Yu-Gi-Oh! The Created Card Game (Updated rules, please read 1st post)

AKC

AKC, I have a question: I have a few archetypes in Written Cards archetype that may or may not be a blast to use, but none of them have pictures. The thing is, I do not want to join your club, but may I just post one of my archetypes here so that this group can test them out? Or do I need to join or do something in order to submit my archetypes? You can either write the answers here or PM me, AKC.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are looking to submit cards for the CCG then you will have to join as a card creator. Your involvement with the CCG doesn't have to be anything major as I said in my initial post I'm not going to force people to do other tasks if they don't want to. If someone just wants to join so they can duel with created cards that's fine with me but if you want your cards in the CCG then you have to join up as a card creator. However, I also mentioned that submitting themed cards won't be allowed for the first set or two because we need to establish a broad card pool first before we start seeing themed cards.

In this system there will be special round where we will select few cards from people that are not in team but they submitted cards in some special thread with notice that we can use them in our game. Notice that only few cards (example : they submit 200 cards and we select 5) will succeed in that. If your card is best of them , it will go in game , erm , to testing phase first.

Even if you are card creator in team not all of your cards will be submitted, but only cards that got most votes from other people in team. (right now 30% of cards that got most votes from each card creator will go to next round..creator can submit 50 cards max..then team choose 30% of cards he submitted). So that is how we will avoid crap cards and also make we all compete. After that first round , team will cards (ones that survived first round) and any card that is broken from them will be thrown out.

There is lot of other rules and they are all in development right now and point in them is to have nice playable game.

If you just love to submit cards , you can just do it in Yugioh Card Maker Forums..but if you want they go in game u will need to work more on them and try to be better then other card creators so that they go in.

yes the above post is correct we all must work hard to make this work properly...

i am really going to be really focused on helping to make this work..

but we cant have 100s of cards with ridiculously super long effects yea some cards will require a long effect but not almost every card because then the testing phase will be us reading every car(of course the first few will require that anyway but if they are really long we will have to do it nearly every duel) and people will be tired of trying to finish a duel while reading every card and people will get fed up with it and probably give up on it..

also i have a few questions..

have we decided on using old cards or are we going to create our own versions of(heavy storm,negate attack,sangan) things like that..?? if it isn't decided any idea when you will decide on it..??

are we going to use normal&ritual monsters they aren't used much nowadays except maybe for a few normal beatsticks..??

are we going to set up our own channel on yvd so we can talk/request duels and that ..??

There is our channel on irc.scrollrack.com , name is #ccg , only 1 member from here till now made to get in ^^.

About dueling...me and AKC was already in 1 team where card sets was made for dueling and there is few people that are still making them. Believe me it is not problem to read your opponents cards once u used to it. It is same when new booster come to Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG and you need to read cards that are in booster.

Problem with that game was too much cards submitter per set , around 250-400 cards per set , while in team there was around 8 people and only few was testing them. Which is wrong approach obviously. There is currently more then 4700 cards there. That is why i started this and AKC accepted my idea same as other members from that team.

Anyway , you all will be informed with any rules and you will all have right to comment them and change them. I think this days they should be completed. I am currently more focused on making program for making yvd sets , working last 3 days on it.

I apologize for grammar errors , AKC dont have time to fix them all . ^^

There was people..how not? Also you cant expect that we all there all the time and always ready to duel or talk. :)

It is also stuff we was not inviting there anyway for now' date=' not until all rules are set and all is clear. We cant duel when there are no cards made yet.

For TCG there are set images that contain all images for all cards. On link u downloaded i guess there are no all images because creator of that set didn't make them all.

[/quote']

I noticed last night that the only set that didnt show was crossroads of chaos and thats the newest one so its okay. Secondly i actually got someone else in, Jabberwock.

So two people have made it over.

lol, it's "volunteer."

Anyways, all people who are signing up are in. There is no rejection policy on new members. However, please refrain from posting any card submissions until either myself or one of the core members have made a post regarding rules and card submissions.

I'm looking for more feedback regarding porting cards over from the TCG/OCG.

I will add to my current role as a Balancer and become a Creator aswell... if I can be both. If only 1 I will stay as Balancer.

At start , when anyone joins , he will probably need to show what he knows in some part of job. It might happen we will not go that way though.

For example if he want be card creator, balancer and reworder he will need to show few cards that he made , balance few cards and reword few cards.

So be prepared for that! :D I already see that everyone will want to be card creators and that will be really hard to handle because of already mentioned problem with too many cards.

So i think it is best for all that we all do what we know best and things we dont know that we leave to people that are good in them. :)

I just want to say that the rules and guidelines for the entire CCG process should be up within the next day or so and we should hopefully be entering the submission stages for set 1 real soon. When the rules and guidelines are posted up I expect everyone to read them over carefully and ask any questions.

I still haven't received any feedback regarding the issue of whether we should port over TCG/OCG staple cards such as heavy storm or should we make our own variants. Right now I've been discussing this with Nightmarian and we're on the opposite ends of the spectrum regarding the issue so we need the feedback from you people to help determine how we will handle this.

I think some cards should be brought over. Though some cards if brought over MUST be changed. The biggest example i can think of is D.A.D. However. I can understand us making our own cards with literally copy paste effects of another card. For example.

Heavy Storm.

Destory all spell and trap cards on the field.

Mass Upheaveal

Destroy all Spell and Trap cards on the field.

So the difference would be pics and name.

So it really depends on how enthusiastic the card creators are.

there will be good and bad about using/not using real cards

Like if we do use them people will use old cards that have kinda messed up the real metagame and it will just be like the old game but that they have released a new set or something..

but if we don't use them people will just create versions of them cards and it will be same old story different card name etc

the big question here is are we creating our own new game or just playing the old game but introducing new cards..??

I just want to be clear that when I refer to staple cards I'm only referring to basic ones like Monster Reborn, Call of the Haunted, Premature Burial, Heavy Storm, Reinforcement of the Army, Book of the Moon, Mirror Force, Solemn Judgment, etc... to name a few. Basically, cards that have always been run in any deck. I don't think we'll port over any monster cards to the CCG though there may be some exceptions to this depending on the feedback we recieve. However, we will NOT except anything that remotely resembles DAD or JD as that already goes against the rule regarding cheap M/S/T removal cards. Personally, I'd rather just use some basic cards from the TCG/OCG because I don't see what's the point in messing with a good thing already. I don't care if we rename the cards and give them a different image (some of them could use a facelift) but changing the effects seems completely un-necessary since those cards are good as is and do not need tampering if they hit the limited/semi-limited list accordingly. Obviosuly, I'm not expecting that we port over the entire Spell and Trap lineup to the CCG but only key spells/traps. At the very least we will need to port over Polymerization for fusion summoning.

Yes..we will have staple cards from start because of some problems that would occur...so this are versions that i made , better means that card is more balanced...it is just example we need to discuss all together about them and agree...anyone can post their examples here..this is also not full staple list so if u anyone thinks that something else is neccesary please post it here.

limited (heavy storm)

Massive Hurricane

Normal Spell

Destroy all face-down Spells and Traps on field.

-more balanced heavy..this is how heavy should look like in first place...to not ruin all opp strategy..but to stop opp from placing tons of fds..

at 3 or semi-limited (mystical space typhoon)

Judgment Bolt

Quick Spell

Destroy 1 face-up Spell or Trap on field.

-stall killer..there where Magnetic Storm scks , this comes to help..

(Dust tornado)

Backrow Assault

Normal Trap

Destroy 1 face down Spell or Trap on field. - maybe add some effect here

-obv needed

-limited(mirror force)

Infernal Force

Normal Trap

You can activate this card when your opponent monster attacks by paying Life Points equal to number of monsters on your opponents side of the field * 300. Destroy all opponents attack position monsters.

-more balanced mirror...

-limited ( torrential tribute)

Gaia Collapse

Normal Trap

When your opponent Summon monster you can activate this card. Destroy all monsters on field.

-well in this version u cannot sacrifice your own monster to do it..so opponent can be careful and not summon anything..

-foolish burial

White Tunnel

Normal Spell

Send 1 monster from your Deck to Graveyard. During this TurnEnd Phase remove all face-up monsters on your side of thefield from play that have same as monster sent to graveyard with this card effect.

-slower Foolish..if you ss that monster from gy in this turn then it gets removed from play..i know it doesnt help much but each card must be different from TCG ones

(polymerization that is usefull)

Advanced Polymerization

Group: Spell Card

Type: Spell

Send Fusion Material Monsters that are listed by a Fusion Monster Card from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, and Special Summon the Fusion Monster from your

Fusion Deck. After that draw 1 card.

-makes normal Fusion Summon more useful comparing to Synchro speed...obv in current meta almost neither deck use Polymerization but Fusion Summons are made with some other cards that rfg materials from gy or even dont need any spell card etc...so now player will not lose 3 cards for 1 but he will lose 3 cards for 1 and then get 1 draw..so he is at -1 total which is more competetive to Synchros..

limited (monster reborn,call of haunted,premature)

Dimensional Resurrection

Continous Trap

Pay 800 Life Points. Special Summon 1 monster from any Players Graveyard and equip it with this card. If monster equipped with this card is removed from field , this card is destroyed. If this card is removed from the field , monster that was equipped with this card is removed from play.

- worse combination of Call of Haunted , Premature Burial and Monster Reborn i could think of..:)

Also you can ss opponent monster and if this card is removed from field that monster would be removed from play..

semi-limited - or maybe even not that(morphing jar,but not really)

Greed Jar

Earth Rock Lv2 800/1000

FLIP : Both Players discard all cards in their Hand and then draw same amount.

-Card Destruction actually in form of monster..

-limited ( Breaker)

Destiny Owl

Winged Beast Wind Lv4 1700/1200

When this card is Normal Summoned you can discard 1 card to destroy 1 Spell or Trap on field.

-WIND and Winged Beast so is not DARK and spellcaster ..i mean we dont know how will DARK and Spellcasters look in our CCG but creators really love to make DARK monsters and Spellcasters also ^^...and it is more logical that WIND and Winged Beasts destroy opponents S/T...this is so much balanced version of Breaker it could be even at 2...

(Solemn Judgment)

Solomons Justice

Counter Trap

Pay half of your Life Points. Negate activation and effect of card effect that was activated on field and destroy it.

-doesnt negate Summon so opponent can be more careful..will he activate optional effects of his monsters or not..like Snipe for example..

(Dark BribE)

Devil Bribe

Counter Trap

Negate activation and effect of Spell or Trap card and destroy it. Then your opponent can draw 1 card or place card destroyed with this card effect at top of his Deck.

-more balanced then Dark Bribe because if opponent strategy is around some spell and trap he will not lose it forever if he really needs it..so this card is more fair...

Anyway there are some wording errors but please ignore them , i made this card really quick and i am not good in wording part anyway . Comments please ^^

Archived