Will There Be a 5th Gen. Pokemon Game??

cerberus21

I don't understand where your post came from? You really have no evidence that any of this will happen. On the other hand, I have SLIGHT evidence that a 5th gen will NOT be coming. It's not like I don't want a 5th gen, or Nintendo won't make money off of a 5th gen. But I don't see it in the future due to the reasons Youmu fail's to understand.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mewtwo was surpassed by Mew. Mew was surpassed by Ho-oh and Lugia. Ho-oh and Lugia were surpassed by the weather trio. The weather trio was surpassed by Arceus. I don't think they can make a Pokemon BETTER than Arceus. And yes, they have to.

Ending the trend of stronger legends is ending the trend of fire/water/grass starters or a psuedo Dragon-legend or a legendary trio.

It's true that they don't NEED to surpass Arceus. It's just that up until now' date=' each game has increased both the role of the trainer and the legendary pkmn, so its likely they will attempt to surpass Arceus, which will be difficult.

[/quote']

There wasn't a better Pokemon than Mewtwo till this gen and even then it's only debatable.

Can you explain to me how they are going to go about creating a 5th generation? What are they planning to do? Make a whole new region with 3 new starters and a Pokemon that surpasses Arceus?

It doesn't have to surpass it though:?

Mewtwo was surpassed by Mew. Mew was surpassed by Ho-oh and Lugia. Ho-oh and Lugia were surpassed by the weather trio. The weather trio was surpassed by Arceus. I don't think they can make a Pokemon BETTER than Arceus. And yes' date=' they have to.

[/quote']

Are you high? Since when was Mew better than Mewtwo? Since when have any of those Pokemon bin noticeably better than Mewtwo? You also forgot to mention Celebi and Deoxys.

If they were going to make a 5th generation' date=' we would hear news about it along with the uprising HGSS and spin-off games. NOTHING YET.

And you still haven't answered my question yet. IF, and ONLY IF, they make a 5th generation, what do they plan on doing? How do they plan to surpass Arceus? HOW?

You act like anything is perfect. You, being a strong competitive battler, know there is a COUNTER FOR EVERYTHING. EVEN IN VIDEO GAMES, NOTHING CAN BE PERFECT.

[/quote']

All of these points, which I have quoted, are null and void. Why? Because you clearly haven't even been fully reading my posts.

You've made it completely clear at this point, because if you HAD been reading my posts, and of course, weren't some kind of idiot, you wouldn't be drawing the dumbass conclusions you've been drawing.

Allow me to address each of those sentences, one at a time, and this time, do try and pay some damn attention.

This is what he does Zex; he ignores you until you give up trying to make him understand. Then he wins by default.

IF' date=' and ONLY IF, they make a 5th generation, what do they plan on doing? How do they plan to surpass Arceus? HOW?

[/quote']

Ignoring the fact they don't have to, how about making a better Pokemon:?

1) When they announced FireRed and LeafGreen, had we heard anything on Diamond and Pearl? No, no we hadn't. So why the hell should we be hearing about a 5th Gen if they only just announced HGSS? Don't be stupid, Dark.

2) Yes, yes I did answer your question. I answered it by telling you that they don't have to surpass it. Let me type that five more times, since you have such a hard time understanding this.

They don't have to surpass it.

Do you get it yet? zzzdon't be pig-headed, Dark.

3) I never once said Arceus was perfect. If you had bothered reading properly, you would have seen that I said:

"The iron law of Progress is that you can always go further, go bigger, regardless of what you have already done, as long as you don't attain perfection.

Arceus is not perfect. Therefore, it can be surpassed."

While Arceus does not HAVE to be surpassed, it can be.

\

So Dark, here's my advice:

Stop being so goddamn stubborn and just accept that your views are ridiculous.

I know that accepting someone else's opinion is like suicide to you, but I honestly don't care. Everyone of us here knows you're wrong, except for you.

Shut up and move on. You try my patience, but I will most certainly not "give up" and allow you the satisfaction of believing you're right when everyone else knows otherwise.

If they were going to make a 5th generation' date=' we would hear news about it along with the uprising HGSS and spin-off games. NOTHING YET.

And you still haven't answered my question yet. IF, and ONLY IF, they make a 5th generation, what do they plan on doing? How do they plan to surpass Arceus? HOW?

I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY COULD MAKE A GAME ON PLUTO AND MAKE SPACE-FORMES OF ALL THE POKEMON. BUT THAT IS NOT A GENERATION.

Obviously Arceus is not perfect. You act like anything is perfect. You, being a strong competitive battler, know there is a COUNTER FOR EVERYTHING. They can't make a perfect Pokemon. Even a Pokemon with 200 Base Stats everywhere and a movepool like Smeargle's can be counterable. EVEN IN VIDEO GAMES, NOTHING CAN BE PERFECT.

I am using CAPS because you [i']think[/i] it drives a point across, but you can see that it obviously doesn't.

Actually, we didn't hear about DPPT until LONG after FRLG. The little timeline of information-flow in marketing in your head is flawed. And ive even thought of a story that could surpass Arceus- Save our entire thread of reality. not just time or space, but reality itself.

and im not paid by nintendo to come w/ ideas for videogames. Just maybe, somebody GASP- IS! and maybe, they would want to keep their job, since the economy sucks.

I know i see that as motivation. And i came up w/ my idea in, oh, 5 minutes.

Here is another point I forgot to mention.

When have we ever questioned if there would be a new generation until now?

We never questioned after 1st gen.

...or 2nd gen.

...or 3rd gen.

Now that we are questioning it, don't you think something is fishy.

No Dark, I have never questioned the arrival of a new generation. That was someone else entirely.

I came here to quell the ridiculous reasons against a new gen, and was greeted by the headache that is your nonsensical arguments.

What do I think they'll do for a fifth gen? Whatever the hell they want. I believe I already told you there's no limit on imagination. There can always be something more.

If it were me, personally, I would make the Legendaries themed around either Titans or Planets. But that's me. Gamefreak is quite likely to have their own ideas, and, as Felix said, you can bet your ass they'll just fine so long as they follow the same time-tested formula they've been doing since Generation 1;

All of the same, but with one addition everytime.

Johto added Held Items, and a Special Atk/Def Split.

Hoenn added A large variety of new moves, along with Double Battles.

Sinnoh made a Physical Special Split, completely changing the meta.

Fifth Generation will probably feature multi-type attacks.

So as long as they have ideas, they will continue forming new generations?

And you are saying they cannot run out of ideas, because imagination is vast and infinite?

Wouldn't Nintendo have mentioned Gen 5 of Pokemon at the E3?

Since Felix answered your last question, I'll answer the first two:

Yes, and yes.

200 (counted) unique pokemon, with only a few bearing resemblance to any current ones. I did that.

Like I said, Dark, if I can do it, if my little Brother can do it, anyone can.

Imagination can always keep going. Only uncreative iundividuals ever run out, and I'm pretty certain that "uncreative individuals" don't get jobs as Video Game designers.

A fifth Generation is beyond Probable. Pokemon is more popular lately than it's ever been, and I've seen the sales charts to know. More and more people are getting into competitive battling, too, as evidensed by the icnreasingly large number of organized tournaments taking place over the country (check those out, if you have the time).

Nintendo wouldn't just give up while the iron is hot - they're going to strike.

Now, a sixth gen, that's merely possible. It's entirely up to speculation how popluar Pokemon will be, say, six years from now, and as such, we have no way of guessing weather or not they would continue after a fifth.

But my educated opinion is that, yes, there will be a fifth gen. If Pokemon's popularity maintains its current level over the following 6-8 years, they may keep going until they hit the 1000 Pokemon mark. It'd make a nice stopping point.

But again, that popularity is completely speculative, and circumstantial.

And there is still always a chance that Nintendo might flow off the course of their building blocks and work on other projects.

I guess only time will tell if Nintendo decides to make a 5th generation and proves one of us right, and the other wrong.

*shakes Youmu's... virtual hand*

SPACE, THE FINAL FRONTIER. ASH AND HIS FRIENDS HAVE BOUGHT A DEOXYS, AND ARE GOING TO PLUTO. THE NEWEST POKEMON, DECEPTICON... OWAIT, NO.

Archived