Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-259640550

Dammit mew, why non damaging or weak moves.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-259640550

I thought I was going to lose there.  But through the power of anime protagonist-style willpower and Railgun S OP, I pulled through.

SURPRISE b****es

Double elminatiooooon~ Azure didn't lose until now, so that means...you guys have one more match to determine this. MUAHAHAHAHA IF YOU ARE THE ANIME PROTAGONIST I AM THE a****** ANTAGONIST.

FINAL BOSS FIGHT TIME

AZURE HAS A SECOND FORM

And now it's officially over! No more final tricks guys, that's a wrap. I'm glad everyone came out and got their battles out in nice time, thanks everyone it really makes me happy. ^^

I hope y'all had fun. I sure did. :3

http://challonge.com/7txhpzz2

First Place goes to Yui!

Second Place goes to Azure!

Third Place goes to Hydreigon!

Congrats everyone! :D Will send points shortly.

Also, will be putting a Poll up in about 5 minutes. Use it to vote for whichever tiers you'd be interested in for the next tournament (which will be still a ways away but it's better to get opinions early)

Not to be difficult, but the tournament I'd actually like most is doubles. Could you put that on the poll?

Oooooooooooh I forgot about those!

Hmmm. Sure. If it doesn't happen though doubles will be the next thing probably.

I've never ever done doubles before so that'll be interesting.

I voted for Monotype and Doubles.

Monotype because I love restrictions like this, and I have an idea for a few types that I'd like to use.

And Doubles because Gale of Darkness and Colosseum are two of my favorite games of all time, and they taught me how fun and strategic Double Battles can be.

...secretly, though, I want Monotype more than anything. XP

Also, CowCow, if you want to vote, go for it. I'm not against you doing so.

Oh yeah CroCune has been a pain in the neck for....man it's been a long time hasn't it?

Wearing it down doesn't work, hitting it hard is difficult with its defenses. Pretty much gotta get creative

Thinking maybe gotta use Trick. CroCune kinda crumbles totally if you can force it into a Choice item. But Tricking a specific mon can be hard and if you screw it up you won't get another chance most likely.

Vaporeon with Roar could help now that I think of it. But only help, without the right things to back it up....

whichever is decided you'd probably be better off PM'ing everyone on which it is and if it is monotype you should run another poll on which type everyone should use

I will be. As for which type, that's not how monotypes work exactly. Everyone will be able to choose a type and announce it upon signing up. I will limit how many people can choose a particular type but other than that anything's fair game.

Meanwhile, ferrothorn is still the biggest pain in the ass I've ever had.

Gotta always have the Fire coverage in OU. Ice as well. As long as you have that though you can do wonders.

Also I'll be setting up rules for Monotype soon. (Which will be similar to most other tournaments anyway). Tomorrow probably.

After that will be a Doubles tournament.

Gonna keep up the Poll for now just to get some information.

Gotta always have the Fire coverage in OU. Ice as well. As long as you have that though you can do wonders.

I'll bear it in mind for OU but its still a massive problem on Free battles online on the DS where you have 3 Pokémon out of the six you are carrying that you can use, so type coverage becomes even harder.

Also, since this place is also Pokémon related I feel like I should put the Pokémon giveaway vote in here aswell.

2 votes for Glaceon

1 for chandelure

(These will be perfect ones AKA as competitive standard as I can make them and will be available for ORAS and XY wielders and there will be enough for everyone to get one so no worries.)

Alright here we go!

[spoiler=SSS Monotype Tournament]

[spoiler=Rules]

1.) Teams are OU. Nothing in Ubers. However Pokemon from other tiers are allowed. Trust me you'll want to mix and match with this.

2.) Upon sending points for sign up you will send with it a message saying which Type you want. Put a first, second, and third, choice. If your type has been picked too many times (see next rule) I will let you know and we'll move to your second or third choice.

3.) Only two people (maybe three if it becomes an issue let me know your thoughts) will be allowed to have the same type at maximum. First come first serve.

4.) Keep in mind, while you can only use Pokemon that include the type you choose, you CAN use Pokemon with dual types.

5.) Tournament will be double elimination.

6.) You can change two Pokemon on your team in between rounds. You are allowed to change moves/items/EVs freely.

[spoiler=Entrance Fee and Prizes]

Entrance fee will be 250 points, to be sent to me upon sign up. I shall, as usual, add 1000 points myself. Remember to post here saying you will be joining as well. Do not say your typing.

[spoiler=Current Pot] 6750 points.

[spoiler=Prizes]

1st place: 60% of Pot

2nd place: 30% of Pot

3rd place: 10% of Pot

Also Spinda has added that whoever wins the tournament can tell him what Pokemon he is to make next for his next giveaway. He can give more details himself.

[spoiler=Participants]

1.) Lord CowCow

2.) GarlandChaos

3.) TheLocalSpinda

4.) JustYui

5.) Self-Destruct Button

6.) .Rai

7.) Azure Wolf

8.) Cosmo

9.) Hydreigon

10.) Catman25

I know I will have an advantage in that I know the typings however I will be telling everyone my typing now. Hopefully this counteracts the advantage I have with knowing what the first round opponent will have.

I hereby claim the Electric type.

The giveaway thing basically means you can choose a Pokémon for me to do as an event basically. These will be perfect ones AKA as competitive standard as I can make them and will be available for ORAS and XY wielders and there will be enough for everyone to get one so no worries.

Also,

Vote for which Pokémon will be given away ! Chandelure or Glaceon!

Currently 2\1 to Glaceon.

Archived