Dragonball Evolution

Exyst

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A- = Awesome martial arts movie' date=' very well made

D- = Brutal rape on the storyline

The movie itself was awesome when not thinking about it relating to the anime. Which is fine, because I am sorry, live action movies based of anime series, suck so much if they stick to the anime. Seriously, if you can do the smart thing and watch this movie without being a dick saying the whole movie sucks because it ain't Dragonball, you will love it. Compare this to other martial arts movie, and this one blows all the others out of the water.

[spoiler=Spoiler']Roshi Dies, but Shenlongs wish brings him back

Goku is a human that has Ozzaru inside him

Yamacha has no fighting ability

Mai is with Piccolo for some reason

Grandpa Gohan dies from Piccolo

Piccolo doesn't die (Yay!)

Mai can shapeshift

Movie says all Nameks are evil

Piccolo is trying to bring back Ozzaru

From what I've heard, the marital arts end of things was really weak also. And I doubt it blows other martial arts movies "out of the water". I seriously doubt (assuming it does make a decent martial arts flick) it can come close to comparing to....anything done by Bruce Li, and most things done by Jackie Chan and Jet Li, really.

The movie itself was awesome when not thinking about it relating to the anime. Which is fine' date=' because I am sorry, live action movies based of anime series, suck so much if they stick to the anime. Seriously, if you can do the smart thing and watch this movie without being a dick saying the whole movie sucks because it ain't Dragonball, you will love it. Compare this to other martial arts movie, and this one blows all the others out of the water.[/quote']

Actually, no. The acting was terrible, even having the ever popular statement/question problem. The cinematography was shoddy, including various angles that ruined several scenes. Writing was rather poorly done, many lines were cliche, rhetorical, or could have been worded much better. Effects were poorly done, it looked like they spent all their budget on the rights to DragonBall and didn't have enough for decent effects. Compared to other martial arts movies, the only blowing this is doing to them is inappropriate for children.

The movie itself was awesome when not thinking about it relating to the anime. Which is fine' date=' because I am sorry, live action movies based of anime series, suck so much if they stick to the anime. Seriously, if you can do the smart thing and watch this movie without being a dick saying the whole movie sucks because it ain't Dragonball, you will love it. Compare this to other martial arts movie, and this one blows all the others out of the water.[/quote']

Actually, no. The acting was terrible, even having the ever popular statement/question problem. The cinematography was shoddy, including various angles that ruined several scenes. Writing was rather poorly done, many lines were cliche, rhetorical, or could have been worded much better. Effects were poorly done, it looked like they spent all their budget on the rights to DragonBall and didn't have enough for decent effects. Compared to other martial arts movies, the only blowing this is doing to them is inappropriate for children.

Eh, must be personal preference, because me and everyone else in my city who has seen it, says it was better than they thought it would. I liked the effects, I liked the acting, I liked the cinematography. I forgot about karate kid tho, those movies were better, but this one still was good. To me anyway.

Well me and my friends keep saying, if they got dragonball right, it would be kind of a retarded film. Talking animals, spikey hair, and some other things. Would not look right. Tell you the truth, I think animes should stay animes. They are animated for a reason. Now if they made a cg dragonbal movie, that would be awesome. Imagine Advent Children, but DBZ. *Drool*

Well me and my friends keep saying' date=' if they got dragonball right, it would be kind of a retarded film. Talking animals, spikey hair, and some other things. Would not look right. Tell you the truth, I think animes should stay animes. They are animated for a reason. Now if they made a cg dragonbal movie, that would be awesome. Imagine Advent Children, but DBZ. *Drool*

[/quote']

Heck yes. Don't forget Digimon X Evolution.

Left out Tenshinhan' date=' Chaozu, Kurrin, and [b']Yamcha didn't have long hair.[/b]

Your upset that he had short hair and not that he was blonde?

Well me and my friends keep saying' date=' if they got dragonball right, it would be kind of a retarded film. [b']Talking animals, spikey hair, and some other things. Would not look right.[/b] Tell you the truth, I think animes should stay animes. They are animated for a reason. Now if they made a cg dragonbal movie, that would be awesome. Imagine Advent Children, but DBZ. *Drool*

Star Wars says hi.

Well me and my friends keep saying' date=' if they got dragonball right, it would be kind of a retarded film. Talking animals, spikey hair, and some other things. Would not look right. Tell you the truth, I think animes should stay animes. They are animated for a reason. Now if they made a cg dragonbal movie, that would be awesome. Imagine Advent Children, but DBZ. *Drool*

[/quote']

Heck yes. Don't forget Digimon X Evolution.

And how long was the manga X Evolution was based on compared to Dragonball?

Left out Tenshinhan' date=' Chaozu, Kurrin, and Yamcha didn't have long hair.

[/quote']

How bout Krillin and who is Kurrin.

I watched the dubbed.

Krillin=Kuririn

Just finished watching a downloaded version, I quite enjoyed it. Some nice humour in the film but obvious stupidity done in the story. Personally it does go with the story of the original series, however slight stupidity done in that if Goku is Oozaru (obviously Saiyans are Oozarus), then how could he be 18 if Oozaru aided Piccolo 2000 years prior to the present? Lol.

I gotta admit, the Oozaruness was pretty darn epic, and Shenlong's summoning was also pretty darn epic. There are dissappointments with Roshi being killed then brought back, Yamcha having short hair, no Paur or Oolong, etc etc. All in all I found the film to be a lot better than I thought it would be, personally I'd love to see a sequel to it. MORE HOT BULMA!

Oh and Roxas...X Evolution was a Completely CG Movie that showed the X Antibody as well as Alphamon. :P

Archived