Super Smash Bros Official Thread (Remake)

Flame Dragon

My opponent wins the first match, and I dominate the second. Both of us were at around 150%, last life, last match. I connected with Wario Waft, but it sadly didn't pull through the kill for me when I needed it most. :(

Still, it was a lot of fun playing in that tourney, and was totally worth it. I definately plan on doing it again when the chance arises.

Still need sum sugggestions for Brawl, pl0x.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll goin you guys plated Super SMashg Flash? It's a game aon Google.

Actually' date=' Super Smash Flash was created by a guy who goes by the online name of Mcleod 9. He has a website at www.mcleodgaming.com. Newgrounds and other websites took the game and put a disclaimer.

[/quote']

I ment that you could get it through google idiot.

Where was the tournament at?

At a place called Monstery Collectables if memory serves. The 3 of use just went down to see if we could get some cards' date=' but when we heard about the tournament we couldn't help but go.

Actually' date=' Super Smash Flash was created by a guy who goes by the online name of Mcleod 9. He has a website at www.mcleodgaming.com. Newgrounds and other websites took the game and put a disclaimer.

[/quote']

Also they are working on a SSF2 which, based on what I've played is alot better then the first.

[/quote']

I ment that you could get it through google idiot.

I know, but I'm just filling in the gaps you left.

Monstery Collectables? Huh. Never heard of it' date=' but i doubt i would anyway.

Smash Flash 2 has only released a small demo right?

[/quote']

Yeah, Mcleod either doesn't have the time or is just too lazy.

My main is Fox and ROB(I never knew he was top tier). I chose ROB cause his up B is awesome.

Also' date=' why is King D3 top tier?

[/quote']

1) Yes, ROB's Up B is awesome. :D

2)

King Dedede is a straightforward character. His tilts and smash attacks' date=' which are largely disjointed hitboxes, combine with one of the most versatile projectiles in the game, Waddle Dees, for devastating effect. Additionally, Dedede's throws are powerful, and in particular, the down throw allows for many characters to be chaingrabbed regardless of damage percent, and he is capable of infinitely chaingrabbing Donkey Kong. Dedede's recovery puts together four mid-air jumps and a super-armored Up Special with great vertical distance (and a powerful spike upon its decent, when not canceled) to be one of the best in the game. Because Dedede is also one of the heaviest characters in the game, he can be a dangerously tough match-up for many characters that lack the means to force him offstage.

Dedede is good at keeping pressure on the opponent, despite his slow movement in the air and on the ground. Dedede has range, power, priority, and attack speed mixed throughout his entire arsenal, with his best attack, back-air, possessing all four attributes. Dedede has absolutely no problem killing, as he is excellent at edge-guarding and gimping, and possesses many powerful ground finishers as well, including his quick and deadly up-tilt which kills as early as 90%. A crafty Dedede can even fool an opponent into a kill at 40% by using his forward-smash, although this is risky as the forward smash is extremely laggy despite its range (which includes a shockwave slightly in front of the hammer). From a distance, Dedede can prod his opponent with his quick f-tilt, the furthest reaching standard attack in the game, or he can use his Waddle Dee special to toss living projectiles at the opponent, which are capable of attacking of their own accord and absorbing projectiles to defend Dedede. The danger of the odd Gordo is also an excellent pressure, as they are extremely strong KO projectiles.

Where Dedede really shines is in his ability to transition defense into a powerful offense. With powerful throws and the best chaingrab in the game, many characters can be easily punished while approaching Dedede. Dedede's forward throw ends chaingrabs that have reached the edge with significant damage, with the added bonus of putting opponents into a recovery situation, where Dedede can begin using his back-air as a powerful Wall of Pain. His back throw is very strong, both in knockback and in damage (16%, most damaging throw in the game), and can KO at higher percents when performed from the edge. Dedede's grab game is topped off with excellent range all around, being tied with Charizard for having the best non-tether grab range in the game. Dedede also has two very quick power moves to get the opponent off him while in-close, outside of grabbing: his horizontal-knockback d-tilt and the aforementioned up-tilt.

However, Dedede suffers from several problems. As mentioned, he is one of the slower characters in the game, having poor horizontal air speed (the worst in the game), and his recovery is, to some extent, predictable, due to the Super Dedede Jump's slow speed and inability to grab the ledge at all unless canceled. For certain speedier characters, Dedede can be easy to combo and juggle, and a smart opponent can take advantage of the ending lag time on many of Dedede's moves. Also, his big character model is easy to hit, making him particularly susceptible to projectile camping.[/quote']

SPEAKING OF TIERS:

SS Tier: 1. Meta Knight

S Tier: 2. Snake

A Tier: 3. Falco; 4. King Dedede; 5. Mr. Game and Watch; 6. Marth; 7. Diddy Kong

B Tier: 8. Wario; 9. R.O.B.; 10. Lucario; 11. Olimar;

C Tier: 12. Pikachu; 13. Kirby; 14. Donkey Kong; 15. Ice Climbers;

D Tier: 16. Zero Suit Samus; 17. Toon Link; 18. Pit; 19. Peach; 20. Wolf

E Tier: 21. Luigi; 22. Zelda; 23. Bowser; 24. Fox; 25. Sheik; 26. Ike

F Tier: 27. Mario; 28. Lucas; 29. Ness; 30. Samus; 31. Sonic; 32. Pokémon Trainer; 33. Yoshi

G Tier: 34. Link; 35. Jigglypuff; 36. Ganondorf; 37. Rick Wheeler

I like offbeat characters like in Melee' date=' I used Fox and Mr G&W.

[/quote']

By offbeat you mean characters that aren't used?

If so check Melee's teir list and look for Fox.

Also, I've decided to stop maining Falco since he is top tier.

That's a stupid reason. And YOU KNOW IT.

On a side note, SUGGESTIONS PLZ!!!

[/quote']

Sooooooo.

That is why Gimpy stopped playing Bowser.

Try some Wario Land songs?

[/quote']

Sooooooo.

Isn't Bowser bottom tier?

And I'm not using GB songs. >_>

[/quote']

Sooooooo.

Isn't Bowser bottom tier?

And I'm not using GB songs. >_>

No, like mid mid tier.

GB? Game Boy?

Diddy kong is 7?! Wow. I guess he is better than i thought.

Not suprised at any of the others though.

From what I've read he got up that high because he is good against MK.

I honestly don't agree with that. :/

I think heavy fighters are good against someone light such as MK.

The one problem their is that MK can combo them to death since they are so easy to hit.

The one problem their is that MK can combo them to death since they are so easy to hit.

Well i guess. It really depends on teh player.

Also.

They seem to be moving lower tier into upper tier now, this game evolves fast.

Well i guess. It really depends on teh player.

Also.

They seem to be moving lower tier into upper tier now' date=' this game evolves fast.

[/quote']

That just how the tier list is. As times passes more tricks can be ound and this can really bring some characters up on the tier list.

Again, I'll post a full list of changes latter.

Archived