Set sail for One Piece! 136/~200 *Enel added*

Womi

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New card ratings:

Mister 11 - A vanilla with very low stats. Is there a reason why you did not give an effect?

Mister 13 - Combined with cards which apply to cards in the hand of your opponent, it can has its uses. On the other hand, it's difficult to keep it alive (except with Miss Friday). 6.5/10

Miss Friday - A support for a weak-on-its-own card, but not that bad, actually. 7/10

Gear 3 - A rather unusual Equip Spell Card ~ a temporary ATK boost and Piercing Damage, but after it expires, it keeps a weak weak monster on the field. 7/10

Chibi Luffy - Eh. I understand it's supposed to be weak flavor-wise, but it's weak to the level of uselessness. How it's going to stay for 2 rounds on the field? Sorry, 5/10.

Gomu Gomu No Balloon: Hehehe, this one is evil. Negate an attack and discard 1 card from the hand of your opponent? As it's based on 1 particular character, it's also balanced. 8.5/10.

Gomu Gomu No Bazooka: A minor mill effect and a possible minor effect damage? Hmm... Maybe make it send 2 cards instead of 1? 6/10

My opinion about these cards is that they are a bit overly specific and have very limited uses. Flavor-wise, they are surely good, but usefulness-wise... not so much. Sorry ^^;

New card ratings:

Mister 11 - A vanilla with very low stats. Is there a reason why you did not give an effect?

Mister 13 - Combined with cards which apply to cards in the hand of your opponent' date=' it can has its uses. On the other hand, it's difficult to keep it alive (except with Miss Friday). 6.5/10

Miss Friday - A support for a weak-on-its-own card, but not that bad, actually. 7/10

Gear 3 - A rather unusual Equip Spell Card ~ a temporary ATK boost and Piercing Damage, but after it expires, it keeps a weak weak monster on the field. 7/10

Chibi Luffy - Eh. I understand it's supposed to be weak flavor-wise, but it's weak to the level of uselessness. How it's going to stay for 2 rounds on the field? Sorry, 5/10.

Gomu Gomu No Balloon: Hehehe, this one is evil. Negate an attack [i']and[/i] discard 1 card from the hand of your opponent? As it's based on 1 particular character, it's also balanced. 8.5/10.

Gomu Gomu No Bazooka: A minor mill effect and a possible minor effect damage? Hmm... Maybe make it send 2 cards instead of 1? 6/10

My opinion about these cards is that they are a bit overly specific and have very limited uses. Flavor-wise, they are surely good, but usefulness-wise... not so much. Sorry ^^;

Of course 90% of the cards are useless. sometimes it is just realistic (e.g. Chibi Luffy. In the anime/Manga he was completely weak, too. So if I give him abilities, it wouldnt be realistic depending on the strory). In general, I take care of keeping the realistic balance of powers. Characters which are weak in the story, are weak cards. Attacks for single fighters are still only thought to be used on one monster. And sometimes, like Mr.11, I just add them for completeness. My main target is to reflect the whole One Piece saga in cards. Nobody should ever play with this set and I wont put it on YVD or something.

Thank you for taking the time.^^

EDIT: do you know One Piece? The characters, storyline, etc.?

@ TW: sure, I'll have a look!

@legebdarylightning: Thank you, dude.

I like Luffy's and Zoro's attacks, but I think there might be a mistake in the name of the Nine Sword Style card. I'm pretty sure that Zoro does not have an attack callled "Ichigo". I just checked the One Piece Wikia and the closest thing I could find was "Asura Ichibugin" and in One Piece: Unlimited Cruise FUNimation dubbed the attack as "Asura Ichiban" I think. Was that the attack you were going for?

I like Luffy's and Zoro's attacks' date=' but I think there might be a mistake in the name of the Nine Sword Style card. I'm pretty sure that Zoro does not have an attack callled "Ichigo". I just checked the One Piece Wikia and the closest thing I could find was "Asura Ichibugin" and in One Piece: Unlimited Cruise FUNimation dubbed the attack as "Asura Ichiban" I think. Was that the attack you were going for?

[/quote']

Sorry, I used the German translation^^;

outtofixit.

And thank you Tenkage! C:

Yeah' date=' I actually thought about that, but I noticed that I have to leave some out so I dont bomb the 200 cards limit.

fixd Zoros attack-trap

[/quote']

Ah, Thank you. I understand that some translations translate differently, but I just found it wierd that his attack would be named Ichigo which means strawberry in Japanese. Most of his attacks are only puns on different types of sushi.

Another fun attack to do might by Gomu Gomu no Ally Robot! Have Luffy become an Equip Spell to one of your opponent's monsters!

Speaking of 200 card limits, I just counted up the ones I have planned and I found out that they come to a grand total of 215 cards!

Of course 90% of the cards are useless. sometimes it is just realistic (e.g. Chibi Luffy. In the anime/Manga he was completely weak' date=' too. So if I give him abilities, it wouldnt be realistic depending on the strory). In general, I take care of keeping the realistic balance of powers. Characters which are weak in the story, are weak cards. Attacks for single fighters are still only thought to be used on one monster. And sometimes, like Mr.11, I just add them for completeness. My main target is to reflect the whole One Piece saga in cards. Nobody should ever play with this set and I wont put it on YVD or something.

Thank you for taking the time.^^

EDIT: do you know One Piece? The characters, storyline, etc.?

[/quote']

Yes, I know what are you talking about - when flavor is conflicting with balance. As I actually do not know the series (never watched even a single episode, only heard about it), I cannot judge the flavor-correctness, so I try to judge what I can. That's why some of my scores are rather low. Sorry my scores are sometimes degrading. ^^'

And for the new cards:

Nine-Sword-Style - Asura Ichibugin: While the card at first glance looks like a limited version of Sakuretsu Armor, the "cannot be negated" part actually can give an advantage to this card, which makes it useful. 8/10

36 Pound Hou!: A burn effect which can cause a nasty surprise if your opponent uses several card draw effect, it can easily cause 1000+ damage if used properly, making it an effective burn card. 8/10 for this one too.

Mirage Tempo Fata Morgana: Another variation for a monster destroying trap - even though this one has a slow chance to not working , and it gives a card advantage to your opponent. Weaker than the similar card from earlier, but can be still useful. 7/10

Thunder Lance Tempo!: Now that's cool! As long as you control the related monster, you can keep burning your opponent with a little weaker damage compared to "Just Desserts", but as this one is usable more than once, it can give you quite an advantage! 8.5/10

Archived