[VJMP] Mystic Potato

https://ygorganization.com/darkholeforgains/

image.png.9e3d03ef527669d61bc9c740a4e0d4e7.png

VJMP-JP235 キラー・ポテト Killer Potato (Mystic Potato)
Level 4/DARK/Plant/Effect
(1) If this card on the field is destroyed by card effect and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 DARK monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck in Attack Position, except “Mystic Potato”.
1400/1100

21 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Would this be broken in the DM/GX Era of YGO like 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, or even 2007?

This card is alright and is better in today's Era just use Lonefire Bollsom to summon it from the Deck.

It'd probably have been much worse in earlier eras. You didn't have reasonable ways to destroy your own stuff via card effect back then (besides maybe Dark Hole which was @1 for the longest time).

Destruction effects are easier/more consistent nowadays, but I don't really see a home for this rn outside of maybe Rose Dragon/Synchro spam?

3 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

It'd probably have been much worse in earlier eras. You didn't have reasonable ways to destroy your own stuff via card effect back then (besides maybe Dark Hole which was @1 for the longest time).

Destruction effects are easier/more consistent nowadays, but I don't really see a home for this rn outside of maybe Rose Dragon/Synchro spam?

What about Lone Firebollosm?

11 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

"Except Mystic Potato" is unfortunate, but still sounds nice.
My most important question here is on if they got any plans for the the TCG to have a version with the TCG Mystic Tomato face edited in xD

Not gonna lie, it's criminal that the TCG hasn't given us a Mystic Tomato LART yet tbph.

Just now, ~British Soul~ said:

Not gonna lie, it's criminal that the TCG hasn't given us a Mystic Tomato LART yet tbph.

I like the TCG art better personally, I even have a playset of it in Secret Rare xD
but I agree the card is overdue for a LART print. Both copies should co-exist.

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

I like the TCG art better personally, I even have a playset of it in Secret Rare xD
but I agree the card is overdue for a LART print. Both copies should co-exist.

Yeah, the TCG art certainly adds more character to Tomato, but I also agree that both copies should co-exist.

Honestly, they're realising this card way too late. I mean, what are we gonna do with this card if your opponent can easily dispose of it, negate it's effect and finish you off in one turn? Meta now in days just ruin the classic strategies.

Leaving aside My dissapointment of now in days meta, I actually find this card kind of funny. I mean just think about it; first Mystic Tomato and now Killed Potato. Which other vegetable will be next? A lettuce? A cabbage? A carrot? XD

Archived