[Finished][FINISHED] Dova's Competitions #1: Normal Monster Support

Dova

Hey! Dova here, and this is my first Card Contest (also it's free :D )! If you join, I hope you enjoy yourself!

(This Contest is under Card Gladiator Arena)

Theme

Design a effect monster that supports a Normal Monster(s) of your choice! Of course, there are some Normal Monsters I will not be allowing support of, specifically ones supported by other non-normal-affecting cards , in the hope of making it more interesting. A list is below, and because I couldn't be bothered to list every cards which belong under the same Archetype, I'll just be posting archetypes/series support you can't have :). If you think there is a archetype missing, or an archetype that shouldn't be there: Do tell.

[spoiler=Archetypes you can't Support]Alien
Ally
Archfiend (This includes cards which are treated as Archfiend cards)
Black Luster Solider
Blue-Eyes
Bujin
Cloudian
Dark World
Dark Magician
Draconia
Dracoslayer
Dracoverlord
Duston
HERO
Flamvell
Forbidden One
Gaia
Gem-Knight
Genex
Gladiator Beast
Harpie Lady
Hieratic
Igknight
Magician (Pendulum)
Mist Valley
Mokey Mokey
Ojama
PSY-Frame
Qliphort
Red-Eyes
Skull Servant
VWXYZ Materials
X-Saber

Other than, go wild! Pendulum, Fusion, Ritual, plain ol' Effect, it doesn't matter. Just please abide by standard Card Making procedures and remember to have fun!

Deadline

January 25th, 2016 @ 5:00 GMT+10. Since that's ahead of most of you guys, be sure to turn it in early if you can. Feel free to submit the card at any time before the deadline. Judging might take a while, but hopefully schedules will be free. Free time will be provided if a good reason is given.

Rules (thanks Sakura)

1. Standard YCM and Custom Cards rules apply in this section. Please remember to abide by / follow them in this contest.

2. Written Cards will be accepted, however if you opt to do this; do not use the Cardmaker to generate a pictureless image. Just type it out in text format.

3. When posting a card, make sure that you have its lore posted beneath, so it is easier for me to read your effect. Also make sure that you post it properly using the Cardmaker.

4. You are allowed to make edits to your card until the deadline, HOWEVER you should have already designed the card as a final product.

5. The usage of Fake Types / Attributes, as well as DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God is expressly forbidden.
You are expected to design a card that adheres to the current standards set by Konami (usage of the existing 23 legal Types + 6 Attributes).
Also remember to abide by the max. 5000 ATK/DEF rules for original stats.

Prizing

1st - 500 points + 3 reps
2nd - 200 points + 2 reps
3rd - 100 points + 1 rep

Participants

1. The Eternal Dolphin (Submitted Card)
2. Enguin (Submitted Card)
3. Saikyou no Majin (Submitted Card)
4. nunuke (Submitted Card)
5. Kinka-Byo (Submitted Card)
6. Tyretian (Submitted Card)
7. Trebuchet NS (Submitted Card)
8. Kanashisa (Submitted Card)
9. Zanda Panda (Submitted Card)
10. Nathaniel D. Striker (Submitted Card)
11. cardgameking (Submitted Card)
12. Fluffyfish (Submitted Card)
13. Flipflopfrog (Submitted Card)
14. BrainifyerLives (Submitted Card)

Judging

Happy for up to two people help me judge this. If you decide to judge, you can't post a card. Please use the rubric posted below, or, if you are unhappy with it, message me ahead of time.

1. Dova
2. Tythe

Scoring

Total out of 50:

Balance/Usability - 30

Creativity/Flavour - 15

OCG/Grammar - 5

------

Yeah, I took a lot from the CCMonthly, but if it ain't broke...

If you have any questions, either post in this thread or send me a PM.

Looking forward to seeing your entries. Good luck, and have fun!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested as a participant.

Thanks for joining! 

Uwot. On what basis can monsters without effects really be judged? Oh I read that wrong actually I think. I will do this then.

I meant that you should make an effect monster. Editing the OP, also, welcome!

Yes, but the archetype itself doesn't have any normal monsters, only a relation to BEWD and the fact that Black Luster Soldier was first printed AGES ago as a Normal Monster.

Black Luster Soldier is an Archetype. I thought no support for archetypes with support might make it more interesting, due to to the fact that it's becoming a thing again. As for you, Dolphin, could you please rephrase the question?

Also, welcome Tyret and Kinka!

He means the Tsu monsters, like Aitsu, Doitsu, Soitsu and Koitsu... I believe there's only those 4, but 2 of them are effect monsters and Union monsters at that

Mhm, I take your point. Considering it's a series, not an archetype, and a small series at that, I'd be willing to allow it. Any objections?

Question: Do we have to support specific Normal Monsters, or can we make support for any Normal Monsters that fulfill specified conditions (e.g. Level X or lower, X or less ATK/DEF, X-Type, X Attribute)?

To be honest, the idea was to basically have something like the Dark Magician support. I was thinking that maybe the CCers could get somewhere from this, and to focus on more specific cards. However, using a common name in the Normal Monsters is fine, e.g "X" monster.

I am interested, and also have a query.

Will Gemini support be acceptable, seeing that Gemini Monsters can also count as Normal Monsters?

To  be honest it would be more fair to not include gemini, seeing as we might get another competition (Hint, Hint) that focuses on Gemini monsters and their support...

Sorry, no Gemini. Monsters with no effects only.

--

Also, feel free to upload your card at any time before the deadline.

Here it is: Decided to make a support for good ol' Beast of Talwar, 2400 ATK/ 2150 DEF level 6 dark fiend.

zoPUZUR.jpg

So, first off the name: Entity Iprisoned Inside the Talwar

A level 4 DARK fiend with 1200 ATK and 700 DEF

Now for the effect: When this card is summoned, you can pay 400 LP: Special summon 1 "Beast of Talwar" from your hand or deck, If summoned from the deck, you must select 1 card in your hand or on your side of the field, shuffle that selected card to its respective deck during the End Phase of this turn. You can equip this card to an face-up "Beast of Talwar" OR unequip it to special summon this card in face-up attack position, while equipped to a monster by this effect, that monster gains 600 ATK and 350 DEF, also, the monster's level is increased by 2. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the monster would be destroyed by battle, destroy this card instead).

If you ask me why I chose Union, I would say it was because the card is supposed to be locked in the Talwar, making it a perfect opportunity to summon a 3000 pretty easily... a few years ago that would be OP, but nowadays all decks can basically do that on first turn too.

Here it is: Decided to make a support for good ol' Beast of Talwar, 2400 ATK/ 2150 DEF level 6 dark fiend.

zoPUZUR.jpg

So, first off the name: Entity Iprisoned Inside the Talwar

A level 4 DARK fiend with 1200 ATK and 700 DEF

Now for the effect: When this card is summoned, you can pay 400 LP: Special summon 1 "Beast of Talwar" from your hand or deck, If summoned from the deck, you must select 1 card in your hand or on your side of the field, shuffle that selected card to its respective deck during the End Phase of this turn. You can equip this card to an face-up "Beast of Talwar" OR unequip it to special summon this card in face-up attack position, while equipped to a monster by this effect, that monster gains 600 ATK and 350 DEF, also, the monster's level is increased by 2. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the monster would be destroyed by battle, destroy this card instead).

If you ask me why I chose Union, I would say it was because the card is supposed to be locked in the Talwar, making it a perfect opportunity to summon a 3000 pretty easily... a few years ago that would be OP, but nowadays all decks can basically do that on first turn too.

But... Beast of Talwar is an Archfiend, and it already has support from the Archfiend stuff.

Archived