Super Smash Bros Official Thread (Remake)

Flame Dragon

This is a public discussion just post.

Our first things to discuss will be

1) The 2 tier list, Melee and Brawl

2) SMYN. Have you heard if it? If you haven't good to iTunes and look it up. This is where I got alot of info on Brawl before it came out, and the new eps still provides enjoyment. There is also a youtube account for them called SMYNYouko. If you like WTFP you should know of them. They also have a STICKAM channel so go check it out. Also a note. The content in SMYN is PG13.

[spoiler=Brawl Tier List]

[spoiler=Current]

2lcmart.jpg

New tier list plus character changes from the last one. Read left to right.

wu2zxv.jpg

First number is the change from the last tier and the second is their over all change.

[spoiler=Basics of the tier list]

1. Tier placement doesn't necessarily reflect your ability to beat your friends with a specific character. You might beat your friend's Metaknight with Sonic, but that doesn't mean Sonic is top tier. It means you win that matchup against your friend. Tiers are not absolute measurements of match outcomes.

2. Instead of measuring match outcomes, tiers are more a measurement of potential of characters against the rest of the cast in a competitive, 1v1 tournament environment. It shows general strength of a character's abilities in a specific tournament environment. So yes, maybe Yoshi is a beast in teams or Ganon is REALLY good with items turned on... but this list measures somethingd different than those things.

3. This list is based on a combination of tournament result data, extensive discussions with top players and tournament hosts and looking at general trends in play in the current competitive metagame. It took a lot of work on the part of some of the best minds in Smash to compile this list.

4. This list might change with time. It is based on how we perceive the game to be and play it competitively NOW. However, if a replacement for l-canceling is discovered or new tactics cause the game to evolve over time, this list could change. So if you main a character that isn't near the top, keep playing and evolving their game. You might be the one, like Chu Dat's Ice Climbers back in Melee, that cause people's opinions to change.

5. That said, don't give up hope! Just because your character isn't ranked at or near the top, doesn't mean you can't do fantastic things with them with enough talent and effort. We do not publish this list to encourage players to change their main tournament character. If anything, it should serve as a challenge to take the game to the next level.

6. In Smash, any character can win in any matchup if you are smarter and better than your opponents by a wide enough margin. So keep playing to win and work hard to be the best player you can be, regardless of which character you use.

[spoiler=Last]

148kot3.jpg

New tier list plus character changes from the last one.

I know using pics is meh, but I like pics more then words. Also the first Samus is Zamus.

[spoiler=J Brawl Tier List]

S Tier

Meta Knight 

Snake

A Tier

Marth 

Mr. Game & Watch 

Fox 

Falco

Wario

Diddy Kong

Pit

B Tier

Wolf

DK

DDD

R.O.B.

Olimar

ZSS

C Tier

Lucario

Ike

IC's

Kirby

D Tier

Pikachu

Zelda/Sheik

Toon Link

Peach

Mario

E Tier

Bowser

Luigi

Samus

Ness

Lucas

Jigglypuff

F Tier

Yoshi

Ganondorf

C. Falcon

Sonic

Link

Pokemon Trainer

[spoiler=Melee Tier List]

1. Fox

2. Marth

3. Sheik

4. Falco

5. Peach

6. Captain Falcon

7. Jigglypuff

8. Ice Climbers

9. Samus

10. Dr. Mario

11. Ganondorf

12. Luigi

13. Donkey Kong

14. Mario

15. Link

16. Pikachu

17. Young Link

18. Roy

19. Zelda

20. Mr. Game & Watch

21. Ness

22. Yoshi

23. Bowser

24. Mewtwo

25. Kirby

26. Pichu

[spoiler=Stage Placement]

[spoiler=Brawl]

Neutral

Battlefield

Final Destination

Smashville

Yoshi's Island

Neutral/Counter-pick

Castle Siege

Halberd

Lylat Cruise

Pokémon Stadium (Melee)

Counter-pick

Brinstar (Melee)

Delfino Plaza From Neutral/Counter-pick

Frigate Orpheon

Green Hill Zone

Jungle Japes (Melee)

PictoChat

Pirate Ship

Pokémon Stadium 2

Rainbow Cruise (Melee)

Counter-pick/Banned

Distant Planet From counter-pick

Green Greens (Melee)

Luigi's Mansion From counter-pick

Norfair From counter-pick

Port Town Aero Dive

Yoshi's Island (Melee) From conuter-pick

Banned

75m

Big Blue (Melee)

Bridge of Eldin

Corneria (Melee) From counter-pick

Flat Zone 2

Hanenbow

Temple (Melee)

Mario Bros.

Mario Circuit From counter-pick/ban

Mushroomy Kingdom (1-1 and 1-2)

New Pork City

Onett (Melee) From counter-pick/ban

Rumble Falls

Shadow Moses Island

Skyworld From counter-pick/ban

Spear Pillar

Summit

WarioWare, Inc.

[spoiler=Melee]

Neutral

Yoshi's Story

Fountain of Dreams

Pokémon Stadium

Battlefield

Dream Land (N64)

Final Destination

Counter-pick

Brinstar

Corneria

Green Greens

Jungle Japes

Kongo Jungle

Mute City

Rainbow Cruise

Kongo Jungle (N64)

Poké Floats

Counter-pick/Banned

Onett

Princess Peach's Castle

Banned

Brinstar Depths

Flat Zone

Great Bay

Icicle Mountain

Hyrule Temple

Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Yoshi's Island (N64)

Venom

Fourside

Mushroom Kingdom I

Big Blue

Mushroom Kingdom II

[spoiler=List of Friend Codes]

1) Flame Dragon - 1160-9569-8085

2) Glasstin - 3609-0711-5479

3) Poe-Kei - 2191-7325-7546

4) FFXFAN21 - 2406-6750-4819

5) Seth - 5284-2748-5220

6) Chaos Pudding - 1590-4365-4645

7) Instinct - 3909-7399-6560

8) Abstract [Atrocity] - 3909-7188-5391

9) TAG - 1160-9569-8085

10) Dragon Master - 0645-5740-4006

11) Kaitou Kid - 2406-4839-3941

12) Static Remix - 0516-7207-4877

13) SSBB Fan - 0044-2508-9972

14) Emerald Yoshi (CHANN) - 1848-3282-5157

15) Psycho Shocker Android - 3093-6980-6330

16) force_flex: 3659 9962 5756 9326

17) Cheese Pirate: 2836-4901-4265

18) hardmeti: 0259-0709-1096

19) Crazymanguy4: 5241-3895-3531

20) BludMonkey: 0173-6191-5970

21) JG: 4769-3063-2174

22) XxShadiusxX: 1333-5855-5136

23) XDRangePureX: 2450-2728-5221

24) Mayko: 2407-0254-3111

25) -Genesis-: 4040-0124-4585

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First thing's first.

That pic? Meta Ridley was bending down. So he's quite taller than that. Also, I've done my own measurements of games with normal Ridley. At smallest (not counting the NES version), he's twice the size of Samus. At largest, he's close to 3x her size. Meaning he's very large. Reducing his size to make him fit Brawl would make him look considerably less superior to Samus than how he normally should.

First thing's first.

That pic? Meta Ridley was bending down. So he's quite taller than that. Also' date=' I've done my own measurements of games with normal Ridley. At smallest (not counting the NES version), he's twice the size of Samus. At largest, he's close to 3x her size. Meaning he's very large. Reducing his size to make him fit Brawl would make him look considerably less superior to Samus than how he normally should.

[/quote']

For most of that fight Ridley is bending down. That the kind of body he has. If he was in Brawl that is the way they would have him, bending down, like he was in Prime and Corruptions

Link's tier is bad. BAD. He's my absolute best and other people think he's good but on Smash Wiki, his tier was like 38. Anyone else who disagrees or is even offeneded by that?

Do you guys know what Snake says when he calls Mei Ling on the codec when Zero Suit Samus is one of the combatants? The link doesn't work, so i'll tell you.

Snake: "Mei Ling, Samus took her clothes off."

Mei Ling: "That's just her in the Zero Suit, Snake."

Snake: "Without that bulky Power Suit, she's gotten a lot more agile....."

Snake: "I bet if I took off all this heavy gear, I could catch her....."

Mei Ling: "Um... Yeah, you wish."

Mei Ling: "Even without the Power Suit, all that training she's done with the Chozo has made her a super athlete. i don't think a normal human could ever keep up. Just look at her."

Snake: "Her loss."

Link's tier is bad. BAD. He's my absolute best and other people think he's good but on Smash Wiki' date=' his tier was like 38. Anyone else who disagrees or is even offeneded by that?

[/quote']

Pokemon Trainer is my main, and he's 30. Just because your good with that character doesn't mean they are good. This also doesn't mean you will always lose to characters higher on the tier list.

The tier list just shows what the potential of character is over all and how well they match up against other chatcers. This says it better than I can.

1. Tier placement doesn't necessarily reflect your ability to beat your friends with a specific character. You might beat your friend's Metaknight with Sonic' date=' but that doesn't mean Sonic is top tier. It means you win that matchup against your friend. Tiers are not absolute measurements of match outcomes.

2. Instead of measuring match outcomes, tiers are more a measurement of potential of characters against the rest of the cast in a competitive, 1v1 tournament environment. It shows general strength of a character's abilities in a specific tournament environment. So yes, maybe Yoshi is a beast in teams or Ganon is REALLY good with items turned on... but this list measures somethingd different than those things.

3. This list is based on a combination of tournament result data, extensive discussions with top players and tournament hosts and looking at general trends in play in the current competitive metagame. It took a lot of work on the part of some of the best minds in Smash to compile this list.

4. This list might change with time. It is based on how we perceive the game to be and play it competitively NOW. However, if a replacement for l-canceling is discovered or new tactics cause the game to evolve over time, this list could change. So if you main a character that isn't near the top, keep playing and evolving their game. You might be the one, like Chu Dat's Ice Climbers back in Melee, that cause people's opinions to change.

5. That said, don't give up hope! Just because your character isn't ranked at or near the top, doesn't mean you can't do fantastic things with them with enough talent and effort. We do not publish this list to encourage players to change their main tournament character. If anything, it should serve as a challenge to take the game to the next level.

6. In Smash, any character can win in any matchup if you are smarter and better than your opponents by a wide enough margin. So keep playing to win and work hard to be the best player you can be, regardless of which character you use.

[/quote']

Can I join or are there no more allowing of joining.

Any one can join. This is just a place for Brawl' date=' and smash fans in general, to talk about the game.

i will join i say that ridely was not big for brawl that is ridley size in all metriod gmaes look at him in metriod 3 like tag said ridley bends down alot that how ridley is

K

So the offical tournament stage picks are out, as are the rules. Here are the stage picks.

[spoiler=Stage Placement]

Neutral

Battlefield

Final Destination

Smashville

Yoshi's Island

Neutral/Counter-pick

Castle Siege

Delfino Plaza

Halberd

Lylat Cruise

Pokémon Stadium (Melee)

Counter-pick

Brinstar (Melee)

Corneria (Melee)

Distant Planet

Frigate Orpheon

Green Hill Zone

Jungle Japes (Melee)

Luigi's Mansion

Norfair

PictoChat

Pirate Ship

Pokémon Stadium 2

Rainbow Cruise (Melee)

Yoshi's Island (Melee)

Counter-pick/Banned

Green Greens (Melee)

Mario Circuit

Onett (Melee)

Port Town Aero Dive

Skyworld

Banned

75m

Big Blue (Melee)

Bridge of Eldin

Flat Zone 2

Hanenbow

Temple (Melee)

Mario Bros.

Mushroomy Kingdom (1-1 and 1-2)

New Pork City

Rumble Falls

Shadow Moses Island

Spear Pillar

Summit

WarioWare, Inc.

Additionally, each player may announce a single stage each match that s/he wants banned from the counter-pick list. The stages that are in the "Neutral/Counter-Pick" or "Counter-Pick/Banned" category are left to the tournament organizers to determine their actual placement in any specific tournament.

Several things make me say WTF.

Green Hill Zone, PictoChat, and Yoshi's Island (Melee) all should be banned IMO. of those 3, the latter of the 2 need it the most. All stages under Counter-pick/Banned should be banned but at least we can pick.

>_

[/quote']

No.The one that needs it the most is Yoshi's Island (Melee). Their is a reason I turned this off the second I got the game. Walk off, small, all the blast lines are near the ground. The stage is so bad. WTF were they thinking making that counter-pick.

Also pros are very scary. This one dude anther has such a good pika it put fear into me even though I was only watching.

If I you can I recommend you find vids of pros and watch them because then you can see how good people can get at this game.

This is is kind of cool. Melee has had a tier list update.

1. Fox

2. Marth

3. Sheik

4. Falco

5. Peach

6. Captain Falcon

7. Jigglypuff

8. Ice Climbers

9. Samus

10. Dr. Mario

11. Ganondorf

12. Luigi

13. Donkey Kong

14. Mario

15. Link

16. Pikachu

17. Young Link

18. Roy

19. Zelda

20. Mr. Game & Watch

21. Ness

22. Yoshi

23. Bowser

24. Mewtwo

25. Kirby

26. Pichu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I honestly disagree with the current tier list for brawl. There is no way King Dedede, master of the chain grab, beats Pit. Just no way. Captain falcon is still uber fast and powerful, Zero suit is also fast and powerful enough in the air to fin games. Marth before Ike? Thats a laugh, and peach is still the master floater, although extremely weaker, alot of her moves cancels other moves. That is a plus. Basically... is this fan made, or is there a source?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived