Will There Be a 5th Gen. Pokemon Game??

cerberus21

Everybody loves Pokemon [disclaimer: not everybody loves pokemon. But if you don't love pokemon why are you here?]. It's the second most popular videogame franchise ever, and it's grossed BILLIONS of $$$$$$$$$$$. And all the gamers know that Platinum featured the most OMG Pokemon ever

---Arceus---

Arceus.png

The series has built up your tasks gradually from game to game (R/B/Y-you have to stop Team Rocket; S/G/C- you have to stop Team Rocket and change your rival from a jerk to a pokemon lover; R/S/E- you have to save the world; D/P/Pt- you have to save the universe/timestream).

Ok, maybe "gradually" isn't the word.

So this led me to think, discovering the end of the newest games; "huh, how could the guys who write Pokemon top THAT story for the next game?". I realized they could not.

Today i was browzing a thread, and someone said there would be NO 5th pokemon generation. Why? Because Arceus is God, and nothing can get deeper or get more ratings than that. And i think he was right. What do you guys think? Oh and remakes aren't a new generation of pokemon, regardless of if they give pokemon new formes.(i.e. Giratina Origin forme).

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they will at least make one more generation of pokemon, then it'll die. But if they do make another one, I have no idea what could happen. They may not make another generation of pokemon since Arceus is the god pokemon.

Anyway, I would like to see another new game for pokemon come out, but not for a handheld. More like Wii or something. Maybe something like SSBB (Super smash Bros. Brawl), or another fighting game for pokemon. That'll be cool.

So I think there's about a 50/50 chance of another generation coming, but after that, I think pokemon will not make anmore games.

I like the idea of another generation, after all the first videogame i owned was Red Version, and i still love pokemon to this day. As for your idea about pokemon going console... well, the only console pokemon i liked was Stadium1,2, and Snap. Coloseum? plz. I haven't played BR yet.

I don't think pokemon would be as good on a console. It seems like everytime they port pokemon to a console, it fails. You never know though...

I was more talking like a fighting game, sort of like Super Smash Bros. Brawl. You get to play as different pokmon and fight. I haven't played any console pokemon games aside from Snap, but I haven't played that for years.

I want Snap back, but I have no idea how to get it.

Lol, yea, snap is probably gone for good, it was great while it lasted. It would be hours long now, w/ four generations of pokemon to get pictures of. when i said a fifth generation, i meant like a totally new game with new pokemon too. I think you meant more of a spin-off type thing w/ the fighting game, sort of like ranger, snap, and mystery dungeon were?

Yeah, but another game of pokemon could be boring trying to get all pokemon. I hope they do make another gen, but I hope they only have old pokemon, not new pokemon. I want another generation based around where you get to pick what you do (such as being a bad guy or something like that).

That'll be a pokemon game I would really like to see, a game where you can pick what you do. I always wanted to be a bad guy for like Team Rocket or something.

Dude, you have no idea how long i've wanted something like that. I just think if they didn't have new pokemon, it would feel kind of unnecessary to play through it. If they don't make a new generation, they should at least do one last game where they pull out all the guns and let you play thru every region (w/ the gym leaders' pkmn levels changed accordingly) w/ a new rival, and maybe even the Orange Islands. The Sevii islands were a joke. It would need at least 1 new pokemon, like a legendary you can't get anywhere else or trade to any other game. Like the final boss of the pokemon franchise.

As long as Pokemon makes money they'll still make new stuff

That's a problem in itself. Everybody likes new gens of the REAL games (get badges, fill a pokedex), but everytime 1 of the crappy spin-offs is released (ranger, rescue dungeon etc.), the franchise loses credibility. You can argue that these are good because they are in sales charts, or because they have sequels all day- the only reason for that is the name. And it's a name they're giving a bad rep.

Interestingly enough, I cooked up a new generation a while ago - like, 4 years ago, a while ago.

When I got RSE, I found my list and went through it, reinventing some of the Pokemon, updating the art style, and adding appropriate abilities.

When I got Pearl version in December of 08 for Christmas, I decided to go through once again - I now have the current list for my original gen, and there is ONE thing that has not changed in any version of it:

The gen's legendaries are focussed around the idea of Titan Pokemon - among them, there's even a messenger Pokemon.

I believe that they can easily make a new generation based on that.

Besides, Arceus is not God. God would not come to visit mortals just because they played a flute, and could certainly not be captured in a Pokeball.

Pokemon Mythology is BS.

Pikachu's Theory on 5th Gen. of Pokemon.

Personally, I think it would never happen. Various games including Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Battle Revolution and Pokemon Ranger show that the Pokemon franchise is reaching for a new target. The new target is not more Pokemon, but they're planning to expand it. Instead of doing the old-fashioned Pokemon Adventure Games, they decided to end it and make something else.

But if there will be one, will there be a God more Godlier than Arceus? That would be retarded.

Archived