Vampires

Akira

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really....

I find it really weird to know the truth about vampires and then people make sudden gueses of how they wil be like. None of those stories are true' date=' Vampires don't turn into bats.

Please. Listen to me for once in this YCM forum. Vampires are real. End of story.

The Crimson One,

Miranda-chan

[/quote']

This sort of reminds me about a discussion about God. People can say they know, that they believe, or even that they have seen it for themselves, but unless you can provide this proof to others, there is no reason for them to believe you. I will admit that I fall for superstitions a lot, but it's only natural human nature to do such things. I, however, realize in my rational mind that what I am looking at could be wrong. Kind of like ghosts. When the lights turned on and off in the house, my mother thought it was a ghost. But I knew that it was just the wiring that was messing up.

Anyway, I have a friend who believes they're vampire. I just go along with it because I don't want to hurt their feelings by saying I don't believe in them.

Once again, everyone (other than Slayer) is ignoring the fact that Vampires, in the sense that Miranda-Chan conveys, most probably do not exist.

Stop telling us to trust us, and give us some hard evidence. You say you have personal experience? That does us no good, only you.

Personally, I think you're either delusional, or a liar. However, if you were to actually provide evidence contrary to my position, I would be willing to reconsider my stance.

you see Fire Haze' date=' the reality of the matter is that until something proves otherwise (and most likely you'd have to do this many times over), the human mind in inexorably stupid and cannot accept their existence

[/quote']

Actually, I believe right now it is yours and Fire Haze's side that is proving the stupidity of the human mind.

Unless you consider logic to be stupid, but then you're too far lost for me to even care.

Firstly, Vampires do not exist.

On the other Vampyres, do exist.

Vampyres break down into two differ types: Sanguinarian and Psi.

Sanguinarian Vampyres: SanguinarianDerives from the Latin word "Sanguinarius" which means "bloodthirsty." These types just naturally feel a strong craving for a blood substance. They feel they will get slightly weaker if they don't drink periodically. They also expect to get weaker immune system, have less energy, develop depression and become sick. About a tablespoon is need to stratify them. Sanguinarian Vampyre will normally acquire this blood from Donors, Friends and such.

Psi Vampyres

Won't go into too much details on these. Basically they are Vampyres that crave and are able to draw out life force (a.k.a. chi or spiritual energy) from someone, without draining blood. This can be done by eye contact, touch, sexual intercourse, intense conversation and dreams and something drinking on their blood.. Thus this type is more of a spiritual type. It has been noted that they can also draw out energy from natural forms, Storms, Earthquakes and such.

Different between Vampires and Vampyres

Sanguinarian vampyres will eat regular food.

Some Sanguinarian vampyres will drink animal blood. Often from Cattle, for health reasons.

All Vampyres consume ordinary food and drink as part of their main diet, blood is just a drink really.

They don't necessarily have any special powers. Like inhuman strength, agility or sight.

Vampyres do not change form shift into werewolves, bats or other animals.

They can experience sunlight without any drastic side effects.

They are not immortal, or age slower.

They don't usually sleep in coffins.

They are not frightened by any form of cross and garlic does not repulse them.

They cast shadows and give reflections.

They don't turn other people in to Vampyres, well really they can't. The craving for blood is a nature feeling, it's hard to force it on to someone.

They can enter people's house, even if they don't have permission and can cross running water.. Tho breaking and entering is still a crime. ;)

They do not suffer a high mortality rate due to attacks from Vampire slayers or Hellsing.

Disclaimer, all my information is from research of books I have. Vampyre is open to all form of interpretation and therefore is not strictly to what I have said.

Lastly, number 3 is a stereotypical Vampire.

^ :) I would like to hear the names of a few of these books you're speaking of. Also, the Y is simply an alternative spelling of the same word. You cannot successfully argue that Vampires do not exist but Vampyres do any more than you can argue that tires do not exist, but tyres do. (And yes, tire used to be spelled that way in certain english-speaking parts of the world.)

@Slayer: I'm not ruling out the possibility, I'm simply stating that I have seen no evidence supporting their existence, and plenty of evidence that can explain away the source of the mythos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a creature called the qwertyuiop of asdfghjkl-land. It looks like a cross between a penguin, a dragon, and broccoli. It's hide is mostly green, black, white, and purple, but there are little pink, cyan, yellow, and orange dots everywhere on it.

I'm telling you, it's true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you believe that such a creature exists? Of course not. You have nothing to go on bu my word, and I could be lying, hallucinating, joking, or even simply mistaken. You'd want proof of such an assertion before you even began to consider it a realistic possibility.

Why, then, should anyone (who has not directly experienced interaction with them, or at least thinks they have) believe in Vampires? I certainly don't.

I'm serious that I would be perfectly willing to reconsider my position if I came across enough good evidence for their existence in order for it to be logical to believe in such a phenomenon. If you can provide some of that evidence, great. Just keep in mind that personal experience doesn't mean a thing to me. There are phenomena like sleep-paralysis that can pretty easily explain away the value of any personal perception. (Though of course, everything in this world is subjective. There is no way for a human to know an objective truth. I'm just talking about subjective vs. objective in the experimental sense. Don't let your opinions and emotions get in the way of your logic.)

^ :) I would like to hear the names of a few of these books you're speaking of. Also' date=' the Y is simply an alternative spelling of the same word. You cannot successfully argue that Vampires do not exist but Vampyres do any more than you can argue that tires do not exist, but tyres do. (And yes, tire used to be spelled that way in certain english-speaking parts of the world.)

[/quote']

If you want books. Then just look up any odd monster definition books.

To be honest, best bet to do is look around on the web. Sadly they aren't many "factual" books for Vamps. =p

I do see your point.

The Y may be a different spelling to you, but with how I understand them, I see both words relating to two different things. ^^;

Vampires are the things you see in black and white horror movies, that can turn into bats, have slick back hair, flowing cape, the works really.

Vampyre are people with a craving for blood and don't have any inhuman ability like vampires.

I know that vampyre is a alternated spelling of vampire, but doesn't mean it can't have a different meaning. :P

Causing of the meaning I can say one most lily doesn't exist whilst the other one does. They are just words used as labels. ^^

Vampyre is just the old spelling. He's just using the distinction in spelling to distinguish between his view of Vampires and the classic horror-movie style. Though I will point out that the modern sense of Vampire (for this sense, Edward from Twilight, Risika from In the Forests of Night, Aubrey from Demon in My View and Shattered Mirror, etc.) is actually much closer to his idea of a Vampyre than it is the the old horror-movie ideas. And because Vampyre is the old spelling, and horror-movie vampires are a thing of the past, it would really make much more sense to flip around the definitions and spellings he made up.

Also yes, there are screwed up people that go drinking each others blood, but it's just a cultural thing. They're not biologically any different than other people, if they're pale it's probably either of their own doing or simply do to the part of the world they are from, and they don' actually have an instinctual craving for human blood. They're just trying to act "different."

And there are a few theories on pregnant women having a craving for blood to satisfy deficiencies in either iron or hemoglobin. But I don't think that they're considered particularly meritorious by the scientific community.

oh I see. When I first read up on vampires, I don't think it was even said they needed to drink blood.

Nowadays the modern films still can't even agree on the concept: if they need the blood to survive, or if they just need it to keep up their strength.

As for your point of physically appearing difference, that's merely due to lack of sunlight, but it never really said anything about vampires being vulnerable to sunlight, that's again more film makers manipulation in order to fool the audience

oh I see. When I first read up on vampires' date=' I don't think it was even said they needed to drink blood.

Nowadays the modern films still can't even agree on the concept: if they need the blood to survive, or if they just need it to keep up their strength.

As for your point of physically appearing difference, that's merely due to lack of sunlight, but it never really said anything about vampires being vulnerable to sunlight, that's again more film makers manipulation in order to fool the audience

[/quote']

I guess it depends on your definition of 'vulnerable.' The idea of dieing when exposed to the sun isn't really used anymore. The last movie that utilized traditional vampire characteristics like this was Helsing. In Twilight, they just shine weirdly in the light, though that seemed really odd to me. Since then, the interpretation of the Vampire has been a toned down a lot. Vampires aren't considered monster, they're just humans except different. Some people say they're dead, some people don't. Some people say that they've got certain abilities (hypnosis or what-have-you), and some say that they're only superstrong, or just normal.

But again, Vampires aren't really evil-looking creatures who you can spot immediately and that will kill everyone in sight and capture/kill the beautiful girl, at least not anymore.

And film-makers aren't trying to "deceive" us, they're simply putting their own creative interpretation of a mythological being to use in their movie. I don't see you complaining that Buckbeak was the wrong color, or that Sapphira has too long of a neck.

not to mention film-makers nowadays decided that vampire killing at night time requires something other than sunlight. Before the usage of silver bullets/stakes and garlic powder bombs, they simply decided to go with setting vampires on fire and substitute for the sun's ultraviolet light (btw I never even seen Twlight yet)

And you're right, because of how similar a vampire's physical appearance is to a human being, today they are becoming less and less stressed as "raging monsters", not to say that's not true in some cases.

Besides, raging monsters would have no comprehension of anything except kill for both their own amusement and survival, but even today's vampire movies clearly show a level of hierachy for the vampire people

Archived