Kale's Card Reviews: Going to be LOCKED. mods, please?

Kale

[align=center]

Kale's Card Reviews

[spoiler=[b]Greeting and Intro[/b]]Good Evening (or morning, where you are) all!

This is a card rating station for all viewers here in the Realistic Cards Section. Here i would like for all of you to post your cards for them to be thoroughly rated, based on individual status, combination with other cards, and how original the card is.

This is Free.

I will rate cards on the following things:

[spoiler=[b]• Name.[/b] 1/10] the card must have a good name, or at least not a bad one, in order for it to be interesting. Judgment Dragon is partially cool for his name, am i right? would it be as cool if he was called Judgment, Lightsworn Dragon? i dont think so...

[spoiler=[b]• Stats.[/b] 2/10] The level of the monster in relation to the effect, the ATK and DEF in relation to the level, and the Attribute.

[spoiler=[b]• Effect.[/b] 4/10] What the card does. This includes over/underpowered card effects. The Arcana Force Monsters are interesting because there can be two of the same card played, but they can have different effects based on the coin toss. if the card is just a "this card cant be destroyed by battle" card, that isnt very cool, it is just a simple one trick pony.

[spoiler=[b]• OCG.[/b] 1/10]Official Card GrammAr. If your card is written with horrible grammAr, then no one would want to read it in the first place, let alone try and use it. if the OCG is bad, then it will lose the point.

[spoiler=[b]• Originality.[/b] 2/10]This includes the picture and the basis for the effect. if the card has had the same effect or picture as another card on the forum, or indeed in real life, then it loses one of these points.

I will then give it a grade, and i will average that out to a letter grade.

Note: there will be .10 of a point given out in some cases.

Then i will give an outlook on some of the plays that you could use to make it look deadly or not. Such as certain scenarios that you could use this card in to do some serious plays. after those two things are done, i will say where i think the card would be placed on the Limited/Banned list.

[spoiler=[b]Other Notes, Why this thread was made, Permission Statments[/b]]This thread was made for all of you who want to get a card rated, and i havnt seen Yankeefan do as much of his reviews as he used to do. This is in no way wanting to upstage Yankee, as he is my friend. i am only providing this as a service to all the other members who really want there cards rated.

Plus, this can be beneficial in that now you can get a second opinion on the card being rated. ;)

Please note that i got permission to make this thread from Bloodrun, so dont complain that it is here. thanks Bloodrun!

Now, post your cards. i will try to rate three a day, but this is not guaranteed.

Please note that if i say that your card is bad or good, it doesnt necessarily mean that you are a bad or good card maker or person, respectively. It just means that that was a bad or good card at that moment, and you can always try again.

[spoiler=[b]Bumping Requests Clause:[/b] ]

You all may realize that i cant rate them all, that i can only rate a few at a time, right? so i have made a new system to give you all a better chance.

quote your original post, then repost it with the number of times that you have posted it. EX: for the first time, you would write: post #2. this allows me to see how badly you want your card rated.

this can only be done every two days, this will cut down on the spam. ;)

thank you all.

Best Card:

BlueKyubbi - Lunar Siren. it got an A-/UnLimited.

try beating that!

Card Reviews:

Name---------Date---------Card Name---------Rating--------Link to rating

X-L YEAHHHH!!!--------Sept. 16, 2008--------Lotus of the Forest--------B+/Semi-Limit--------Link

BlueKyubbi--------Sept. 17, 2008---------Devastation Vanguard-------B+/Limit---------Link

mooth---------Sept. 17, 2008--------Hirsane and Jagon - Fire gemini--------D+/Banned.---------Link

Dark Hunter---------Sept. 17, 2008--------Poltergeist Dragon----------C/Unlimited---------Link

Crystal Beast user J---------Sept. 18, 2008--------Aquarius, the Aquatic Angel----------B/Unlimited---------Link

Jonas Greve---------Sept. 18, 2008--------Beast that Lurks in the Shadows----------C+/Semi-Limited---------Link

Legacy Of Stardust™---------Sept. 18, 2008--------Legacy Lord - Hikari----------B-/Limited---------Link

CoryDarkstar---------Sept. 20, 2008--------Gizarmo - the High-Five Robot----------B-/UnLimited---------Link

Dark Hunter---------Sept. 20, 2008--------Final Resort----------B/UnLimited---------Link

Dr.Pain---------Sept. 20, 2008--------Kariozu - the Silent Ninja----------C/UnLimited---------Link

Killey---------Sept. 20, 2008--------Arcanic Crusader - Direga----------B+/UnLimited---------Link

Alph---------Sept. 20, 2008--------The Ressurected-Mechanidrason----------B+/UnLimited---------Link

Delta Guardian---------Sept. 20, 2008--------Morbid Reaper----------B+/SEMI-Limited---------Link

magno---------Sept. 21, 2008--------Illidan----------C/UnLimited---------Link

Diedra---------Sept. 21, 2008--------Seraph of Salvation----------B+/SEMI-Limited---------Link

rlc---------Sept. 21, 2008--------Cherub Child----------F/UnLimited---------Link

Ninja Steve---------Sept. 21, 2008--------Creature from Below----------B+/UnLimited---------Link

Frlf---------Sept. 21, 2008--------Burning Chasm----------B/UnLimited---------Link

WhiteFang29---------Sept. 21, 2008--------Oceaninc Dragon of the Darkest Sky----------C/SEMI-Limited---------Link

Silent Hunter™---------Sept. 21, 2008--------Illuminous Firedepth Devastation Gandora----------B/UnLimited---------Link

Alph---------Sept. 21, 2008--------Bottomless Commander - Alphus----------B/SEMI-Limited---------Link

Alister Grey---------Sept. 23, 2008--------Chaos Timelord----------D/Banned---------Link

BlackLusterSoldier76---------Sept. 23, 2008--------Alexander, the Young Knight----------B+/UnLimited---------Link

Alph---------Sept. 23, 2008--------Bottomless Mecha I – The Hero----------B-/UnLimited---------Link

darklotus397---------Sept. 23, 2008--------Crystallized Water Dragon----------B-/UnLimited---------Link

Ninja Steve---------Sept. 23, 2008--------Ploop!----------C+/UnLimited---------Link

D.D. Warrior---------Sept. 23, 2008--------Magician Girl of Black Chaos----------C+/UnLimited---------Link

BlueKyubbi---------Sept. 23, 2008--------Lunar Siren----------A-/UnLimited---------Link

tectonix55---------Sept. 23, 2008--------Tyrannical King----------B+/UnLimited---------Link

Waiting List:

Enrise [bumped to top, bump clause.]

Injection Fairy Lily

CoryDarkstar

Alister Grey

lightdiversion

Alph

Necro-Lord

Dr.Pain

Ninja Steve

ChronosCrowler

Darkblae

magno

Yankeefan

D.D Star-Storm

Yankeefan (2)

Bluephoenix

jamief

XENOCIDEX

CardTimeNow

BlackLusterSoldier76

[More to Come - Edited with Bump Request Clause]

Happy Card Making!

[/align]

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is my card:

64584zj0.jpg

Effect:

When this card is destroyed by battle, inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent. When this card is destroyed, Special Summon 2 "Lotus Token"s(Plant-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0) to your side of the field. They cannot be used as Tributes for a Tribute Summon. When a "Lotus Token" is destroyed by battle inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, during your Main Phase , you can can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard by sending 1 "Lotus Token" on your side of the field to the Graveyard.

dont own pic!

I have a few cards I want rated. If you only do one per person per day, do the one in the top left first.

Gizarmo.jpg

EFFECT:This card can only be Summoned after the effect of "Gesture of Five" has resolved. When this card is Summoned, offer your opponent a high-five. If he/she accepts, the original ATK of this card becomes 3000. If he/she refuses, change this card to defense position. The original DEF of this card becomes 3500 and this card cannot be destroyed by the effects of Spell or Trap Cards if it was Normal Summoned.

96473hk8.jpg

here is my card:

64584vv5.jpg

Effect:

When this card is destroyed by battle' date=' inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent. When this card is destroyed, Special Summon 2 "Lotus Token"s(Plant-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0) to your side of the field. They cannot be used as Tributes for a Tribute Summon. When a "Lotus Token" is destroyed by battle inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, during your Main Phase , you can can Special Summon this card from your Gravyard by sending 1 "Lotus Token" on your side of the field to the Graveyard.

dont own pic!

[/quote']

Name: The name is alright, though it isnt one of those "ooh i really would like to play this" type of names. i will only take a 10th of a point off for that though. ;) .9/1

Stats: the effect is strong, as i will get to later, but the level and the type and the Attribute are great for the effect and card idea. a full 2/2

Effect: this card is very strong. when it is destroyed by battle, your opponent takes 500. then whenever it is destroyed you get two more tokens that basically have that same effect. even though they cant help tribute summon a monster, they can still Synchro summon a monster, as i will get in the "combo" section. this card is interesting, though i think it is a tad overpowered. so i will deduct 1 point from the 4. 3/4

OCG: i could not find anything wrong. if someone else disagrees, i am more than happy to change the rating. 1/1

Originality: This card seems a lot like Dandylion, though it is more complex. it does burn-like damage, and it helps regenerate monsters. i believe that it is just a tad unoriginal, but only a 10th of a points worth. 1.9/2

Total: 8.8 --> B+

Combos: this card can do some serious damage. you can attack into a suicide, inflict damage, then get two level 2 tokens that can be used in a synchro. if you have a tuner set up, such as Krebons, or Zombie Carrier or the such, you can get a level 5, 6, 7, or even 8 with the new level 4 tuner with this attack suicide mission.

and you can tribute the token to get back a plant. since it wasnt written on the card whether or not the monster had to be on the field for this effect to happen, it doesnt need to be. you could tribute it and get back the same plant in order to do the same again, swarming the field with tons of plants and tokens, and then you can synchro quite easily.

this card is interesting. i am not sure where they would place this card, though it might fall under semi-limited based on the above scenario. i know, people say that a card's no good at two, but it is better than a one or a 0, right?

i hope you enjoyed the rating. you ended up getting a B+ and a semi limit on your card. ^_^

----

the turn out seems to be good!

i will rate your other cards later, guys. ^_^

Since my thread seems to be dead..

TWarrior.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]While this card is face-up on the field, it cannot attack. Once per turn, you can reveal this card from your hand to declare an attack with this card. Only 1 "Transcendant" monster can attack during each of your turns. After this card has attacked 3 times using this effect, or if this card battles with a monster with equal or higher ATK than this card's ATK, discard this card from your hand and flip it face-down.

Image credited to Wolf's Image Archive.

The OCG is relatively odd, since I can't quite name anything in the game that attacks anywhere besides the field. >_>

Thats exactly what its made for. BURN. Thank you.

^_^ youre welcome.

i will get to rating more cards, but i dont want this to be a first come first serve basis. i would like some late comers to have a chance. ^_^

EDIT: i might have to rate some of the above posts, as no one is posting others. XD

120961qd7.jpg

When this card attacks a monster in Defense Position, remove it from play without applying Damage calculation. Once per turn, you can activate 1 of the following effects based on the Attribute of your oppoents monster that was removed from play

-FIRE: Inflict 700 Damge to your opponent's Life Points

-WIND: Both players return 1 card from the field to their hand

-DARK: Your oppoent randomly discards 1 card from their hand.

-WATER: Return all Spell and Trap Cards on the field to their owner's hands

-LIGHT: Draw 1 card

-EARTH: Destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field.

(NOTE: Credit to artist is always in the lower right corner of meh cards.)

Heres a card!

[THE RESSURECTED-Mechanidrason]

(Yes, I know I spelt Resurrected wrong, I am aware. I just wanted to spell it differently).

92995pc9.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]This card cannot be Special Summoned from your Graveyard. You can only Advance Summon this card by Releasing 3 or more "Junker" monsters. When this card attacks a monster withh 500 or more ATK than this card, you can discard a number of card to increase this cards ATK by 1000 for each card discarded. If this cards ATK becomes 4000 or more, destroy it. When a face- up Machien- type monster you control is destroyed by battle, you can send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to Special Summoned the destroyed card on your opponents side of the field in Attack Position. Its ATK becomes 0 and it cannot switch Battle Positions.

Here:

64211ob3.jpg

Card Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-tuner Monsters

This card gets these effects, based on the number of Aqua-type monsters you control.

- 1+ This card gains 100 ATK form each card in your hand.

- 2+ Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can draw 1 card.

- 3+ Once per turn you can return 1 Spell or Trap card on the field to its owners hand.

- 4+ Once per turn you can return 1 level 4 or lower monster on the field to its owners hand.

Rate it when you have time.:)

since i think this is my best card ever i'll enter this one for you kale!

78284ch0.jpg

When there are 1 or more Pyro-Type monsters on the field activate 1 of the following effects:

-When there are 1 or more Pyro-Type monsters on the field you can draw 1 card,if the card is a Pyro-Type monster increase this card's attack by half the ATK points of the monster card you drawn.

-As long as there are 1 or more Pyro-Type monsters on the field this card cannot be destroyed by result of battle.

devastationvanguardzh8.png

Well' date=' here's mine. It's up to you if you want to rate or not. Even though you technically already rated it. ^_^

[/quote']

i know i have already rated this card, but i couldnt pass the opportunity. lets see if i further change my mind from the original rating. ^_^

• Name.

The name is pretty awesome, if i say so myself. ^_^

1/1

• Stats.

i think that it is just 100 ATK points overpowered. seriously, that is all. ^_^ the Attribute is perfect, and the level is good, but starting at 1800 for its effect is just a tad high...

1.7/2

• Effect.

pretty good, though just a tad overpowered. i know you added in the effect you cant summon it as long as your opponent doesnt have a monster, which would prohibit it from being summoned first turn, but if it is the only monster you control, it cant be destroyed by battle. now if it would be destroyed, it gets instantly special summoned if it is the only card you have, and then it gets a 300 point boost. this is a giant F*** YOU to DaD and JD, as when it is destroyed by any means, it is special summoned right back. sort of like the Anime only Oricalcos Gigas. this is a tad overpowered in itself, and it then you gave it the effect to get another machine from your deck, so you could stick this with Ancient Gears and get some major abilities fast.

3/4

• OCG.

there was one mistake that i saw. "If this card is destroyed while it is the only card on the field, special summon it...."

when will it ever be the only card on the field and get destroyed? probably never... i think you meant "on your side of the field" not just "the field" am i right?

0.8/1

• Originality.

totally original. 'nuff said.

2/2

total: 10 - 1.5 = 8.5

Combos:

this card can easily make its own one card combo. It gets destroyed by, say, mirror, JD, DaD, or anything..., and then it comes strait back. not only that, but it gets stronger. the only limitation is that you must not control any other cards besides him. this can easily be avoided, just dont summon any other monsters and dont set any face downs.

this can be a surefire way of keeping a monster on the field in any situation.

not only that, but this keeps around a level 4 monster around for eternity to be used as eventual synchro bait. not only that, but you can tribute it to get out a different level of machine, so synchroing with this bad boy is just... sweeeeet! tribute on the second turn for ancient gear engineer (level 5) and then summon a level 3 tuner to get SDD/RDA. or leave him there with Krebons and get a Goyo. :)

this card is unbelieveable with synchro...

and that is why i believe they would limit this card, or even ban it. but since i dont want to stoop to their level, i wont ban this card. ^_^

LIMITED.

Total Result: B+ and a Limit. ;)

hope you enjoyed the rating.

--------

since i think this is my best card ever i'll enter this one for you kale!

78284ch0.jpg

When there are 1 or more Pyro-Type monsters on the field activate 1 of the following effects:

-When there are 1 or more Pyro-Type monsters on the field you can draw 1 card' date='if the card is a Pyro-Type monster increase this card's attack by half the ATK points of the monster card you drawn.

-As long as there are 1 or more Pyro-Type monsters on the field this card cannot be destroyed by result of battle.

[/quote']

• Name.

the name is kinda odd... one thing i noticed was that you didnt caps 'Gemini'. that kind of ruined the name for me. :( it could have been better, though it isnt bad.

0.5/1

• Stats.

a 2900 ATK Fire monster that is a level 8 isnt too bad. ^_^ its fine to me.

2/2

• Effect.

this is the most important part of the card, and i think it was executed horribly. sorry, here are my criticisms.

your entire effect is based on the fact that there must be one or more pyro type monsters on the field in order to activate it. Newsflash: he is a pyro type monster. XD that means that he gets his two effects always, and that wouldnt change unless his type is changed by a DNA-like trap card (name escapes me right now).

his effect is overpowered, as he gets both. he cant be destroyedby battle. thats not the bad part.

this is one of the most overpowered cards i have seen, based on this effect. "-When there are 1 or more Pyro-Type monsters on the field you can draw 1 card,if the card is a Pyro-Type monster increase this card's attack by half the ATK points of the monster card you drawn." there is no limit to the amount of cards you can draw with this effect. and there is no cost for it. this means that you can infinitely draw cards until you have none left. that is sooooo overpowered for words. sorry mate, that deducts 3 points. :(

1/4

• OCG.

ocg is alright. ^_^

1/1

• Originality.

pretty original, it doesnt seem like a repeat to me.

2/2

total: 10 - 3.5 = 6.5

Combos:

i see two different strategies that you can use this card to pull an OTK, and you can use them both together if youd like.

build a deck around this card with a bunch of fire monsters, they dont matter much, with this card maxed out, mausoleum of the emperor maxed out, and all pieces of exodia.

get this card out first turn with MotE and then draw until you win. or you can draw until he is of OTK power and win. simple enough.

his draw power is enough to have him banned, though having the power up ability makes it ever more broken. :/

BANNED.

Grand Total: D+ and a Banned card.

hope you enjoyed your rating, please dont hit me. XD

-------

everyone else, i will try to get all of your cards rated, though there are more than i can count, and it will take a while. ^_^

47363da3.jpg

Please?

alrighty. ^_^

• Name.

kinda cool, though i dont see the relevance to the effect. the picture fits the name though. ^_^

0.7/1

• Stats.

just a smidge overpowered. 1500 ATK and 2000 DEF? thats a semi good offense and a pretty good defense for a level 4. :/

1.8/2

• Effect.

veeerrrryyyy simple. this is one of those "one trick ponies" that i was talking about. :/ all it does is treat all the monsters as Dragons.

2/4

• OCG.

good OCG. ^_^

1/1

• Originality.

eh, not too original, its kinda like zombie world, but for dragons and only for your Graveyard. :/

1.9/2

Total: 10 - 2.6 = 7.4

Combos:

i honestly cant think of this to combo with much. i guess you could combo it with Dragon's mirror, but if this card is in a dragon deck it would have dragons in the graveyard anyway...

i cant think of anything. XD

i dont think this would be limited at all. ^_^

UNLIMITED.

Grand Total: C and Unlimited. ^_^

Love these reviews' date=' I can't wait to have meh card spot lighted

[/quote']

^_^ thanks, man. i posted links to the reviews, so that viewers can see them after-the-fact.

well, i have gotten 2 B+, 1 C, and 1 D+ so far...

i cant wait to get an A that isnt limited or banned. i bet i will give them a piece of cake... Glasstin had cookies, so Cake is mine. XD

keep them a comin, i rate them...

Archived