Will There Be a 5th Gen. Pokemon Game??

cerberus21

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The series isn't limited to just one God pokemon. For example, in Greek mythology there are many Gods. So Arceus being a God pokemon shouldn't be a reason for you to deny the possibility of a fifth generation.

Anyway, I definitely see a fifth generation coming. I doubt they'd end the main series with a re-make of Gold and Silver. =\

I would wish for a pokemon game for a console like thw Wii or whatever. This should be played in the perspective of Colosseum, but the gameplay is just like in the handheld-games. You can run through high grass ore something and you see the pokemon appear without changing to a battle menu, like in kingdom hearts. So you play totally free and realistic. This would be cool but I think its to difficult to create. But anyway, there will come at least one new generation because there are many people whose job is it to develop new pokemon and if there are no new pkmn anymore, theyd lose their jobs.

Anything above the 1st Gen. is retarded in the world of Pokemon. >_>

You suck at Pokemon dont you?

I just know the truth you fail to see: That Pokemon in general fails. :P

(IMO...)

The anime' date=' the TCG, the game spin offs, the campaign mode of the games; they all suck b@lls, like [b']a lot[/b]. However competitive WiFi Meta does not. When you play the game properly it easily takes more skill than Yugioh, like by a mile. You have to put effort into breeding and training to get the perfect Pokemon and you have to understand game mechanics like IVs and EVs. However all that is completely useless if you don't know how to play the game. This involves type advantage, switching and prediction. If you want to ask anymore questions into Pokemon Meta then be my guest but unintentionally you insulted that side of Pokemon; I can't allow that.

This is the world of competitive Pokémon, the art of playing Pokémon to win. In this world, that 999 attack Pelipper you hacked as a joke to sweep your friend’s team isn’t allowed. Competitive Pokémon emphasizes an understanding of game mechanics, team organization, and battle tactics, rather than cramming four moves of differing types on your Pokémon and picking whichever one is super effective.

(IMO...)

The anime' date=' the TCG, the game spin offs, the campaign mode of the games; they all suck b@lls, like [b']a lot[/b]. However competitive WiFi Meta does not. When you play the game properly it easily takes more skill than Yugioh, like by a mile. You have to put effort into breeding and training to get the perfect Pokemon and you have to understand game mechanics like IVs and EVs. However all that is completely useless if you don't know how to play the game. This involves type advantage, switching and prediction. If you want to ask anymore questions into Pokemon Meta then be my guest but unintentionally you insulted that side of Pokemon; I can't allow that.

This is the world of competitive Pokémon, the art of playing Pokémon to win. In this world, that 999 attack Pelipper you hacked as a joke to sweep your friend’s team isn’t allowed. Competitive Pokémon emphasizes an understanding of game mechanics, team organization, and battle tactics, rather than cramming four moves of differing types on your Pokémon and picking whichever one is super effective.

That's pretty stupid... ;)

Magic the Gathering > This >YGO

ive already heard from a friend in japan that there is a realease comin to japan in 1 year and 1/2. he said that its rumored to be caled pokemon lunar. And pokemon solar. There will be a fire god and a moon god...idk how. but there wil also be a merge game that brings the to together e.g. platinum emerald....and so on. Now i believe this is reliable(after all he is from japan:P. but if not ill wil update anyone that needs updatin....there boom finished thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not to mention felix basically summed up pokemon for u. It doesnt matter if they come out with a new one if u kno how to play it diamond peral and platinum can last u a lifetime

by the way wats ur favorite pokemon felix...well which one is the most reliable. from my online experiences its pretty hard to just count on one pokemon...srry for triple post

Interestingly enough' date=' I cooked up a new generation a while ago - like, 4 years ago, a while ago.

When I got RSE, I found my list and went through it, reinventing some of the Pokemon, updating the art style, and adding appropriate abilities.

When I got Pearl version in December of 08 for Christmas, I decided to go through once again - I now have the current list for my original gen, and there is ONE thing that has not changed in any version of it:

The gen's legendaries are focussed around the idea of Titan Pokemon - among them, there's even a messenger Pokemon.

I believe that they can easily make a new generation based on that.

Besides, Arceus is not God. God would not come to visit mortals just because they played a flute, and could certainly not be captured in a Pokeball.

Pokemon Mythology is BS.

[/quote']

It's a damn game. Obviously the "religion" is BS. You really think people go to a temple and worship a picture of Arceus? (Don't answer that. =\ )

Pikachu's Theory on 5th Gen. of Pokemon.

Personally' date=' I think it would never happen. Various games including Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Battle Revolution and Pokemon Ranger show that the Pokemon franchise is reaching for a new target. The new target is not more Pokemon, but they're planning to expand it. Instead of doing the old-fashioned Pokemon Adventure Games, they decided to end it and make something else.

But if there will be one, will there be a God more Godlier than Arceus? That would be retarded.

[/quote']

Thank you for backing me up.

(IMO...)

Which is why it's one of the highest selling franchies in Nintendo' date=' Microsoft AND Sony history, right?

The series isn't limited to just one God pokemon. For example, in Greek mythology there are many Gods. So Arceus being a God pokemon shouldn't be a reason for you to deny the possibility of a fifth generation.

Anyway, I definitely see a fifth generation coming. I doubt they'd end the main series with a re-make of Gold and Silver. =\

That is true. But I doubt that would happen. They would make a whole gen to add a few more Gods? That would TOTALLY populate the Uber tier. =D

Pokemon sucks ¬¬

The only good ones were R/B/Y G/S/C

Opinionated, much?

I actually thought about this today and i figured out we won't have too long to wait for an answer:

The original pokemon came out in 1996.

G/S/C came out in 2000.

Pokemon Yellow came out (roughly) in between those two generations.

D/P came out about two years ago. The Platinum release was fairly recent. It's likely we'll see a new gen within 2 years, give or take a year due to the SS and HG release.

Arceus is nothing but a false prophet u.u

I doubt it. It has the Defenses that alot of sweepers wish for and the offensive power that alot of Stallers wish for. It also has the third largest move pool in the entire game. Combined with its way above average stats and move pool, it is probably the most versatile Pokemon in the game.

Besides, I always welcome a new generation. Red, Blue, Gold and Silver had their glitches that turned out to be pretty fun to take advantage of and then one that I found in Emerald turned out to be pretty good. Each game in the series did have their selling points so yeah. I probably won't be disappointed by a new generation of games.

I actually thought about this today and i figured out we won't have too long to wait for an answer:

The original pokemon came out in 1996.

G/S/C came out in 2000.

Pokemon Yellow came out (roughly) in between those two generations.

D/P came out about two years ago. The Platinum release was fairly recent. It's likely we'll see a new gen within 2 years' date=' give or take a year due to the SS and HG release.

[/quote']

For the first time in history, I agree with this person.

We should wait two years and see what happens.

The series isn't limited to just one God pokemon. For example' date=' in Greek mythology there are many Gods. So Arceus being a God pokemon shouldn't be a reason for you to deny the possibility of a fifth generation.

[/quote']

Yes, but Arceus is the pokemon God. The capital "G" means he is a greater god. Perfect and nothing is better. The gods you are reffering to are minor gods. They have imperfections, so, there is more than 1 to "fill the gap".

Yes, but Arceus is the pokemon God. The capital "G" means he is a greater god. Perfect and nothing is better. The gods you are reffering to are minor gods. They have imperfections, so, there is more than 1 to "fill the gap".

=/ The major hole in your logic is that it is never stated that Arceus is the Pokemon God.

I'm pretty sure that the Pokedex only says that "It is said that it created the universe with its 1000 arms."

But you see, when something is "said", that doesn't necessarily mean it's true. It is "said" that Jirachi can grant any wish, but it was shown that all he can really do is teleport things from one place to another.

It is "said" that Banette happens when a child's abandoned toy is possessed by lonliness, and yet despite this, Shuppet evolves into it, nixing that creation theory for it. =/

Well the Diamond series featured some really weird Pokémon can you possibly imagine something more weird? Take Combee and Spiritomb as an example :/

Combee: The Pokemon team's point of view on 'bee combs flying around'.

Spiritomb: The best proof that the Pokemon team can think of on 'ghosts are untouchable'.

They are weird, and it's just starting.

Archived