Digimon: The Children from Mysidia [Epilogue is up] [PG-14]

The Warden

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a bit of a shorty. It was difficult trying to link everything up.

[spoiler=Chapter 53: Darkness: Ryo do you think I am?]

After Alex’s grim prophecy, no one said anything to anyone. Each was off in their own little world; even Demi and BK were still, just staring into the recesses of the Digi-egg of Purity. Blaze and Willis groaned every so often, with only Gaomon and Lop to comfort them. It was noticeable that the Digi-eggs had been lost as they escaped; either destroyed, or lost, whichever works. Drake kept catching glances of Alex, but he had to know. ‘How did you get that Digi-egg?’ he demanded. Alex looked at Drake with unfeeling eyes, they were clearer than ever. He smirked with self-satisfaction. ‘I figured one of you wanted to know how I obtained the egg. You are probably outraged that I myself got one, when you all worked so hard. Well, do not let me discourage you by saying I did work hard for my egg as well. I began working long before you even made it to those islands. After I collapsed, I faced the trial of Darkness’ Alex began.

Alex awoke in a darkened room. Small spheres of light illuminated small sections of the room, but not enough to clearly define if it even was a room. ‘Where am I?’ Alex demanded. ‘The Trial of Darkness’ a mournful voice answered. From the darkness, whatever answered seemed to be moaning. ‘Who are you?’ Alex demanded. ‘I am the ultimate being of darkness’ the sad voice answered. ‘That doesn’t answer my question’ Alex said coolly. It was almost as if the darkness nodded. ‘I guess so’ the voice considered. The small spheres grew in size to illuminate the room. Alex was standing on an enormous blue and gold planetoid. In the centre of it was a tall gangly Digimon. His skin was grayish and he sported a large cape. ‘Apocalypse’ Alex cried. ‘Indeed so, it is nice that you remember me’ Apocalypse said sadly. ‘Why are you here? Dystopia destroyed and absorbed you’ Alex stated. ‘Small fragments of my data escaped, desperate to find a host, they found solace in your dark mind. There I hid for many years, regretting my errors. Unfortunately, my power was too much for your mind, it degraded over time. The final straw was the erstwhile death of your sister. I tried to calm you, but you were lost to me. Only recently was I able to open the Trial of Darkness to you’ Apocalypse explained. ‘You’ve been living in my mind for seven years?’ Alex inquired. ‘You weren’t my first choice, but choice has little to do with my action. You were my only hope, but ever since then, I have known that I was beyond hope’ Apocalypse acknowledged sadly. ‘Great, I’ve spent the entire length of seven years with Emomon stuck in my head’ Alex sighed. ‘I deserve every insult tossed at me. Nevertheless, more important objectives take precedence here. What do you know about darkness?’ Apocalypse inquired.

Naomi was considering this part of the story as Alex took a break. ‘Apocalypse was in your mind?’ she inquired. ‘I don’t understand it either. But it was his decision not mine’ Alex replied. ‘So, the Trial of Darkness can only be unlocked by the ultimate being of Darkness, Apocalymon. But why didn’t he just use you to destroy Dystopia?’ Dom asked. ‘I’m getting to that’ Alex answered. ‘So what happened next?’ Vixen inquired.

‘Darkness? Well, I know that it is an evil force, opposed to the goodness of light’ Alex answered. Apocalypse shook his head. ‘No, darkness is an element, just like light. It has no affinity for good or evil. It just merely is, to oppose light. Everything requires an opposite. A good man creates love to care for all. An evil man creates hate to despise existence. Good and evil are completely dissimilar to dark and light’ he corrected. ‘How can you say that? Dark always commits evil, and the light is there to stop it. Digimon have proved that constantly’ Alex protested. ‘Really, EVERY Digimon proves this? Or are there those who do not?’ Apocalypse suggested. Alex raised an eyebrow, but thought on the matter and realized. ‘Demi and BK. They oppose that rule’ he answered. ‘Indeed they do. Vaccine Digimon can commit evil because they believe they are doing good. The Royal Knights are such a case. They defended the world, but their distrust between themselves and their goals drove them apart. The two knights that left their ranks, that is, Chaosmon and I, abandoned our ranks as Royal Knights due to that very reason. Chaosmon vanished from our sense and I went on to create the Dark Council. There, it all went downhill after I discovered Oblivimon’ Apocalypse stated. ‘You were responsible for Oblivimon?’ Alex inquired. ‘I found him, but I was not the cause of his destructive nature. Several of my inner circle manipulated him into his destructive nature. I personally could do nothing but watch as they used him to destroy the world, starting with the Digi-egg of Purity. That was, until the Soul Digimon and Omega appeared. It was there I knew it was over. I watched as Oblivimon destroyed those that betrayed me and absorbed their data. Oblivimon, as ENDmon was destroyed and absorbed by Omega to end the threat. Omega vanished and everything was stable. That was until Dystopia betrayed and absorbed me’ Apocalypse continued. ‘But now history repeats itself, a Soul Digimon lives, but what about Omega. Who was he?’ Alex inquired. ‘A powerful Digimon, that is all that can be said really’ Apocalypse replied.

‘So, the Dark Council was responsible for Oblivimon then, as they were now’ Drake summed up. ‘Essentially yes, however, Apocalypse was never responsible for either of those times. Those betrayed him that unleashed the beast upon this world, Apocalypse only ever wanted to create a good name for viruses’ Alex acknowledged. ‘So, what happened after that realization?’ Naomi asked.

‘A powerful Digimon is not an answer’ Alex stated. ‘My memories of Omega are mostly gone, all that I remember was that he was powerful’ Apocalypse protested. ‘Fine, be that way. But what about darkness? You say this is a trial, so what am I being trialed on?’ Alex inquired. ‘Oh that, well, you are to be tested on your knowledge of darkness. You are a vessel for it, but you let anger and hate control it and therefore you. You must let go of your negativity to be released of it all’ Apocalypse answered. ‘How can I? It constitutes who I am. No being could ever be fully released of anger and hate, it is impossible’ Alex countered. ‘You are thinking on this too literally Alex. I am not saying that you should be devoid of those prospects, but that you should not embrace them so readily’ Apocalypse corrected. Alex frowned at that. ‘How can I not embrace anger and hate after all that has happened to me? I have suffered more than most people have’ Alex protested. ‘What about me? I have suffered greatly throughout my entire existence. You have lived sixteen years and suffered for two. I have lived for years and have suffered throughout it. But suffering is not the point we are considering. We are considering your darkness. All you have to do is release yourself of anger and hatred, let it go so you can live’ Apocalypse pleaded. ‘I can’t, those who have hurt me must pay for what they have done’ Alex said stubbornly. ‘Is that really what you want?’ Apocalypse inquired. ‘What else can I live for?’ Alex countered. ‘Your sister, Shadow, those who have tried to help you’ Apocalypse suggested. ‘Those guys who keep getting in my way? Why should I live for them?’ Alex inquired. ‘Because, despite their verbal assaults and willingness to fight you, they do so to protect those precious to them, such as the Digital World itself’ Apocalypse answered. ‘They would fight even if they didn’t have a chance just to protect what is precious?’ Alex inquired. ‘It is not uncommon to fight for what you believe in’ Apocalypse replied. ‘Then I will fight for what I believe. I believe I can conquer the Digital World, so I shall’ Alex decided. ‘If that is your choice, but will you do so without anger and hate? Will you do so using the powers of a darkness devoid of anger and hate?’ Apocalypse inquired. ‘Well, Dystopia is gone, the Dark Council is pretty much dead. Who can I hate?’ Alex questioned. ‘No one really. However, do you wish to stick true to what you believe in? Or are you just saying that?’ Apocalypse questioned. ‘How can I be sure really? I might believe it, I might not. I will do what I can and whatever I can do achieve what I must’ Alex decided. Apocalypse smiled, it was slightly warming. ‘I see, well, I cannot stop you anymore. You have what you need, just don’t let anger and hate blind you. Oblivimon can make use of that’ Apocalypse warned. ‘I will, maybe’ Alex promised. ‘Good, also, those humans are on the Islands of DEeleven. I suggest you go there to find them. They will most likely visit the Tower of Miracles and Destiny’ Apocalypse added and everything went black.

‘That is why you decided to help us, just so you can remove a competitor from the race of conquering the world?’ Drake demanded. ‘Maybe I did, maybe I want to see this world live as much as you do’ Alex answered. ‘So, what happened after Apocalypse’s final words?’ Kev inquired. ‘I awoke during the day a few hours ago. Nestled in my arms was the Digi-egg of Darkness’ Alex answered. ‘I saw it with my own eyes. The egg just materialized in his arms as he kept having these convulsions. He eventually awoke and stated that we were to go to the Islands of DEeleven. We went there as fast as we could, reaching the Tower, we saw Drakath take off with you in him, so we followed you to the Island of Purity’ Shadow added. ‘That would explain the strange presence I felt on the journey there’ Drakath noted. ‘Indeed, but what’s done is done. You guys must stop Oblivimon at all costs’ Alex stated. ‘We will stop him, it’s what we do’ Steph promised.

Archived