Digimon: The Children from Mysidia [Epilogue is up] [PG-14]

The Warden

Well, looks like the sheet has hit the fan here. Full scale war, I hope it goes well.

[spoiler=Chapter 56: And so, it Begins]

It was three days since the meeting with the Raging Elementals. Steph was looking at herself in a large mirror. Her uniform was pure white, with golden trim lining the edges. The uniform was starchy and stiff, but it fit well enough. A brown belt was tied at her waist for some reason, maybe style. The pants followed the same colouring, until the knees. She was wearing a pair of knee length black boots, shined to a finish. She sighed as she felt on the belt for the small dagger holster by her side. The door to the room cracked open and Drake entered through it. His uniform was the same in design, except that his colouring was black with gold trim. ‘You ready? They’re about to brief’ he reported. Steph gave him a desperate look, but he stood firm. ‘I don’t like this as much as you do, but we have no choice. Oblivimon stands firm to destroying everything, and we in turn must stop him. Now chin up, you’ll demoralize the troops’ he added and left. Steph followed him out into the hallway.

The briefing was between all leaders in the war room. Drakath was in his Fighter Mode, and waiting patiently. Steph took her seat by Andros and Drake took his position behind her. ‘Oblivimon is planning to attack by dusk today. We have naught but eleven hours to mobilize and meet his army on the field of battle. I assign the trust of each nation to a commander from that place. I am leading the forces of Dramonia, and I trust you will select your commanders wisely’ he stated. ‘Well, Bolt and I will both command the forces of the Machine Empire’ Andros reported. ‘I have a battle ready MetalSeadramon who will lead my men’ Pukumon announced. ‘Granny and I will lead the forces of the Flower Villa’ Lila announced. Each leader in turn gave their commander, save for Steph. Everyone was looking at her expectantly. ‘My commander for the forces of the Holy City will be my brother Drake’ she stated. There were hushed gasps down the table. ‘Are you certain that you should entrust your forces to someone with such a record?’ a voice inquired. ‘My decision stands. The fate of this world is in our hands, we should not be worrying who’s hands that is’ she replied and rose from her seat. ‘The meeting is not over’ Drakath stated. ‘It is for me’ Steph answered and departed the room, everyone following her path. Drake took her seat and ignored the eying he was receiving. ‘I suggest we get down to business. We have an army to make, let us not waste time on pleasantries’ he stated sternly.

Charlie, Dom and Aban were waiting in another chamber. Each wore the same black and gold uniform, yet only Aban was panicking. ‘This is big; we have so little time until Oblivimon attacks’ he fretted. ‘Let him come, we have no fears or regrets Aban. We have come this far, why chicken out now?’ Dom inquired. ‘He’s right. We’ve fended ourselves so far, even if we all die, if the world is saved, I wouldn’t mind living my next life as a Digimon, as long as I could be with the one I love’ Charlie added. ‘How can you guys be so calm? If we lose to Oblivimon, there is no coming back’ he pleaded. The door creaked open, and Vixen, Phasco and Keras entered, Phasco was in Vixen’s arms. Vixen was wearing a uniform as well, tailored to her body shape. It was orange with purple trim. Keras silently floated over to Aban and slapped him to the floor. ‘Calm down’ he said coolly. Aban rose unsteadily, a hand to the slap mark. ‘Thanks Keras, I needed that’ he said. ‘And a few other things’ Dom said under his breath. ‘Charlie, everyone, come on. Steph wants our own private meeting’ Vixen reported. He nodded and followed her out, with the others tailing them.

Lydia, Jason, Ko and Lop were camping out on one of the terraces. Lydia had a black and white uniform, whilst Jason had a white and black one. ‘Jason, have you ever been truly afraid?’ Lydia inquired. ‘I guess so, this battle has me crapping myself’ Jason replied. ‘I’m just as afraid. I know we’ve faced battles before, but not a worldwide war’ Lydia fretted. ‘A worldwide war, with our home as the prize’ Lop stated. ‘Aye, a glorious battle, though, I have the strangest feeling that this has happened before’ Ko added. ‘Have there been many wars?’ Jason inquired. ‘Some between countries and nations, but not anything like this. I doubt Oblivimon caused a war last time’ Ko replied. ‘How long ago did Oblivimon attack the world?’ Lydia inquired. ‘No one knows, no one can even remember anymore. It was a very long time, though that does not explain how Demi and BK had his data, despite surfacing two years ago’ Lop answered. Vixen and Charlie passed the opening to the terrace, as did Aban and Keras. Dom stopped and approached them. ‘Steph has called a meeting, come on’ he ordered and walked off. Each got up and sighed. They followed Dom out. ‘This will be riveting’ Ko noted.

Already in the meeting room was Steph and Gaomon, Kev with Magnet were already seated, and in a corner Alex and Shadow. Eye contact was avoided as each took their seat. Everyone took their seat, leaving four empty ones. ‘Drake will be here soon, he’s just finishing in the war council’ Steph stated. ‘Why is he there and not you?’ Dom inquired. ‘I appointed Drake the commander of the forces of the Holy City. What happens in that council is none of my business’ Steph replied. ‘At least you passed the baton on too a more capable person’ Alex added. Gaomon flashed him an angry look. ‘Don’t start doggy’ Shadow warned. ‘Whatever the case is, our battle is on the field. What destiny we face is there’ Steph continued. The door swung open, and Drake walked in with Imp following him. They took their seats, leaving only two empty. ‘There’s two missing’ Aban noticed. ‘Demi and BK’ Keras answered. ‘They’re coping in their own way, they are not needed here’ Gaomon stated. ‘But we’re their defenders. Their destiny is to destroy Oblivimon, and we must clear the way there. We accepted that mission ever since before we clashed with Argos. They need to be here’ Charlie protested. ‘Whatever their choice is, we cannot change it’ Kev countered.

The Digimon in question were on the walls of Dramonia. Demi and BK had taken over the sentry box, and were waiting. ‘We cannot trust this to chance. Whatever happens from now on, is none of our concern’ BK protested. ‘We cannot ignore a war that is happening BK. Though it is easy for you to ignore death, we must fight in this war. We must protect what has become precious too us, no matter the cost’ Demi countered. ‘Even if we do, nothing will change in the end. Oblivimon is our only priority, nothing else matters in this fight’ BK reminded him. ‘Our friends don’t matter? Our allies and home don’t matter? The fate of the very world does not matter?’ Demi demanded. ‘They matter, but to other people. I am severing my ties to avoid the pain. You know what happens after we win. You know the promise we made once the world was saved’ BK answered. ‘I know, but I care for them. Ever since we lost Theodore, they’re the only ones who have ever cared for us. It is painful to lose them’ Demi conceded. BK placed a hand on his brother’s shoulder, and looked him directly in the eye. ‘It is painful, for us and them. We do this because we must. We cause more harm than good; our last act should be to promise them a good future’ BK stated.

It was many hours later, when the leaders and higher ups had all assembled before Drakath. When every army had been prepared and kitted, it was then that they marched. Across a sandy desert, every Digimon stood in line. Different forces all mingled under one great banner: ‘The United Digital World’. Drake was at the front of his lines, near to the edge where Andros and Bolt were. Behind them were their three Jinmon. ‘You seem nervous’ Andros noted as the marched. ‘Never directed a battle before’ Drake replied. ‘It gets easier over time, let us just pray that it never will though’ Andros commented. Drake mumbled a word of approval and began sliding back to the centre of his column. He could feel the sweat, fear and lust that was in the air. The desert ground they walked on gave way to hard brittle rock. They had moved on to a large open field. In the far-off distance, a crimson glow emanated. ‘Oblivimon has been busy, there are many different Digimon breeds there. Oddly, there seems to be ten Digimon who do not give the same crimson radiance’ Andros noted. This thought went wasted as the army stopped. Over the roars, a booming voice echoed. ‘PREPARE TO CHARGE!’ Drakath cried. Each commander in turn repeated the order. ‘STAND-BY FOR ATTACK!’ Andros and Bolt cried. ‘PREPARE TO ATTACK!’ Drake cried. The same orders seem to be repeated on the opposite side. ‘CHARGE!’ Drakath screamed. ‘CHARGE!’ each voice added as with blood curdling cried, both armies raced towards each other, weapons raised.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, my characters appear!

My rep offer to find the theme of the characters I made still stands. (The theme might be a bit obscure though).

So now their is a huge digimon war about to begin. Why at a desert though? Their is no strategic value in obtaining that area. Usually in a war one side goes and attacks a specific area and the other side has to go and defend the area if they can gather the troops, then while that army is advancing the defenders gather troops an push them back. I do not believe that a war begins with two sides deciding to attack the same place at the same time.

Yay' date=' my characters appear!

My rep offer to find the theme of the characters I made still stands. (The theme might be a bit obscure though).

So now their is a huge digimon war about to begin. Why at a desert though? Their is no strategic value in obtaining that area. Usually in a war one side goes and attacks a specific area and the other side has to go and defend the area if they can gather the troops, then while that army is advancing the defenders gather troops an push them back. I do not believe that a war begins with two sides deciding to attack the same place at the same time.

[/quote']

That's more or less a long term war.

I'm guessing Broken is going for that epic battle theme. Also, what does the opposing force have to gain from conquering the other force's land? Nothing. He could just crush it in a single swipe.

I am working on the next chapter, which will be full of a little boring, win and death. Off topic, Legend Zero made it for me, if you forget he's the owner of the Digimon Alliance. Also, in this chap, I would like to add that the song was added because I like it, not because it possesses any significant meaning.

[spoiler=Chapter 57: Enter the Crimson Huskarls; A Greeting of Destruction]

The results of the first battle went poorly in the direction of the UDW. Many casualties were made from the relentless strikes of the Crimson Army. There had been many reports of super natural Digimon, laying waste to many of the UDW soldiers. A retreat had been ordered and most of the army managed to flee, with the ones at the back suffering only minor wounds. The army managed to set up camp in a large canyon, with only one gap for entry and exits. It was safety, and a deathtrap.

Drake was lying in his own tent, reminiscing about the battle. He couldn’t remember much, all he could remember was the cry of ‘CHARGE!’, and then everything went blank. There sudden cries from outside, sparring him little time to grab his blade and rushing outside. There were no fires, no screaming or burning torment. Many of the warriors were fleeing from a large feline knight Digimon at the entrance of the camp. Naturally, the others had caught up with him as they approached the Digimon, who was standing patiently. ‘Who are you?’ Steph demanded. The creature’s unfeeling eyes looked at her, before jumping to each of them. ‘I am Richardmon, leader of the Crimson Army and one of the ten Crimson Huskarls. I am here to discuss the terms of your surrender’ he stated. There were hushed whispers as Drakath and any of the braver commanders approached him. ‘We will not surrender to the likes of you or Oblivimon’ Drakath stoically stated. There was a sigh from behind a tent as an odd demon Digimon appeared behind it and approached. He was wearing prison stripes and was dragging a large iron ball. ‘Your surrender would mean less of this heartless bloodshed. Our army is vastly superior to yours, surrendering would save the lives of many Digimon’ it pleaded. ‘Whilst damning the lives of every Digimon alive’ Drake countered. There was a light chuckle as from behind the feline came an elegantly dressed ogre. ‘I can see you do not share our opinion in this matter, surely a sad thing. We could all be friends if you are willing to save everyone from destruction’ it stated. ‘Has anyone noticed that the writer is purposely making us ignore the timeline in this story?’ Aban inquired. Everyone looked at him with disdain. ‘I see we cannot change your mind, so be it. We, the Crimson Huskarls will see you on the field of battle, where every fate shall be decided. We will attack in three hours; make your last preparations’ the lion Digimon stated and vanished, along with his comrades. Everyone cast despairing glances to the troops.

The forces of the UDW had remobilized and were waiting for their enemies at the mouth of the canyon. The humans and their partners had boldly taken the front. There were large explosive sounds being heard, and every Digimon cringed with anticipation. Dom and Drake were looking around with quick darts, until different tones of laughter were heard. From under the sand, the Raging Elementals rose up, and they didn’t look too happy. Toxica was wiping sand from his slimy body, whilst Pazu brutally brushed her hair. ‘Golbius, this is why we don’t hide in the sand’ she hissed as the sand fell from it. Golbius was shaking sand from his joints. ‘It seemed a clever maneuver in foresight’ he replied, then addressed their foes. ‘You may have pushed us aside before, but now the aces are up our sleeves. We can attack to our pleasure, but you humans will of course not risk big attacks to save your comrades, no’ Golbius mocked. ‘Not really, we can still beat you up at our leisure’ Dom replied loftily. ‘R-Really?’ Toxica moaned. ‘Oh ya, our troops will of course be retreating as we speak. They’re very intelligent warriors, and know how to keep out of unwanted fights’ Naomi replied. ‘Oh, well, we’ll still try’ Golbius stated, though slightly deflated. ‘Well, five on five sounds fair. Who will you have fight?’ Vulknis inquired. ‘Well, from our side we’ll send in Drake, Naomi, Aban, Alex and Charlie’ Steph stated. ‘That’s fine; I need to warm up before the real deal anyways’ Drake said as the selected five stepped forward.

After a quick set of Digivolutions, everyone was lined up ready for the main event. ‘Fools, you sent yourselves in without realizing our combination attacks, everyone FIRE!’ Golbius cried. ‘Corrosion Breath’ Toxica hissed, spraying a wall of putrid brown gases. They snaked along, until they were directed into the tornado surrounding Pazu, who began coughing. ‘DAMNIT TOXICA!’ she gagged. Garganta chuckled meanly. ‘Serves you right’ he rumbled. ‘WANNA GO FATTY?!’ Pazu screeched. The sound of something breaking was heard. Garganta’s right eye began to twitch. ‘Nobody calls me FATTY!’ he roared. With a swing of his feet, he struck Pazu straight into Vulknis, whose mantle blew when near the winds. ‘These are like, the worst villains ever’ Naomi remarked. Golbius sighed and snapped an armoured finger, unleashing a horrible noise. The Raging Elementals (minus Toxica) stopped yelling and looked at him. ‘We’re meant to be fighting the humans, not each other’ he said unusually calmly. Each Elemental looked guiltily at each other, muttering apologies. ‘Everyone’ Drake began. ‘Corona Blaster’ Beelzemon roared. ‘Amethyst Mandela’ Vixen added. ‘Web Wrecker’ Keras roared. ‘Rinkageki’ Shadow cried. ‘Darkness Love’ Lilith ended. All five attacks united into one large wave. The Elementals cried as they were all struck by the large blast and launched off. ‘We’re blasting off again’ they all cried as they faded into the horizon.

The victory had proved bitter; one nuisance was gone, whilst another remained. Once more on the horizon, the crimson glow reappeared. Though silent, the very beat of their steps resonated as they approached. It was a solid, pounding noise. ‘What on earth?’ Vixen cried. Drakath laughed confidently. ‘Ah, finally they’re here’ he stated. From the top of the cliff, several large, heavily armoured Digimon appeared. Each was armed with three large cannons, each incredibly large. ‘Those Cannondramon finally arrived’ he laughed. ‘Grenade Storm’ each Digimon roared in turn. From the enormous cannons, several large shells were launched off into the distance, leaving large explosions in the enemy army. ‘Excellent, we may have a chance’ Lydia cheered. ‘Divine Providence’ a voice echoed across the area. From the enemy lines, a large beam of light jetted across, blasting straight through a Cannondramon and scattering it into data, which vanished. ‘We cannot rely on long range attacks. We must attack now’ Blaze pleaded. ‘Agreed, everyone, CHARGE!’ Drakath cried, his voice carrying over the plains.

Both sides had rushed into each other, a repeat of before. The rocky terrain and levels of it altered the field of battle. Steph herself was fighting off a pair of Ninjamon, before they retreated immediately. Many of the Digimon surrounding her panned out as the feline Digimon approached once again. He held a large claymore in his right hand. ‘I told you that we would meet on the field of battle. I am afraid to say that it stops here. I. Richardmon of the ten Crimson Huskarls will defeat you. Each Huskarl holds a portion of our lord’s power. Our level is Super Ultimate’ he proudly stated. Steph and Gaomon both gave a low growl. ‘Super Ultimate or not, we will not allow you to destroy the world’ they cried together. Steph raised her digivice high into the air. ‘WARP DIGIVOLVE’ she shouted above the din of battle. Gaomon was covered in the familiar column of yellow light, quickly replacing his form with Miragegaogamon. ‘Careful, the terrain I not suited to your large size’ she warned. Richard sighed, as he raised his sword. ‘I do not enjoy this slaughter, but my loyalty is to Oblivimon. My honour is my shield and sword and he is my guiding spirit. With these gifts, I shall cut down the wicked’ he proclaimed. ‘We’ll see’ Mirage retorted and rose into the air.

On another field, Drake and Beelze were cutting down enemies with mercy. Streams of data and crimson energy snaked across the field, they were almost untouchable. Their enemies began to thin, seemingly more interested in something else as the familiar demon approached; its iron ball and chain clanking noisily as it approached. It looked heavy, but the creature took no notice of it. ‘I hate all this hideous fighting and death. In truth, I wished for a peaceful resolve. Funny how one can be so calm when one’s will is defied’ it mused as it approached. Beelze stood on guard as Drake cautiously raised his blade. ‘You look as if you wish for battle’ the demon remarked. ‘And you’re not?’ Drake countered. ‘No, I do not enjoy senseless conflict, nor conflict of any kind. I suppose that would seem ridiculous to you, a pacifist demon. It was conflict that drove me into this position, but I know Oblivimon can create a new and peaceful world, provided those who do not wish it are removed. I must warn you, do not try to fight any further, only pain and suffering await for you at the end’ the demon said with a hint of melancholy. ‘But if you do not fight, how can you ever protect what is most dear to you?’ Beelze demanded. ‘By guarding what is most dear to you closely. I failed to do that before, and let the worst situation fly out of control. Now, I have nothing that needs protecting, I believe in my lord’s power, and now, as Valjeamon of the Crimson Huskarls, I plead for you to lay down your weapons and surrender’ Jean pleaded. Drake dropped his head and his fringe covered his eyes. He grinned widely and looked at Jean with a manic look in his eye. ‘If I had surrendered ten years ago, I wouldn’t have had the strength to wallow in that miserable cell for that period of time’ he laughed. Jean’s eye twitched. ‘I guess if I had your resolve, I wouldn’t have suffered as I did in my cell’ Jean admitted. ‘I did much to gain that comfy little cell, and when granted my freedom, I continued my dark path. I would be lying if I said that I did what I did to strengthen my sister’ Drake replied. ‘I see, but I want you to know, I will defend myself, but I will not fight’ Jean warned. Drake and Beelze grinned. ‘Fine with us’ Drake declared.

Kevin (as Gavitismon) was fighting off masses of enemy Digimon, cutting through masses of Digimon with the Gravity Sword attack, every one of them the scattering into vanished particles and crimson energy. The enemy Digimon began to thin as a black figure approached him, it was a black humanoid that generated a faint sound similar to blowing wind. Much of the destroyed ground was floating around it. It gave the impression that it is just trying to maintain its form. ‘You’re a Crimson Huskarl I presume’ Kevin said. ‘Indeed, I am Singularitymon, but you may call me Black Hole’ Black said dully. ‘Hmm, you don’t sound very interested in the very fate of the world’ Kev remarked. ‘WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW?!’ Black shouted angrily. ‘Are you okay?’ Kev inquired. ‘I’m sorry about that’ Black said timidly. ‘I am going to say that you have no control of your own emotions. Frankly, I’d hate to see what happens when you switch to a loving mood’ Kev mused. Black’s form seemed to become more solid, was he cringing. ‘Never deny love, you lose too much if you don’t truly explain your feelings for a person’ Black cried. Kev was put off by this new outburst, it was angry or sad, it was, regretful. ‘Love, Stephanie’ Kev thought. ‘This conversation is now out of hand, we’d best commit ourselves to the fight at hand’ he digressed. ‘Agreed, I will not go easy on you’ Black warned. ‘Fine with me’ Kev confidently replied.

Richard took the initiative in the fight and had already downed Mirage with a single sword strike. Mirage’s armour creaked as he rose from the ground. ‘Very clever, but that won’t help you. Double Crescent Mirage’ Mirage countered, launching the golden crescents at Richard. ‘Crusade’ Richard countered, swinging his blade down, splitting the ground and launching a wave of hold energy, slicing through each attack and striking Mirage in the chest. A cut was left in the plate just below his neck. ‘This battle was decided before it began. You cannot defeat me in your current state’ Richard warned. Steph had taken cover near by behind some rocks, and she wasn’t pleased. ‘Nothing is written in stone Richard’ she cried. Richard’s focus was on Mirage, but his mind set on Steph. ‘The will of Oblivimon is eternal. I must defeat those who go against my lord with all my might’ Richard zealantly answered. Steph rose from her cover and approached. ‘I don’t claim to understand you, but I know you are honourous man. But I warn you now, you will not find honour with Oblivimon’ she warned. Richard grimaced as he raised his blade at her. ‘You must understand that my loyalty to Oblivimon is unwavering, he will lead us into a world where honour need not be earned, but that which comes naturally. Getting in my way will result in your demise’ Richard replied. There was a slight pause as a blast flew through the air and took Richard with it. Steph’s hair fluttered as it went past, and she looked at Mirage, who was kneeling on his left knee. ‘I would never let anyone harm you’ he promised. Steph smiled as she tracked the blast to thirty feet away, Richard was still standing, but was covered by black marks. ‘How inconsiderate. We were having a pleasant conversation, and you had to go and do that’ Richard remarked and walked back. ‘I am not going to let you hurt my partner’ Mirage growled. ‘I see, but who are you trying to convince?’ Richard inquired. Mirage was silent. ‘I see, but I am afraid that you must end. Holy War!’ Richard cried, raising his blade to the sky. The sky seemed to split as many holy angels spilled out from it. The angels flew towards Mirage, who watched them cautiously. Each raised a sword and began attacking them, digging into certain grooves in the armour. Mirage began to swing wildly with his claws to knock them off.

Drake and Beelze were facing off against Jean, who was doing nothing. Beelze raised his positron cannon and aimed it straight at Jean. ‘Corona Blaster’ he cried. Energy began charging in the mouth of the cannon. ‘Fire’ Drake ordered. A thick purple blast was fired from the cannon at Jean, who was struck by the attack. A large smoke cloud covered the field, but it was quickly swept away to find that Jean was mostly unharmed. ‘If worth the effort, how futile’ Jean said lazily. ‘Fine, if that is the way you want to play, so be it’ Drake conceded and prepared his blade. He rushed at Jean and swung his blade, Jean countered with the chain that connected to the iron ball. Sparks flew as Drake tried to force Jean down, but the Digimon was too strong, as was the chain. Jean pushed him off to the ground. ‘I am the second strongest Crimson Huskarl, Sharky of course being the strongest. To defeat me in armed combat is impossible’ Jean stated. ‘What are you? Terminally depressed?’ Drake demanded. ‘No, I just do not wish to fight such a fruitless battle’ Jean replied. ‘Fruitless? Look around you you damned demon. This battle is going to decide the very fate of the world; every one battle is a battle for this world’ Drake replied. Jean was silent by this, looking at the iron ball attached to his leg. ‘Would you say that if you remembered your past misdeeds?’ Jean inquired. ‘What?’ Drake replied. ‘Les Miserables’ Jean answered. The iron ball grew a new chain, which snaked across the ground and clasped onto Drake’s leg. ‘Eh?’ he said dumbly. He cried loudly as he covered his face. Images and words whizzed past in his mind. ‘ENOUGH! I am sick of you standing up for these freaks. You are too compassionate, but we can strip that away in time. Drake McPhilleas, we have observed your actions and cannot be forgiven, not by human, not by Digimon. FORGIVE ME!? FORGIVE ME!? I DON’T THINK YOU’VE SEEN WHAT I HAVE DONE! I’ve betrayed the only one that ever cared for me. She denied me right to my face, something no one could truly understand. You understand nothing about me’. Each seen played as Drake moaned. ‘What can you gain from showing me this?’ he demanded. ‘I wanted to see’ Jean replied sadly.

‘Gravity Cannon’ Kev cried, firing an invisible blast at his foe. There was a hideous sucking noise heard as it struck. ‘Gravity Cannon’ Black repeated and fired the contained blast. Kev was blasted into a nearby rock wall, well, let’s not mince words, he was plastered to it. He grunted as he ripped himself from the wall. ‘I am a black hole, and thus can condense the power of any attack and send it back at my foe’ Black bragged. ‘Then obviously physical attacks will take you. Modify: Ragnarok’ he cried. Two large energy blades appeared on each of his arms. One hummed with a red blade, the other a blue one. Black didn’t even defend himself as Kev flew straight at him and cut through. Black was cut in half, but both parts slowly rejoined. ‘You cannot cut me in half, I have no matter to be cut’ Black replied. ‘What the hell? Why won’t you die?’ Kev demanded. ‘I am a super ultimate level Digimon, possessing a portion of Oblivimon’s great power. Do you think I can be easily destroyed? No, I won’t be defeated easily. But you bore me, I am going to destroy you quickly’ Black stated, jumping from bored to sadistic quickly. Black began to project the same sucking noise, but it was more forceful. Kev began to slowly slide towards Black, each inch becoming more forceful. ‘Damnit, I guess I’m not as mighty as I thought I was’ he mused as the force become too powerful and he was sucked into the black void that made Black.

Mirage was panting slowly; he had suffered attacks from several Holy War attacks and one more would be his end. ‘You cannot win, through the will of my lord I am unbeatable’ Richard proclaimed. ‘No one is undefeatable, even if it may cost our lives, you and Oblivimon shall be destroyed’ Steph shrieked. Richard looked at Steph, who was by Mirage’s foot. ‘You don’t think so?’ he inquired. ‘No, no one is unbeatable. Our long journey has taught us to fight together and apart to achieve our mighty power and strength. By every force we possess, we SHALL DESTROY YOU!’ Steph cried. Her Digivice reacted wildly; golden light began to break out from every orifice as Mirage shared that light. ‘Burst Mode activate’ Steph cried. Golden light broke through every crack in Mirage’s armour as it consumed him in light. His armour cracked and shattered revealing new armour underneath it. His cape was gone, and replaced with long white hair. From nowhere, Mirage drew a large glowing sickle and mace combo. ‘MirageGaogamon Burst Mode’ he declared. Steph cheered wildly as Richard looked on in awe. ‘Such radiant light’ he remarked. ‘Full Moon Meteor Impact’ Mirage cried and slammed the mace straight on Richard. It was removed to find Richard in the small crater. ‘That actually hurt’ he moaned. Both Steph and Mirage were on guard as Richard shakily rose up. ‘You have found a greater power, now I can unleash mine’ Richard stated and raised his sword on high. ‘Grand Templar’ he shouted. Clouds filled the sky, but a small gap was left as a column of light filtered down on Richard. A chorus of hallelujah played as a helmet covered Richard’s face and a pair of soft, feathered wings covered his back. He vanished quickly before appearing in just above Mirage’s chest. ‘Crusade’ he said quickly, leaving a large crack in Mirage’s chest plate and driving him to the ground. ‘Farewell my foe’ Richard declared and dive bombed at Mirage. Steph herself was running up Mirage’s arm as Richard approached.

There was a splattered of blood as Richard’s blade drove straight through Steph, slowing the blade as it slightly impaled Mirage’s chest. The blade had run through the left side of her chest. Richard was shaking as he removed his hands from the handle of the blade. He was repeatedly gasping shallowly. ‘Never before, have I seemed such a noble…. to kill such a noble soul, is monstrous’ Richard said despairingly. He leapt of Mirage and began walking. ‘How could I have?’ he continued. He groaned loudly as a crimson aura consumed Richard. ‘Richard, are you betraying me?’ Oblivimon inquired. ‘No my lord, but to have done such an ignoble thing like killing the innocent’ Richard pleaded. ‘You swore fealty to me Richard. You are to destroy MirageGaogamon and continue the war’ Oblivimon ordered. Richard tossed his helmet to the ground, one of his eyes was glowing with crimson energy. ‘I’m sorry my lord, I cannot obey that command’ Richard said sadly. ‘I see’ Oblivimon said in an amused fashion. Richard was soundless as his form began to warp; it stretched out, widened and wriggled uncontrollably as his very form expanded, each piece of armour breaking as his body became too wide to accommodate it. Mirage watched with disgusted fascination as Richard kept expanding, a tear might have been on his face as he exploded in a shower of data. Wisps of crimson energy streaked out, dissolving Richard’s data and vanishing. Mirage ignored Richard after his death as he took Steph’s small form and placed it on the ground. He glew with golden energy as he returned to Gaomon. The sword had vanished with Richard, but the wounds had not. Gaomon held Steph with his small arms. Her breathing was shallow, but she managed to keep one eye open. ‘I told you that I would protect you. I promised, but you are the one who saved me’ Gaomon moaned with tears. ‘I told you didn’t I? I told you that should I die on the field of battle, you are to go on without me’ she said weakly. ‘No, we have been together for so long. It cannot end now’ he cried. Steph chuckled as the clasp on her Digivice was released and it fell to the ground. She weakly picked it up and handed it to Gaomon. ‘No matter what, I will always be by your side. Even if you’re alone, I will be there to guide you’ she whispered. Steph’s body glew with light as she scattered into small data fragments. Gaomon’s hands went through the particles, clasping on to nothing. Tears streamed from his face as he tried to hug the place where Steph rested. He raised his head up and let loose a low, mournful howl as he clasped her Digivice.

Drake was suffering from each vision, Beelze was desperately shaking him. A low howl cut across the battlefield. Drake’s delirium shattered as he looked off into the direction of the howl. He took a step and the chain on his leg shattered. ‘Gaomon’ he cried desperately. ‘Gaomon?’ Jean inquired. ‘My sister’s partner. Such a sad howl would mean that she’s’ Drake replied. He shook as he fell to his knees. Beelze was supporting him as Jean was off in his world. ‘I killed my brother-in-law to protect my sister. He was a MagnaAngemon who was cheating on my sister, who was a NeoDevimon. I still remember his arrogant words. ‘I cannot bear to look upon her disgusting demon face. Our union was just a meaningless excuse to unite our two families, nothing more. If I had an older brother, he would suffer as I do. I wretch at her every syllable, I gain nightmares from her very visage. I could never love her’ Jean repeated, as if he was there again. Drake ignored him, but Beelze was listening intently. ‘I killed him unintentionally, the type of ale he drank severely weakened him, it was all too easy. I was sentenced to jail without a trial. The secret of my sin was left untold for thirteen years as I wallowed in a lifetime sentence. That was until the prison containing my rotting soul was destroyed by Oblivimon. That day I saw in him the possibility of a new peaceful world, but now I see that it is impossible. Hope and despair are meant to exist with each other. Destroy me now, so that I may pay for what I have truly done. Killing my own brother-in-law is nothing to my true sin’ Jean begged. Beelze prepared his cannon, but was stopped by Drake, who rose with his blade in hand. ‘As you wish it, so shall it be’ he whispered. Drake approached Jean with his blade dragging on the ground. He stood before the mourning demon, and raised his blade. With a single slash, Drake cut Jean in half. Both sides smiled. ‘Thank you’ he whispered as his data fragmented. The particles were dissolved by streams of crimson wisps. Drake fought back tears as he ran off in the direction of Gaomon’s howl.

Kevin was falling into nothingness. His very form felt as if it was being ripped apart. ‘This is the end then. Everything I have fought for, was it all for nothing? I have fought as strongly as I ever could, how could I have failed?’ he wondered as he fell. His tail was already beginning to fragment. ‘I guess I’m not as good as I thought I was. Always being alone in my fight, that’s how I survived for so many years, but fighting alone can only go so far. In the end, I truly did need those guys after all. Especially Steph. You were right Black, you should never deny love’ he continued as he fell. ‘Really, does that mean that there is someone you love?’ a voice inquired Kev looked to the side to see a ghostly impression of Steph, she was standing straight and was falling at the same rate he was. ‘I guess there was, it is impossible to love, I guess love was still in my portion of soul’ Kev admitted to her. ‘If that is so, then never forget. Even in the darkest moments, you should always remember to tell the person that you love them’ Steph reminded him and was gone. Kev smiled as he fell further into darkness, his form growing smaller. ‘I guess it is true then. I love….’ He said as he vanished in darkness. The darkness shifted, but slowly, a golden particle pierced it.

‘HER!’ Kev shouted from the darkness. His data swiftly recombined into a glowing formed as he raced up the darkness. Black was feeling uncomfortable, something was wrong. Strong beams of light penetrated from his nothingness as a golden figure broke through the barrier and out. Black was shocked as Gravitismon Burst Mode stood before him. The design was much smoother and designed. His body was that of a large knight. Draconic elements inspired this as the head was a helm shaped like a fierce dragon. A large mantle fell from his back to the ground, it was grey, but marked with a blue and red crest. ‘Gravitismon Burst Mode’ Kev declared. ‘Different name, same fate’ Black said irritably. ‘Not this time, TERRA GRAVITRON!’ Kev cried, firing an immense yet invisible blast. It slammed straight into Black as he absorbed it. ‘Fool, I will just compress it and fire it back at you and what’ Black mocked, but it slowly became a gargle. The black silhouette was shaking wildly. ‘What have you done to me?’ Black gurgled. ‘Destroyed you. You compress attacks and fire them back, but the Terra Gravitron is highly compressed gravity. To compress it any further would cause it to collapse and form, a black hole’ Kev mocked. ‘You mean’ Black whimpered. ‘Yes, you will be absorbed and both destructive energies will cancel out. It was great knowing you, because now, we must both say good-bye. Take pride in knowing that you beat me’ Kev admitted. Black screamed horribly as he began to grow unstable, his own body warping into a small black sphere, which slowly shrank drawing in masses of energy, and matter as everything was being drawn in to feed the sphere. Kev didn’t submit as he was drawn in. The chaotic spheres shrank down and became nothing. Streaks of crimson energy was released as Black Hole and Kevin Stout became no more.

Oblivimon was looking at the table the Crimson Huskarls usually met at. On one side was a group of ten figures, each representing a Crimson Huskarl. Three figures rose, one representing Richard, another Jean and the final Black. Each was held within his claw, before being crushed. From the other side was a set of twenty-two figures, each representing a human, their partner, Demi and BK. From that side he claimed the Steph, Kevin and Magnetmon figures. He crushed those as well. The broken fragments dissolved as he looked out from one of the windows. ‘Each side has destroyed three from the other. Let us see how things progress’ he mused.

...N-No...No...NO, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!!! NO!! IT CAN'T HAPPEN!! NOT NOW!!!! WHY?!?! WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE?!?!

I will forever remember Stephanie...for she was made from the loving, caring part of me. I only hope that with her death, it will not mean the death of my loving side. Farewell, Stephanie McPhilleas......

And Fenrir, if you dare laugh at me, I'll shove a boot up your ass

Kuja, its not as if her death meant nothing. Personally, she brought the end to three of the Crimson Huskarls, she has accomplished a lot. I just wonder how Gaomon will proceed without her. Also, if you wanna jabroni to me, just activate MSN. Also Fenrir, no giggling or I might off Dom as well.

Erm, actually, I think I just broke Kuja, possibly just a state of shock, I dunno

Archived