LOCK PLEASE.

Dad

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shina watched with interested amusement as Jo tried frantically to awaken the sleeping Kurosaki-Taichou, in an effort to hide him from Zaraki.

She giggled a bit. "Ok, Ok, I'll help you hid-" but just as soon as she had spoken, Kurosaki himself had spoken up, only to be interrupted by the arrival of Zaraki-Taichou. Shina felt slightly nervoud herself as she watched Ichigo stammer out his attepted excuses, but was a tad relieved when Zaraki decided that talking to Urahara was the more productive use of his time.

Their conversation was brief, and she did her best not to eavesdrop, but she heard as much as she needed to know that Urahara had opened a Gate, just as she had assumed based on his conversation with that thing from earlier.

Zaraki then proceeded to give orders.

"I see. This just means we'll have a second battle on our hands. Thank you Urahara. But first, Seireitei. Kurosaki! Jo! You, Kuchiki's vice! I want you to move Urahara-sempai upstairs to the infirmary, where he can rest. Then, gather your things and find Kuchiki, Rai, and Matsumoto."

She flinced slightly at his name for her - Kuchiki's Vice? Didn't he know her name? She would have said something, but decided it might not be the best idea to correct the Head Captain. So instead, she just nodded. "yes sir. I will find my Captain and bring him back to you for further instruction. But first," she stated, turning her attention to Urahara. "Jo? Would you help me with him?" she asked hesitantly, walking over to lift one of Urahra's arms over shoulders.

He really did look beat. And if there was training to be done, he would in fact need his rest.

"Oh, you're talking to me?"

Rai was startled at the appearance of another Shinigami. "Oh yes, I'm supposed to be resting in Urahara's shop, but I came out for some fresh air. If you are looking for someone in particular, I think there are several shinigami in his shop right now....."

OoC - I think I'm good to post later in the day now. BTW, I'm reading all of Bleach on One Manga. I made it to 37 in like 3 hours. Including chapter 0.

IC - "You need any help? Oh, where are my manners, I'm Sai. I can carry you if you need it."

He looked in the direction of Urahara's shop.

"Damn sandal-hat. All the cool stuff happens near him..."

Ichigo climbed to his feet, and leaned in towards Zaraki. "Her name is Shina," he whispered. "Don't you remember?" he asked dusting himself off.

Zaraki shrugged. "I'll apologize to her after she returns. Right now, you should be gathering your team for training. When Byakuya arrives -- seeing as how you two have such a bonding relationship -- I'll have ya spar with each other, just so you don't lose your touch.

Then, we'll begin group training sessions. Finally, I'll have you or Byakuya spar with me. I haven't had a good fight in," Zaraki paused. It had actually been longer than he thought. "Well, I don't remember. But I don't wanna get rusty. Let's get this show on the road. For Urahara! For Seireitei!"

Ichigo followed. "For Urarhara! For Seireitei!"

Sai stood thinking for a minute, and decided that Rai needed help. He picked him up with a grunt, and carried him piggyback style. With that they ran to Urahara's shop.

They descended the stairs to his basement, reacting in surprise at the amount of Shinigami standing together.

"You guys need some help? There's something happening and I don't like it, so I can be of great use to you."

"Heh. But I'm so comfortable."

"Be glad I haven't dropped ya then, Taichou." Jo sneered evilly down at him. Seriously, could her Taichou be more of a kid...? Even Shina--er, Vice-Captain Shina-- was giggling at him.

Upon the arrival of Kenpachi-Taichou, a light blush went over Jo's face; though, in this dim of light, she thought it really couldn't be seen. Now, Kurosaki-Taichou was stuttering his explanations, and at one moment it sounded like he was going to put the blame on them.

Her scarlet and orange eyes slide to Urahara as they spoke. Slowly she made her way over there, as if in a trance.

"I see. This just means we'll have a second battle on our hands. Thank you Urahara. But first, Seireitei. Kurosaki! Jo! You, Kuchiki's vice! I want you to move Urahara-sempai upstairs to the infirmary, where he can rest. Then, gather your things and find Kuchiki, Rai, and Matsumoto."

Jo's head snapped up as Kenpachi-Taichou barked this out.

"Yes, sir. Mastumoto-san should be here pretty damn soon...," Jo said, looking up through the hole in the ceiling. "I mean...she had a headstart of getting here before me, unless she was intercepted."

She watched as her Taichou went flying, and she sighed.

"Hey, you're on your own now!" Jo yelled, not caring if he heard her or not.

"Jo? Would you help me with him?"

Jo nodded and took his other arm, carrying him up the stairs along with Shina. She heard the two Taichous begin to make plans, and Jo blinked, looking at Shina.

"Huuuh," Jo grinned. "I wonder if our Taichous will have us fighting against eachother. I'd love it."

Just as they placed Urahara down in the infirmary, she saw a figure go past, with another on his back. Jo blinked, staring at the spot they were just a moment ago quizically, then shrugged.

"Well, you better go find Kuchiki-Taichou. I'm going to wait outside for Matsumoto-san...for about 5 minutes. If she doesn't show up...," Jo muttered, then rolled her eyes. "Oi, who am I kidding, of course she'll show up!

Still...better take precautions...."

Jo gave Urahara a kiss on the cheek and stood up, leaving the infirmary to sit on the porch in front of the shop.

Shina laughed a bit at Jo's comment regarding combat.

"I think I'd enjoy it too. It's been a while since I could really put my skills to the test, you know?" she asked rhetorically as she assisted Jo in setting Urahara gently down. The man was already out cold. She smiled at him, patting him lightly on the shoulder. "On top of that, I've never seen you fight, probably thanks to us not really talking much, so it'll be a new experience for me."

Jo then went on to remind her of her current duties. "You're right, I should probably get going then. Heh, good luck with Matsumoto." Shina replied, watching quizzically as Jo placed a peck on Urahara's cheek. Well, wasn't that sweet. A bit odd, but sweet.

Without another word, Shina Flash Stepped out of the room and was in the cool night air in moments. She just needed to find her Captain and inform him of his required audience with Zaraki. No doubt, he'd be upset that his patrol for the evening had been interrupted.

It didn't take long. She had learned to recognize her Captain's Reiatsu from miles away. Predictably, he was found standing atop a high building, where he could have the greatest vantage point for the city as a whole.

"Captain." she stated as she approached him, bowed on one knee. "My apologies. But the Head Captain wishes to speak with you."

"Impossible." He responded evenly.

"C-Captain?"

"You'll have to inform Captain Zaraki that I will not leave my post."

"Begging your pardon, sir, but isn't that direct defiance of an order?"

"I have learned, Shina, that the rules must sometimes be broken for the sake of the greater good. What do you think would happen if the city were invaded while no one was on watch?"

Shina paused for a moment, unable to think of an answer.

"The answer is death. The Hollow we are dealing with have the ability to cloak Reiatsu from a range. Should they appear close to the ground, the officers on-foot would detect them. That is why they would appear from the sky, where their presences would not so easily be picked up upon. For that reason, one must keep visual surveillance. That is why I am here. If I were to leave my post while such an invasion occurred, I would be responsible for the death that would ensue."

Shina took all of that in, realizing it really did make sense. "I understand, Captain. I'll report your answer back to Captain Zaraki, then."

Receiving a nod from her Captain, Shina was off again, back to the Urahara Shoten to give her unfortunate news to Zaraki. She didn't want to be the one to tell him one of his top officers had just refused an order. But there was no one else to do it.

She paused a moment, and caught her breath. As she sat quietly poised in the corner, searching her mind for a reasonable explanation to the truth, Yoruichi sighed heavily. "What happened to me?" she asked herself aloud.

Meanwhile, Zaraki had grown impatient of Byakuya, and decided to take measures into his own hands. "Kurosaki. Go and begin your training with Jo. I need to have a word with Urahara. The situation regarding him may have to be handled immediately."

Zaraki zipped away from the room, as Ichigo nodded. He slowly approached Jo, with a look of fire in his eyes. "From what I understand," he said slowly, "something's come up. We've no time to spar with the Captain, so I'll do what I can here with you. That is, unless you're afraid I'll beat ya senseless."

Sai quickly exclaimed to Kenpachi -

"I will go with Ichigo as well. I feel it's best if I can use a Bankai before things really get serious. Plus, he needs all the training he can get."

He looked around, waiting for reactions.

"Permission, Captain?"

Zaraki turned to glance at Sai, awkwardly. Raising an eye brow, he finally breathed. "Granted. Just try not to get killed eh?"

Ichigo gave Zaraki a darting look. "He. . . thinks I. . . need training?" His face squinched, as though he had bad milk, and had been punched several times. "Guess so, Kurosaki. Go show 'em a thing or two. Now stop disturbing me you lot. Urahara and I have things to discuss."

"Well Ichigo, you do need a little work on you Kidou... Just as I do."

He started towards Ichigo, then shockingly, bowed his his in respect.

"Don't take my words to offense, I just thought that if you knew where you needed work, you could train them and become way stronger."

He turns to Jo.

"Do you think I can learn Bankai?"

Jo was silently sitting on the porch, staring at the dirt covered ground, her legs swinging nonchalantly. Her head turned up as Kurosaki-Taichou made his way to her, a look of fire in his eyes.

"From what I understand, something's come up. We've no time to spar with the Captain, so I'll do what I can here with you. That is, unless you're afraid I'll beat ya senseless."

Jo scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Try all ya like, Taichou, ya ain't gonna do it," Jo said, standing up with a jump off the porch; she turned on her heel, facing him, her hands folded behind her back. "Besides, you wouldn't hurt lil' Jo, would you?"

Jo looked up at him innocently. Then she noticed the long haired blonde behind him. The innocent look instantly dropped.

The man gave Ichigo a respectable bow after Ichigo's attention was back on him.

"Don't take my words to offense, I just thought that if you knew where you needed work, you could train them and become way stronger."

Jo raised an skeptical eyebrow at him. Where did he come from...?

He then turned to her, and she folded her arms, looking at him quite coldly.

"Do you think I can learn Bankai?"

Jo's face first went to confusion, then to scoffing, and after a little huff, gave a giggle.

"Of course you can, silly!" Jo said, tilting her head to get a better look at him. "If you've got the motivation and a reason behind it, you'll achieve it.

...Oh, listen to me blabber. I don't even have my own."

Jo looked at the ground again, and even though there was no cold breeze, a shiver ran over her.

OoC: Edit your post, Haitaku. Urahara's sleeping in the infirmary, which means that he's far away from us. We're on the porch, out in front.

"I guess that means it's fine. Thank you, Jo. I'm sure you can achieve it."

"Heh, thanks...," Jo said, smiling up at him serenely. But it faded, slowly. "Hey! How do ya know my name!? When I don't know yours?!"

Jo stared at him, pointing at him definantly. She then lowered her finger, remembering that Taichou would snap it off if he saw her pointing rudely at somebody.

"So, where are we going to be training?"

"Here," Jo said, gesturing to the wide space in front of them. "Where else would we?"

OoC - Sorry, I misread, is that better?

IC - "Heh, sorry, I should have been more formal."

He bows.

"My name is Dataku Sai. I fight alongside Tengiatso Tioten, my Zanpaktou. I know your name because I overheard it when I was carrying Rai. Now that you know me, I hope you will feel better about training me."

He stands up, and rubs his back.

"I guess I shouldn't have bowed so low! Now, can you please inform me why Urahara is in the infirmary?"

Shina rubbed the back of her head shyly as she approached the small group of Shinigami assembled on the porch. Boy, was she glad that was over... Zaraki-Taichou had certainly seemed a little peeved when he had learned that Kuchiki-Taichou was not planning on appearing at all. Thankfully, he had apprently had to go speak with Urahara, and had gotten her off the hook.

Now she was to understand that there was a little training session going on with Kurosaki, the new girl Jo, and someone that Shina didn't know.

Well, so long as Kuchiki-Taichou wasn't going to train her at the moment, she might as well see about joining this group, hmm?

"Hey there!" she called, hesitantly. "Any room for one more?"

Kurosaki nodded at Shina, with an "of course" look on his face. "Your name is Shina, correct? We'd be happy to have you join us." Ichigo walked forwards, off of the porch and into the empty lot in front of them all.

"Well since you're running your mouth Jo, how about you take me first? Let's see what that big head of yours can actually do." he said arrogantly.

Meanwhile. . .

Zaraki slowly approached Urahra. "I need to know exactly how severe your situation is, before we leave." he said quietly.

Urahra attempted to sit-up, but Zaraki held him down. "Save your strength. I just have to know." Urahara rubbed his warm forehead. "It is extremely severe for me, Zaraki-san, but it's none of your concern."

Zaraki shook his head. "I'll be damned, Urahara-sempai. After all you've done, you are my concern. I ain't gonna let some black demon escape with something so valuable. I don't care what it takes."

"Hey there! Any room for one more?"

"As far as I see, we need all the help we can get. But, sadly, the decision is Jo's, so I have no say"

Hit sits on the ground and pulls out his Zanpaktou.

"Tangiatso... Are you ready?"

OoC: Much better, thank you very much. I appreciate it. :D

Jo flinched slightly when the man in front of her bowed respectively. She still wasn't used to it, for some odd reason.

"My name is Dataku Sai. I fight alongside Tengiatso Tioten, my Zanpaktou. I know your name because I overheard it when I was carrying Rai. Now that you know me, I hope you will feel better about training me."

"Ah, okay...," Jo said, her fingers curling over her mouth. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Dataku-san."

She gave a soft giggle.

"Of course!" Jo said, grinning at him. She gasped and nearly bolted to him when he let out a cry, grabbing his back. "Oh, take it easy."

"I guess I shouldn't have bowed so low! Now, can you please inform me why Urahara is in the infirmary?"

"Ah, he summoned a gate for us. That's about how much I know." She said, her face going solemn. She saw what the gate-bringer was, but didn't have a name for it. Jo was sure that Urahara didn't want her saying too much anyways.

"Hey there!"

Jo gasped, looking up, startled.

"Any room for one more?"

"Shina-san! Oi, you gave me a fright. Of course there's more room!" She said, grinning as the black haired, came to greet them. Ichigo greeted her almost the same, but with a little more attitude. Jo watched him walk out into the open space.

"Well since you're running your mouth Jo, how about you take me first? Let's see what that big head of yours can actually do."

"Heeeey! Meanie-Taichou!" Jo said, bounding towards him. "My head is just fine! And it can sing twenty times better than you!"

Jo giggled, leaping back from him, giving themselves room. She unsheathed Ebony Inferno, which was upon her back, and Ivory Blizzard, which was located on the right hip.

Turning to the side, to make herself a smaller target, her head slightly bobbed up and down, as if she was listening to music and keeping in beat, twirling Ivory in her left hand.

Shina watched with mild amusement as Jo and Kurosaki seemed about ready to face each other, after a small bout of playful insults. Jo had unsheathed her twin swords, something not-so-commonly seen among Shinigami, and faced Kurosaki-Taichou, bobbing and grooving lightly, as if she was dancing.

Wordlessly, Shina went to stand by Jo's side, arms crossed as she shot Kurosaki a challenging look - she couldn't help but scrutinize him every now and then. After all, her own Captain was just so much more....captainly than this guy.

And her own Captain disliked Kurosaki rather openly. That alone was reason enough for Shina to criticize him from time to time.

"Since you're a Captain, I think it only fair that your opponents fight on equal footing." She stated evenly. "So I'll be fighting alongside Jo against you."

She then smiled coyly. "Alright with you?"

Archived