Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

chapter three!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Three]

Karen Takes Charge; John vs. Millennium Keeper

Karen

My Soul alerted me of the team’s arrival before any of my friends or the doctor’s could. I didn’t want to leave John’s side, but, reluctantly, I walked back out to the waiting room, leaving John's deck by his beside as I went. I relayed John’s condition to the others, but they, especially Jen, seemed unconcerned.

“Karen,” Jen said, “We were followed. They’re here. The Order is here.”

John

“So what do you say we begin, huh?” the old man said, raising a Duel Disk that I could have sworn he hadn’t had a second ago. “I’ll begin with the Continuous Spell ‘Call of the Mummy’. When I control no monsters I can Special Summon a Zombie from my hand. I summon a monster, but I chain it’s effect, flipping it face-down."

Great, I thought, now he has a strong monster out, and I have no way of knowing what it is. It could have any kind of hidden ability that he could use to throw my strategy into disarray. Good thing I have a way around it.

“For my turn,” I said, inserting a card into one of my own Duel Disk’s Spell/Trap slots, “I also begin with a Spell, my ‘Graceful Charity’. I draw three cards, and then I send my ‘Summoned Skull’ and ‘Jinzo #7’ to the Graveyard. Next I summon ‘Strike Ninja’ in attack mode.” The black-clad ninja appeared, his kunai in hand. “Attack,” I commanded, “with Ninjitsu Shuriken (ATK: 1700).”

‘Strike Ninja’ rushed forward and slashed. His target appeared, a large mummy with a huge axe. “You revealed my ‘Giant Axe Mummy’ (DEF: 2000),” said Keeper, “who has the ability to counterattack against a monster with less that 2000 Attack and destroy it.”

The ‘Giant Axe Mummy’ blocked my ‘Ninja’’s knives with his axe. He pushed the ‘Ninja’ back and swung with his axe, but the axe hit only air. “What happened?” Keeper asked, as his monster’s effect failed.

“Simple,” I replied. “I removed two Dark monsters in my Graveyard from the game to allow my ‘Ninja’ to step out of play until the end of the turn, avoiding your monster’s effect, even if I don’t avoid the damage I took during my attack (8000+1700-2000=7700). Now I end my turn with a face-down card, and my ‘Ninja’ returns.”

‘Strike Ninja’ reappeared, standing at my side. This duel had only just begun.

Karen

I closed my eyes and reached out with my Soul. “There are five of them,” I said, “all very powerful, with powerful magic all their own. This isn’t anything that they borrowed from Yami. They have Shadow Items.”

"The artifacts that the Order collected before they started going after the Souls?" Tucker asked.

"Exactly," I answered. "I don't know much about them, except that they are magical, with various degrees of power. These Shadow Items have a strong aura. Their magic is stronger than average."

“What are we gonna do?” Kimi asked. “We’re strong, but if they were worried about us, John wouldn't have been the only one they knocked out before they came. They know that without John, we may not be able to win against them.”

“We’ll set up defenses," I said, "protect John as long as we can. We can't let them have his Soul of Darkness, or they'll be able to draw the other Souls to them. We’ll set up separate waves, Max, Tucker and I making up the last wave. We’ll keep fighting until we win, or until John wakes up, whichever happens first.”

I mapped out my plan, designating levels of defense. The team agreed, and they headed out, leaving Max, Tucker and I behind to prepare for the battle to come.

Jen

I led my small team, seven strong, out into the hospital parking lot. There we met the Order members, five Duelists, each with unique characteristics. All five were guys. The oldest was a large, muscular blond man. He wore a pair of sunglasses and a black muscle shirt. The next oldest was a man of about twenty with dirty blond hair wearing a plain t-shirt and jeans. The next two were between mine and John’s ages. One wore a black shirt marked with a skull, in sharp contrast to his ash blond hair. The other had brown spiky hair and wore a navy blue button up. The fifth, a kid about Amanda’s age, had light brown hair and wore a tiger pattern t-shirt.

They were a motley crew, strange in appearance, and in that they were each radiating powerful energy. Energy which came from items that the five carried, one item each.

The large muscular man wore a necklace with a strait crystal at the end, similar to one of our Souls. It was a deep purple, almost black, attached to a cord by a silver metal cap. His item radiated the second largest aura. The twenty year old carried a sheathed dagger at his waste, its silver hilt wrapped in strips of black leather. The skull-shirt kid wore a bracelet made of black metal. The youngest, the one in the tiger print, wore a necklace of strung together metal spikes, made to look like a necklace of animal teeth. And finally, the spiky-haired kid wore a black coin around his neck, hanging from a string. His item gave off the most energy by far.

But more importantly, all of the items were emblazoned with silver millennium eye symbols, like the one on the famous pendant worn by Duel Monsters champion Yugi Muto. These items were Egyptian, they were magic, and they were very, very powerful.

Karen

I watched as the Order and the Duel Force faced each other. Even from here I could smell the stench of there wicked auras, twisting their magic into something evil. This was gonna be a hell of a fight.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

GiantAxeMummyPGD-EN-C.jpg

Next Chapter New Face of the Order; Dark Duel Force

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chapter four is up!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Four]

New Face of the Order; Dark Duel Force

Jen

“You can’t pass,” I said to the obvious leader, the spiky-haired kid, “we won’t let you.”

“You don’t concern us,” said the spiky-haired kid. “There is only one Duelist strong enough to contest the Dark Duel Force.”

“Dark Duel Force?!” Sarah said, surprised.

“Yes,” said the spiky-haired kid. “We are the Dark Duel Force. Specifically selected and trained by Master Yami himself. The only one of you strong enough to stand up to us is your leader, and from what we hear, he’s a bit under the weather.”

“You won’t get near him.” I said. “To reach John, you’ll have to get past the real Duel Force.”

“If you insist,” said the spiky-haired kid, “but remember, you were warned. This will be one big Shadow Game. Any of us who loses will have his or her spirit and any magic tied to it stripped from their body and sent strait to Yami.”

"What exactly does that mean?" I asked.

Spiky-hair smiled darkly, "It means that you'll die, and your Soul, and your spiritual energy, will go to Yami to increase his power."

I swallowed hard, afraid, “We agree to your terms.”

After all, we had no choice.

Spiky-hair nodded. “I think Beast Ruler should be sufficient to handle you clowns.” He nodded to the little kid in the tiger print. The kid stepped forward. “My name’s Beast Ruler,” he said, his voice sharp and raspy like a growl, “and I’ll be your slaughterer this evening.”

Karen

“Its starting,” said Max.

“I know,” I said grimly. “I wonder how long it’ll last.”

Jen

“If you don’t mind,” I said, “we’ll take you on two-on-one.” That was our strategy, to face them in waves of two, overwhelming them.

“The more the merrier,” Beast Ruler said, practically jumping for joy. “Come to me like lambs to the slaughter.”

My sister and I stepped forward. “You’ll face us first.” I said. We raised our Duel Disks, ready to strike.

“I’ll go first,” I declared (8000), “and I’ll start with my ‘Insect Knight’, one of the strongest four star monsters in the game.” My monster, an insect wearing armor, carrying a shield and sword in its upper most legs appeared between me and Beast Ruler (ATK: 1900).

“I also place a card face-down,” I said, “and I end my turn.”

“Making it my move,” my sister said (8000), “and I begin with my ‘Machine King’s Guard’,

154661kh3.jpg

a monster who’s Defense rises by 100 for every Machine I control.” An eight foot tall black robot appeared, a clear shield attached to its left arm, and crouched at Kris’ side, a spear in it’s right hand (DEF: 2000+100=2100).

“I also place a card face-down,” said Kris, “and end my turn. Your move, Beast.”

Beast Ruler drew. His broad smile widening, and he began. “I summon one of my most savage beasts, the mighty ‘Berserk Gorilla’!” Beast’s monster appeared, an orange gorilla that beat it’s chest repeatedly (ATK: 2000). “Now,” Beast said, “I attack with Berserk Pummel against the ‘Insect Knight’.”

“No you won’t,” said Kristin, as I braced for Beast’s attack, “because I can protect us both with my ‘Staunch Defender’ Trap.” Just before the ‘Gorilla’’s fist struck my ‘Knight’, it was deflected by the ‘Machine King’s Guard’’s shield. Beast lost Life Points (8000+2000-2100=7900).”

“Looks like we’re stronger than you thought,” Kristin said, standing ready, confidence in her eyes. “This duel is gonna be harder than you thought after all!”

“I wouldn’t be so sure,” Beast countered. “I place two cards face-down and end my turn.”

Kris smiled over at me. I smiled back, and to Beast I said, “Then its my move again.” Thanks to Kris I had a monster alive to use in my strategy. I was worried about Kris, but here I’d already be losing if not for her.

“I draw,” I said, “and I reveal ‘Multiplication of Insects’, splitting my ‘Insect Knight’ into two ‘Insect Knight Tokens’ with half the power.”

154661mm1.jpg

The ‘Knight’ split into two slightly smaller, but otherwise identical, monsters (ATK: 950 (each)).

“Now,” I said, “I can sacrifice my two monsters for a more powerful monster.”

“Don’t count on it,” Beast said, “because to the summoning of your ‘Tokens’ I activate the Trap cards ‘Token Feastevil’ and ‘Ojama Trio’. First my ‘Ojama Trio’ resolves, summoning three ‘Ojama Tokens’ on your side of the field, and then my ‘Feastevil’ destroys all Token Monsters on the field and deals both of you 300 damage per monster.” Three small creatures appeared on my field, one green, one yellow, and one black, and then all five of my monsters exploded. Kris and I were both hit (8000-(300x5)=6500 (each)).

“Next,” said Beast, “The controller of the ‘Ojama Tokens’ takes 300 damage for each one destroyed.”

I felt as if energy was being ripped from my body. It hurt, enough that it almost brought me to my knees (6500-(300x3)=5600).

“And best of all,” said Beast, “you don’t have any monsters left to sacrifice!”

“That’s about to change,” I said. “I summon ‘Basic Insect’, defense mode.” A small green mantis-like insect appeared at my feet, standing as tall as my waste (DEF: 500).

“My move,” said Kris, “and no matter what, I’m going to make sure you lose this duel. I’ll do it by sacrificing my ‘Machine King’s Guard’ to summon my ‘Machine King’!”

A tall humanoid robot with thick arms appeared as Kristin’s ‘Guard’ faded away. “My ‘Machine King’ starts out with 2200 Attack Points and gains another 100 for every Machine-type on the field (ATK: 2200+100=2300). Now I attack with Rocket Punch.” ‘Machine King’’s lower arms shot off and flew strait at the ‘Gorilla’ like rockets, crushing it. Then the arms reversed course, flying back and reattaching to the ‘Machine King’. Beast took another hit (7900+2000-2300=7600).

“Finally,” Kris said, “I end my turn with a face-down card.”

Beast drew his card, seemingly unconcerned by his loss. In fact, he seemed almost excited. “This is great,” he said, a dark hunger in his eyes. “This duel is the best duel I’ve ever fought! You guys are good, but not good enough to keep your spirits from Yami.”

“We can keep our spirits from being taken,” I said, “by making sure that your spirit is taken first.”

“Don’t count on it,” Beast countered, “because, far as I can tell, you still have fewer Life Points than me, and its my turn. I activate ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two cards. Next I activate ‘Graceful Charity’, letting me draw three cards and then discard two. Next I play ‘Monster Reborn’, letting me revive a monster that I just discarded, my ‘Rescue Cat’!”

A small cat wearing a hard hat appeared on Beast’s side of the field (ATK: 500).

“Now,” said Beast, “I return ‘Rescue Cat’ to the Graveyard to summon two Beast monsters from my deck.” ‘Rescue Cat’ disappeared and a squat rodent and a flying squirrel appeared. “I’ll use these two new monsters as a sacrifice for the ultimate beast.” A massive purple beast rose up behind Beast Ruler and growled. “Behold,” said Beast, “’Behemoth the King of all Animals’!”

The massive beast roared (ATK: 2700). I heard Kristin gasp, and I felt my knees begin to shake. If something that big hit us, it could get really bad.

“’Behemoth’’s effect activates,” Beast said, “and I get to return two Beast monsters in my Graveyard to my hand.” Two cards slid from his Graveyard. “’Behemoth’, attack the ‘Machine King’ with Ferocious Claw!”

‘Behemoth’ raised his claw and thrust it at the ‘Machine King’. Kris didn’t seem worried. “Reveal,” she declared, “the Trap card ‘Covering Fire’, raising my Attack by an amount equal to the attack of Jen’s monster.” The ‘Machine King’’s Attack rose (2300+500=2800), and launched his arms at ‘Behemoth’, pushing his claws back.

“Activate,” said Beast, smirking wickedly, “my Spell card ‘The Big March as Animals’, raising the Attack of my ‘Behemoth’ by 200 (2700+200=2900).” The massive beast pushed back against the rocket arms, smashing them to bits and continuing through, slashing the robot, reducing it to scrap (6500+2800-2900=6400). Good try sis, I thought. It just wasn’t quite good enough.

“I end my turn,” said Beast, “with two more face-down cards. Hurry up and go!”

I drew. Thanks to Beast’s combo last turn I hadn’t been able to summon a strong monster then, but I would be able to summon one easily this turn, if I brought my ‘Multiplication of Insects’ back for another go.

“I start off my move,” I said, “with a Spell card, ‘Spell Reproduction’, discarding ‘Insect Imitation’ and ‘Forest’ to return a Spell in my Graveyard, like ‘Multiplication of Insects’, to my hand. Next I reactivate ‘Multiplication of Insects’, splitting my ‘Basic Insect’ in two.”

The small mantis monster split into two duplicates of the original, side by side (ATK: 250 (each)). I selected a card from my hand, and the two tokens disappeared.

“I sacrifice my two ‘Basic Insect Tokens’,” I declared, “to summon one of the strongest monsters in my deck, and the only one that can match your monster in size. Rise, ‘Metal Armored Bug’!”

Behind me a huge beetle with a metallic exoskeleton appeared, flexing it’s huge claws (ATK: 2800).

“Before you can attack,” said Beast, butting in, “I reveal a Trap, ‘Threatening Roar’. No monsters can attack this turn.” The ‘Behemoth’ roared, and the beetle cringed.

“That makes it my turn,” Kris said. I looked over at her and saw a look of determination in her eyes. She wanted nothing more than to help us win this battle.

“I play,” said Kris, “my own ‘Graceful Charity’ Spell card. I draw three cards and then choose two cards in my hand and discard them. Next I summon my ‘Guardian of the Throne Room‘, defense mode,” Kristin’s monster appeared, a yellow robot that rolled along on treads with three missile launchers on it’s back (DEF: 1600). This duel was reaching a defining point. All I had to do was wait for that point to come and try to make things go my way.

BehemoththeKingofAllAnimalsDR3-EN-SR.jpg

Next Chapter Jen is Defeated, and John vs. the Perilous Desert Deck

and here is chapter five. hope you didn't think that jen and kris vs. beast ruler would have a conclusion this chapter, because that duel has just begun! also, more of john vs. millennium keeper!

[spoiler=Chapter Five]

Jen is Defeated, and John vs. the Perilous Desert Deck

John

“My move,” Keeper declared as he drew, “and I begin with the Monster card ‘Cobraman Sakuzy’,” a snake man sporting old Egyptian style weapons and armor appeared across from me and my ‘Ninja’ (ATK: 600). “Next I change my ‘Giant Axe Mummy’ to attack mode.” The massive mummy raised his axe, resting it on his shoulder (ATK: 1700).

“Activate,” Keeper declared, “the Spell card ‘Pyramid Energy’, and I attack with my ‘Axe Mummy’ against your ‘Ninja’.” The ‘Mummy’ rushed and swung his axe (ATK: 1900), splitting my ‘Ninja’ in half (7700+1700-1900=7500). “Next,” said Keeper, “my ‘Cobraman’ attacks you directly.” The snake man ran strait at me, slashing with his sword (7500-800=6700).

“And, finally,” said Keeper, “to finish my turn, I play the Continuous Spell card ‘Shifting Shadows’. I use the effects of my two monsters, flipping them into face-down defense position. And I pay 300 Life Points to activate ‘Shifting Shadows’, shrouding my field in darkness. Now if you attack one of my face-down monsters, you have to choose which one to attack at random (8000-300=7700).”

Shadows settled over Keepers field like a black mist. Once again Keeper had hidden his card to preserve his strategy. I knew that if I wasn’t careful I’d be out of luck.

Jen

“My move,” said Beast as he drew his card. “I activate ‘Card of Sanctity’, allowing each of us to refill our hands,” all three of us drew cards. “Next I summon ‘Blade Rabbit’ in attack mode (ATK: 300), and activate ‘Block Attack’, changing it to defense mode (DEF: 400).”

“Why not just summon it in defense mode?” Kris asked as the tiny rabbit appeared, baring its knife-like teeth.

“Because,” Beast answered cockily, “whenever ‘Blade Rabbit’ changes from Attack mode to Defense mode, I can destroy any monster on the field.” The ‘Rabbit’ jumped at the ‘Metal Armored Bug’, tearing strait through it. “No way,” I said, but their was nothing I could do.

“Now,” said Beast, laughing, “I think its time I squashed you. Like a bug!”

John

“I draw,” I declared, pulling the top card from my deck, “and I begin with my face-down card. Reveal the Continuous Trap card ‘Type-Zero Magic Crusher’. I discard ‘Darkness Approaches’ to deal you 500 damage (7700-500=7200). Next I summon my ‘Chaosrider Gustaph’, removing two Spell cards in my Graveyard from play to raise my monster’s Attack by 600 until my next turn (1400+600=2000).” My monster, a horned fiend riding a motorcycle, carrying a pike, appeared, carrying a pike weapon, revving his engine, his body wreathed in a green aura. “Attack now,” I commanded, “with Battle Pike!”

‘Chaosrider’ charged my opponent’s field and raised his pike, stabbing into the darkness, hitting a monster. It was revealed as the ‘Cobraman Sakuzy’, just before it was destroyed. ‘Gustaph’ kicked off of the ground, rotating on his hind wheel, and rode back to my side of the field where he turned and settled at my side.

“One card face-down,” I concluded, “and I end my turn.”

Jen

“I begin my finishing move,” said Beast, “with a Spell card, ‘Poison Fangs’. As long as it remains on the field, you take 500 damage from ‘Poison Fang’ each time a Beast deals you battle damage. Next I activate ‘Wild Nature’s Release’, raising the attack of my ‘Behemoth’ by an amount equal to it’s Defense!” The creature grew even larger, it’s claws and teeth growing longer and sharper (ATK; 2700+1500=4200). “Attack,” Beast commanded, and ‘Behemoth’ raised his claws, reaching toward me, “and I activate ‘Rush Recklessly’ and ‘The Big March of Animals’, raising the attack of my monster another 1100 (4200+1100=5300)!”

“No, Jen!” my sister cried as ‘Behemoth’ struck, “there’s nothing I can do (5600-5300-500=0).”

As I felt my spirit leave my body, I turned to my sister, “Beat him. Beat him for me.”

Kristin

I nodded, blinking back tears as my sister fell limp to the ground. Even as I cried and Beast Ruler laughed, I felt my pain turn to anger, and the desire for revenge.

“Because my ‘Wild Nature’s Release’ destroys my monster at the end of the turn, I have to summon a new monster to take it’s place.” Beast smiled, “Reveal ‘Beast Soul Swap’, returning a Beast monster on my field to my hand to summon a Beast of the same level. Well, I guess it would technically be the same monster, since the level seven monster I’m summoning to replace my dying ‘Behemoth’, is the level seven ‘Behemoth the King of All Animals’!” The powered up ‘Behemoth’ disappeared, and then reappeared in it’s original form, roaring loudly (ATK: 2700). Beast had one card left in his hand. What could I do? How could I win if not even Jen could?

John

“I draw,” said Keeper, “and I’m sorry to say that your Trap won’t be enough to protect you.” As the darkness on his side of the field cleared away, he selected a card from his hand. “Activate ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’, destroying your face-down card.” A powerful gust of wind tore through the hologram of my card, ripping it to shreds.

“Next,” Keeper said, “I sacrifice my ‘Giant Axe Mummy’ to summon the Master of the Afterlife, ‘The End of Anubis’!” Keeper’s monster, a twenty foot tall blue skinned fiend with the body of a man and the head of a jackal appeared, it's teeth bared, growling (ATK: 2500). “While my ‘Anubis’ is face-up on the field, effects cannot target the Graveyard. And of course, my monster is perfectly capable of attacking.” ‘End of Anubis’ roared, producing sound waves that tore my ‘Chaosrider’ apart, taking with it a chunk of my Life (6700+2000-2500=6200).

“You are strong,” said Keeper, “but you’ll never defeat the Perilous Desert Deck!”

TheEndofAnubisTLM-EN-UR.jpg

Next Chapter Soul of Mettle; Beast Ruler is Defeated!

[spoiler=Character Profile #25]

Name: Unknown, known as the Millennium Keeper

Deck Type: Perilous Desert

Shadow Item: The source of his power is unknown

Spirit Monster: None. He is connected with all monster spirits that ever made their home in Egypt

Description: Millennium Keeper appears as a plain, elderly Egyptian man, but his true appearance is unknown. The fact that he is as powerful as he is is proof that he could easily modify John's or anyone's perception of him. He is enigmatic and confident, using a nearly fool proof strategy that is based on Monsters and Spells that are tied to his homeland of Egypt. He is likely as old as the Forgotten Duelist himself, and maybe even as powerful.

Would you mind reading and commenting mine. I only have one more chapter left before book one is over. Thank you.... I am a huge fan

i've read a lot of it (and plan to read the rest as soon as i have time), and i like it. really, only one more chapter? i'd better get caught up then before i get too far behind!

I don't really have any favorite characters... but I like John and Karen's deck the most.

cool. btw' date=' here's the next chapter!

[spoiler=Chapter Six']

Soul of Mettle; Beast Ruler is Defeated!

Kristin

My sister was defeated, her spirit taken to serve as a battery for some evil spirit, and I was facing a psycho who also happened to very likely be one of the most powerful Duelists in the world. And I was fighting alone. The only support I had came from the five members of the Duel Force who stood watching from a few yards away.

This guy’s too strong, I thought. I considered giving up. But Jen wouldn’t give up. And she asked me to win this duel. I won’t let her down! This guy does have a weakness, and I’ll find it.

John

My ‘Chaosrider’ was gone, my Life Points were hit, and I had no moves in my hand to speak of. The best move I had was inhibited by ‘Anubis’’ effect. I needed a way around it, and I only had one chance to get it. I drew, and I looked at my card. Bingo!

“For my move,” I said, “I activate the Spell card ‘Dark Core’, discarding ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’ to remove your ‘End of Anubis’ from play.” A black hole opened above my opponent’s monster, pulling it inside. “Now,” I said, “I revive my ‘Red-Eyes’ with the Spell card ‘Monster Reborn’!”

There was a flash of light behind me, and the black dragon with the red eyes rose up from the ground with a roar (ATK: 2400). Thanks to my ‘Dark Core’, things were finally going my way.

“’Red-Eyes’, Inferno Fire Blast!”

Kristin

I looked over my hand, and then back at my opponent. I caught a glimpse of the number of cards in his hand and it hit me. One card? That’s it! His weakness is in the fact that he uses his hand up quickly. Thanks to ‘Card of Sanctity’ I have a full hand, but he only has one card! I need to draw one particular card to win, but even if I don’t get it, the chance of him having the right cards in the next one or even two turns is pretty low. I should be safe for now.

I drew my card, “Activate the Spell card ‘Pot of Greed’.” I drew two more cards. Nothing. “Summon ‘Giga-Tech Wolf’, defense mode, set a card, and end my turn.”

My newest monster, a robotic wolf, appeared alongside my first machine (DEF: 1400).

“Excellent,” said Beast, “because now its time to destroy you too. Maybe not this turn, but don’t worry. It’ll be soon!” He checked the card he drew, and then went right on with his turn. “I sacrifice ‘Blade Rabbit’ to summon my ‘Manticore of Darkness’,” A creature with the body of a man, the head of a lion, and the wings of an eagle appeared and roared.(ATK: 2300). “Now my two monsters attack.” ‘Behemoth’ struck and ‘Manticore’ roared. My two monsters were reduced to scrap, but my Life Points remained safe.

I was running out of options. I hadn’t expected Beast to be able to summon such a powerful monster this turn. I tried to remember what effects ‘Manticore of Darkness’ had, and if I was right, each time I killed it, Beast could just discard or sacrifice another Beast to bring it back to life. I had to end this thing fast or the ‘Manticore’ would overrun me.

Please, I thought as I prepared to draw, gimme what I need to end this duel and prove that I have what it takes to be a Duelist worthy of fighting alongside the Duel Force!

It was just then that there was a flash. An orb of silvery light appeared, forming a silver-colored crystal that hung around my neck. I don’t know how I knew its name, but I knew that my Soul of Mettle had finally arrived. The twelfth and final Duelist’s Soul.

“This is it,” I said to Beast, “the power that I need to defeat you. With the Soul of Mettle’s power, defeating you will be easy!”

I drew, feeling power flow through my fingertips, and looked down at my card. I smiled, “Bingo! Hey Beast. Want to know the power of my deck? The true power of it? It’s the power of ‘Ultimate One Turn Kill’!”

Beast almost growled, “’Ultimate One Turn Kill’?”

“Exactly,” I replied. “The power to kill any powerful opponent in one move. It all begins with the Trap card ‘Hidden Barrel’.” A laser cannon appeared at my side and fired, dealing Beast 600 damage, 200 for every card in his hand, and every card he controlled (7600-600=7000). “Next,” I said, “I play ‘Polymerization’, fusing two mechs, ‘Roboyarou’ and ‘Robolady’, into my favorite monster, the mode changing mech ‘Super Roboyarou’!”

A blue-armored male robotic warrior and a pink-armored female robotic warrior appeared, each carrying a staff in hand. They merged, forming a sterner faced male robotic warrior wearing blue armor with pink bands on his shoulders, carrying a double-ended lance (ATK: 1200).

“Next,” I continued, “I increase my machine’s firepower with two Spells. First ‘Axe of Despair’,” the lance became a large metallic axe (1200+1000=2200), “and then ‘Fusion Weapon’,” The axe grew larger and became metallic red and blue in color (2200+1500=3700).

“Now,” I commanded, “I have my monster attack the ‘Manticore of Darkness’, activating his effect, increasing his Attack by 1000 untill the end of the Damage Step,” Rockets emerged from the mech warrior’s back and he flew forward toward the ‘Manticore’ (3700+1000=4700).

“It doesn’t matter,” said beast. “I’ll survive your attack, and so will my monster, thanks to his effect. All I have to do is draw one of many cards and I’ll be able to shred your monster into junk, and then you’ll be as good as dead!”

“Don’t count on it animal brain,” I said, “because if you haven’t noticed, I still have a card in my hand. Activate, my key card, ‘Limiter Removal’!”

“No!” Beast cried disbelievingly. I think I saw terror in his eyes.

“Yes,” I said. “My monster gains the ultimate advantage. His attack points are doubled for the duration of the turn (4700x2=9400)! Now when he wins, you die!”

‘Super Roboyarou’ raised his weapon and slashed the ‘Manticore’ in half (7000+2300-9400=0). Beast’s ‘Behemoth’ disappeared, and his face went blank as death. He fell over, his soul-less body unable to remain upright.

“Alright,” I said, turning to the remaining members of the Dark Duel Force, “bring on the next one. I’m ready.”

John

“’Red-Eyes’!” I commanded, “Inferno Fire Blast!” The black dragon exhaled sharply, spouting flames that poured over my opponent’s body (7700-2400=5300). He raised his arms to shield his face from the flames. “That won’t be enough to beat me,” said Keeper, his level of concentration rising. Could he have been toying with me? I wondered as he began his turn.

“You have passed my first test, my hidden monster strategy. But the only way to defeat my true strategy will be to attain true balance between your mind, your deck, and your Soul, awakening the sleeping True Soul within.”

“What do you mean ‘True Soul’,” I asked.

“That,” said Keeper, “is something that you must discover on your own, but you can only do so by defeating me, something that is more easily said than done. Now, my true strategy begins with my ‘Protector of the Sanctuary’, and a Zombie monster, Special Summoned by the effect of my ‘Call of the Mummy’, the mighty ‘Immortal Mummy’.”

154661aw2.jpg

A mummy rose up out of the sandstone at Keeper’s feet (DEF: 0), and behind him appeared a giant spectral torso made of patterns of light, wrapping its arms protectively around its master (DEF: 1900).

“Next,” said Keeper, “I activate ‘Card of Sanctity’, which normally allows both of us to draw until we hold six cards each, but because of my ‘Protector’’s effect, you can’t draw cards outside of your Draw Phase.”

“Hold on,” I said, “you mean that you draw six cards, and I’m left with a hand of only two?”

“Exactly,” said Keeper, “but that’s only the beginning. I’m going to lock you down with my ultimate combo, which begins with these three face-down cards.”

“You can’t play a combo if I finish you off first! I summon ‘Giant Orc’ in attack mode (ATK: 2200).”

‘Giant Orc’, a giant goblin carrying a club, appeared at my side, towering above me. “I attack ‘Protector of the Sanctuary’ with my ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’, Inferno Fire Blast!”

“Reveal,” said Keeper, “a card that you should know very well by now, the ‘Ordeal of a Traveler’.”

I sighed, “Yeah, I know all about that card, and the middle card in your hand is a monster.”

“Wrong,” said Keeper, showing the Spell card ‘Cost Down’, “meaning that your ‘Red-Eyes’ returns to your hand.” My dragon was wreathed in red light and disappeared, but my ‘Orc’ remained.

I watched my opponent shuffle the cards in his hand, following his Spell card. Tricks like ‘Ordeal of a Traveler’ may be annoying, but that was it. Such simple tricks don’t work on me for long. Some of my greatest skills are memory and concentration games. Once I had it, I said, “’Giant Orc’, attack his ‘Protector’ now.”

“Not so fast,” said Keeper. “I know that you're good at memory games and visual puzzles, so I was ready with this. Reveal the face-down Spell card ‘Reload’. I shuffle my hand into my deck and draw three more cards. Now you don’t know any of the cards in my hand.”

Wonderful, I thought sarcastically. “The middle card is a Spell,” I said, not even trying to hide my annoyance.

“You,” said Keeper, “would be correct.” He showed me ‘Shifting Shadows’, and my ‘Orc’ rushed my opponent’s field, crushing his monster with his club. “After he attacks,” I said, “’Giant Orc’ becomes exhausted and falls into defense mode.” My ‘Orc’ stumbled over to my side, fell over, and passed out (DEF: 0).

I wasn’t sure what Keeper had in store for me, but if I was right, this definitely wasn’t going to be easy.

SuperRoboyarouLOD-EN-C.jpg

*NOTE* the effect on the card featured here is due to an incorrect translation. the errata is as follows:

You can Special Summon "Super Robolady" by returning this card from the field to the Fusion Deck. You cannot use this effect during the same turn this is Special Summoned. In addition, increase the ATK of this monster by 1000 points during the Damage Step when this monster battles with another monster.

Next Chapter Second Wave; The Messenger of Death

[spoiler=Character Profile #12]

Name: Kristin "Kris"

Deck Type: Mechanical Force

Shadow Item: Soul of Mettle

Favorite Monster: Super Roboyarou/Robolady

Soul Monster: Emes the Infinity

Description: Long light brown hair and light brown almost gray eyes. Kristin is always quiet and introverted, until she duels. She uses machine monsters that can increase their own attack points and then raises their power further through the extensive use of Spell and Trap card effects. She doesn't say it much, but most of what she does she does to help people.

[spoiler=Character Profile #17]

Name: "Beast Ruler"

Deck Type: Raging Beast

Shadow Item: Shadow Necklace (Metal pieces that resemble strung up animal teeth)

Spirit Monster: Behemoth the King of All Animals

Description: Young (about eight years old). Dark hair and fierce eyes. Has a wicked sense of humor. He enjoys seeing others get hurt. His dueling style involves picking at his prey using cards like Scapegoat, Stray Lambs, and Ojama Trio in combination with Token Feastevil, clearing the opponent's field with high attack Beast monsters like Mad Dog of Darkness and Berserk Gorilla, and then finally finishing them off. He sometimes seems like his cruelty might get in the way of his dueling, but he is actually a very skilled strategist.

here is chapter seven, a personal favorite of mine.

[spoiler=Chapter Seven]

Second Wave; The Messenger of Death

Kristin

“The next Duelist that you will face,” said the spiky-haired kid, “will be one of only two known masters of the Occult Style Deck, and one of the most terrifying Duelists I’ve ever met, Ghost Ruler.” As he spoke I noticed Rocky and Tucker picking up Jen’s soul-less body and carrying it off to the side. If Tucker’s here, I thought, taking note, then he, Max, and Karen must have finished coming up with the strategy for his duel. Karen is putting a lot of faith in him. From what I’ve heard, he’s pretty hotheaded. I hope she isn’t overestimating him.

I looked back over at the Dark Duel Force and said, “Bring on your Ghost Ruler.” Spike nodded to the guy in the skull shirt, and he stepped forward. I swallowed hard. I’d been hoping that he meant someone else. That one really scared me. And it didn’t help matters when his bracelet flashed and he seemed to disappear, reappearing again a moment later. A chill ran down my spine. But my sister had given herself to fight these guys. Scared or not, I wouldn’t back down.

“I hope you’re ready for this Ghost,” I said, “because I fight for my sister. I won’t lose, ya hear?” I activated my Duel Disk and said, “Make your first move.”

“By all means,” said Ghost Ruler, pulling the top six cards from his deck. I shuffled my deck and drew my opening hand as well (LP: 8000 (each)).

“I start this duel with the spell card ‘Graceful Charity’, letting me draw three cards and then discard two. To be honest, the discarding part is what I care about most. I discard my ‘Souls of the Forgotten’ and ‘Earthbound Spirit’. Next I place a card face-down and summon the ‘Headless Knight’ in defense mode.”

He summoned a monster, I thought, but I don’t see it. I was puzzled. I looked around, and suddenly, out of a thickening mist emerged a headless man in full armor, carrying a sword. At his sudden appearance I couldn’t help but utter a small scream. I didn’t manage to regain my composure until I heard Ghost Ruler laughing, his monster crouching down, taking up a defensive stance (DEF: 1700).

“W-What monster is that?” I asked. I’d never seen it before.

“It’s a monster that represents a lost soul. Occult Masters like me can summon up lost souls and force them to do our bidding in a Shadow Game.”

I won’t say that I wasn’t freaked out. I was. But I also wasn’t going to let Ghost Ruler keep intimidating me. “Then I’ll face your lost soul with one of my strongest monsters, the ‘Mechanicalchaser’,” A spherical machine with many arms appeared. At the end of each arm was a different weapon (ATK: 1850). “This robotic hunter will cut your knight to ribbons.” ‘Mechanicalchaser’ rushed the ‘Headless Knight’, cutting him up with its many blades. “Next I set two cards face-down and end my turn.” Just try to get past that!

“At the end of your turn,” said Ghost, “I activate my most powerful card, the ‘Ouija Board’,

images%5Cdl3-120.jpg which lets me call forth the ‘Spirit Message “D”’ and the ‘Spirit Message “E”’, as well as one more spirit message each turn, until all messages appear and spell out my final word to you.”

As ghost spoke, a giant Ouija board appeared, floating above his head. From it emerged two ghosts, one carrying a letter D and the other carrying a letter E.

Uh oh, I thought, this can’t be good.

John

“I draw,” Keeper said, “and I start by summoning a second ‘Immortal Mummy’.”

154661er8.jpg a second mummy appeared on Keeper’s field in attack position (ATK: 300). “Next I change my first mummy to attack mode as well (ATK: 300). One of my ‘Mummy’ monsters destroys the ‘Orc’, and the other attacks you directly.” One ‘Mummy’ crushed my ‘Orc’ with his bandages, and the other hit me, nearly knocking me onto my back (6200-300=5900). By the ‘Mummy’’s effect I was forced to choose a card and send it to the Graveyard. I sent my ‘Fusion Sword Murasame Blade’, leaving only ‘Red-Eyes’ in my hand. I was screwed.

Kristin

“My move,” said Ghost. “Because I have no monsters out on the field, I’m going to have to summon some. I start out with a personal favorite, the ‘Dark Necrofear’!” Ghost’s monster, a thin, deathly woman, carrying a mutilated doll, rose up at Ghost’s side (ATK: 2200).

“2200 Attack?” I asked.

“Yep, and she was a Special Summon. Next I summon ‘The Portrait’s Secret’, defense mode.” A portrait of a gentleman appeared, floating in the air. From the portrait emerged a ghastly and grotesque torso and head (DEF: 1500).

“More lost souls?” I asked. Ghost’s only response was a wide, wicked smile.

I huffed, annoyed, “Fine, then I’ll just have to kill them. I summon ‘Robotic Knight’ in attack mode.” A mechanical swordsman appeared, carrying a thin, sharp sword (ATK: 1600). “Next, I equip my ‘Robotic Knight’ with ‘Seven Completed’.” A red seven appeared on the swordsman’s head, and his Attack rose (1600+700=2300).

“Now,” I commanded, making sure to point my monsters in the right direction, “attack and destroy both of his monsters!” ‘Mechanicalchaser’ stabbed one of his blades through the ghost of the portrait and the portrait itself. ‘Robotic Knight’ slashed with his sword so rapidly that the ‘Dark Necrofear’ was reduces to shreds in the blink of an eye. The two monsters died, and Ghost Ruler lost Life Points (8000+2200-2300=7900). I was pretty proud of myself, but Ghost seemed entirely un-phased. Whatever the ‘Ouija Board’ did, it had to be bad for him to still be so confident.

“I end my turn,” I said. Bring it on, ‘Spirit Message’. I can handle whatever you can dish out!

The pointer of the ‘Ouija Board’ moved, pointing to “A”, and another messenger ghost appeared. I tried to figure out what the board was spelling, but I couldn’t.

“My ‘Ouija Board’ effect isn’t the only effect that activates now,” said Ghost. “At the end phase of my turn, the ghost of ‘Dark Necrofear’ rises from the dead to posses one of your monsters.”

“You’ve got to be kidding. Hello, my monsters are machines.”

“That just makes it easier,” Ghost said, chuckling darkly. “A machine has no soul of its own to resist my monster’s hold.” As he spoke, a ghostly visage of the ‘Dark Necrofear’ rose out of the ground and flew into the ‘Robotic Knight’’s chest. His eyes glowed red and he walked over to my opponent’s field, turning on his former ally, ‘Mechanicalchaser’.

“Now,” said Ghost, “I draw, and I sacrifice your ‘Robotic Knight’ for my ‘Puppet Master’,” A ghastly creature with papery brown skin, wearing jester’s attire, appeared above us. Strands of light reached from its fingertips into the ground. “I sacrifice 2000 of my Life Points (7900-2000=5900) to revive two of my dead monsters.” The ground opened up and ‘The Portrait’s Secret’ (ATK: 1200) and ‘Dark Necrofear’ (ATK: 2200) rose up out of the ground, hanging from the strings like lifeless puppets.

“Normally my monsters summoned by ‘Puppet Master’ can’t attack in the turn that they’re summoned, so I activate a Spell card ‘Spirit Spectrum’.”

154661sm0.jpg His monsters were wreathed in a ghostly light.

“My ghost minions, attack!” ‘Dark Necrofear’ vaporized my ‘Chaser’ with a burst of dark energy, and the ghost of the portrait reached its arm out, stretching it toward me, slashing me (8000+1850-2200-1200=6450).

I was in pain. I just couldn’t get over how real these attacks felt. But regardless, I was able to retain a look of confidence. “I draw, and I summon ‘Roboyarou’, and I combine him with the Spell card ‘Tribute Doll’. I sacrifice my ‘Roboyarou’ to Special Summon a level seven monster from my hand, as long as I agree to skip my Battle Phase this turn.”

The blue robotic warrior appeared alongside a small mannequin nailed to a tablet. Both disappeared, and a new monster took its place. It had a snake-like metallic body, topped by a winged robotic torso, all in pale gold armor. Its torso had four arms, one carrying a sword, one carrying a staff, one carrying a shield, and one empty hand (ATK: 2500).

“With the effect of my ‘Doll’, I summon my strongest monster, the form of my very Soul, ‘Emes the Infinity’! Next I activate the Spell card ‘Electromagnetic Burst’.”

154661ec6.jpg ‘Emes’ raised his open hand, and electricity burst from it, vaporizing the ‘Puppet Master’. As he vanished, the strings connecting him to the two monsters vanished as well.

“When your ‘Puppet Master’ dies, his magic dies with him, and the monsters he brought back die as well. And because ‘Necrofear’ was sent back to the Graveyard by your effect, not mine, her ghost won’t return to posses my monster.”

“You’re pretty smart little girl,” said Ghost, his monsters fading into the mist, “but you’re already too late. Your turn ends, and a fourth messenger appears, leaving only one more.”

The pointer of the ‘Ouija Board’ moved, pointing at the “T”. D-E-A-T, I thought. What could the messengers be spelling? What could the last letter be?

“For my turn,” Ghost said, “I activate the ‘Cheerful Coffin’, discarding ‘Skull Knight #2’ from my hand, combining it with the Spell card ‘The Shallow Grave’, letting each of us return a monster in our Graveyard to the field in defense mode. I choose ‘Skull Knight #2’.”

“I choose my ‘Mechanicalchaser’.”

Beside Ghost, out of the ground, rose a coffin. It opened and a demon knight in skeletal armor appeared. Beside me the broken pieces of the decimated ‘Mechanicalchaser’ rose up, coming together, restoring my machine to its undamaged form (DEF: 800).

“Now,” said Ghost, “I sacrifice my ‘Knight’ to summon ‘Earl of Demise’.” The ‘Knight’ disappeared, and a ghostly corpse of a gentlemanly swordsman appeared in its place (DEF: 1000).

What’s he waiting for? He’s just defending.

“And because ‘Skull Knight #2’ was sacrificed for a Fiend-type monster, I can summon another ‘Skull Knight’ from my deck.” A new ‘Knight’ appeared (DEF: 1000).

More defense? Fine, if he wants to put up walls, I’ll tear them down! As I wondered, Ghost ended his turn with a set card.

“I’ll finish you this turn,” I said. “I summon one of my most powerful cards, ‘Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast’. It starts as a level seven monster with 2800 Attack, but by activating mode two, I can summon it with half the power, but no tributes.” A dragon with a body like a tank and two shoulder mounted cannons appeared. Its neck and tail retracted into it’s body, and its shoulder cannons folded back behind its armor, leaving two cannons on its head as the only weapons available to it (ATK: 1400).

“I follow up with ‘Monster Reborn’, reviving my ‘Roboyarou’, giving me four monsters.” The blue metallic warrior appeared again at my side (ATK: 950). “Now I attack your ‘Earl of Demise’ with my ‘Roboyarou’, Metal Spear Bash!”

‘Roboyarou’ pointed his spear and rushed the opponent’s monster. Ghost didn’t even seem like he was confused with my move. ‘Roboyarou didn’t stand a chance of getting through the ‘Earl’’s defenses on his own. Does that mean he guessed my move? I wondered. Oh well, I thought, smiling, Its not like there’s anything he can do.

“Activate, my trump card, ‘Limiter Removal’, doubling the Attack of all of my monsters.” ‘Roboyarou’’s attack rose (1900) just as he slashed, reducing the ‘Earl’ to wisps of smoke. “Next I kill the ‘Skull Knight’ with ‘Fusilier Dragon’.” The ‘Skull Knight’ tried to deflect my monsters beam attack, but it was no use. He was easily destroyed.

“Now finally,” I commanded, “I attack with ‘Mechanicalchaser’ and ‘Emes the Infinity’ (Total ATK: 8700).” The two monsters raised their blades and moved to strike the still confident and un-phased Ghost Ruler, only to have their paths blocked by two living forms of black fire. “Reveal,” Ghost declared, “the Spell card ‘Fires of Doomsday’, absorbing your last two attacks.

“Now your turn ends, and your monsters are all destroyed.” My machines became pixals. “But that’s not the best of it. This turn, my ‘Ouija Board’ finally reveals its final message. Soon you will know why I’m called The Messenger of Death!”

And it finally hit me as the pointer moved toward its goal, Ghost Rulers face twisting into a terrifying image of sick excitement as he saw the sudden realization and fear in my eyes. I watched in horror as the pointer settled into place. “This is it,” said Ghost as the final messenger appeared. “The ‘Ouija Board’ has spelled out your ‘DEATH’!”

The last thing I remember is the ‘Ouija Board’ releasing a wave of hungry ghosts, and the horrendous, cackling laugh of my executioner.

EmestheInfinityDBT-EN-SR.jpg

Next Chapter Third Wave; Rocky and Kimi vs. Ghost Ruler

Archived