Will There Be a 5th Gen. Pokemon Game??

cerberus21

The DPPt gameplay and game engine were much better' date=' as was the graphics; the Pokémon and Plot weren't. This is why HGSS will be the best games as of yet- as they have much better graphics then DPPt, they keep DPPt's wonderful game engine and they have (imo) the best Plot of the Pokémon games so far (+ traveling to Kanto <3).

[/quote']

What do you mean the pokemon weren't better. I've already said that about half of the pokemon OU meta is made of 4th gen pokemon. Also way does plot matter, and in the end all pokemon games have the same plot, catch them all. Also graphics matter very little and I would be happy with the ones from the 2nd gen, but what makes you tihnk they will be better then D/P/PT. It's still on the DS, and it's still using the same type of things that the other 3 used.

Graphics? Oh, I have proof (mostly see last page if you cba to read it all).

The Plot from DPPt wasn't the same as any other game, it was "stop Team Galatic from destroying the world/space time/whatever, whereas the older games were just "capture all the Pokemanz and stop Team Rocketz" (see first post). The Pokémon from DPPt did improve the meta, but half of them were clones and there was like 14 legendaries. ¬¬

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DPPt gameplay and game engine were much better' date=' as was the graphics; the Pokémon and Plot weren't. This is why HGSS will be the best games as of yet- as they have much better graphics then DPPt, they keep DPPt's wonderful game engine and they have (imo) the best Plot of the Pokémon games so far (+ traveling to Kanto

[/quote']

What do you mean the pokemon weren't better. I've already said that about half of the pokemon OU meta is made of 4th gen pokemon. Also way does plot matter, and in the end all pokemon games have the same plot, catch them all. Also graphics matter very little and I would be happy with the ones from the 2nd gen, but what makes you tihnk they will be better then D/P/PT. It's still on the DS, and it's still using the same type of things that the other 3 used.

Graphics? Oh, I have proof (mostly see last page if you cba to read it all).

The Plot from DPPt wasn't the same as any other game, it was "stop Team Galatic from destroying the world/space time/whatever, whereas the older games were just "capture all the Pokemanz and stop Team Rocketz" (see first post). The Pokémon from DPPt did improve the meta, but half of them were clones and there was like 14 legendaries. ¬¬

That was the extra plot. The plot of "catch them all" has never been removed. What do you mean clones. Evos? No 1/2 of them weren't.

of the 108 4th gen pokemon 28 are in the family of pokemon from the past 3 game. Also this is a good thing since all those pokemon need news forms BADLY.

As for the legendaries, only 6 or uber (not counting other forms) and every gen the number of legendaies have gone up. First 5, then 6, then 10.

Catching the legends isn't that hard. I just don't like having to catch them before I want to. R/B/Y and G/S/C gave you the option of challenging them only when you were ready. That's part of why I say that 1st and 2nd Gen were the best.

But again, how does it matter when you get them. Plus the only reason it's like this now is because legendaries have been added into the plots of the games.

Catching the legends isn't that hard. I just don't like having to catch them before I want to. R/B/Y and G/S/C gave you the option of challenging them only when you were ready. That's part of why I say that 1st and 2nd Gen were the best.

But again' date=' how does it matter when you get them. Plus the only reason it's like this now is because legendaries have been added into the plots of the games.

[/quote']

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like being forced to face legendaries in order to progress through the plot. It makes me feel rushed. I prefer to face them when I'm good and ready.

This is the most pointless and stupid argument ever.

It's a f***ing game' date=' just enjoy it and stop debating over all these ridiculous things.

[/quote']

That's the point in this thread. Can't you see that the title screams "Pokémon debate"?

Also, your sig is too big.

You Put..idk' date=' Ember and water gun into one Super Move.

Thats How I beat Mystery Dungeon 2

[/quote']

O.......I don't think so. Since you would need to 1) have a pokemon that can attack twice, which can't happen, 2) have two pokemon out at once, but this is only in double battles and they aren't cool, or really popular.

It's already been said' date=' but perhaps dual-type moves.

crazy prediction:

Maybe they'll come out with a type that Normal is Super Effective against!

[/quote']

Adding a new type will shake the meta to it's core, and TBQH it is possible. Dual-type moves aren't likely since most moves CAN only be one type, but they COULD make it so pokemon have 3 types. Again this would REALLY change the meta.

^Lol'd.

But yeah.

I wonder about 5th Gen Battle System

As do I. Every gen has come with some change' date=' 2nd items, third abilities, 4th the move split.

I want to know if their is anything else they can add.

[/quote']

Maybe theyll do a game for the Wii or an even newer platform of Nintendo. And I dont mean such games like Collosseum or Battle Revolution. I mean a game thats very similar to the handheld version. You cant only catch Crypto pokemon like in Collosseum, and you dont only fight like in BR. You run around, and its in the perspective of GTA, 3rd person. And when you run through high grass, the enemies appear similar to Kingdom Hearts. If you run through a forest, for example, there is suddenly coming a Kakuna from the tree. And you dont change in such a fight-screen. You still run around, can call the pokemon you like (as I said, its like in Kingdom Hearts), andif you battled enough, you can throw a pokeball! This would be soooo cool! Especially the Top4 and the Gymfights! Dont you think?

Archived