Legendary Cardmakers 2009 - Where Legends Gather

Huntar!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it looks more like a combo. destroy an attack position monster and inflict Battle damage, then change them to defense position and inflict effect damage. the chances are ur opponent won't change their weaker monsters to attack position again unless they can get rid of this card. seems like ur opponent will have to suffer some damage anyway if they they have monster in atk position while this card is still on the field.

i am cool with the effect.

43114to0.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned. During your Battle Phase' date=' you can remove 1 face-up monster you control from play to decrease the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls by the difference between the ATK of this card and the ATK of the monster with the highest ATK your opponent controls. Once per turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to change the battle position of all face-up monsters your opponent controls and inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each Defense Position monster they control.

opinions?

[/quote']

Effect is a little random and a little uncompetitive.

Oligarchy? Strange choice for a name.

Alright' date=' I've been a bit scatter brained lately on this thread so if you were waiting for Hunter to answer or do something, let me know again.

[/quote']

No... Chevalier didn't remember (I guess XD)

No one mentioned anything to me.

Chevalier, you volunteered. I'll quote you if I need to.

Thanks Icy, GD, Null, and everyone else. I'll post that once I do some editing to the effect and card. You are a great help.

Crimsonwolf, I might look later.

God Duelist, the card never says "battle phase", anywhere. I capitalized it correctly. You might be mistaken by "battle position", but that is correct. Only "Attack Position" and "Defense Position" are cap'd. I learned that through lots of practice. Its one of my rules with OCG. ;)

another new card.

43114ix8.jpg

You can Special Summon this card from your hand by sending 2 face-up Equip Cards you control to the Graveyard. During your Draw Phase instead of drawing normally, you can add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand. When this card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can treat this card as an Equip Spell Card and equip it to another face-up monster you control. The equipped monster gains 600 ATK for each Level 8 or higher DARK monster in your Graveyard.

The blur is supposed, I think. He wouldn't use it if he wouldn't want it...

ou can Special Summon this card from your hand by sending 2 face-up Equip Cards you control to the Graveyard. During your Draw Phase instead of drawing normally, you can add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand. If this card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can treat this card as an Equip Spell Card and equip it to another face-up monster you control. The equipped monster gains 600 ATK for each Level 8 or higher DARK monster in your Graveyard.

Fixed, but it's kinda messy... =/ In the bolded part, does it negate the activation?

2cf86kk.jpg

[spoiler=Lore:]When this card is destroyed by battle' date=' you can place this card face-down in your opponent's Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Trap Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard. After 3 Standby Phases, force the activation of this card. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, all monsters on your opponent's field are treated as Aqua-Type WATER monsters. Decrease the ATK of all monsters on your opponent's field by 200 points. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, place the top card of your opponent's Deck to the bottom of his/her Deck and place 1 Level 3 monster on the top of your Deck. Once per turn, during your opponent's Standby Phase, randomly select 1 card in your opponent's Deck and switch it with a card in your opponent's hand. When this card is removed from the field while it is a Continuous Trap Card, switch the Battle Position of all monsters on your opponent's field.

[/quote']

Name:

I thought it sounded better as Swamp instead of Swap, but smeh.

Pic:

It's a bit too dark in my opinion and doesn't look too realistic.

Effect:

To begin with, since your opponent is activating the effect, it would count as his card and thus you would be hit with all the draw-backs. Let's consider that fixed.

- Secondly, the OCG seems fine but the effect, for the most part, is uncompetitive. It's Attribute support that doesn't make a difference with type of format we currently have. When it said "Put a Level 3 to the top of your Deck" you didn't specify from where. You could add any Level 3 from your/opponent's Deck, Graveyard, RFG, Field. This effect, as it is written, is Overpowered. I suggest rephrasing it.

- The hand-Deck switch effect could actually help your opponent draw into a better out than what they had before the effect.

- The last effect isn't bad, but is doubtful to ever be used. An opponent will rarely waste a card on something that is going to effect his game to such a little degree. I could see this being MSTd by you to use it's Zero Gravity effect.

Extras:

The holoing works here, on the name I mean. Not so much the image.

Final Thoughts:

As I said, if not rephrased, this card could be ridiculously overpowered. The effort is apparent but the card just doesn't seem to hit off.

My Grade:

6/10

adfasdfasfpv6.jpg

[spoiler=Lore:]This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by its own Effect. During the turn you draw this card' date=' you can send it from your hand to the Graveyard to inflict 800 damage to your opponent. If you have not Normal Summoned a monster by the end of the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard by its own effect, Special Summon it to your field. When your opponent activates a Set Spell or Trap Card, remove this card from play to negate its activation and Set it face-down. When this card is removed from the field by its own effect, select 2 face-down cards on the field. While this card remains removed from play, the selected cards cannot be flipped face-up. When the selected cards are destroyed, add this card to the top of your Deck.

[/quote']

Name:

I don't think "Lurking" is needed, but I've never been the best with names.

Pic:

The pic would've been so much better if you'd removed the random effects on the card. It really ruins it and makes it less appealing to the eye.

Effect:

To start, I like this effect. While not being short, it could be played in the current game and isn't OPd.

- The effect is creative and can applied to the format we're in right now.

I do think that lowering the ATK and removing the effect that stops it from being Summoned on a turn you Normal Summoned would make the card exponentially better. In such, this would be balanced because instead of a free 1900 Special Summon, you would have something significantly weaker.

-It's a free Solemn that comes back, rarely, though. I would also, instead of it having 2 Face-Downs target, change it to 1 to raise the chances of it coming back.

- With some rephrasing and rethinking, this effect can be very good. I saw a slight OCG Error(s) in it, so with fixing as well, this card's rating would rise.

Extras:

As said, remove that horrendous effect on the card to make it look better and more realistic.

Final Thoughts:

Needs some working on but has potential. This applies for the image as well.

My Grade:

7.5/10

Done.

Is Sppouse you can class me as the most fampous 4 starer her xd' date=' i mainly post inrealistics s you may not know me hunter.

[/quote']

Knowing proper grammar and sentence structure is always helpful in life.

Congratulations Null!! All hail our newest Legendary Card Maker!!

While it may be up to Hunter, I'd rather you both take some time to make a set, some singles, or something of that sort to refresh yourself and get better.

A Legendary Cardmaker must be just as the title says, Legendary. Making slim to no errors.

There's no rush to fill the spot.

My Criteria:

10% Name - If your name is good, creative, and realistic you get full credit.

40% OCG & Grammar - If your wording, OCG, and Grammar is correct, you get full credit.

30% Picture - If your pic is eyecatching, not overused, and quality, you get full credit.

10% Balance - If your card is not over or underpowered, you get full credit.

10% Meta Impact - If your card can accurately make an impact on the TCG, you get full credit.

Primal:

Name: 7/10. Swap is more creative than swamp. At least you get that.

OCG: 32/40. I dont think it is perfect, but I can tell you its good.

Picture: 24/30. Not realistic looking and a bad holo.

Balance: 10/10. Not under or overpowered.

Meta Impact: 6/10. I wouldn't use it.

Total: 7.9/10

Null:

Name: 9/10 Decent. Sounds like something I'd make up.

OCG: 36/40 Almost perfect.

Picture: 25/30. Colourful, but it ruins the card itself. Maybe if it didn't make the card dark orange, it would work better.

Balance: 8/10. Relatively balanced.

Meta Impact: 9/10. I would probobly use it. It looks completely playable to me.

Total: 8.7/10

--------

Once it is all said and done, we will average the scores together and decide the winner. But from my standards, Null has won.

Archived