|Diamond in the Rough|~Final Grades Posted!! Check Page 18 for the results~

Parting Shot

Darkfire Heated Soldier: Great Card' date=' but ATK gain is meh. 8/10

Darkfire Meteor Dragon: Interesting, and very good. Less dependency though? 6/10

Darkfire Dragon #2: Until the End Phase. This card being a tuner and all makes it overpowered. 4/10

Darkfire Borderline: lolz, almost a copypasteh. 0/10

Path of the Heated Heart: First part is useless, unless its for the mill and gimmick. Nice card too. 9/10

Overall: 6/10[/quote']

OH MY GOD I FORGOT TO WRITE "UNTIL THE END OF THE TURN"!!! XD sorry for that XD. I don't get the copypasteh thing but nver mind it's OK still an interesting score, Thanks Icyblue

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW' date=' is it just me or is Icyblue WAY to strict with his ratings...I hope Broward and the other judge are more...not evil in their ratings.

[/quote']

I could break it down. But I will speak it with this quote.

I was not strict at all.

What I did was.

I completely ignored OCG, it holds no relevance to me. If you can understand the English Language you can post on this website, such is my belief on OCG. So no "free points" for that from me at all.

I rated strictly 3 things.

- Synergy; How well the cards work together, along with other cards. Not strictly themed.

- Creativity; I do not care whether or not you can slap together something fast to make it seem like it works. I want to see individual cards with a "heart" of their own. To show you can work with something and still it be your own ideal.

- Balance; This and creativity were a HUGE factor for me. If your card was severely underpowered, I graded it poorly. If your card was severely overpowered, it was graded poorly. There was a midway between, for those of you who got 1/10 etc.

Ooh and keep in mind, I would also subtract scores if they did not meet these even slightly. This may even include "forced" effects.

List effects were also nulled. Due to that they eliminate creativity. You can basically slap a requirement on an effect and get that result. Anything more than 3 was tossed.

But here for magno:

how come mine was

Default 0/10.

Simple. DIVINE.

aaw' date=' none of my cards have been graded and put up yet :( *goes emo in a corner*

[/quote']

Your cards don't show up in your thread anymore, just a general photobucket "this image has been moved or deleted" message. Hence, there isn't anything to grade.

oh.. okay (maybe I deleted them by misstake :/) does this mean that I'm not in th contest anymore? or can i re-post them again? cuz I really didn't mean for them to dissapear.. I never said that I dropped either :(

I'll post them again in this message and you guys can decide wether or not to grade them:

53600jf2.jpg

[spiler=effect]If an Insect-Type monster on your side of the field is destroyed as a result of battle while this monster is in your graveyard. Pay 200 Life Points and special summon this monster to the field in face-up defence position. When this monster is destroyed as a result of battle, after being special summoned by it's own effect. Your opponent takes damage to their Life Points equal to the level of the attacking monster x 100.[/effect]

53600dl2.jpg

[spoiler=effect]When this monster is summoned (including flip summon and special summon), roll a Six-Sided die. Put out Web Counters on the same number of monsters as the result of the dice roll (a monster with a Web Counter on it cannot attack or change it's battle position).

When this monster attacks a monster with a webb counter(s) on it, increace this monsters ATK points by 1000.[/effect]

53600gu2.jpg

[spoiler=effect]Activate only while you have an Insect-Type monster on your side of the field. Flip 3 coins. For each head, put 1 Web Counter on one monster on the field (a monster with a Web Counter(s) cannot change its battle position or attack).

53600vc5.jpg

[spoiler=effect]If there is no monster on your side of the field, you can Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower Insect-Type monster from your hand or Deck. You can only use this effect once per turn.

53600cb5.jpg

[spoiler=effect]By offering this face-up monster as a tribute, special summon two level 3 or lower Insect-Type monsters with an ATK of 1000 or less to your side of the field.

uhh' date='he's a little harsh on his grades.

at least i had the decency to grade properly and at least give people a mark.

[/quote']

Im sorry, and I didn't grade properly?

What exactly did I "do" wrong?

If you can prove me wrong, I will regrade them ALL according to your scale lol.

Ooh and:

Cynic Insect: Meh' date=' nothing wrong with it. But no flavoring in it at all. 2/10

Dark Kumoo: How many "Web Counters", and its overpowered :|... 4/10

Insect Pheromone: So you know how to create a need right? But flavoring escapes you. 0/10

Raikaku No Mushi: ._. hardcore basic. 0/10

Overall: 2/10

(This grade was rounded up by convincing -_-)...

[/quote']

J-Max score re-added: 3/10

seeing all those 0s..really the only thing comes up right now is mindstorming in how to improve/repair the cards.. i mean we might possibly see some negative ratings in the future..hah

lets have an additional round of this contest (suggested by the suicidal club)... LOL jk

seeing all those 0s..really the only thing comes up right now is mindstorming in how to improve/repair the cards.. i mean we might possibly see some negative ratings in the future..hah

lets have an additional round of this contest (suggested by the suicidal club)... LOL jk

:/...

I also graded on consistency.

One good card is a fluke or a good idea. Multiple good cards is skill.

Which is why, you can have 2 great scores. And overall is crazy low...

Ah' date=' I see you have joined me club *tries to type in a scottish-ish accent*

(and btw Icyblue.. It says how many counters you can place with kumoo's effect. The same amount of counters are placed on the field as the result of the die roll, simple acctually ^^)

[/quote']

Umm.. Not per monster it doesn't.

and since I forgot:

Black Steel Grotto Elder: Its a nice card. Sorta alright. Just not spectacular by any means.. 4/10

Grotto Circulation: LOL! Funny effect. Its cool though. 5/10

Grotto Ritual: Ignored. Filler. X/X

Steel Ogre Grotto #3: ATK gain is useless. And lol' date=' make more impressive for effect? 2/10

Overall: 4/10

[/quote']

alot of times in contest, we are making 1 cards, and we try to put alot of good,creative,nice,whatever effects into it, so it can stand on its own on the field, but when it comes to "working together"... entirely a different story, it takes much more time to come up with potential strategies and ways people can play. to my view i would leave the creative part to the duelist, different duelist plays card differently thus manufacturing different strategies

[align=center]The results are in!!

It was a close race, and the scores had a rather low average (probably due to Icy's grading scale :P). The below scores are the averages of the judges' scores and reflect the final grade for each user's entry.

Now, without further ado, the results:

1st Place, with a score of 6.31, is Monkeybuoy2™!!!!

2nd place, with a score of 6.30, is Ryuchan!!

3rd place, with a score of 5.65, is Wicko!!

4th place, with a score of 5.40, is J-Max!

5th place, with a score of 5.17, is X-L YEAHHHH!!!!

All other Scores:

5.15 Yugi the Forbidden One

4.80 Alordzynix

4.23 DX Games

4.10 DesCrow

4.09 magno

4.05 Necro-Lord

3.73 ~Veemon~

3.70 The Almighty Animator

3.65 nubcakez

3.57 Ninja Steve

3.40 DarkDragoQueen

3.30 jensklots

3.23 D.D Star-Storm

3.05 Alph

3.00 sasuke101

2.95 lightdiversion

2.60 Aelsthla-Mental

Prizes will be awarded momentarily, and for those who won a free name change, please PM me either the name you want to be changed to or your request to deny the change in which case it will pass on to 4th place, and then 5th place based on interest.

Thanks to all for participating, and I hope you all join again when I host a similar contest next month ^_^[/align]

Archived