[CYAC] Time-Rending Morganite

https://ygorganization.com/fillmyeyeswiththatdoublevision/

image.png.f7663ed3752dede4f97b7c2fdf517777.png

CYAC-JP067 時を裂く魔瞳 Toki wo Saku Morganite (Time-Rending Morganite)
Spell
(1) During this Duel, apply each of the following effects.
• You cannot activate the effects of monsters in the hand.
• You draw 2 cards when you conduct your normal draw.
• You can Normal Summon/Set up to twice per turn.
(2) You can banish this card from your GY and discard 1 “Time-Rending Morganite”; during this turn, when you Normal Summon a monster, your opponent cannot activate the effects of monsters.

4 hours ago, Lone mouse said:

It basically says no hand traps but pot of greed every turn?

I wouldn't think of it like that. You're already drawing 1 card, so it's more like an Upstart every turn (or maybe something like Pinpoint Landing?). The card is also a -1 on the activation turn, so it takes a minimum of 4 turns after activation before it +s. The game could be over by then.

This isn't to say the card is bad. I just find it difficult to assess how good it could be without knowing many good decks that would run it.. Stun decks seem like the best contender.

This card is pretty solid. Normal Summons can be a key play in some decks so having 2 of that for the rest of the duel is a good thing. It might just be Double Summon immediately speaking, but it'll hopefully get a second or third use before the end of the game.

Advantage-wise, the first +1 draw pays for this card and I'd estimate a couple uses out of it.

Then because it isn't a cummulative effect where activating 2 or 3 of these grants you that many more draws or Summons, the last effect is pretty neat. Monarchs, searchers like Stratos, etc. all become protected by omni negates for a turn? sounds pretty great there.

Now not all decks care about Normal Summons and games will not have that many turns to make this go too extreme (that part is fairly slow) so I don't think this will be an absolute staple.

There are apparently over 500 monsters that special summon themselves from the hand by their own card effect, so this would prevent that as well. No Tenyi, no Melfy, no Therion. Most of the Gizmeks wouldn't work under this either.

I'd love to try to use this w/ Magical Musket though.

Archived