Staunch Defender

StaunchDefenderDCR-EN-C.jpg

I can see this being run. It may not look AMAZING at first glance, but some of its rulings really increase its appeal rating.

Especially this one:

If your monster selected with "Staunch Defender" is destroyed' date=' your opponent's remaining monsters cannot attack. [/quote']

So even if they can destroy it, they STILL can't attack you. If your monster is stronger than any of your opponent's Attack Position monsters and they can't get rid of your monster that turn, you basically end up destroying ALL of their Attack Position monsters. Worst possible scenario is that you lose your monster by battle and get a Threatening Roar effect afterwards.

So, often this gives you the same kinda thing as Threatening Roar, and sometimes it gives you a "destroy all your opponents monsters and damage them severely effect" which is insane. Imagine facing a swarm of Gadgets with that with a Monarch or something better. You could inflict 3 to 5 THOUSAND damage and destroy their whole swarm.

It's still probably not as good as T-Roar, not being chainable n all, but it's nice. You should try it.

But say you had a Face-down beastie with some high DEF? Your opponent woud be forced to attack it. Also there is some monsters that destroy any Attacking montser if in Defense Mode. I would use this card anyday. I enjoy a Defensive tactic.

The irony, Is that... Although they are rare, Defensive decks on Wi-Fi own the majority of decks on thare ;)

Only useful in extreme situations. Sure, it may sound nice in the scenario where you have a Monarch and some other weakling and this and your opponent has five Gadgets on the field and attacks, but then you suddenly realize that that's never going to happen and just go back to running Threatening Roar instead.

Exellent combo with "Ojama Trio" to make up for the 3 missing Gadgets of your opponent's field ;)

This has no effect whatsoever with Ojama Trio.

you are telling me that "Ojama Tokens" are unaffected by this in some magical way?

I know its not the best nor the most consistent combo, and that ojamas are better with battle mania... but still... how isn't there any way that it could work? :?

Exellent combo with "Ojama Trio" to make up for the 3 missing Gadgets of your opponent's field ;)

This has no effect whatsoever with Ojama Trio.

you are telling me that "Ojama Tokens" are unaffected by this in some magical way?

I know its not the best nor the most consistent combo' date=' and that ojamas are better with battle mania... but still... how isn't there any way that it could work? :?

[/quote']

Ojama Trio Summons the Ojama Tokens in face-up Defense Position; ergo, they cannot attack; ergo, they are unaffected by Staunch Defender.

So, yeah, they are unaffected by this in some magical way - that magical way being that they cannot possibly attack anyhow.

Archived