Organization XIII - The Square Enix Club

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been able to play 358/2 Days for a week now.

I've been busy~

Got a new boyfriend ^_^

Whore. >=O

On a more serious note' date=' we need to find a new game similar to the Deadliest Game. I declare that Demyx shall be the one to make it. =3

[/quote']

What's the Deadliest Game, Uncle Skuldur? =O

I've been busy~

Got a new boyfriend ^_^

Whore. >=O

On a more serious note' date=' we need to find a new game similar to the Deadliest Game. I declare that Demyx shall be the one to make it. =3

[/quote']

LIES D:<

And a game where we all die in the end? ;_; Sounds fun. :D

I've been busy~

Got a new boyfriend ^_^

Whore. >=O

[/quote']

What's the Deadliest Game, Uncle Skuldur? =O

You don't know? I thought you ere a literature god or something. Yes I know I am still half right, don't bother mentioning that.

The deadliest game is a famous short stoy where a hunter falls from a boat and arrives at the island belonging to former Russian general Zarcovich (or something lik that).

The general has hunted virtually all animals, including some very dangerous ones. Eventually the hunts bored him so he switched to the greatest prey of all... man.

Zarcovich gives the hunter three days. If Zarcovich fins him in those days the hunter dies. If the hunter survives he gets to go home.

Zarcovich is like a supernaturally skilled hunter, easily finds the hiding place on day one (despite the hunter covering his tracks) but decides not to capture him because then the hunt would be over. On day two traps are set and Zarcovich's dogs are killed, Zarcovich compliments the hunter and leaves. The next day the hunter manages o hide under a cliff, since it appears that the hunter died Zarcovich leaves disappointed.

The hunter then confronts Zarcovich in his bedroom (much to Zarcovich's delight since he found such a worthy foe). Zarcovich offers to trade places (at least I think he does) with him becoming to hunted and sleeping in the dog kennel. The hunter agrees.

That is the Deadliest Game. It is also a very good short story (almost as good as the one with the swarm of ants).

Corrections to teh story:

The title is "The Most Dangerous Game"

The villain's name is General Zaroff.

Ending is a cliff hanger, where there's a standoff between Rainsford and Zaroff after he sneaks into the bedroom, where Zaroff suggests the winner sleeps in the magnificent bed and the loser sleeps in the dog kennel (implying they would dead and thus fed to the dogs).

It's implied Rainsford wins.

Archived