Let's talk about SEX

What should we do about Cat Sync?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What should we do about Cat Sync?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

e-hero-guy' date=' all of your statements so far have been unfounded (and trust me, I've read it all).

On topic: Kitty should be at 1, and Monk at 1, along with Airbellum at 1. There we go, combo is pretty much completely dead. Kitty wouldn't be used as the center of a deck nearly as easily, since he can't be reused as much. You can't use Monk to SS itself, then another Kitty for 2 Airbellum if they're all limited, either. This contains them all without having to weaken X-Sabers or Beast-types.

[/quote']

Why should Monk go to one? I see nothing wrong with his ability to summon himself.

Cat being at 1 changes nothing. It can still be used for a level 6 synchro. Same goes for Airbellum.

There was one guy complaining about the ease of getting 2 LV7 Synchros out easily in one turn with 2 Monk and 2 Airbellum. If we limit them, this isn't possible.

This is probably flawed logic, but I've never been involved in a discussion of this sort before.

I believe it was summon Monk, use the effect to get Monk, use the effect to get Kitty, use the effect to get 2 Airbellum, Synchro for 2 Dark Strike Fighter, attack directly, use their effect to tribute themselves and that OTKs. It makes the most sense to limit all of the monsters used in this combo.

No it doesn't. If you cut off any part of that combo it all fails. Simply meaning that banning 1 of them is the easiest thing to do.

My Beast Decks all need Airbellum more than Rescue Cat. If I was to call one 'Beast Support', it would be Airbellum since he's the only Tuner of the type. Unless we get a level 4 EARTH/Beast-Type Tuner as compensation, I still feel Cat's the one needing the ban here.

My Beast Decks all need Airbellum more than Rescue Cat. If I was to call one 'Beast Support'' date=' it would be Airbellum since he's the only Tuner of the type. Unless we get a level 4 EARTH/Beast-Type Tuner as compensation, I still feel Cat's the one needing the ban here.

[/quote']

How the hell does Airbellum support beast?

Probably limit airbellum

You still have the fact that Cat can become any level 6 synchro.

Ban Rescue Cat. If they ban Wolverine Airbellum' date=' they could just make another Beast Tuner.

[/quote']

Future card design right? When the said Level 3 Beast-Type Tuners are released, deal with the problem then.

Trollpixels.jpg

I hope nobody is really as dull as e-hero-guy claims to be.

The only thing worse than a troll is a noob troll.

While both cards are not problematic separately, together there is a problem. Solve it by banning the card that contributes the least to the game. In this case Airbellum.

With the addition of the poll, I must think about this carefully.

- Banning Airbellum would ruin Kitty Synchro a lot.

- Banning Rescue Cat would hurt Gladiator Beasts and kill Kitty Synchro.

- Banning both would probably do as much damage as banning Rescue Cat.

- I like Gladiator Beasts.

- Lightsworns are meta now, and banning either card will not hurt them.

Because of this, I suggest that Airbellum be banned.

"How the hell" do they Synchro without their only tuner?

I think that a new Level 4 Beast Tuner and a ban on Airbellum would be the best soloution' date=' but without that, a ban on cat seems most needed.

[/quote']

Simple. Use another bloody tuner. I mean really. Just because it isn't a beast doesn't mean you can't use other tuners.

Why does nobody listen to me? Limit both. Leaves Kitty Syncho alive' date=' leaves Glads alive, and gets rid of the ridiculous OTK.

[/quote']

Because I already said why this idea is stupid.

I think that a new Level 4 Beast Tuner and a ban on Airbellum would be the best soloution' date=' but without that, a ban on cat seems most needed.

[/quote']

Simple. Use another bloody tuner. I mean really. Just because it isn't a beast doesn't mean you can't use other tuners.

I find a quite helpful card to be Unity of Family, if I use "another bloody tuner," I'm shutting down my own Deck options and it won't work with my other support cards.

Its not stupid. If you ban Airbellum we'll just get another level three or lower Beast tuner. If you ban Kitty, you cripple, if not kill, Kitty Synchro and hurt Glads. It might not be the easiest option, which you want, but its the best for the game.

[/quote']

I find a quite helpful card to be Unity of Family, if I use "another bloody tuner," I'm shutting down my own Deck options and it won't work with my other support cards.

How are you "shutting down my own Deck options" by changing 3 of your monsters to another type? Even if they don't work with the support cards they still have effects that are better then Airbellum's. Plus not getting support isn't a big deal if you care about synchros that much.

Its not stupid. If you ban Airbellum we'll just get another level three or lower Beast tuner. If you ban Kitty' date=' you cripple, if not kill, Kitty Synchro and hurt Glads. It might not be the easiest option, which you want, but its the best for the game.

[/quote']

You were saying limit before. Limit = at 1, ban = at 0. It is stupid to ban, or limit, 2 cards when their only problem is how they interact. If we get another level 3 tuner then we'll ban that, but that isn't a bridge we need to cross now.

I see alot of GB hate in this topic, so I'm going to ask the following:

Isn't it a better idea just to ban Gladiator Beast Samnite?

Even with Test Tigers, Rescue Cat was never a problem in Gladiator Beast untill Samnite popped out of nowhere and turned Rescue Cat completely into a lucksake card.

As for Airbellum, it's the same story; Rescue Cat was never a problem until Airbellum came along.

So don't ban the Cat. Ban Airbellum and Samnite instead.

Man, I really suck at serious discussions :<

This question is really easy to me... Kitty's a problem because of his effect. Airbellum's a problem simply because of his level/typing. In the future, which one's more likely to cause problems?

Although I've personally never faced a kitty Synchro, I say keep Airbellum, ban kitty. It really isn't a question for me, the problem here isn't the tuner, it's the card that can bring him to the field so easily. My opinion, anyway.

I personally think that Konami shouldn't change anything at the moment. Let's let a fun deck become meta then rape it with a ban list change (ie. Tele-DAD). I think JD should be limited for now though.

Kitty-Sync is a fun deck type, let's keep it for a while.

Aw...I tought we'd finally get a pic of the new DMG art...

OT: I hate meta.

Cat = 1

X-Saber = 1

And' date=' just to f*** the Glads:

Bestiari = 0 (lulz)

[/quote']

That fails to do ANYTHING about the combo.

Wrong GB.

Fixed?

The only GB pissing me of is Bestiari.

So he should gtfo.

Christ, you guys are dumb.

Just because Rescue Cat MAY cause problems in the future, doesn't mean it should be banned NOW, in the present. It brings more to the game then some silly level 3 tuner, and as such should be allowed in 3s.

When another Level <3 Beast comes out that causes problems with Rescue Cat, it will THEN be determined whether Airbellum + That card brings more to the game than Rescue Cat.

Why ban Coelacanth when you can ban Royal Swamp Eel?

Archived