Will There Be a 5th Gen. Pokemon Game??

cerberus21

As long as they get money for it' date=' the makers will continue to make.

[/quote']

That is the only thing stopping me from flat-out 100% believing there will be no 5th gen. Everything else has an explanation.

Considering the Explorer series are doing "good", I guess spin-offs are likely to continue. But wouldn't the whole franchise fall if they stop working on the original building blocks?

I don't see what they would do as a 5th gen. They can't really make more Pokemon, so maybe a different PoV. But that would be a psuedo spin-off.

I really wanna see an XD remake, but that's not a whole gen in itself. =\

BOO! you really hete pokemon don't you.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Above post is lolfail.

Going back to Youmu's statement. Let's say the game explicitly told us Arceus was NOT God. What would they do next generation? Would they continue building on the 493 + formes Pokemon we have?

The 4th gen has the most legendaries out of all 4 gens. It has a legendary that can breed.

What I am saying is that, I think that GameFreak meant to portray Arceus as a God, meaning that nothing surpasses God, meaning that another Pokemon cannot be a higher "rank" than God, meaning there is no 5th gen. Maybe GameFreak did not want to portray Arceus as a God. But what are they going to do next? They have run out of ideas. That is why they made a REMAKE. The only remake before was FRLG, and soon after that they worked on DPPt. They have run out of ideas for the meantime, so they are doing HGSS. They are also doing spin-off games if you take the time to check Serebii. They are STUCK.

A generation is when a Pokemon game takes place in it's own region and has new Pokemon. BOTH OF THEM.

That is why XD was not a generation of it's own. It never had any new Pokemon. And formes do not count. That is why Platinum is 4th gen.

HGSS takes place in Kanto or Johto, so it does not have it's own region. It also will have no new Pokemon, execpt for the occasional forme here or there.

I just realized something. It doesn't say that Arcues is a god, but it does say that Dialga and Palkia are. It says they're deities. Deity means god.

I just realized something. It doesn't say that Arcues is a god, but it does say that Dialga and Palkia are. It says they're deities. Deity means god.

They should just make a game that brings you over all the regions, and the ultimate pokemon king or something lies at the end after you collected all the badges beaten all the leaders e.t.c then he says u now can get the special stone blah blah that open a portal to a different world or brings you to a cave something where you must then try to catch the ultimate of all ultimates the forbidden pokemon or something

I would wish for a pokemon game for a console like the Wii or whatever. This should be played in the perspective of Colosseum' date=' but the gameplay is just like in the handheld-games. You can run through high grass ore something and you see the pokemon appear without changing to a battle menu, like in kingdom hearts. So you play totally free and realistic. This would be cool but I think its to difficult to create. But anyway, there will come at least one new generation because there are many people whose job is it to develop new pokemon and if there are no new pkmn anymore, theyd lose their jobs.

[/quote']

As someone here already said, Pokémon will be around as long as it brings the delicious cash. I haven't actually played Pokémon Platinum but yeah, "God" is definitely a title that sounds all-mighty and all that good stuff, so my prediction is that Nintendo will focus on a huge pile of spin-offs while thinking about what they'll do to top this one.

It will probably take a while, I wouldn't be surprised if it took more than 5 years.

What I am saying is that' date=' I think that GameFreak meant to portray Arceus as a God, meaning that nothing surpasses God, meaning that another Pokemon cannot be a higher "rank" than God, meaning there is no 5th gen.[/b'] Maybe GameFreak did not want to portray Arceus as a God. But what are they going to do next? They have run out of ideas. That is why they made a REMAKE. The only remake before was FRLG, and soon after that they worked on DPPt. They have run out of ideas for the meantime, so they are doing HGSS. They are also doing spin-off games if you take the time to check Serebii. They are STUCK.

And now you are over-assuming.

Dark, you don't KNOW they are out of ideas. What, just because they invented a storm of legendaries, that automaticallt means they are out of ideas?

First, let's assume they DID mean to portray Arceus as God - who the hell cares? The way your mind jumps to conclusions based on that insignificant fact is baffling. (PS3 being stupid. Post TBC)

So, let's say Arceus is god. Kay. Now let's say nothing can surpass him. Kay. There is no fifth gen.

...what?

How the hell do you manage to draw the conclusion that there cannot be a fifth generation just because a Pokemon cannot surpass Arceus? That's downright idiotic, and I'm surprised at you.

Now, let's assume Arceus ISN'T God. Your argument to that was that "What is Gamefreak going to do next? They have run out of ideas."

Are you psychic, Dark? Because unless you are, and have met the developers, how in the hell do you know they have run out of ideas? The beauty of the human mind is that it can ALWAYS conceive a new idea. There is no limit on imagination, Dark, and as cheesy as that sounds, it is exactly the rule that applies to this series.

Forget the money. As long as Gamefreak can come up with new monsters, there can be a new generation. And anyone can do that. I would know - I made nearly 200 new made-up pokes that bear no resemblance to any pokes in current circulation.

If I can do it, they certainly can do it.

So in conclusion: your arguments are invalid. It makes no difference if Arceus was or was not meant to be portrayed as God - they don't HAVE to surpass it to make a new generation, and you have no way of knowing if they are out of ideas.

So what if they're working on remakes? As you said, they did that with FrLg. Were you of the opinion back then that they were out of ideas? Because if you were, lookit, they went and made a 4th gen.

Your arguments are riddled with ridiculous assumption, and thus cannot be counted as credible.

If you haven't relized, it took a few years between the release of FRLG and the release of DPPt. Beacuse they are making HGSS now, that obviously means for the time being they are running out of ideas. Otherwise we would already hear news about an upcoming 5th gen. But we haven't.

If you check Serebii, there are many spin-off games being released. More than ever before. Why would a company stray of the main line of income and use spin-off games? Doesn't this seem like they are running out of ideas? Nintendo has never made this many Pokemon spin-off games at a time. Add that with some remakes and that proves that they have little idea for a fifth gen.

And how can you know for sure Arceus is not a God? Or not THE God? Obviously the Pokedex tells the truth. GameFreak wouldn't be feeding us wrong information through an imaginary tool in our game. And how come out of 493 Pokemon, you were only able to find 3 (2 minus Arceus) that weren't technically true?

I have to go now, so I will continue my argument later, possibly tomorrow. But you need to learn the patterns of Nintendo. If they weren't running out of ideas, they wouldn't have made HGSS. They would have made a 5th gen. If Nintendo didn't want to portray Arceus as a supreme being, how come it is stated to create the universe, has a total base stat of 720 (not getting into competitive battling, just saying it is the highest) and has an upcoming movie named "Arceus - Overcoming Time and Space"? Also, do me a favor and search the meaning of alpha, since Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon.

If you haven't relized' date=' it took a few years between the release of FRLG and the release of DPPt. Beacuse they are making HGSS now, that obviously means for the time being they are running out of ideas.[/quote']

Yeah, because fans haven't been pushing for a remake of GSC since FRLG, really. Some official Nintendo forums were made just to complain about how they hadn't announced 1. Gee, i think it's safe to assume Nintendo reads their own forums. Is it really that far of a stretch to think, hey, maybe they decided giving MILLIONS of people what they wanted might have been a good idea for business?

l

@Dark: Exactly what the above says.

Why are they making HGSS? Because fans want it, and have wanted it for a while. No, they aren't trying to buy time. They're just meeting a fan demand, because, now wait, lemme think here for a moment, ah yes.

Meeting fan demands means more money for Nintendo.

Saying that they wouldn't make HGSS if they weren't running out of ideas is downright retarded - of course they'd make it millions of fans are clammoring for it. If anything, they simply want to stretch the Pokemon series out further, adding more content, so that it will last longer.

Hoenstly, the fact that you don't realize this is ridiculous.

I also work at a Gamestop, and guess what? All those spin-off games? Insanely popular among younger audiences. At least once a day, a kid enters the store with his mother, looking for one of the various spin-offs.

Why would Gamefreak be making more spin-offs than ever before? Could it be perhaps because it is making them money? Lots and lots of money?

Nah, that just couldn't be the reason. Gamefreak? Doing something for money? Pfffttt.

Also, I am well aware of what the word "Alpha" means. But you fail, once again, to grasp my point - they have not directly stated that Arceus is THE god pokemon, and as long as they don't do that, they are free to create sometihng better. Not that they have to.

Because you seem to be constantly ignoring this point, which has been a hundred times, let me caps it for you to drive it home:

THEY DO NOT HAVE TO SURPASS ARCEUS TO MAKE A NEW GENERATION.

How is this so hard for you to understand? Even if he IS the gamw God, which he certainly COULD be, that does not mean his presence forbids further entries into the generation line.

So once again:

You do not know they are out of ideas. Stop acting like you do.

You do not know what they are planning. Stop acting like you do.

You clearly don't understand marketing. Stop acting like you do.

You need to stop being so stubborn, and accept that a fifth generation is possible.

I realize HGSS was a fan-based introduction. FRLG wasn't. That's one difference. There aren't anymore.

And I realize that spin-off games and the HGSS games will make Nintendo money. That part I understand. It's simple marketing. Meet the fan's demands, have people buy your product. I GET THAT. YOU ACT LIKE I AM A 3RD GRADER.

THEY DO NOT HAVE TO SURPASS ARCEUS TO MAKE A NEW GENERATION.

Is what I do not get.

People have been clamoring for a remake for awhile now. It's not a recent thing, I believe you should know that. Why would they make HGSS now when they could have made it years ago and kept the fanbase happy?

There were obviously spin-off's before, but it seems now that spin-off's are selling more. NINTENDO IS MAKING MORE SPIN-OFF'S. And you cannot 100% sure say that it is because spin-off's sell like crazy. Spin-off's sold like crazy before. XD, a psuedo-spin-off sold like crazy.

Imagine that you are the CEO of a company, and you have no ideas left for skyscrapers. You've built the CN Tower, and a bunch of stuff. But you have no ideas left. You obviously would not shut down and destroy the franchise. You would work on smaller buildings until a big project that would net a lot of income comes your way.

This is what Nintendo is doing. Instead of working on the series, because they have so little ideas, they are working on spin-off games, remakes, etc. It doesn't matter that the fan-base is clamoring for it, that's why. Obviously HGSS is a fan-base product, and it WILL net a lot of income. But every company does not do everything there fan-base tells them to.

And I am not flat-out saying there is no 5th gen, period. I am highly doubtful that there will be. What other ideas would Nintendo possibly have? Even if Arceus was not blatantly stated as God, what could surpass "the creator of the universe"? I understand that maybe Nintendo does have a trick up there sleeve. But the chances of it are unlikely.

Hell, if anything, Nintendo is probably going to do a psuedo spin-off, like XD.

PKMN Ranger games are being created my the dozen. The new Smash game or something is being created. HGSS is in progress. Nintendo obviously is working on these projects, which leads me to believe a 5th gen will most likely not come out. And even if it does, it won't be for a long time from now. They HAVE run out of ideas, and until an idea comes to them, they won't be able to work on anything.

Hell, for all we know, they could make a 4th Sinnoh game.

Dark, while I understand your reasoning, I only treat you like a 3rd grader because you are acting like one.

What is not to get about not NEEDING to surpass Arceus?

Just because Arceus exists does not mean other Pokemon now are not allowed to.

On top of that, there's no reason Arceus CAN'T be surpassed, either.

Back in Generation 1, Mewtwo was supposed to exist as the world's strongest Pokemon. That was the title the series had granted it. And anyone probably would have thought that, as such, it couldn't be surpassed.

But look at what's around now! Mewtwo has long since been surpassed. And the same exact thing can happen to Arceus. The iron law of Progress is that you can always go further, go bigger, regardless of what you have already done, as long as you don't attain perfection.

Arceus is not perfect. Therefore, it can be surpassed.

And for the last goddamn time, because I'm sick of repeating myself: You. Do. Not. Know.

Stop saying things like "They ARE out of ideas." in such an absolute fashion.

You do not know that, have no way of knowing that, and will never know that unless the CEO personally calls you and tells you "Hey! Guess what? We're out of ideas!"

This is what is pissing me off about you, Dark. Just because YOu say it, does not make it so. Just because your speculation is that they are out of ideas does not make it so.

You can say "I think they are out of ideas." all you damn well please. but you cannot outright state that they are out of ideas as a fact, because you don't know that.

Contrary to what you'd like to believe, you don't know everything, and the world does not bend to work the way you want it to. So stop insisting your speculation as fact and get over it.

no they will make a 5th generation!

i read it on a website from an interview

so yes there WILL be!

they dont have to top anything, just make more new interesting pokemon =]

howevr i woul love them to make a game that spanned all 4 regions

also we need to take into account that arceus might have the best base stats it still only has 120 for each which is surpassed by lots of things individually, infact mewtow has more special attack, lugia has waaay more defence, counting in all forms deoxys has bestter attack, special attack, defence and speed

so no arceus isnt the best of all pokemon, deoxys is HOWEVER in competative play the strongest pokemon anyone should be using is arcanine so its irrellevant wether they make anymore ledgendaries

If they were going to make a 5th generation, we would hear news about it along with the uprising HGSS and spin-off games. NOTHING YET.

And you still haven't answered my question yet. IF, and ONLY IF, they make a 5th generation, what do they plan on doing? How do they plan to surpass Arceus? HOW?

I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY COULD MAKE A GAME ON PLUTO AND MAKE SPACE-FORMES OF ALL THE POKEMON. BUT THAT IS NOT A GENERATION.

Obviously Arceus is not perfect. You act like anything is perfect. You, being a strong competitive battler, know there is a COUNTER FOR EVERYTHING. They can't make a perfect Pokemon. Even a Pokemon with 200 Base Stats everywhere and a movepool like Smeargle's can be counterable. EVEN IN VIDEO GAMES, NOTHING CAN BE PERFECT.

I am using CAPS because you think it drives a point across, but you can see that it obviously doesn't.

I think after Heartgold and Soulsilver they'll do a remake of the Hoenn-region.

This will last at least 2 years. Then, theyll introduce a new generation, then they do a remake of Sinnoh and then.....spin-offs, spin-offs, spin-offs.

Archived