Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Thread

Brushfire

Who will your starter be.  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will your starter be.

Formes have potential. Like' date=' say, trade something to HG and SS and it gets boosted stats and a new Forme. It's a way to add new pokemon without having to edit the dex.

This way, all pokemon are tradeable and able to battle on Wi-Fi.

[/quote']

Read Dark's reply.

Three words' date=' my friends.

OMGWTFBBQ

[/quote']

Agreed.

One problem with new formes is that only HG and SS will be able to process them' date=' which means trading over to DPPt won't work, and we will have to develop a whole new metagame for HG and SS.

[/quote']

Yeah, that's what I thought. It won't be in the D/P/Pt ROM so it won't work. D:

Or, it will and just will show up as the normal version of the Pokemon.

I just thought of loads more stuff to discuss about:

-Kanto's "revamp", improvements?

-Gym revamps.

-Animations, like Clair whipping her hair.

-Mt. Silver. =o

Well, when saying about Kanto Revamping, I thought back to Fire Red and Leaf Green, and there were the new Sevii Islands that were not in Red and Blue. Do you think they will keep the Sevii Islands? If they do, will they add in more islands? So many questions and so very little answers........

I wonder about how they will modify the Time Machine.

That is really true...

Maybe it'll be to trade with Sinnoh?

Or they'll take it out all together.

I can't wait to get Team Rocket back :) (you can see why...)!

You probably can trade with DPP' date=' but you probably have to do that machine thingy like in FR and LG.

Time Machine allowed you to trade from RBY to GSC, and back, as long as those going back existed in RBY and didn't have any moves that didn't existed in that generation.

Also, In Fire Red and Leaf Green, wasn't the Time Machine the machine that allowed you to trade from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, right? If I'm right, I don't recall it being in Red and Blue, but is it in Yellow, I've never played, or even seen Yellow, so I don't know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still cba to edit the first post... I give permission for someone to do it for me and PM me the post so I can change the first post to it... you'll get credit if you do. xD

I'm personally loving the new water (Platinum's just looked old and basic, but HGSS has some nice depth and deeper colours).

lakeofrage.png

rocketslowpokewell.png

The new grass is a bit too puffed up, but I like that it actually looks tall and you can imagine Pokémon hiding in there. I prefer the colour of the new grass too, even if it does seem a bit... dull.

goldpichuroute.jpg

goldwobbu.jpg

Where trees are concerned, HGSS wins completely.

img_news_03_05.jpg

kimonoilex.png

ecruteak3.jpg

ecruteakcity.png

Just perfect, I'm loving the graphics at the moment. (Apart from New Bark Town, it looks like D/P/Pt and I don't like it. D: )

I love all the graphics' date=' except the grass.

They dun look as realistic.

[/quote']

Looks more realistic then Platinum's...

HGSSGrass.png

Platinum >

radar.png

goldpichuroute.jpg

HeartGold&SoulSilver ^

lol. The grass looks amazing, but then you sit back think "why are they putting so much work into grass? Aren't their other things that are much more important?

lol. The grass looks amazing' date=' but then you sit back think "why are they putting so much work into grass? Aren't their other things that are much more important?

[/quote']

I'm sure they're doing much more aswell. :P

Come on, they've been working on these games for 2 solid years and are still putting work into it now that it's in the beta stage. =D

i saw something about this game in a magazine i got in a shop. it was from japan and it was in japanise, but it had this picture of hooh and lugia and it seemed like they were making an new game. I'm happy that i finnally found out what that game was called. I also saw this other game that looked like a pokemon mystery dungeon, so they might be making another game like that, but who knows?

[quote='Flavour' pid='2738691' dateline='1249422250']
I just found out, Kanto's definite. Proof on Pe2k, I hope.
[/quote]

Yup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqmLBEBQBM
- The topic is the Johto region and KANTO region!
-- We first see a shot of the character at Vermillion's docks.
-- Look at that shinkansen! (So the shinkansen DOES have something to do with the episode!) Note: Shinkansen is the Magnet Train.
- A new Pokéwalker area is distributed via Wi-Fi! The Yellow Forest will be distributed from 9/18 to 11/10 delivered via Mystery Gift! Pikachu can be encountered there.

RBY didnt have berries or some of the moves (like waterfall) from GSC. I think the time machine should work like Pal Park did in DPPT. It should let u upload pokemon from gba games. Of course' date=' they might not have that backward-compatibility since the DSi doesn't have a gba slot.

[/quote']

Who says it won't be playable on the DS or DS Lite though?

So damn Japan gets it first? Of course! Damnit Japan ALWAYS gets EVERYTHING first' date=' only because there country name is what it is. And yet we Americans Have to wait 2 DAMN years! Oh well. And look at this too:

[img']http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/DS/14561_pokemon_pure_silver_and_pokemon_solid_gold-v3.jpg[/img] can you believe how real people can make it? And this one is pretty good too:

13661_pokemon_whirlpool.jpg

First off, Japan gets it first because Nintendo is Japanese, therefore everything is originally made in Japan, therefore Japan gets it first

2nd, 2010 is not 2 years away.

I'm definitely getting Gold. I got that back when I was a kid' date=' and loved the hell out of it. I was so pissed when the game crapped out on me. Depending on when in 2010 this game comes to the US, I might just import it.

[/quote']

Since the last couple pokemon games came out in September in Japan and March/April here I'd guess the same is true for this.

TBQH I've been thinking of doing the same thing. The idea of revisting a game that I haven't played in over 5 years is just so cool.

I'm to lazy to post all the new info, so here is a link

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/

Looks pretty cool. I might get it when it is released here.

If the starters really are Totodile, Cyndaquil and Chikorita I will probably choose either Totodile or Cyndaquil.

Archived