Jump to content

How can advanced members can change their profile banners but not users like me or others


We should change the future if this site by for all members to be able to edit their banners and not just   

9 members have voted

  1. 1. Should all members regardeless of their rank should have the ability to change their proflie banner



Recommended Posts

@YCMaker You have some explaining to do How can advanced members can change their profile banners but not users like me or others what's even whose is you have to get a mod or admin to do it for you unlike other forum sites like I'm just a newbie on that site and they let me change the banner even if I was a beginner user on day 1 on the account creation so something needs to change @Rayfield Lumina @Loleo @The Nyx Avatar come on that makes it worse why not make it so all users can edit their banners @YCMaker I'm sorry for coming off a bit rude their but I want a change on this site/forum all other forums sites I go to have that ability except on this site where you need to ask a mod or admin to do it for you I know your a busy guy and all but would it hurt to put that feature into the site so all users can do it and not just the advanced members that is only 1 change to the site.

https://mugenfreeforall.com/profile/27300-nanami-madobe/ 

Edited by Zefra Zamazenta
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Lone mouse @KH911 @Rayfield Lumina @The Nyx Avatar @Tinkerer @Horu can you guys please vote in the polls please its to allow all users to change their profile banners/art covers. I need all of you to support me if you guys can change your banners why not me or any new users/just regular members on the site

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lone mouse said:

I didn't not see that 

inkon

Okay thanks for voting we need all the support we can get to allow all users on the sites from new to normal and etc and not just advanced members and beyond what does not allowing all users to change their profile banners do for your site "Nothing" just allow all users to do it that's why I want @YCMaker to make this change that could really benefit the site I'm just saying.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a veteran member that's got 13k+ posts and almost 15 years on the site: No veteran members can't change their banner either.
I used to be able to, I think you needed 5k+ post count accumulated to unlock the ability, but nowadays only the staff can edit that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mmm... I suppose that the fact that people cannot change their profile banner freely is rather restrictive and outdated. In just about every social network you're able to do it without any requirement or difficulty. I don't see a reason to not allow this; however it might a thing that is not for the administrator to enable or not. If the board itself doesn't have an option that allows all members to change banner, then there's nothing YCMaker can do, even if he was willing to make the change. Like Sleepy said (I freaking thought it was Nyx for a second again xD), as things stands, only the staff can do it. And that being the case, I'd rather we had a system to gain points and use them to get access to the banner among other things, just like it was a long time ago and how I've been asking YCMaker to bring back. I'll vote in favor, but again, if in principle there's nothing to do about it, no amount of plead will matter.

EDIT: Holy moly! I entered my profile some minutes after posting this to make an Status and I suddenly noticed the function is THERE! We can now change our banner freely!! Freaking WELL DONE @Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan!!

:7600_key:

Edited by Rayfield Lumina
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Sleepy said:

As a veteran member that's got 13k+ posts and almost 15 years on the site: No veteran members can't change their banner either.
I used to be able to, I think you needed 5k+ post count accumulated to unlock the ability, but nowadays only the staff can edit that.

 

3 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Mmm... I suppose that the fact that people cannot change their profile banner freely is rather restrictive and outdated. In just about every social network you're able to do it without any requirement or difficulty. I don't see a reason to not allow this; however it might a thing that is not for the administrator to enable or not. If the board itself doesn't have an option that allows all members to change banner, then there's nothing YCMaker can do, even if he was willing to make the change. Like Sleepy said (I freaking thought it was Nyx for a second again xD), as things stands, only the staff can do it. And that being the case, I'd rather we had a system to gain points and use them to get access to the banner among other things, just like it was a long time ago and how I've been asking YCMaker to bring back. I'll vote in favor, but again, if in principle there's nothing to do about it, no amount of plead will matter.

EDIT: Holy moly! I entered my profile some minutes after posting this to make an Status and I suddenly noticed the function is THERE! We can now change our banner freely!! Freaking WELL DONE @Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan!!

:7600_key:

 

21 hours ago, Lone mouse said:

The best parts o anythignareth customization options

Thanks for the support guys I really appreciate that @Rayfield Lumina @The Nyx Avatar @Sleepy @Lone mouse and a big thanks to @YCMaker for your support and listening to everybody we want to make the site a welcoming place for newcomers and people who hasn't been on it in years a better place for those people.

 

EDIT: Oh yeah completely forgot you can lock this thread now @The Nyx Avatar if you want I'm now done with it because I've already proven my point.

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2022 at 11:33 PM, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

@YCMaker You have some explaining to do How can advanced members can change their profile banners but not users like me or others what's even whose is you have to get a mod or admin to do it for you unlike other forum sites like I'm just a newbie on that site and they let me change the banner even if I was a beginner user on day 1 on the account creation so something needs to change @Rayfield Lumina @Loleo @The Nyx Avatar come on that makes it worse why not make it so all users can edit their banners @YCMaker I'm sorry for coming off a bit rude their but I want a change on this site/forum all other forums sites I go to have that ability except on this site where you need to ask a mod or admin to do it for you I know your a busy guy and all but would it hurt to put that feature into the site so all users can do it and not just the advanced members that is only 1 change to the site.

https://mugenfreeforall.com/profile/27300-nanami-madobe/ 

Funny enough I'm not an advanced member, I won the banner change in a context, but I am one of if not the most active member currently on the sight. I understand the logic both ways, and honestly, I like the old system of a certain post count instead of just staff (maybe have reputation attached instead?). It is exclusive, but that's what makes it worth more. You can change your profile picture and name every so often? I'm glad to see its free now and can't wait to see the new banners!

Edited by Loleo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Loleo said:

Funny enough I'm not an advanced member, I won the banner change in a context, but I am one of if not the most active member currently on the sight. I understand the logic both ways, and honestly, I like the old system of a certain post count instead of just staff (maybe have reputation attached instead?). It is exclusive, but that's what makes it worth more. You can change your profile picture and name every so often? I'm glad to see its free now and can't wait to see the new banners!

There can be new features introduce to keep people posting like profile music @YCMaker right @Rayfield Lumina or @The Nyx Avatar I think it was 1 of your ideas to bring life to the site?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2022 at 2:19 PM, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

There can be new features introduce to keep people posting like profile music @YCMaker right @Rayfield Lumina or @The Nyx Avatar I think it was 1 of your ideas to bring life to the site?

I plan to make a poll about the Profile Music in due time. Tbh I said I to YCMaker I would to that during that Plugins and Apps thread, but for this and that I haven't been able to do it/kinda forgot about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...