Fire Emblem: Curse of the Goddess [OOC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Sethera

[spoiler=Lore: History of House Mirrahel]

84Wrk8w.png

img_mouseover3.jpg

"Fortune favors the bold."

Galtea, the kingdom that was established by the hero-king Augustus, at its foundation was built supported by eight noble houses, each descending from Augustus and his trusted allies at the wake of the goddess’ demise. A lesser known fact of this day and age, as there are only 3 major noble lineages that still held much power today aside from the royal House Nabudis, most of these houses that had lost its relevance is still around, albeit with much lower presence and relevance than they used to possess, being only slightly more than local landlord. And from these now-minor houses, there was House Mirrahel.

While most of Augustus’ companions had also disappeared from the public’s mind throughout the years, yet Lady Nashandra, the founder of this house, was perhaps the one whose history had been lost the most to time, even to her descendants. The most common agreement regarding her origins is that she was either one of the goddess’ worshipper that defected to Augustus’ side during his quest to stop the goddess’ oppression, or that she was always a companion of his that infiltrated the cult of the goddess and helped the hero-king to find an opening. Whichever was correct, most historians agreed on the fact that Lady Nashandra was originally from the people that went on to find the Theocracy of Pontus.

Whilst she was known to be capable of utilizing the goddess’ blessing of healing magic, she was more-well known for her cunning and lack of reservations in her actions, and after she went on to settle in what would become Nastre later on, her descendants still viewed those traits as the proud creed of the house. She used her cunning and skill in negotiation to establish her family’s strength amongst the other designated nobles, and as other nations started to emerge on the continent, the house chose to establish a relation to them via trades, something that later would end with them becoming the main house in regards to foreign relations. It was due to them that back then, despite Galtea getting itself involved in many smaller wars, it never escalated into a larger-scale conflict that would cost Galtea a lot more.

A belief they had was that fortune would not come to those who waits. They went into a great length to amass power in the newly established kingdom, and taking every opportunity they came across to establish their strength, even if underhanded methods would be used to do it. At its peak, the house held an almost absolute hold in the economy of the kingdom. Despite military-wise they were the weakest of the major houses of that time having only archers as their major contribution to the main army[1], House Mirrahel was the one managing almost all trade routes, and with Nastre back then being the only major port city on the kingdom, the supply of resources that were scarce on Galtea’s territory was pretty much monopolized by the house, as well as the flow of exported goods.

This did not continue for too long, however. There were several theories regarding their start of decline and its cause. Perhaps it was due to their overdependence on mercenaries to keep an eye on their territory, perhaps it was due to the king of the time deciding to forcefully reduce their influence, especially since the House maintained a close relation to the Theocracy of Pontus, and some believed that there was enough evidence that a conspiracy involving House Salika, which at the time was in complete mercy of House Mirrahel. House Pharos, always aware of House Mirrahel's attempt of power play, also would definitely have a hand in influencing the decisions that led to its fall. The fact that corruption was rampant on the officials assigned by the house was also another thing that was pinpointed as the cause of the start of their fall. Nastre became less and less appealing for foreign merchants with the growing amount of pirates and rogues that the officials seemed to turn a blind eye into, and all of this led to the conversion of Miriam, then a humble seaside town, into the kingdom’s main port as the king of that time’s attempt of damage control, and the Mirrahels were also relocated into this new city with his order[2].

Reforms in the system soon followed[3], which included more freedom for private bodies to regulate trade, which removed a good portion of the influence House Mirrahel had on it. This led to the formation of merchant guilds, which ended up slowly taking over as the authority body over commerce in many places. These attempts on decentralization proved to be effective, and Miriam became prosperous in a relatively short time[4]. With their authority restrained, it was a tough time for the noble house, coupled with the Locris War happening around the same time that damaged trades with the related regions, most of which were the main partners of the House.

However, House Mirrahel refused to stay on the dumps for too long. Realizing a part of their fall was due to their failure to exert influence in the capital, it became the house's main objective in maintaining its position, as dominance through economic monopoly was no longer feasible. Of course, this put them directly at odd with house Pharos, the noble house of scholars. Despite of this though, they managed to put a decent amount of influence on the capital while also making efforts for the royal family to put less trust on Pharos, as suspicious as the house was already to their eyes. It didn't do much, but it opened the door more for their scholars to be put in positions close to the royalty. Coupled with the house's continuous importance in securing many crucial deals and treaties with neighboring nations throughout the time, they managed to survive and hang on to some of their influence as a major house of the time, despite not having the strangling influence it once managed to possess.

This second golden age eventually ended, just like before. The true decline of the noble house started several generations afterwards. This time, the cause was clearer; it was simply due to the lack of a good head for several generations while the other houses gained more prominence. Growing complacent with their renewed relevance, House Mirrahel failed to land much of their men into strategic positions on the capital for a while, giving them less and less influence towards policies, many which ended up limiting their overall power in a way. House Pharos seized those positions that Mirrahel failed to obtain, and even starting to get trusted to deal with foreign policies over it. House Salika, once on the mercy of House Mirrahel, had only grown stronger especially after it merged with two other noble houses while Mirrahel waned, and with its association with many of the major guilds it had built for years, practically took over as the primary authority on commerce.

It was odd that despite them losing more and more of their relevance, they still managed to be prosperous until their fate was sealed three generations afterwards. While the king never made an official statement regarding the true reason of the revoking of the noble status of the House, and the later capture and execution of Lord Lucati[5], the head of the House of the time, research shown that the house had actually committed the most severe sin for the past few generations: treason. The house had actively sold vital information regarding the kingdom with the neighboring nations using the connections it had to remain prosperous[6]. The practice even continued throughout the Great Galtea-Pontic war, with severe consequences in extending the bloody conflict.

It is still unknown how King Reginald managed to get ahold this information, and more importantly, it is still unknown why this treachery has never been announced to the public, leaving them wondering regarding the fate that befell the former noble house. With the kingdom being on the verge on another conflict with Pontus, perhaps he simply didn’t want to alert other potential traitors while he works on hunting them down. The executions marked the end of the noble family’s line, as there was no more known close relative of the family that still survived,.

It was quite ironic that the house’s creed of boldness in taking fortune to their hand ended up being the reason of its demise.

Footnotes

1. The House used to have the best academy of archery on the kingdom with Locrisian tutors. Another house had taken over it after Mirrahel’s fall, but the academy ended up being closed not too long after.
2. Clearly so he could watch over it with more ease. With what happened generations later, it ended up being a good move.
3. Aside from what had been mentioned, the reform also included a change in policy regarding governmental body hiring mercenaries outside of wartime.
4. Meanwhile, Nastre was left to rot. Several attempts had been carried out to reform the city, but with all of those failing to give any results, the kingdom decided to pretend the problem there didn’t exist instead.
5. Even his capture, stripping of noble title, and especially his and several of his relatives and accomplices’ execution were kept a secret from the public. However, it’s hard to keep something like this a secret for long, and just due to a small leak, it led to the entire thing turning into an open secret. The king made a statement later regarding this to expel the various rumors about the secretive executions, placing the cause on the long list of corruptions he and his family had indulged into for generations.
6. This actually includes Histia, although whether it had any effect to its decision to come to Galtea’s call for aid during the war is still unknown.

Trivia:

1. The House’s royal color is blue, following the hair color of Lady Nashandra and her descendants.
2. While it’s not adapted into the coat of arms, the house associates itself with goat, as a symbol of practical wisdom and triumph of diplomacy over physical conflict.
3. Compared to the other houses, House Mirrahel had a longer history of inbreeding, which might or might not have an impact on its fall.
4. Even at its peak, their official territory is the smallest of the then-major noble houses.

5. As diplomats, language is an important skill to learn. Their children were taught to speak and write Pontic and some other languages, and before most of the continent spoke the same Common Language, they were also taught about the other languages. Many books on these practically extinct languages were authored by and belonged to this house.

6. Despite mainly known for their archers, the nobles of this house are often skilled in magic. Although, it was usually nothing more than the result of curious pursuit of arcane knowledge, done mostly as a past-time.

Somewhat rushed, but here it is.

I might need to talk more about the house's role in the kingdom's foreign policies and expanding more on that front in general, and perhaps talk a bit about whether it did something to fellow nations in nearby continents/islands, but not sure yet.

Oh also, updated the image to Ciela. Emrakul had left this plane now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a note that Muddy, you have skipped on posting for the past two rounds, which is a bit worrisome. Yes, I know the first you gave reasons for, but "nothing to do" really isn't a valid excuse in the RP circle. So yeah, that's two strikes against you, and a third won't be very good. :(

As much as I really hate to admit it, I've lost interest in RPing. This really sucks for me, and I'm sure is also annoying for you, but I'm just not inspired to write. I could do a sort of "departure" post for Tarizo if you want me to, but other than that, I think this is it.

And don't get me wrong, I love this RP, I just can't get myself worked up to write. Best of luck, and you can bet I'll keep reading this.

Hmm I see then. I guess I can understand that, having swung from interest to interest myself. I won't force you to do a departure post, but I'm glad the reason you're leaving isn't that you lost interest in the RP, since I was a bit worried that was the reason. I guess all I can say is see ya, and good luck with other stuff Muddy.

Is this RP still going strong? Because it piqued my interest and, not making any promises but I'm really considering giving RPs another try with this one. Although I would be slow paced since I don't want to dedicate too much time to an RP; I'm letting you know this in case you aren't interested in players who won't be too active from the start.

Anyway, I was thinking on going for a Mercenary, but I see you got one already, while it seems the group is currently lacking on magic, so I would try a Dark Magic user. But first I want to know if you would be willing to introduce Light Magic and with it the Anima-Light-Dark magic triangle. This is partially a nitpick, but whenever I see a Fire Emblem that is missing either Light or Dark Magic (for instance, Awakening and Path of Radiance, respectively), and thus this triangle, I get the vibe that it's in a way incomplete, and so if I decide to join, I would like for this RP to include it. Not to mention that it would have an impact in my character if I choose to go for a Dark mage.

Another mechanic I'm interested in is the Radiant Dawn's elemental advantages vs. animals and Laguz races:

Wind > Pegasus Knights and bird Laguz

Thunder > Dragon Knights and Dragon Laguz

Fire >  Beast Laguz

In the setting of this RP, I suppose Wind would be effective vs. Pegasus Knights, Thunder vs. Dragon Knights, and Fire vs. Therians?

Or you could take a further step on complexity and make magic be effective in Therians depending on their species. For instance, let's say, an eagle Therian would be weak to Wind magic, a wolf Therian would be weak to Fire, while a dragon or otherwise reptilian Therian weak to Thunder.

Is this RP still going strong? Because it piqued my interest and, not making any promises but I'm really considering giving RPs another try with this one. Although I would be slow paced since I don't want to dedicate too much time to an RP; I'm letting you know this in case you aren't interested in players who won't be too active from the start.

Anyway, I was thinking on going for a Mercenary, but I see you got one already, while it seems the group is currently lacking on magic, so I would try a Dark Magic user. But first I want to know if you would be willing to introduce Light Magic and with it the Anima-Light-Dark magic triangle. This is partially a nitpick, but whenever I see a Fire Emblem that is missing either Light or Dark Magic (for instance, Awakening and Path of Radiance, respectively), and thus this triangle, I get the vibe that it's in a way incomplete, and so if I decide to join, I would like for this RP to include it. Not to mention that it would have an impact in my character if I choose to go for a Dark mage.

Another mechanic I'm interested in is the Radiant Dawn's elemental advantages vs. animals and Laguz races:

Wind > Pegasus Knights and bird Laguz

Thunder > Dragon Knights and Dragon Laguz

Fire >  Beast Laguz

In the setting of this RP, I suppose Wind would be effective vs. Pegasus Knights, Thunder vs. Dragon Knights, and Fire vs. Therians?

Or you could take a further step on complexity and make magic be effective in Therians depending on their species. For instance, let's say, an eagle Therian would be weak to Wind magic, a wolf Therian would be weak to Fire, while a dragon or otherwise reptilian Therian weak to Thunder.

It's steady if that's what you mean. And depends on how slow paced, if you can't post once a week, at minimum, probably don't bother.

No Light Magic. And in any case the triangle barely matters for this, in all reality.

Wind is good against fliers, I believe, but that's it. That's the one I'm unsure of. The fire and thunder thing might be possible but would have to ask the host (as I am lowly co-host can't make this decision myself)

Yeah, I meant if it was still active. I'm not sure if I can get motivated enough to make a weekly entry, plus I may get busy with stuff.

And Light magic is out of the question, I see. I assume it's because of the plot in this RP, as Light magic would be then tied or related to the antagonist goddess in a similar way healing magic is, but it's a shame for me that it's absent regardless; battles between a Light and a Dark mage (disregarding the triangle), and perhaps an antagonist sect of Light mages devoted to the goddess, could have been entertaining.

To answer your questions Darj, yes the RP is still going strong. But unfortunately, we're looking for people who can post at least once a week. If you can't do that, then...well, you might want to look elsewhere. Not trying to deter you, but most of the people here end up posting right after I post, and wait like five days for my next one, and I post once a week. Because of the way battles work too, we'd either be forced to wait for you and battle pace would slow to a crawl, or your character would quickly find themselves behind and inevitably injured.

Light magic isn't a thing I'm planning to implement, considering I'm trying to emphasize staff magic for this RP, and that would place staff magic at a lesser importance. Not only that, but I would have to completely reconfigure the class tree, and I have already put hours into making that, so not really keen on doing that.

I can understand your interest in the anima triangle, however, and I might use it, but not exactly in the way you explained. After all, there aren't really enough Proteans in Mysia to make a triangle revolving around them worth it. It's not at all like Tellius in that way. However, wind being strong against pegasi, thunder against wyverns, and fire against proteans or something else is something to be considered, considering even I have a bit of a nitpick with wind being the only magic that's really super-effective against anything.

Though really triangles and stuff aren't a big deal here. It'd be too unrealistic to implement as strongly as it is in the games, and I'm going more for a medieval fantasy thing here rather than Fire Emblem the video game RP.

To answer your questions Darj, yes the RP is still going strong. But unfortunately, we're looking for people who can post at least once a week. If you can't do that, then...well, you might want to look elsewhere. Not trying to deter you, but most of the people here end up posting right after I post, and wait like five days for my next one, and I post once a week. Because of the way battles work too, we'd either be forced to wait for you and battle pace would slow to a crawl, or your character would quickly find themselves behind and inevitably injured.

Light magic isn't a thing I'm planning to implement, considering I'm trying to emphasize staff magic for this RP, and that would place staff magic at a lesser importance. Not only that, but I would have to completely reconfigure the class tree, and I have already put hours into making that, so not really keen on doing that.

I can understand your interest in the anima triangle, however, and I might use it, but not exactly in the way you explained. After all, there aren't really enough Proteans in Mysia to make a triangle revolving around them worth it. It's not at all like Tellius in that way. However, wind being strong against pegasi, thunder against wyverns, and fire against proteans or something else is something to be considered, considering even I have a bit of a nitpick with wind being the only magic that's really super-effective against anything.

Though really triangles and stuff aren't a big deal here. It'd be too unrealistic to implement as strongly as it is in the games, and I'm going more for a medieval fantasy thing here rather than Fire Emblem the video game RP.

Thank you for the reply.

I see. I understand that you want relatively active people, but I don't want to compromise to that. I will leave this interest of joining an RP for a later time.

Not including Light magic is understandable too.

Truth be told, it is also a nitpick of mine that Wind has advantage over certain units when the other elements don't have any; it just doesn't feel fair. I was actually thinking that Fire could be strong against cavalry (horses), that way each magic would be effective against an unit: Wind > Pegasus Knights, Thunder > Wyvern Riders, Fire > Cavaliers

Yeah, sorry about that. You seem like a cool guy, and I think it'd be interesting to have you, but as it is right now, not sure how well it'd work out what with the activity disparity and all that.

I do like light magic (dem bishops) but yeah.

Exactly. Makes it seem like wind is the most "important" of the magics which is eh for me. And that could work. Not too sure if that's what I'll go with but it's something to consider. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Created an NPC section and will be adding to it as time goes by, we learn more about the people we've met, and meet more people in general. However, none of the information in there is stuff you really need to know, just a little bit more data on the various NPCs you've met. Kind of a for fun thing, and also a place for me to write down all the mental information I have on everybody.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Wings of the Lost]

“Come on, don't feel down! You could've died in a way worse manner than that!”

Identity Information
Name: Adelheid Sigrdvia

Birthplace: Rabans, Galtea
[spoiler=Appearance]

2d4cd6448df5cfc664e91dc176ae9e7aa36a02d8

Her short hair made her look younger than she actually is. Granted, her face didn’t look that old either. Her proper age mainly shows on her tired expression from time to time. She's not really tall at 170 cm. Also, she still maintains a healthy weight of 58 kilograms. She used to be a lot more well-built when she was younger, but right now she just focus on maintaining a somewhat slender frame instead

[spoiler=Personality]

Adel is mainly jolly and tend to crack a joke even at a inappropriate moment, although at times she prefers looking composed and saying little words unless necessary. Granted, her jokes can be pretty morbid and unfunny for others, but usually the disconnect of what she finds funny and others find funny never bothers her much.

She isn't really an ambitious person, enjoying her quiet life as one of the few patrols in the remote Pellina Region. She's pretty laid back despite the stern look she often gives, but despite of that when it comes to tasks she's performing, she is always serious about them even when she's not openly showing it. Her seriousness is also displayed during battles. In fact, it could even be said that she really enjoys herself in combat, to the point of blood thirst at times.

Adel doesn't want to talk about her past as she feels that it's no longer relevant to her and since she just really dislikes putting her thought on it again. Then again, for most people they would probably just see her as a normal retired soldier so they would think that it's related to a trauma from a past battle. After all, the name Adelheid Sigrdvia had long since disappeared.

[spoiler=Biography]

Born as the only child from a family with long history as the retainer of House Balfons, since she was little Adelheid's parents decided to have her be educated to continue their family's legacy as the house's loyal knights. She was born not long after the war against Pontus started, and she entered the military academy from the age of 10 due to the pressure of the conflict that on and on seemingly without any end in sight. She was promising as a trainee, and caught the interest of the young then-heir of House Balfons, Lord Frances. She ended up served directly right under him from the age of 14, and he then served as his personal mentor and friend. Their bond was like that of a brother and sister with how close the two were. She accompanied him through many battles along with her trusted horse, and although she had quite the brilliant performance throughout, she always chose to lay low as to not put herself in competition with her idol, one way was by wearing full armor and a helmet all the tme.

However, during the war she also befriended a certain charismatic and young soul named Celica.  Just a few years her senior, and an esteemed Paladin who had scored many victories, despite her background as a commoner being a merchant's daughter. A particular thing that drew the young and impressionable Adel to her were both her passionate speeches and how much she reached out to individual members of the men under her. During times when Lord Frances did not participate in a battle or had to be somewhere she couldn't reach, Adel became a part of the unit Celica directly led, and she spent more time together with her. Celica also personally took an interest at her, and once she was sure that Adel was close enough to her, she told her about her ideals and views.

Nobody knew about what were those ideals outside of Paladin Celica's inner circle, but this would directly lead into the infamous Silkans Fort Incident – the event where Celica and the rest of her unit, including Adelheid, slaughtered an entire garrison of their comrade before disappearing. They would later reappear on the Pontic side, but as mercenaries under the leadership of Adelheid who had chosen to dress herself and her horse in blazing red. Only known as the Crimson Impact, she was infamous for the insane speed of her daring charges that tore through the enemy ranks. Even after the war ended, she and her unit continued to fight on the multiple minor skirmishes between the nations of Mysia, even serving some private interests from Galtea despite their origin. However, this ended when a small detachment led by Adelheid herself was led by a false intel and ending up having to face a much bigger enemy force led by the Lord of House Balfons himself. Despite the promise of reinforcement, they did not manage to hold on or escape, and that was the last time anyone heard anything about the Crimson Impact.

A few years passed, and Adel now somehow ended up as a patrol in the Pellina Region as a part of Histia. Losing her iconic horse in favor of a pegasus that didn't really like her, it was as if she started over with a new life in the middle of nowhere for a peace of mind. She said that an old wound on her back made her lose any desire to reclaim her glory, and she wished to live a peaceful, quiet life instead. Whether it's the full truth or not, nobody knew.

[spoiler=Combat Information]
Class: Pegasus Knight

[spoiler=Stats]
• HP – D
• Str - B
• Mag - E
• Skl - B
• Spd – C
• Lck - E
• Def - B
• Res – C

While the wound on her back seemed to have fully recovered, it still has some long-lasting impact on her health, which made it so that she couldn’t really stay on a battle for too long before falling victim to fatigue. However, otherwise she is quite more durable than expected from a Pegasus Knight, and being a seasoned knight, the result of her years of efforts shows on her stats and capabilities. Being plagued by bad luck is something she’s not really terribly fond of though.

[spoiler=Fighting Style]
A remnant of her days being a cavalier and the Crimson Impact, Adel prefers charging straight to battle with her lance. Back then she used to have A in Speed, but a combination of having a mount that disliked her and the fact that she was acrophobic made her not as agile as she was back then. Even charging with her lance when she's on top of her Pegasus could make her dizzy, anything more than that would make her vomit almost immediately.

[spoiler=Inventory]
  • Steel Lance: The best weapon she could get her hand of in the remote place she’s being stationed on.

• Concoctions: Several bottles she has left on herb blends that she drinks regularly in hope of stopping the pain on her back in a more permanent way, though it’s not really working well so far.

• Fili Shield: A specially designed armor for fliers to protect them better against arrows. Adel was the type of person that wouldn't sleep well without knowing that her steed was properly armored so she somehow got her hand on this. Part of why Tyltalis hated her.

[spoiler=Other Information]
  • She's known to be really close to her old horse back then but she never mentions it after she starts anew.

• She never considered a horse when she entered the Patrol, and despite her fear of height chose to partner with a pegasus instead. She said it's just because patrolling Pellina without flight would be too much of a pain.

• It is rumored that her red apparel as the Crimson Impact, along with the unique feather arrangement on her helmet allows her to go significantly faster than other cavaliers.

• Befriends a lone mage specializing in wind magic and stayed at her place.

[spoiler=Mount Information]

Name: Tyltalis

Description: An adult female pegasus that ended up being partnered with Adelheid. She is not especially rowdy and hard to handle, but seems to dislike Adel due to how the woman handles her. Perhaps she's tired of being treated as and handled just like a horse all the time.

[spoiler=The Studying Shaman]

vJMX2K4.jpg
"You haven't seen a man named Rashido lately, have you? Isaurian like me, about this tall, wears an eyepatch..."

IDENTITY INFORMATION

Name: Azar Soravati

Birthplace: Palaea, Isauria

[spoiler=Appearance]Cu7V9dZ.jpg
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 116 pounds

Save the sclera of her eyes, light colors aren't really something you'll find on Azar's body. The closest thing is probably her skin, which is a chocolatey brown. Sitting atop her head is loose, black hair that lets air pass through it quite easily. The brown of her skin and the black of her hair only serves to make her eyes seem even brighter by comparison, which are a bloody and vivid red hue. She's still used to wearing the clothes she wore in her native Isauria, including a one-sleeved shirt, the left side of which is notably torn as if the other sleeve was ripped off by force. She's also got some tattoos and scars to show, too.

Covering the entirety of her left arm and the lower parts of her left abdomen are notably similar tattoos of lines and circles. Although generally not visible under her clothes, a similar tattoo is present across her left calf and foot. As for scars, there's only really one worth noting, which is technically more a set of scars. Across much of her back, dozens of small, straight scars sit in close proximity to one another in any number of directions.

[spoiler=Personality]Azar, above all else, believes nobody should be forced by others to do anything. Requests are fine, and she may well be willing to help somebody if they just ask and their interests align with hers, but commands and orders do not sit well with her. As a direct result, she's got some authority issues, and can get pretty bitter with people who try to make her listen to them just because she should. Everyone wants different things out of life, and Azar believes everyone should be free to pursue their goals. As for her own, Azar isn't afraid to raise a bit of hell if that's what it takes to get the job done. She's a very "end justifies the means" type of girl, and combined with her hands-on nature, it can make her pretty hard to stop once she's got a goal set.

Calling her a good person is...accurate enough. She's more often than not got a noble goal in mind, but as stated above, Azar doesn't really care what she has to do to get the job done. If she has to beg, plead, and barter, she'll do it. If working with or for others is what it takes, she doesn't mind. If Azar has to steal, maim, and kill in order to meet her goals, then so be it. Despite everything, moral fiber isn't really Azar's strong suit, nor is her ability as a leader. When in charge, she tends to ignore the fact that she even has people following her and act on her own, without even handing out any orders or even suggestions. These are far from her only flaws, too.

Azar's greatest weakness is anger. It's easy to set her off, and while her rage can come back down just as quickly as it flares up, that doesn't excuse the issue to her. Azar's been making an active effort to not be as angry a person, but has had little success. Her anger becomes especially apparent if others doubt her, as does another crucial flaw of hers: Arrogance. Azar is kinda convinced she's better than everyone around her at everything, and can have a hard time making friends or allies as a result. Those who manage to reel her in, however, shouldn't even bother trying to get rid of her. Once Azar's set up a view of somebody, be they an ally or an enemy, friend or foe, or whatever else, she'll hold that opinion of them for life.

She wants to be a kinder person, make no mistake, she just...can't. Being a genuinely kind person just isn't in her, so expect any attempts at such to be strained, forced, and maybe a little awkward. So what's good about her then, one may ask. Well...not much, really. Her goals usually happen to be beneficial for others (though she's only really in it for herself) which can be a good thing. She also realizes that, even though she's pretty sure she's better than everyone else, she still isn't perfect, and does try to improve on her shortcomings as a person. Plus - if properly enticed - she'd be happy to work with others. Knowledge is always a good bargaining chip with her, especially pertaining to dark magic.

Although it's not her strong suit, Azar has lately been dedicated to studying dark magic more closely. At present, her research topic is finding a means of substituting oneself for an actual tome, and - more importantly - counteracting the negative effects of doing such. She's got the first step down fairly well, though it can still be pretty hit-or-miss, but she's still experimenting with the second part. As such, any knowledge that could help is pretty valuable to her, and she's far from afraid to get her hands dirty to get it.

[spoiler=Biography]Azar was born into slavery in the desert city of Palaea. Her mother was a slave, owned by the man that would become Azar's father. Azar's father was...well, by no means was he a decent human being, but he was just as wealthy as he was despicable, so any trouble he got into was something he could buy his way out of. Growing up in the servitude of Mr. Soravati was far from a pleasant experience, and is not one Azar would ever wish to return to. However, she did not spend her entire upbringing as his slave. At the ripe age of eleven, Azar displayed a natural predisposition for dark magic. This was kind of a big deal, and although her master tried to keep her, and even tried selling her for a quick profit at the last second, Azar was set free. Her free life had begun, and she wanted to pursue the talent that had given her this newfound freedom. Damn convenient she lived in Palaea too, since it was the perfect place to learn more about dark magic.

Azar spent the next eight years studying at Palaea's dark magic academy. Admittedly, she wasn't the best student. She had authority issues, got into fights with students, didn't really study, and mostly made up for her shortcomings just with a talent for dark magic. However, there was one other student that managed to get some form of influence over Azar. A boy in her class that - as Azar grew and went through puberty - she developed a fondness for. Nothing major ever happened between the two of them - she barely even knew his name - but if he told her to leave a student alone, or listen to a teacher, or read a book, she'd do it. It was actually largely thanks to him that Azar even got through the eight years of schooling; without him, even her natural aptitude for dark magic wouldn't have been enough. When Azar graduated, she and the boy stuck together for a bit, as a pair of newly-declared shamans.

Their interests in what to do with their power were pretty different. The boy - Rashido - was interested in studying the workings of dark magic more closely. He wanted to know the ins and outs of the art, and Azar's natural aptitude for dark magic made her an invaluable research partner, even if she wasn't much help with the theoretical stuff. Azar, meanwhile, had her interests elsewhere. She wanted to free slaves; she'd been one herself growing up, and it was pretty unpleasant. She didn't want anyone to have to spend their entire life enslaved by others, and to earn the money used to buy slaves before setting them free, Azar turned her attention to paid fights. Win, and she'd get to go home with a fat paycheck. Lose, and she'd mostly only get paid in bumps and bruises. Fighting too was something Azar had a knack for, but her technique was pretty unrefined. But Rashido's wasn't. He'd actually wanted to pursue a career similar to what Azar was now doing once upon a time, and studied up on the finer points of unarmed combat. He was all too happy to pass what knowledge he could to Azar, who in turn became a pretty decent fighter. However, this arrangement was not to last.

The cause is still a mystery. Azar suspects that somebody was uncomfortable with Rashido's latest research topic - counteracting the negative effects of using one's self as a substitute for a tome - but whatever the case, while Azar was performing another pit fight for money, Rashido disappeared. She returned to find him gone, the house ransacked, and his research notes torn beyond recognition. Azar likes to think that whoever is behind Rashido's disappearance didn't take into account that he'd have a friend not afraid to hand out a few ass-kickings in order to bring him home safely, but at the same time, she couldn't just let his work go to waste. Rounding up what little research material Azar could still find and read, a Flux tome hidden away for emergencies, and some money for the road, Azar called in a favor from one of the former slaves she freed and got them to watch the house while she was out finding Rashido.

Azar's now been on the road for five months, trying to find Rashido while also continuing his research to counteract the negative effects of using oneself as a tome. So far, her research has yielded no results short of lots of pain.

iU8EggM.png

COMBAT INFORMATION

Class: Shaman

[spoiler=Stats]HP: C
STR: B
MAG: B
SKL: D
SPD: E
LCK: E
DEF: C
RES: B

[spoiler=Fighting Style]Azar, as a Shaman, fights in a rather normal way for her class...sometimes. While she's perfectly capable of sitting back with her tome casting spells at anything that looks at her funny, this is not only too bland for her taste, but it doesn't help her research. Azar has experiments to run, and they require a different approach to things. Azar - through various means she's still testing - doesn't like to use the tome. She aims to be the tome, casting dark magic through her own body to amplify her physical attacks with some magic on the side. Of course, the methods are still in the beta stage, so to speak, and will damage her as well as her opponents when cast. As such, Azar tries to strike hard and finish a fight in as few blows as possible, so as to minimize the damage she does to herself.

Barring the use of magic, Azar was never really a fast runner, and she'd rather her opponents come to her. For this reason, she'll still use her tome if fighting a ranged opponent since running up to them and giving them a fistful of shaman voodoo just isn't an option in such cases. Besides, she can't constantly run experiments in combat or she'd have killed herself by now. Of course, just because she has a natural aptitude for dark magic, that doesn't mean her spells are likely to hit.

[spoiler=Inventory]

• 1 dark tome for Flux.
  • Vulenary (2). Can't run her experiments without something to heal with nearby, after all!
  • Ink & quill. For science.
  • Research journal. Also for science, though since Azar usually forgets to take notes, it's become more of an adventure log, and even then she doesn't usually write in it. Only the first couple pages have anything written on them.

iU8EggM.png

OTHER INFORMATION
  • Left-handed.
  • Collectively refers to the various means of using herself as a tome as the "Rashido Method", after the person who was originally trying to research such things. Azar has yet to settle on a singular method that works better than others, so she just uses it as an umbrella term until she figures out what works best.
  • Because she's lived in an arid desert all her life, Azar isn't well-suited for handling the cold, and actually can't swim.
  • Mostly not ticklish. Mostly. Her tattoos are the weak spots!
  • Battle Theme | Battle Theme (alt.)

[spoiler=The Idealistic Cleric]

x393wz.jpg

Screenshot_2.png

“There are no winners in war, only losers. Some just lose less.”

x393wz.jpg

Identity Information

Name: Amie Albescu

Birthplace: Pezat, Pontus.

[spoiler=Appearance:]

avril_by_lyra_kotto-d5ps27x.jpg

Height: 5’7”

Weight: 125 lbs

[spoiler=Personality:] Much of Amie’s personality stems from following in her father’s footsteps. She wants to help everyone she can whether they want her help or not. She’s very firm on this position, and though she’s quick to back down from an argument, she will almost always attempt to argue that she should be allowed to help. She’s also picked up her father’s perception, watching the movements of others in hope of finding out if something’s wrong. She isn’t half as good at this as her father, but she’s learned from her mistakes. She isn’t without her own mistakes either, as she still views healing magic as a possible end-all-be-all solution to most afflictions, and is yet to truly realize that some issues lie within one’s mind.

Unlike her father however, she isn't very reserved when it comes to her curiosity. Growing up around a physician, she learned to ask questions when she had them, and to never let a question go unanswered. She's learned to be very stubborn on this topic in particular, only backing off if given a very firm no, and if it's about something that doesn't matter. She often finds herself pelting those around her with question after question, about things from local flowers to any history of the land they might know. 

Amie is soft-spoken when mistreated, rationalizing in her mind the reason for anything anyone says or does to her. However, quiet about it as she is, Amie has gained a perspective about the world that she sticks to: That nothing can change, unless someone makes it. Though she berates herself for being a hypocrite in this regard, she sticks to her beliefs and will profess them if she deems it necessary. For example, she desires for people to view healing magic as a gift, rather than as something to be feared, so she’s decided to do her best to help change this.

Though Amie attempts to keep a calm and collected air about her, she’s quite the contrary and this will melt away fairly quickly. Amie is constantly stressed when performing her duties, and always afraid of messing up whoever she’s healing. Often times she can mess up due to her own nerves, and finds herself apologizing. She’s sooner to berate herself for her own mistakes, and finds herself overlooking the good in what she’s done. Her somewhat nosy appearance is often her trying to distract herself from her nerves, and generally ends up coming back to bite her when it's said and done, worrying herself to death that she might have annoyed them.

To keep herself busy, Amie generally finds herself organizing her items and making sure she has the right supplies ready for each day. She found herself panicking that she had the wrong supplies, or that she wouldn’t have enough for each day; so she tried to turn it into a relaxing pastime. 

[spoiler=Biography:] Amie was raised in the small Pontic town of Pezat, but she wasn’t born there. To understand her entire story, you have to go back to the Pontic-Galtean war, where her father first met her mother. Desmond Nivens - her father - was a young battle medic in the Galtean army during the war. He was well known amongst them for his skills as a healer, but perhaps the most prominent thing about him was his compassion. Desmond refused to let something as simple as someone’s nationality prevent him from treating the wounded, which is how he eventually met his future wife, Cornelia Albescu. Cornelia was a Pontic soldier injured in a brutal battle with Galtea and Histia towards the end of the war that left many dead, and she would have been among the lives lost if it wasn’t for the timely intervention of Desmond.

Against orders, Desmond nursed her back to health. Moved by his compassion, Cornelia would defect from the army, and would marry Desmond. In the years following, Desmond would grow from a simple battle medic, to a well renowned physician throughout Galtea. In the years following the end of the war, the two moved to the city of Sochen. Though many would discriminate against them due to Cornelia’s origin, they were able to get by due to the fact that Desmond was a highly-coveted physician, who didn’t charge unreasonably.

And in the second year after the war, Cornelia found herself with child. The two had been trying for a child for years, and their prayers had finally been met. But when the time came for the child to be born, disaster struck, and not even all Desmond’s knowledge could save his wife. Stricken with grief, Desmond made the journey to his wife’s home-town, Pezat, to bury her. Upon arriving, Desmond took his wife’s last name, in honor of the woman he spent the last few years of his life with.

Lamenting still, Desmond began to study about the goddess, Inera, and their healing magic whilst in Pezat. Over the next year few years, he became a priest at the local church, and took a unique stance towards their goddess. He believed that she was in no way flawless, nor were her actions always just, but that she had given them a pure gift in healing magic. And, as Amie grew, he began to teach her everything he could. He taught her both the traditional side of things, and the magical; how to set a splint, and how to mend one’s wounds with a staff.

Throughout her early life, Amie also gained perspective of the world. Desmond’s profession forced her to see both sides of life, as not every patient would survive, but sometimes even miracles seemed within reach. Amie was forced to see the world for what it was, and was encouraged by her father to make her own judgements. Now, at age eighteen, Amie has made the decision to leave her hometown. Though the magic she and her father practice is feared in certain lands, Amie has decided that it doesn’t have to be this way; and that if she could show even a few people this, that she would be content.

And with Galtea and Pontus on the verge of what she can only assume to be war, she’s decided that now would be the best time to leave. After receiving her father’s blessing, and a few supplies to get by for the first few days of her trip, she set off. Not knowing where she would go, or where she would end up, only that wherever fate took her, she would do her best to sway their opinion on her healing magic.

x393wz.jpg

Combat Information

Class: Cleric

[spoiler=Stats:]

• HP - D

• Str - E

• Mag - B

• Skl - D

• Spd - C

• Lck - C

• Def - E

• Res - B

Fighting Style: To put it simply, she doesn’t. She can heal in and out of battle, but she cannot fight in any capacity.

Inventory:

• Heal Staff

• Vulnerary (x3)

• Bandages and other things of the like.

Other Information: N/A

All right, after some discussion, I've come to a decision.

With the edits you made, Amie Albescu is accepted. She isn't the most unique character, but I will trust you as an RPer to make her work anyway. Also, keep in mind that there are four characters ahead of yours, unless I decide to forbid second characters, so you'll have a bit of a wait.

You are free to make whatever edits you want to her, and Cow or I can tell you what we think of them. Other RPers might throw in their two cents too. You are also free to make an entirely new character instead, and run them by us.

Also, it's Pezat, not Peza.

I think it'll be nice to see someone emphasizing the other aspect of Goddess Worship. We've got Edrick who's all about Killing in the Name Of and giving people an opportunity to rise from the dead as embodiments of Inera's glory, and then we have Amie here who's interested in showing Inera's glory through preserving life. Rounds out our party from an idealistic standpoint.

Archived