Lets discuss Speed World 2

SpeedWorld2-JP-Anime-5D.png

[spoiler= Lore]When a Spell Card, other than a "Speed Spell" is activated, inflict 2000 damage to its controller. During each player's Standby Phase, place 1 Speed Counter on this card (max 12). By removing a number of Speed Counters from this card, activate one of the following:

● 4: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each "Speed Spell" card in your hand.

● 7: Draw 1 card.

● 10: Destroy 1 card on the field.

Does this hurt the "Idea" of a Riding/Turbo duel or does it add more flavor to it?

Thoughts?

I don't like that they got rid of losing a Speed Counter for each interval of 1000 Life Points you take. The conditional effects are rather ridiculous as well. Removing 7 Speed Counters just to draw 1 card? Removing 10 Speed Counters just to destroy 1 card on the field?

the Draw 1 card is understandable, but the 1 destruction seems kinda weak in comparison. you would think that 10 speed counters would reward u more than 7.

Speed World 3

Field Spell Card

If a player activates a Spell Card, other than a "Speed Spell", they take 2000 damage. During each player's Standby Phase, place 1 Speed Counter on this card for each player (max. 12 for each player). When a player takes damage, remove Speed Counters of the attacked Player from this card for each multiple of 1000 damage taken. By removing a number of Speed Counters from this card, activate one of the following:

● 3: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each "Speed Spell" card in your hand.

● 6: Draw 1 card.

● 9: Destroy 1 card on the field.

● 12: Destroy all face-up cards your opponent controls.

They easily could do this.

Guest setojim

i tink the 4 one is kinda OPed; the 7 one is fine; the 10 one is stupid; i dont like that the -1000 = -1 speed counter is gone.

overall, kinda stupid. also, players can activate real spells, not just speed spells

Speed World 2 just doesn't have the same flavor as Speed World without the 1000 damage = -1 Speed Counters rule. I could see past this change if more Speed Spells required you to spend Speed Counters rather than just have them. If the Speed Spells were like the ones in WC2009, then I would see Speed World 2 as good.

Speed World 3

Field Spell Card

If a player activates a Spell Card' date=' other than a "Speed Spell", they take 2000 damage. During each player's Standby Phase, place 1 Speed Counter on this card for each player (max. 12 for each player). When a player takes damage, remove Speed Counters of the attacked Player from this card for each multiple of 1000 damage taken. By removing a number of Speed Counters from this card, activate one of the following:

● 3: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each "Speed Spell" card in your hand.

● 6: Draw 1 card.

● 9: Destroy 1 card on the field.

● 12: Destroy all face-up cards your opponent controls.

They easily could do this.

[/quote']

I Made a SW 3, its in the RCards Section.

I prefer the old Speed World better. It's classic in 5Ds and the effect isn't stupid. Plus both player's benefit from it.

there is no benefit from speed world. in fact speed world 2 has speed worlds effect.

When a Spell Card, other than a "Speed Spell" is activated, inflict 2000 damage to its controller. During each player's Standby Phase, place 1 Speed Counter on this card (max 12).

^thats all speed world did

I prefer the old Speed World better. It's classic in 5Ds and the effect isn't stupid. Plus both player's benefit from it.

there is no benefit from speed world. in fact speed world 2 has speed worlds effect.

When a Spell Card' date=' other than a "Speed Spell" is activated, inflict 2000 damage to its controller. During each player's Standby Phase, place 1 Speed Counter on this card (max 12).

[/quote']

You forgot that with Speed World, players lose a Speed Counter each time they take 1000 damage.

When a Spell Card' date=' other than a "Speed Spell" is activated, inflict 2000 damage to its controller. During each player's Standby Phase, place 1 Speed Counter on this card (max 12).

[/quote']

You forgot that with Speed World, players lose a Speed Counter each time they take 1000 damage.

oh yeah oopsy =P

Archived