Will There Be a 5th Gen. Pokemon Game??

cerberus21

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are still a lot of pokemon to draw. It has nothing to do with the weirdness.

I think many people said this before, but 'Pokemon are running out of good Pokemon ideas'.

They make random evolutions of random Johto pokemon. Their own Pokemon are quite retarded and are unoriginal too. (eg. Starly is similar to Pidgey, Taillow and other bird-type pokemon)

There are still a lot of pokemon to draw. It has nothing to do with the weirdness.

I think many people said this before' date=' but 'Pokemon are running out of good Pokemon ideas'.

They make random evolutions of random Johto pokemon. Their own Pokemon are quite retarded and are unoriginal too. (eg. Starly is similar to Pidgey, Taillow and other bird-type pokemon)

[/quote']

And definetly that Piplup thing man the starters are way stupider than before. I mean Red and Gold had all these superspecialausum starters.

I think they will invent new ways of evolution, maybe a pokemon which evolves when it hates you or sth.

And that Starly is similar to the other birds is because every Generation has its starters, birds and dragons. And 3 Legendaries.

birds: pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow, Starly

dragons: dratini, yogiras, bagon, gible

3 L's: (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres), (Raikou, Entei, Suicune), (Regirock, Regice, Registeel), (Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf)

Well the Diamond series featured some really weird Pokémon can you possibly imagine something more weird? Take Combee and Spiritomb as an example :/

Combee: The Pokemon team's point of view on 'bee combs flying around'.

Spiritomb: The best proof that the Pokemon team can think of on 'ghosts are untouchable'.

They are weird' date=' and it's just starting.

[/quote']

Plus, ever since RSE, third parties have been drawing pkmn. In the first 2 gens it was Ken Sugimori and his team. But ever since RSE other people have been drawing pkmn independantly to "help". Thats when it started going downhill- look at all the terribly lame pkmn from RSE, as well as some of the lame evolutions in DPPT.

I think they will invent new ways of evolution' date=' maybe a pokemon which evolves when it hates you or sth.

And that Starly is similar to the other birds is because every Generation has its starters, birds and dragons. And 3 Legendaries.

birds: pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow, Starly

dragons: dratini, yogiras, bagon, gible

3 L's: (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres), (Raikou, Entei, Suicune), (Regirock, Regice, Registeel), (Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf)

[/quote']

What is a Yogiras, exactly?

there will be you know why? supposedly mew is the mother of all the pokemon so i guess there will be more generations at least one more.

Mew isn't the mother of all pokemon, it just contains the DNA of all Pokemon.

There will be a new generation, just wait and see.

Pokemon has a big Fanbase' date=' so they'll definetely put out another Generation.

[/quote']

I really don't think they would. It's gonna be more spin-offs, remakes and possibly what XD was, a psuedo spin-off with Pokemon formes.

=/ The major hole in your logic is that it is never stated that Arceus is the Pokemon God.

I'm pretty sure that the Pokedex only says that "It is said that it created the universe with its 1000 arms."

But you see' date=' when something is "said", that doesn't necessarily mean it's true. It is "said" that Jirachi can grant any wish, but it was shown that all he can really do is teleport things from one place to another.

It is "said" that Banette happens when a child's abandoned toy is possessed by lonliness, and yet despite this, Shuppet evolves into it, nixing that creation theory for it. =/

[/quote']

Shuppet is the toy, Banette has the lonliness. Shuppet is kinda cute. Cuter than Banette, at least. =\

Jirachi learns Wish. BEASTED.

People (not me) believe God IRL created the world and that crap. Arceus used it's 1000 fake arms to do the same thing.

As long as they get money for it' date=' the makers will continue to make.

[/quote']

That is the only thing stopping me from flat-out 100% believing there will be no 5th gen. Everything else has an explanation.

Considering the Explorer series are doing "good", I guess spin-offs are likely to continue. But wouldn't the whole franchise fall if they stop working on the original building blocks?

I don't see what they would do as a 5th gen. They can't really make more Pokemon, so maybe a different PoV. But that would be a psuedo spin-off.

I really wanna see an XD remake, but that's not a whole gen in itself. =\

Dark, the pokedex directly states that BANETTE, not Shuppet, is the toy that came to life. Shuppet is just a pokemon that loves vengeful emotions and hangs around houses with vengeful people in it.

So what if Jirachi learns Wish? That's not granting any wish, Dark, that's restoring HP, and several other pokemon that AREN'T identified as wish-granters can also learn Wish.

Besides, making a wish isn't granting a wish.

And yes, Arceus' fake 100 arms. It has no arms at all. Even if we look at this metaphorically and not literally, the concepot of a Pokemon, a thing that anyone can beat up and essentially force into slavery, creating the Universe is utter BS, even in the alternate universe that Pokemon resides in.

And lastly, in address to your previous post, you can always make more Pokemon. =/ There's no reason they can't.

And yes' date=' Arceus' fake 100 arms. It has no arms at all. Even if we look at this metaphorically and not literally, the concepot of a Pokemon, a thing that anyone can beat up and essentially force into slavery, creating the Universe is utter BS, even in the alternate universe that Pokemon resides in.

[/quote']

It would be awesome if in future games they really got into a belief system and kinda unravelled the mystreries of the universe. I think if there's anymore legendaries they can base them on planets.

Dark, the first paragraph is relevent because "It is SAID" that Banette is blah blah blah toy thing.

We know this is false, because Shuppet evolves into it.

"It is SAID" That Jirachi can grant any wish, which is also false.

"It is SAID" that Arceus created the Pokemon Universe with its 1000 arms, which I think is bullcrap.

I was trying to make a point in saying that when something is "said", it doesn't make it true.

And once again, lemme reiterate this point:

It is NEVER explicitly stated that Arceus is the pokemon God.

That's just something that fans assume because of what the Pokedex says.

Oh, here's anotyher one. It is "SAID" that staring into the hole on Shedinja's back will make you loose your soul.

So because the programmers didn't go out of there way to say Arceus is God, we can't assume that he/she/it actually is a God of some sort? There is no assuming with you, is there? Everything needs to be written out in black and white, otherwise it cannot be proven true.

A 4G iPod doesn't hold 1000 songs, it holds 980. But you don't believe that. You want me to put 980 songs on my iPod, add one more and you want to watch it not work. You can't just assume that it won't hold 1000 because games, clocks and other things take up space.

-_- I'm merely taking the absurdity of your argument and greeting it with something logic.

Your argument for the lack of a fifth generation is based solely around the fact that Arceus is the god of the Pokemon universe, and as such, cannot be surpassed by a new generation.

For starters, the argument is null and void in the fact that a new generation doesn't HAVE to surpass Arceus in order to have the right to exist.

But moving on past that, I simply countered your argument with the fact that no, it really is never stated that Arceus is actually a god of any kind. It is simply another legendary pokemon with tremendous power, as far as I'm concerned. There is room for assumption on some grounds, but honestly, this is not one of them.

You can't assume that Arceus is a God, simply for the reason that a God would not be capturable within puny human technology. How do you explain that something which supposed had the power to create the Universe could be bested by something with far less power, and captured.

A 4G iPod doesn't hold 1000 songs' date=' it holds 980. But you don't believe that. You want me to put 980 songs on my iPod, add one more and you want to watch it not work. You can't just assume that it won't hold 1000 because games, clocks and other things take up space.

[/quote']

To address this point, you're being ridiculous. It's common sense that it would only hold 980, despite the size of the memory - this is because any piece of technology, regardless of how much memory it possesses, needs slack in order to function properly.

It sets aside some of the memory it holds so that it can occupy itself with the basic functions it is supposed to possess. Cramming all 4GBs with songs will simply result in no memory leftover for the damn thing to work.

=/ Don't make assumptions on what I believe and how I reason things if you're going to do it so ignorantly.

Archived