Super Smash Bros Official Thread (Remake)

Flame Dragon

Hi all' date=' I honestly disagree with the current tier list for brawl. There is no way King Dedede, master of the chain grab, beats Pit. Just no way. Captain falcon is still uber fast and powerful, Zero suit is also fast and powerful enough in the air to fin games. Marth before Ike? Thats a laugh, and peach is still the master floater, although extremely weaker, alot of her moves cancels other moves. That is a plus. Basically... is this fan made, or is there a source?

[/quote']

Dedede's chain grab is what makes him so good. This lets him rack up damage fast and since he can kill at low percents yu can die very fast.

Pit is good, just he is light and has some problems killing.

Falcon has alot of trouble killing. His best kill moves are hard to hit with (Knee and Punch) and most of his attacks have low priority and are slow.

ZSS I don't know much about, but she is light and she does have trouble killing.

IKE ISN"T GOOD! His attacks are slow as hell and he can't recover to save his life. He is fun, but not even in the same level as Marth

Marth is fast, has a great air game and high priority attack.

Like alot of other characters Peach has a nice bit of trouble killing and she is light making her die at lie percents. Also her recovery isn't that great.

This is the real tier list coming from the SMR. I would link it but it goes to aother forum which is a big no no. If you want to see it pm me.

I believe that it has a source.

We need to have another brawl Tournament soon. If no one is busy with the holdidays and school of course.

I've been thinking of having one during the holiday break. Then or during mid-winter break. If I hold it during the holidays I don't think I could enter it. But I still want to hold one soon.

can i join?? my friend code is 3659 9962 5756 9326

P.S. i am VERY surprised at Ike's tier...

Sure

Again see above.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the holidays? Sounds great but i'm not sure if we will see a lot of people join :/

Anyway. I acually changed my mind, i'm rather happy with the tier list. I just wish Falcon could see more respect, but as you know he is a difficult character to get used to.

During the holidays? Sounds great but i'm not sure if we will see a lot of people join :/

Anyway. I acually changed my mind' date=' i'm rather happy with the tier list. I just wish Falcon could see more respect, but as you know he is a difficult character to get used to.

[/quote']

I'm still thinking about it, but if I was to have one in the next few weeks it would be starting in a week or so.

Falcon is great, I play him, but he is very hard to kill with, I see my opponent going up to +150% sometime, dies easily, and most of his attacks can be stopped by tilts. I don't think he is bottom of bottom, but he isn't a long way off from it.

Anyway. I acually changed my mind' date=' i'm rather happy with the tier list. I just wish Falcon could see more respect, but as you know he is a difficult character to get used to.

[/quote']

I'm still thinking about it, but if I was to have one in the next few weeks it would be starting in a week or so.

Falcon is great, I play him, but he is very hard to kill with, I see my opponent going up to +150% sometime, dies easily, and most of his attacks can be stopped by tilts. I don't think he is bottom of bottom, but he isn't a long way off from it.

I guess i have to agree with you......

can i join

name:chris

code:0817-5818-5511

im up for a brawl match anytime

You may join anytime.

srrry i hvnt posted in a while but Ike is fast for a tank and he has bad recovery but ive beaten metannights, marths, pitts, and sonics on wifi so just because someone's slow dosent meen he sucks and alot of people i know are mains with Ike... he's and exrtream powerhouse and if you knnow how to use him hes really good and a pain to kill ive gone into very hiigh % and not died so... meh!

srrry i hvnt posted in a while but Ike is fast for a tank and he has bad recovery but ive beaten metannights' date=' marths, pitts, and sonics on wifi so just because someone's slow dosent meen he sucks and alot of people i know are mains with Ike... he's and exrtream powerhouse and if you knnow how to use him hes really good and a pain to kill ive gone into very hiigh % and not died so... meh!

[/quote']

1. Tier placement doesn't necessarily reflect your ability to beat your friends with a specific character. You might beat your friend's Metaknight with Sonic' date=' but that doesn't mean Sonic is top tier. It means you win that matchup against your friend. Tiers are not absolute measurements of match outcomes.

2. Instead of measuring match outcomes, tiers are more a measurement of potential of characters against the rest of the cast in a competitive, 1v1 tournament environment. It shows general strength of a character's abilities in a specific tournament environment. So yes, maybe Yoshi is a beast in teams or Ganon is REALLY good with items turned on... but this list measures somethingd different than those things.

3. This list is based on a combination of tournament result data, extensive discussions with top players and tournament hosts and looking at general trends in play in the current competitive metagame. It took a lot of work on the part of some of the best minds in Smash to compile this list.

4. This list might change with time. It is based on how we perceive the game to be and play it competitively NOW. However, if a replacement for l-canceling is discovered or new tactics cause the game to evolve over time, this list could change. So if you main a character that isn't near the top, keep playing and evolving their game. You might be the one, like Chu Dat's Ice Climbers back in Melee, that cause people's opinions to change.

5. That said, don't give up hope! Just because your character isn't ranked at or near the top, doesn't mean you can't do fantastic things with them with enough talent and effort. We do not publish this list to encourage players to change their main tournament character. If anything, it should serve as a challenge to take the game to the next level.

6. In Smash, any character can win in any matchup if you are smarter and better than your opponents by a wide enough margin. So keep playing to win and work hard to be the best player you can be, regardless of which character you use.

[/quote']

This isn't exactly the same situation but it is among this topic.

You can be the best Ike or just a smash attacker, regardless that doesn't change the fact that he is slow and his recovery is terrible.

srrry i hvnt posted in a while but Ike is fast for a tank and he has bad recovery but ive beaten metannights' date=' marths, pitts, and sonics on wifi so just because someone's slow dosent meen he sucks and alot of people i know are mains with Ike... he's and exrtream powerhouse and if you knnow how to use him hes really good and a pain to kill ive gone into very hiigh % and not died so... meh!

[/quote']

1. Tier placement doesn't necessarily reflect your ability to beat your friends with a specific character. You might beat your friend's Metaknight with Sonic' date=' but that doesn't mean Sonic is top tier. It means you win that matchup against your friend. Tiers are not absolute measurements of match outcomes.

2. Instead of measuring match outcomes, tiers are more a measurement of potential of characters against the rest of the cast in a competitive, 1v1 tournament environment. It shows general strength of a character's abilities in a specific tournament environment. So yes, maybe Yoshi is a beast in teams or Ganon is REALLY good with items turned on... but this list measures somethingd different than those things.

3. This list is based on a combination of tournament result data, extensive discussions with top players and tournament hosts and looking at general trends in play in the current competitive metagame. It took a lot of work on the part of some of the best minds in Smash to compile this list.

4. This list might change with time. It is based on how we perceive the game to be and play it competitively NOW. However, if a replacement for l-canceling is discovered or new tactics cause the game to evolve over time, this list could change. So if you main a character that isn't near the top, keep playing and evolving their game. You might be the one, like Chu Dat's Ice Climbers back in Melee, that cause people's opinions to change.

5. That said, don't give up hope! Just because your character isn't ranked at or near the top, doesn't mean you can't do fantastic things with them with enough talent and effort. We do not publish this list to encourage players to change their main tournament character. If anything, it should serve as a challenge to take the game to the next level.

6. In Smash, any character can win in any matchup if you are smarter and better than your opponents by a wide enough margin. So keep playing to win and work hard to be the best player you can be, regardless of which character you use.

[/quote']

This isn't exactly the same situation but it is among this topic.

You can be the best Ike or just a smash attacker, regardless that doesn't change the fact that he is slow and his recovery is terrible.

Couldn't have put it better my self.

Also I beat an Ike with a Fox with only taking 16% damage.

We had 2 stock.

Also I don't plan on doing a Tournament for a little while longer, but next year I hope to have one twice a year.

Also, because it's still the 25th by me, Merry Christmas.

Merry it is. ^_^

I'm ok as Fox but his recovery gets in my way sometimes.

I'm going to have get back into practice, i have been slacking. Brawl seems like the type of game you have to keep practicing or you get bad.

2 a year sounds good, and depending on how well they go...maybe 3 or more?

Merry it is. ^_^

I'm ok as Fox but his recovery gets in my way sometimes.

I'm going to have get back into practice' date=' i have been slacking. Brawl seems like the type of game you have to keep practicing or you get bad.

2 a year sounds good, and depending on how well they go...maybe 3 or more?

[/quote']

Main reason i play Fox is for his down B. When some one is coming back onto the level I run out and try to hit them with the VB. If it hits most characters will die, even at like 12%.

No, not really. After a few matches you should be back to your old skills. This isn't the case for going back to Melee. That is just too hard.

It would be cool to have them 3 times a year, but as you said it depends on how much people like them.

Well when the time comes we'll be ready. ^_^

So' date=' anyway. I heard you mained PKMN Trainer, which Pokemon do you use the most?

[/quote']

As will I. (If I have Wifi)

PT is my main, you can guess my best pok.

My other characters are

Sheik

Bowser

Falco

Falcon

Fox

Ike

Lucario

I'm roughly good as everyone but, I'll tell you mine top(10) to bottom.

1.Kirby

2.Meta Knight

3.Wario

4.Marth

5. King DeDeDe

6.Captain Falcon

7.Pikachu

8.Ness

9.Mr. G&W

10.Donkey Kong/Ganondorf

I like Heavy's and Flyers the most as you can see.

And TAG i don't really have anything to tell you, sorry.

I want to join. My best characters are any of the swordsmen. (Link' date=' Toon Link, Ike, Marth, Meta Knight) I'm best with Toon Link. I'm also good as Mario, Luigi, Captain Flacon, and Samus. I sometimes can be good as the Robotic Operating Buddy. (R.O.B.)

[/quote']

Yes you can. I have problems as Samus. I find Zero Suit much better.

Just thought I'd share a fun story with you all.

Yesturday me, TAG, and Dragon Master all went to our first Brawl Tournament.

It was 8 people, best of 3 for the first 2 rounds and best of 5 for the last round. No items, standed stage list.

Dragon Master losses in the first round pretty badly. (Sorry)

TAG also losses in the first round, but it was much closer.

I made it to the finals.

First match was against Link and Pika as PT. I 3 stocked him both times some how.

Second was another Link as PT and Sheik. I win the first round with lossing, I think, 2 stocks. Second match I go to Sheik and just kick a$$.

Final round starts off badly for me. I loss the first and second matches against his Marth as my PT and Sheik (got owned in the second as Sheik, so I decide to play PT for the remain matches). Nest match he goes to MK and I some how 2 stock. Forth he goes back to Marth, but once again I two stock. Last match I mess up big time and die really fat, and while I made a nice come back one my last stock as Charizard, I loss.

Over all I had a great time and almost won $40.

Yesturday me' date=' TAG, and Dragon Master all went to our first Brawl Tournament.

It was 8 people, best of 3 for the first 2 rounds and best of 5 for the last round. No items, standed stage list.

I made it to the finals.

First match was against Link and Pika as PT. I 3 stocked him both times some how.

Second was another Link as PT and Sheik. I win the first round with lossing, I think, 2 stocks. Second match I go to Sheik and just kick a$$.

Final round starts off badly for me. I loss the first and second matches against his Marth as my PT and Sheik (got owned in the second as Sheik, so I decide to play PT for the remain matches). Nest match he goes to MK and I some how 2 stock. Forth he goes back to Marth, but once again I two stock. Last match I mess up big time and die really fat, and while I made a nice come back one my last stock as Charizard, I loss.

[/quote']

Cool!

I envy you, we don't have Brawl tournys where i live....

How'd you mess up really bad? (In the last match.)

Yesturday me' date=' TAG, and Dragon Master all went to our first Brawl Tournament.

I made it to the finals.

[/quote']

Cool!

I envy you, we don't have Brawl tournys where i live....

How'd you mess up really bad? (In the last match.)

It's funny, we didn't even know that the place we went to was having a tourny. We went their to get some card, and then we heard them bring it up so we were like, we should enter for the fun of it.

During my first stock I was at like 70% and fell into Marth's fully charged B. I was the turtle, so I died.

Archived