Let's talk about SEX

What should we do about Cat Sync?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What should we do about Cat Sync?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This "discussion" has just caused me great pain.

Cards get banned because they're either too powerful or they make up incredibly powerful combos. Butterfly Dagger-Elma sucks in every way EXCEPT when combined with Gearfried the Iron Knight and the other cards that make up the OTK combos. Raigeki got banned...because it's freaking powerful.

Rescue Cat could get banned because of the aforementioned combos in this discussion. On its own, it's specific type support with reasonable restrictions and downsides (Lvl 3, specific type, they go boom). However, Synchros and Tuners, as well as Gladiator Beasts changed the way the card is looked at, and now it is a candidate for a card that's too powerful. It's not the first to fall under this problem, I'm sure, and it won't be the last. Subpar cards become broken once someone finds the combo to break it. But we are talking an easy OTK.

To break broken combos, pieces of the combo are frequently banned or limited. In the Gearfried/Elma/Royal Magical combo (for unlimited draws for Exodia, in case someone doesn't get the combo), you could limit/ban Gearfried, but Gearfried is OBVIOUSLY not broken. You could limit ban Magical, but again it's ONLY in this combo that the card is a problem. So what card broke the combo? The Butterfly Dagger. Guess which card got banned.

Now let's look at the Rescue Cat OTK. Summoner Monk is on its own not too powerful. The summoned monster can't attack the first turn and it requires a Spell discard. It's fine. Is it the beasts? I hope not, because the condition for banning it would be shaky. What card is breaking the combo? DSF? No...that's a Synchro with reasonable conditions. So that leaves Rescue Cat. Rescue Cat is broken in this combo. Hence, Rescue Cat is a candidate for being banned. THAT is the point of this discussion.

If Japan's tournaments are being dominated by this deck, we can almost guarantee Rescue is going to take a hit. Because Japan controls the basic banlist, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT AFFECTS AMERICA'S META. The card combo doesn't have to be a problem in our meta to get banned. We follow Japan's banlist. We just got the combo pieces recently (Summoner Monk and X-Saber). Until this point, Cat wasn't a huge deal for us. Now it can be.

i just ment a cyber duel...you no you type everything you do...and actuly my CB deck i just bulit cause i was bored and it turned out to be a good deck and my elemental hero deck has never lost a duel

lol you know you could easily cheat with that?

I'll use my Exodia deck :lol:

ITT: "e-hero-guy" proves that he is the biggest failure on the site.

On the actual point of the topic; I like Beast decks. I run one as my main on DMU and the other games, although lack the cards in real life. From my personal view, if one must be banned, ban kitty. My Decks require a Tuner to get out N-Beast, my Ace, and Airbellum is a generally nice card. There's no reason to stop all tuners from entering the Beast-Type because of the card. Although if I were making the banlist, it'd be one of the following: Limit Summon Preist (Since we've got a lot of discussion here on him being part of the problem) or limit/ban Cat, or, my favorite, limit both.

i just ment a cyber duel...you no you type everything you do...and actuly my CB deck i just bulit cause i was bored and it turned out to be a good deck and my elemental hero deck has never lost a duel

lol you know you could easily cheat with that?

Game 1: Okay I draw. Oh well I activate .. well nothing I have exoida! I win! sucks2bu

Game 2: My draw ... oh dude you are so unlucky I've got exodia again well ... rlysucks2bu

Not many people here are willing to duel based on the honor system... I'd recommend downloading YVD, as it's generally the program people here use to duel.

Then again, E-Hero decks are... generally not the type of deck even cheating can help you with... anyone wanna go at him with Lightsworns? GBs? Maybe even Fliptrolls?

On the actual topic, I find more and more that I'm in favor of banning Cat. As Griffin mentioned, I'd actually like to see Summon Monk go to Semi-Lim too, but that's just me.

i dont care i dont have to prove anyting to all u little shits...yes that is a big person word...cause im older than all of yall...so go run and cry to mommy and tell her to get yall some more card cause yall need all that you can get cause yall could never beat me which means yall will get nowhere in yugioh

if im the biggest failure on this site...that means that everone else has no point being on this site cause your all worse than me

technically hes just admitted hes a failure so we re ll back on speaking terms XD

off topic : you fail end of.

on topic : drown the cat !!!! and save the cheerleader, i mean game.

i dont care i dont have to prove anyting to all u little shits...yes that is a big person word...cause im older than all of yall...so go run and cry to mommy and tell her to get yall some more card cause yall need all that you can get cause yall could never beat me which means yall will get nowhere in yugioh

No big person uses the phrase "thats a big person word"

Archived