Official Bleach Discussion Thread

Maxdmilleo

I actually for once decided to skip Bleach until at least the Quincy vs Quincy fight is over. I glanced over these couple latest chapters and it seems these characters have some sort of "we were best buddies" backstory to them. Frankly, I'm surprised to find I saw this starting to happen and my mind immediately went to "f**k it, I'll just go to One Piece this week" after last week's second page.

How long have we known these guys for? It probably is longer than it feels because Kubo pads its chapters to death so a long time can pass without much happening. Is this a minion filler fight?

Kubo would probably be good at just making up one shots if characters are coming and going so much but in a way that a long story just gets hurt by it. He wouldn't need to pad.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's still Askin vs Grimmjow + probably Nelliel, and the Fullbringers if they are ever gonna turn up as well. 

But yeah, we are kinda running low on fights now. I guess, if Uryu isn't gonna turn cloak, then say Byakuya will fight Hascwalth, because that just seems like the sort of fight he'd have. 

Then obvious Ichigo vs Uryu fight, which will probably have Uryu's dad turn up if he's not already dead. 

And then the 20-40 chapters of plot-shrifts whilst Ywach kills off/beats all the other Shinigami, including; Urahara's Bankai, Aizen being... Aizen (Unless he's actually gonna become the big bad at the end), probably Yoruichi's zanpakto, if she still has it, Isshin's bankai, any other stray Zanpakto, a tonne of plot device kido's and inventions, Kenpachi trying to cut through everything. 

And in the end it's still probably gonna be Ichigo's new Bankai that takes the day. Maybe Uryu as well. But this is the essence of it. 

Then cue whatever random ending Kubo has in mind, I'm thinking Ichigo ends up being the new Soul King. 

I hear you. They probably can't afford that though since it'd add up eventually in printing costs.

So if 647 is the latest chapter and my prediction of late 2017 holds up, that's another 60~ chapters or so letting Bleach end around the 720s or 30s.

This war started in 480, so this final arc took up a shitton of chapters compared to the other stuff.

Do we really think Pernida is dead? I honestly think more Shinigami need to die

Shunsui dying would be poetic since Ukataki and Yama already passing

Also it would be the war that claimed two captain commanders. I do like Byakuya vs Hashwalt, not sure who that fullbringers should fight.

Histsugaya and them fighting a weakened Pernida would even out the playfeild.

Thor would be nice to see. I see Aizen as the soul king TBH. Ichigo shouldn't have to bear that burden and that would be what could pacify Aizen

I see Aizen as the soul king TBH. Ichigo shouldn't have to bear that burden and that would be what could pacify Aizen

That's it.

The seeds for discontent between Quincies and Soul Reapers were secretly planted by Aizen centuries ago, all to culminate into a conflict that would wrest the current Soul King from power and put Juha Bach, Aizen's pawn, into his place. Aizen will use his hold over Juha Bach and gain the power itself. Aizen wins, manga ends.

snquz.jpg

I'm not saying he's doing it out of choice, I say he'll do it because he's the being best suited for it. He is immensely powerful, and literally has or has had the powers of every being in the Bleach universe. He's got Quincy, Hollow, human and Shinigami. It's already implied he's too powerful to go home, and they need a Soul King to replace the current one. So who better? 

Aizen won't be allowed to because he's still Aizen. 

• 3 weeks later...

Shunsui didn't bang anyone in that backstory; 

His brother married Nanao's mother and died due to some kind of family curse, Nanao's mother had tried to break away from this curse by leaving her family. She then concludes the curse is related to the family Zanpakto, and has Shuinsui hide it, which his Zanpakto does by creating a younger spirit, who hides the sword within itself. 

The sword apparently has the power to only work on 'Divine' beings, and there's implication that it may have been the thing the split the Soul King up. 

Nanao up until now hasn't had a Zanpakto, instead advancing through the ranks based on her Kido prowess from what I've gathered. 

and has Shuinsui hide it, which his Zanpakto does by creating a younger spirit, who hides the sword within itself. 

The sword apparently has the power to only work on 'Divine' beings, and there's implication that it may have been the thing the split the Soul King up. 

Nanao up until now hasn't had a Zanpakto, instead advancing through the ranks based on her Kido prowess from what I've gathered. 

Okay, this was the stuff that flew over my head. 

I guess that's pretty interesting. Shunsui's one of the few character's I've actually cared about over the whole series.

Shunsui didn't bang anyone in that backstory;

His brother married Nanao's mother and died due to some kind of family curse, Nanao's mother had tried to break away from this curse by leaving her family. She then concludes the curse is related to the family Zanpakto, and has Shuinsui hide it, which his Zanpakto does by creating a younger spirit, who hides the sword within itself.

Here's a thought. Apperently the sword splits a god into 8 parts. Soul King has

2 arms, 5 Royal guards, and one son

The fight is far from over even after the elites fall, think the RG are gonna go turncoat w/wo their will if Bach commands the

Hiyori vs Hikifune would be emotional as funk

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Oh hey]

Kira's alive. I like that guy.

The funk's up with him though, how's he still alive and kicking with that hole in his chest?

On a side note, I don't like it whenever Kubo transforms a character into some sort of hideous creature. Owl quincy looked better before, and Tousen's transformation from way back was seriously stupid. And I was indifferent to monster Aizen, but I like him better as a human.

[spoiler=Oh hey]

Kira's alive. I like that guy.

The f***'s up with him though, how's he still alive and kicking with that hole in his chest?

[spoiler=reply]

He was given to Mayuri for treatment. Not much else needs be said. 

Also it's incredibly fitting given what Kira's Shikai does that he'd get the guy with the God complex to finish off. Lille will bow his head in shame before death. 

Now the thing confusing me right now is kinda simple; Why is Aizen not with them? Like I know lugging that chair around is a hard task, but like... you let him out of prison to help deal with the Quincy and now you are leaving him, in a chair, in the middle of nowhere whilst you gallivant into the enemy's base? I know Kubo logic means he'll be back up there when it matters, but still; Why on earth would you leave Aizen alone? 

I kinda like we've got this parralel back down out of the palace; It gives a potentially decent reason to bring the Fullbringers back in without it seeming too bullshitty, especially since there's one Ritter we've yet to find out about from down below. And as Kubo showed this week, he doesn't leave this stuff hanging very often. 

[spoiler=reply]

He was given to Mayuri for treatment. Not much else needs be said. 

Also it's incredibly fitting given what Kira's Shikai does that he'd get the guy with the God complex to finish off. Lille will bow his head in shame before death. 

Now the thing confusing me right now is kinda simple; Why is Aizen not with them? Like I know lugging that chair around is a hard task, but like... you let him out of prison to help deal with the Quincy and now you are leaving him, in a chair, in the middle of nowhere whilst you gallivant into the enemy's base? I know Kubo logic means he'll be back up there when it matters, but still; Why on earth would you leave Aizen alone? 

I kinda like we've got this parralel back down out of the palace; It gives a potentially decent reason to bring the Fullbringers back in without it seeming too bullshitty, especially since there's one Ritter we've yet to find out about from down below. And as Kubo showed this week, he doesn't leave this stuff hanging very often. 

INB4 Aizen and Bach are working together and Lille frees the God himself. That would even the battlefield out...otherwise this sheet is still super unbalanced 

Also sad we won't get Byakuya vs Hashwalt

Archived