Digimon: The Children from Mysidia [Epilogue is up] [PG-14]

The Warden

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome chapter BH.

And C-2' date=' I take back all the things I've thought about Alex. Maybe he isn't such a 'bad' guy either...just a child blinded by rage and sorrow...

Just as I was, a few weeks back.

[/quote']

HOLY CRAP

Never thought I'd see that one o.o

Ya, that was main idea when I made him. He was only evil because he lost trust in all things when the beings that had raised him had lied to him all his life, and saw his sister killed in front of him.

I personally think thats a pretty nice backstory

Also..I see a bit of emonism there o.o

So I just recently started this fic and so far it is pretty good. I am on Chapter 25 so I have allot to catch up on.

I liked the Holy City's evolution. It may not have been intentional but it was clever how the city turns into the summon Alexander from Final Fantasy (it' power seems equal to the power of the summon in FF9 as well).

Also Blue and Skull=Bulk and Skull. However they were too serious of characters to make the relationship anything but coincidence. If the relation was intentional you should have made them more goofy characters who have less than sinister goals (more incompetent villains who are merely trying to be nuisances but get pushed around into being crueler). Instead you made them dangerous villains who are just pushed around mercilessly by Naomi. I'm not complaining though since you probably did not intentionally make that power rangers reference.

Astamon is an awesome digimon (I submitted a character for one fic where he was an assassin who had a twisted sense of honor and spared people who were worthy opponents). It's strange though how Astamon's personality is mafia like but when he is not evolved he is sleepy and possibly the devil incarnate. It's quite a personality change for one level.

The biggest grief I have is probably the outrageous power the Warlock twins have (two champions wipe the floor with a mega level as well as previously slaughtering a large amount of Knightmon (who are ultimate level)). It is annoying but you mentioned it early on which somehow lessens the effect (in the early chapters the tamers get drunk since they know that the whole reason they are there is to just be meat shields for the warlock digimon). It might be interesting if you continue with this and make tension among the party due to the inferiority complex that developed due to the huge gap in power between the Warlock digimon and the rest of the digimon.

Also it seems odd that Drake experiences regret for what he did in chapter 16 (in his own way) acting upset over betraying Stephanie and admitting that he is a murderer (if you think that the people you killed are not human and deserve to die you will not be a murderer at least in your eyes). Yet he still slaughters digimon in chapter 23.

The biggest problems with any criticism I give is that I have no idea whether you already used it in the chapters I have yet to read.

Here is yet another uninteresting chapter.

[spoiler=Chapter 54: War Council; Yet Again Nothing Happens, Annoyed Aren’t Ya?]

Drakath landed inside the walls of Dramonia. Everyone was teleported out of the cannon, but there was an uncomfortable air around Alex. ‘Alex, despite the help you have provided in obtaining the Digi-egg of Purity, as of now, you are a prisoner of Dramonia’ Drakath stated. Shadow raised his blades protectively, but was waved down by Aban. ‘That can’t really happen Drakath. Alex by right of family ties is the prince of the Flower Villa. To do so would be an act of aggression’ he reasoned. There was silence as everyone looked at Aban. ‘What?’ he protested. ‘If that is the case, then close surveillance will have to suffice’ Drakath conceded. ‘I think it would be best for us to do so’ Steph volunteered. Alex shuddered loudly at this sickening display. ‘I’d prefer to be confined to a small room with a flickering light’ he mumbled. ‘Arrangements must be made’ Drakath stated and marched off. ‘What arrangements?’ Aban wondered, he then looked up and saw some large grey clouds. ‘STOP MOCKING ME!’ he cried. Only Alex was put off by this display. ‘Is that normal?’ he whispered to Drake. ‘Aban normal’ Drake whispered back.

Alex was incarcerated in one of the main bedrooms and was guarded by a man in grey and purple. A long scarf was tied around his neck and draped to his feet. Lydia and Jason walked past, but there was something about the guard that put them off. ‘Who’re you?’ Lydia inquired. The helmeted head looked down at both of them, and immediately seized them in a hug. ‘Nice to see you two again’ he said. ‘Do we know you?’ Jason croaked. The figure chuckled. ‘Its Cyber, this is my mega form: Justimon’ Cyber announced. ‘Wow’ Jason said adoringly. ‘Oh, you got to the mega form? What about the others?’ Lydia inquired. ‘Well, Growl evolved into his mega form Megidramon. Aero has yet to evolve, neither has Wing or Groundie. But we’re doing fine’ Cyber answered. ‘That’s nice; I guess’ Lydia said. Lydia and Jason moved on as Cyber resumed his post.

Steph and Gaomon was meeting with Drakath in the war room. ‘So, it has come to this?’ Steph inquired. ‘Indeed so. Many of my scouts and spies have found that Oblivimon has not only captured the Island of Purity, but is also raising an army of Digimon. This ‘Crimson Army’ has already captured several towns and villages. Their ranks swell with every successful capture. There is no choice, but all out war’ Drakath replied. Steph sighed. ‘There is no other way?’ she desperately asked. ‘No, there is not. Tomorrow, the rulers of the powers of the Digital World will meet her too swear unity towards our cause. You will be required to join this meeting as the mayor of the Holy City’ Drakath replied. Steph sighed and looked to the star filled roof. ‘To think, so little time ago I was an innocent nurse helping Digimon injured in battle with the forces of Lord Argos. I never intended to be caught up in the maelstrom of destiny surrounding Demi and BK’ Steph moaned. ‘It is not their destiny. You were all meant to meet and unite to save our world. Do not confuse destiny for coincidence’ Drakath warned. ‘But what if we cannot save the world? All our best efforts would’ve been for nothing if we cannot defeat Oblivimon. Defeating Argos, saving my brother, returning the power of the crests to the Islands of DEeleven and finding the Digi-egg of Purity; would it all have been for nothing?’ she sobbed. Gaomon comforted her, but Drakath remained stern. ‘You just need faith in yourself and our mission. It would have all been for naught IF we give up now. The others look up to you as their leader, we can’t give up’ Gaomon preached. Steph’s hand clasped Gaomon’s tightly. ‘I know, I know. But I want you to know Gaomon. Should I die on the field of battle, you must go on without me, no matter what’ Steph pleaded. ‘That won’t happen, I will guard you with my life’ Gaomon promised.

From a crack in the door, Demi was overhearing the meeting; BK was leaning on the near wall. ‘I promise you Steph, we WILL NOT let it be for nothing’ he promised. ‘Don’t make such a promise when you’re so emotional’ BK warned. ‘I can’t help it, the poor girl is crying’ Demi replied. BK rose from the wall and walked off, Demi followed him. ‘It is a promise we cannot make to them. Should we win this fight and save the world, you know we cannot save them from sorrow knowing what we must do’ BK stated. ‘I know BK; I just hate having to leave them. This has been the best two years of our life’ Demi pleaded. ‘I know, but we cannot worry about such things when the fate of the world is at stake. Now, you know what we must do, starting with Alex’ BK replied. ‘Yes, I know’ Demi conceded.

It was late at night, and Gaomon didn’t find Steph in her bed. He stalked around the hallways, until he came upon a room with a half-closed door. Bright light was pouring out of it. He opened the door slowly to find the room was a small studio, paintings covered the walls, and Steph was sitting by an easel. She was painting the crest of light, but frustratedly ripped it up. She retrieved a fresh sheet of paper and repeated. ‘Shouldn’t you be in bed?’ Gaomon inquired. Steph jumped and streaked a pink line across the page. ‘Don’t startle me Gaomon’ Steph panted. ‘Sorry, there’s just something ominous and slightly unwholesome about painting at night’ Gaomon apologized. Steph smiled, but it was devoid of warmth. ‘Sorry about that, I couldn’t sleep. I came across this room by accident. I’ve been trying to draw random things, but I can’t seem to get the Crest of Light right’ Steph admitted. ‘Well, you should get some rest. You need a clear head for tomorrow’ Gaomon said and closed the door. ‘Yeah’ Steph said and returned to the ruined page. She removed it and got a new sheet. From a nearby pot, she grabbed a shade of blue and began painting.

The War Room was dimly lit by large candles, and many Digimon were sitting at a large rectangular table. Steph was sitting near the top of the table, in-between Blaze and Andros. Standing behind her was Gaomon, Drake and Impmon. Lila waved enthusiastically from down the table. ‘I hear the news is not too good’ Andros whispered to Steph. Steph remained quiet as Drakath grabbed everyone’s attention. ‘My dear comrades, I am certain that you understand why I have called you here. Oblivimon has returned to this world yet again to destroy it. Whilst we do not possess the might of Omega and the Soul Digimon this time around; in turn we possess the might of an entire world’ Drakath began. ‘And whose fault is this? Those humans were responsible for preventing this calamity’ a Pukumon cried. ‘Whilst they were incapable of preventing Oblivimon’s INEVITABLE rebirth, they were successful in claiming the Digi-egg of Purity’ Drakath announced. There was mumbling down the table as Andros cheerfully congratulated Steph. ‘So, if the inevitable disaster is averted, then why is it so vital for us to unify to stop Oblivimon?’ a GranKuwagamon inquired. ‘Because, Oblivimon will not stop until he has it. My scouts have reported that he is raising an army, with each fallen town his swarm grows larger. We must consolidate our forces to stop the Crimson Army’ Drakath pleaded. The mutterings echoed across the table, yet Steph remained quiet. ‘This matter is most damning, but are you then admitting that the forces of the ever mighty Dramonia are not up to the task of defeating them?’ a voice inquired. Before Drakath could answer, a fist slammed the table.

Steph was shaking as she raised her fist and herself. ‘This is not a matter of pride or power. This about the safety of our world from an all-consuming force. You may think this is a joke, for those that do, leave immediately’ Steph ordered shakily. No one moved from their seat. ‘Good, it seems then that you understand the gravity of our situation. Oblivimon is nobody’s fool; he is cunning, intelligent and above all, powerful. He is a Digimon not to be taken lightly, nor is he something you can ignore. If he threatens one province, he threatens the whole world. We must worry about our own personal agendas, as of now, we all have one agenda. Save our world. Those that refuse this, are free to leave’ she continued. Yet again, no one stirred; everyone was in awe of this girl. ‘Good, it would seem then that we are in agreement. Oblivimon will attack at a completely random point of time, so we must prepare in earnest. All forces in all provinces must unite on the front of battle, you are dismissed’ Steph ordered. Everyone began to rise from their chairs and left with their aids, leaving only Steph, Gaomon, Drake, Impmon and Drakath behind. ‘You can certainly make an impact on people’ Drake mused. ‘I am not here to make an impact; I am here to do what is right. I hate this unnecessary battle. There is no excuse for such lose of life, but we must do it. For all those who live, in past present or future, we do it for them’ Steph replied.

News from the meeting leaked across the castle. Demi and BK picked up bits of it as they stalked their way to Alex’s room. From a corner, they watched as Lila entered his room. BK stealthily snuck up behind Cyber and pointed his staff at his head. ‘Sleep’ he whispered. Pink bubbles surrounded his head and he collapsed. They enter the room and confront Alex, Lila and Shadow. ‘There is something we need you to do’ Demi began.

Ahh, I ws hoping I could finish my Dark digimon before you made the next chapter.

I got a couple of them done (it's difficult since I am making each one a likable and powerful digimon with their own back story).

I liked how Aban proved to be useful this time, he thinks all the time but he usually jut winds up appearing insane because of it.

He's right about the clouds you know.

Don't worry Fallen. Those ruins can only be found by human hand. Also Nexev, in answer to a previous remark, it was intentional that I made ElDradimon become Alexander, it just seemed, right.

Also, after going a bit click happy, I have learned that Children from Mysidia is in the top 15 most viewed Fics. I also have the most replies; half were spam granted but still.

I have a question.

Dystopia revealed that the Warlock twins originate from a emulator for Final Fantasy IV. If that is so then is it not both likely and awesome that people more heavily tied into that game (such as Golbez) were not also created from the very same emulator?

Just wanted to make sure, could be a good special if you plan on making any of those.

@Fallen: My mom did, you see, thanks to time travel technology in the future I AM THE TRAINER OF THE PAST!

*Cue thunderbolts and dramatic music*

No Fallen, I already made the tamer, hence, I do not need to make him considering he is already made. Also, when it comes to the FF IV stuff, I'm not 100% positive on what else to bring from it really.

Also, I'm putting the chaps on hold until Nexev finishes submitting his charries, no pressure man

Archived