You can return this card to your hand with up to 1 other LIGHT monster on each side of the field. You can discard this card from your hand; all face-up monsters currently on the field become LIGHT until next turn's End Phase.
- - - - -

@Rayfield Lumina

NOTES:
The discard effect is not quick, but I think it'd have its uses, like accessing LIGHT-specific Xyzs, ruinning an opponent's Umi deck for the turn, and stuff I might just have to think about later because it'd be easier if it was DARK to come up with combos xD
Regardless, she's spreading love and joy this season so it has to be LIGHT.

The first effect is a nod to Thunder Nyan Nyan's original effect, which was just a self destruction clause because she's one of the first 1900 ATK beaters ever printed.... we had other options but this one was fine, really xP

I'm...not seeing the point of the first effect. You could argue to save Thunder Nyan Nyan. Okay, but then what? You just leave yourself more vulnerable. Might I suggest a self-Summon effect instead? Like a quick effect version of Ally of Justice Birdman? But for Thunder monsters. Thus, you choose between going DNA Transplant or a self-Summon with Live Holiday Nyan Nyan. And still save Thunder Nyan Nyan!

1 minute ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I'm...not seeing the point of the first effect. You could argue to save Thunder Nyan Nyan. Okay, but then what? You just leave yourself more vulnerable. Might I suggest a self-Summon effect instead? Like a quick effect version of Ally of Justice Birdman? But for Thunder monsters. Thus, you choose between going DNA Transplant or a self-Summon with Live Holiday Nyan Nyan. And still save Thunder Nyan Nyan!

That's quick/chainable non-targeting non-destroying removal for the opponent's monster and recycling of something for your monster, on top of having the flexibility of not having to bounce anything else for her to be able to escape (which the quick dodge by itself should be decent as it is).... those other monsters getting bounced is just the bonus.
Is it situational because it is only for LIGHT? She can discard herself, turn everything LIGHT, and then if you Summon another copy or revive the discarded one, it is free real estate.

I personally think the effect is great xD
No offence but I don't wanna support Thunder Dragon decks with another extender if she had a self-Summon effect, but thanks for the suggestion regardless.

2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

ruinning an opponent's Umi deck for the turn

WUUUUT? How dare you? You mess with Umi, you mess with Rayfield, disqualified from the event :v

754879636567228486.png?v=1

Okay okay, I'll let this one pass, but thread carefully *borrego glare*

And weeeeeeell... I gotta say, I agree with Nyx here, not entirely convinced about effect 1, you weaken your field presence a lot for the sake of removing 1 oppponent mon, effect that is conditioned by the opponent's Deck or to having used this card's effect 2 (or other Attribute changing effects) prior to this. I'm somewhat inclined to suggest that, after returning your two LIGHT monsters to hand, you replace them with 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT mon (or Thunder mon) and with different name from those you returned to hand, and negate its effects. Leaving the previous jove aside, liking Effect 2 a lot, it can be pretty damn disruptive for lots of Decks, I'm behind that one.

Ty for making this post!

10 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

WUUUUT? How dare you? You mess with Umi, you mess with Rayfield, disqualified from the event :v

754879636567228486.png?v=1

Okay okay, I'll let this one pass, but thread carefully *borrego glare*

And weeeeeeell... I gotta say, I agree with Nyx here, not entirely convinced about effect 1, you weaken your field presence a lot for the sake of removing 1 oppponent mon, effect that is conditioned by the opponent's Deck or to having used this card's effect 2 (or other Attribute changing effects) prior to this. I'm somewhat inclined to suggest that, after returning your two LIGHT monsters to hand, you replace them with 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT mon (or Thunder mon) and with different name from those you returned to hand, and negate its effects. Leaving the previous jove aside, liking Effect 2 a lot, it can be pretty damn disruptive for lots of Decks, I'm behind that one.

Ty for making this post!

You are not weakening your field presence that much, the effect says it bounces up to 1 other from each side, and that "up to" also means it can be 0. She can quick bounce herself and nothing else or just her and 1 other of your monsters or just her and 1 opponent's monster. Does this change your mind to any degree or did you already have that into account and your stance remains on that effect?

Just now, Sleepy said:

You are not weakening your field presence that much, the effect says it bounces up to 1 other from each side, and that "up to" also means it can be 0. She can quick bounce herself and nothing else or just her and 1 other of your monsters or just her and 1 opponent's monster. Does this change your mind to any degree or did you already have that into account and your stance remains on that effect?

My goodness Sleepy, sorry to have bothered you

4 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

My goodness Sleepy, sorry to have bothered you

What? No no no no...... I did not intend to come off like that at all. Sometimes people do miss certain functionalities in an effect, so I just wanted to ask the question to make sure if you realized that specific extra way the card can be used...... 

19 hours ago, Sleepy said:

What? No no no no...... I did not intend to come off like that at all. Sometimes people do miss certain functionalities in an effect, so I just wanted to ask the question to make sure if you realized that specific extra way the card can be used...... 

I'm guilty of missing that portion I actually thought she had to return herself an only your own monster

Archived