Yu-Gi-Oh! The Created Card Game (Updated rules, please read 1st post)

AKC

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand the whole thing. Would someone please PM me with a simplified explanation of what will happen. I am the kind of person that cannot read large amounts of text, it overwhelms me, so could soemone heavily invloved in the project please PM me a simplified version of how it works.

Now don't get me wrong, I am still very skilled at card balancing/creating.

I think there u guys made mistake because of 1 thing..there was written in Server : Type irc.scrollrack.net

...it is not irc.scrollrack.net but it is irc.scrollrack.com

-.-

Sorry guys...

That is only possible thing where u could mistake..anyway i will write it again now and i will color with red changes.

IRC HELP

You can join us on irc.scrollrack.net, room #ccg.

Tutorial for connecting on IRC server using MIRC

1. Download MIRC from here http://www.mirc.com

2. Run the installer of MIRC once it’s finished downloading. Follow it’s on screen steps to get it installed.

3. Run the executable file labeled mirc.exe. NOTE: Registration is not necessary, even after the 30 days. There will be a button that you can click to proceed with MIRC.

4. Click on FILE and then click on SELECT SERVER

5. You will notice then ADD button . Click on that.

Here is what will appear and what you should fill in:

• Description: it doesnt matter but write CCG

• IRC Server: irc.scrollrack.com (type that without any empty spaces)

• Port: 6667

• Groups: Leave this field blank

• Password: Leave this field blank

6. Click on add, then click on OK

7. Click on FILE->SELECT SERVER

8. Chose a server (profile) you made ( in our case is CCG )

9. Double click on the profile

10. Write a nickname then click on connect

11. When you are connected you can register your nickname but it is not necessary if you don’t want to join rooms like #yvd.

12. Type /join #ccg then press ENTER and you’re in

if you want to register you can do this :

To register your nickname type in /msg nickserv register .(without <>) You will get a confirmation e-mail sent to you. Follow the instructions of the e-mail and your nick will be registered.

Here’s a simplified explanation of the process:

I post a thread saying everyone can post their cards for set “X”

Each card creator will post up to 50 cards.

Then the card balancers will look at the cards and toss out any cards that are broken or that break one of the rules. The card creator who made those cards will then get a chance to create new cards to edit or replace the tossed out cards.

I’ll skip the theme phase for now since it won’t be applicable to this set.

Each person who joined the CCG will now have to look at all the cards that each person submitted. Of the cards each person submitted you vote for 30% of their cards that you want to see in the CCG set.

Once we have everyone’s votes we’ll go through the process of which cards move on. Once we have the cards that are moving on, the card re-worders will go through the cards and make any corrections to the wording. Then the people who signed up for converting cards will convert the submissions into YVD format. I will then distribute the YVD set file to everyone.

If anyone wants to duel with the cards you will need to install YVD and join the IRC channel so you can arrange duels with other people. You don't have to use IRC to do that but it's a lot easier if you use it. People who have signed up for testing will need to be more thorough when dueling because they need to look out for broken cards and broken combos. Any cards that are broken will need to be edited to fix whatever is broken or they hit the forbidden list.

Once all of that is done we will have a final YVD set for set 1 and then we repeat the process for future sets.

Ok, I understand now, but there's a small problem. When I try to add the new Server thing on mIRC it says that the server doesn't exist. I have done exactly as it is stated in the post. And wouldn't it be easier if we just create a new forum for this, on one of the 100's of free hosting sites out there? Sorry, I didn't read the previous page.

thanks i am register with the group now and all...

when will the thread for creating be posted...

We are working out the last minute details regarding the set thread but it's should be coming down in the next day or 2 hopefully. I'm still hoping that the people who joined at the beginning are still interested.

^Nice! Anyways, I'll add to my current position as Balancer and become Creator as well.

EDIT: Do we have to submit as a player as well? If we do, I am now also a Player. And 1 more thing. When Nightmarian or someone else posts these Card Submission threads, wheer we post to get our cards into the set, in which forum will the thraed be posted?

@AKC: Why shouldn't we be interested?

I see i need to post this again. Join people , there is not much time left before it is closed.

We started competition, so we was thinking why we wouldn't use it for seeing how good card creators and others are that have signed up.

So we expect that everyone join this competition :

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-91818-post-1536828.html#pid1536828

We will see there who are best creators/wording medics/etc. between people that signed and you can also earn some good points at same time if you will be in top 3!

With normal judging (that means total score that earns prize and doesn't have nothing with this part) we will look how good you scored in part in which you want to work. Then we will compare that score with others people (ones that also want to do that part of job) scores for same part and make a list. That doesn't have nothing with that competition but it have with our CCG. So we will not look at your total score for this CCG thing but total score can earn you prizes there like in any other competition obviously.

Also don't worry if you will not have good score in part you want to work.

There will be other chances too. But why not use this one?

Point in this is that we want to see how good u guys are so that we adjust system and rules to that. :)

Anyway , good luck.

Archived