Vampires

Akira

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....*sigh* don't even get me started. "To fully know a vampire' date=' you must know one first"

Vampires don't look anything like that. They are pale, but not completely white. They have fangs, but not so long or sharp, they are just very small, some vampires don't even have fangs. They like wearing black clothing, but they aren't gothic looking at all. They have rings of black around their eyes and thats what makes them different then humans though. Their eyes are full of pain, and if you comare them to human eyes, they are excteremly different.

Vampire look EXACTLY like humans. They are NORMAL beings. They just are a bit more pail, have sharper teeth, and like I said, their eyes are the main difference between humans. None of those pictures are at all like vampires.

I'm sorry, but I get fairly annoyed about things like this. "To understand a vampire, you have to know one first"

The Crimson One,

Miranda-chan

[/quote']

Vampires are mythological creatures. There are real life conditions, such as certain disorders of the skin like albinism, that are believed to have been the root of Vampire stories.

Also, Vlad the Implaer of Rumania is the origin of Dracula. Dracula was a title bestowed upon him meaning Son of Dragon (Dracul-a) He was terribly cruel, so people thought that he was the devil. There were also other facts about him that likely grew into modern Dracula stories, but I can't remember them offhand. For the best Dracula story ever, read "The Historian." It's fabulous. It takes place in modern times, but ends up leading back to more classical interpretations of Vampires. I'll emphasize again, it's a great read, if a little bit long.

However, my favorite approach to Vampirism is probably closest to the work of Amelia Atwater Rhodes. (In the Forests of Night, Demon in My View, Shattered Mirror, etc.) It associates Vampirism with the modern-day nightlife, more than anything. Her stories are short, but pretty good. (Also worth noting is her Kiasha'ra series, which is about shapeshifters.)

*shrugs* Actually I think nowadays there is a little bit more evidence to hint to his existence.

But in any case' date=' believing in vampires may have begun the same way some people believe in ghosts, as a sign there's still something for them in the afterlife

[/quote']

There is no physical evidence of the existence of God, nor is it likely there will ever be. The very concept of God defies the way we construct our world. Nothing at all can be proved except your own existence. Nothing. All the other "facts" in life are reached logically, but logic itself is an artificial construct. According to the rules of logic that we have created, you cannot use the impossibility of the task of proving something false as evidence of its truth. Therefore, the fact that I cannot disprove God lends nothing to the opposing case that he does exist.

However, when it comes down to it, it is no more or less likely that God exists than it is that your mother is female, or that you were born (insert date of birth here) and not yesterday.

Well....*sigh* don't even get me started. "To fully know a vampire' date=' you must know one first"

Vampires don't look anything like that. They are pale, but not completely white. They have fangs, but not so long or sharp, they are just very small, some vampires don't even have fangs. They like wearing black clothing, but they aren't gothic looking at all. They have rings of black around their eyes and thats what makes them different then humans though. Their eyes are full of pain, and if you comare them to human eyes, they are excteremly different.

Vampire look EXACTLY like humans. They are NORMAL beings. They just are a bit more pail, have sharper teeth, and like I said, their eyes are the main difference between humans. None of those pictures are at all like vampires.

I'm sorry, but I get fairly annoyed about things like this. understand a vampire, you have to know one first"

The Crimson One,

Miranda-chan

[/quote']

their eyes are simalar to cat eyes than humans true but vampires do live to be immortal or in some about 1000 year they are remarkably oldr n their smarter and the are fastr strongr n more durrable so if u believe twilight y dont u mention these contributions they have a remarkable input on the whole movie but they burst into flames wen their in the sun n not have marble skin

also u say

"to understand a vampire, u have to no one first"
and u probably dont so y r u so attatched to somin u dont even do or do u no a vampire?

I'm sorry, but I get fairly annoyed about things like this. "To understand a vampire, you have to know one first"

The Crimson One,

Miranda-chan

[/quote']

Vampires are mythological creatures. There are real life conditions, such as certain disorders of the skin like albinism, that are believed to have been the root of Vampire stories.

Also, Vlad the Implaer of Rumania is the origin of Dracula. Dracula was a title bestowed upon him meaning Son of Dragon (Dracul-a) He was terribly cruel, so people thought that he was the devil. There were also other facts about him that likely grew into modern Dracula stories, but I can't remember them offhand. For the best Dracula story ever, read "The Historian." It's fabulous. It takes place in modern times, but ends up leading back to more classical interpretations of Vampires. I'll emphasize again, it's a great read, if a little bit long.

However, my favorite approach to Vampirism is probably closest to the work of Amelia Atwater Rhodes. (In the Forests of Night, Demon in My View, Shattered Mirror, etc.) It associates Vampirism with the modern-day nightlife, more than anything. Her stories are short, but pretty good. (Also worth noting is her Kiasha'ra series, which is about shapeshifters.)

*shrugs* Actually I think nowadays there is a little bit more evidence to hint to his existence.

But in any case' date=' believing in vampires may have begun the same way some people believe in ghosts, as a sign there's still something for them in the afterlife

[/quote']

There is no physical evidence of the existence of God, nor is it likely there will ever be. The very concept of God defies the way we construct our world. Nothing at all can be proved except your own existence. Nothing. All the other "facts" in life are reached logically, but logic itself is an artificial construct. According to the rules of logic that we have created, you cannot use the impossibility of the task of proving something false as evidence of its truth. Therefore, the fact that I cannot disprove God lends nothing to the opposing case that he does exist.

However, when it comes down to it, it is no more or less likely that God exists than it is that your mother is female, or that you were born (insert date of birth here) and not yesterday.

Just because we don't have proof that he is real doesn't mean he doesn't exist. The impossible is always possible (doesn't really make sense at first). Even if God isn't real, it doesn't mean you can't either believe it or try to get proof. At least do one of these two (goes with anything).

Archived