Banish deck I came up with

cr47t

3x Battle Fader // 3x Eater of Millions // 3x Gren Maju //  3x Necroface // 3x Gizmek Orochi

3x Allure of Darkness // 2x Dark Hole // 1x D-fissure // 1x Gold Sarc // 1x Harpie's Feather Duster // 3x Inferno Tempest // 1x ODoP // 1x Pot of Desires // 1x Pot of Extravagance // 2x Soul Absorption // 2x Soul Release // 2x Twin Twisters // 1x Upstart

2x Bottomless // 2x Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell // 3x Evenly Matched // 1x Macro Cosmos // 1x Solemn Warning

3x Linkuriboh(?) // 12x junk/undecided

---

EDIT: i found the banlist and rebuilt the deck profile accordingly

in any case, i'm building this to create a deck that can fight meta decks for the foreseeable future; since graveyards have been utilized as a second hand for a good chunk of time now (even pre-covid). [edited out the other outdated stuff]

any criticism, advice, or other constructive comments are welcome here. thanks

• cr47t changed the title to Banish deck I came up with

It's already been covered here (After this thread was posted, but still worth mentioning), but unless I'm missing something else, dropping 2 Pots of Desires would be the main change to make.

I'm a little surprised to not see Gren Maju here, mostly because most banish decks I've seen lately rely around empowering him. I understand why you have Necroface, but without Gren Maju, this deck feels like it has all the engine for buffing your key monsters, but without half half of those key monsters. While Necroface does leave Gren Maju vulnerable, I think it's better to cover your bases. So as a start, I would suggest that since you'll have to remove two Pots anyway, you may as well replace one or two of them with Gren Maju.

Run triple Pot of Extravagance if you can get your hands on some. It isn't Limited unlike Pot of Desires and gives your deck much needed draw power and you do want it to show up more often than not. Plus you're probably not needing your Extra Deck since attacking over anything with a massively empowered Gren Maju is a legitimate win condition beyond board control with Gizmek Oorochi/Eater of Millions/etc. and hindering/shutting down plays with your floodgates.

Soul Release is kind of (well more like outright) not good or practical so I'd ditch that. Banishing from the GY is more effective on a Quick Effect or Quick Play Spell to disrupt plays (eg. Called by the Grave and D.D. Crow). Solemn Judgment should be considered to protect your floodgates (Dimensional Fissure and Macro Cosmos) from removal as well as protecting your plays in general (it covers a lot of bases but does nothing against monster effects or Summons from monster effects and is at its best going first). Solemn Warning should be maxed if you're using it. The card isn't Limited and you'd want it to show up in your hand more often than not and it can somewhat disrupt plays but it's probably useless against decks that infinitely Special Summon but would be effective with your floodgates active. Solemn Strike is an all-purpose monster negate (doesn't matter where the monster effect activates from) while also negating inherent Special Summons on top of that and could more often than not come in more handy than Solemn Warning.

Archived