The Nightingale Family(NG)

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Username: WhiteWind

Character: Natsuki Nightingale

Rp sample: Natsuki walked into the mansion full of Ravens. He looked up and smiled.His favorite animal was Ravens. He then continued walking searching for an officer.

PS: Ravens are my favorite animal :)

Username: Lodic

Character: Stryzz Nightingale

Rp stories: Stryzz was finding a dark place. He walked in to the mansion that is really dark. He knows it is the nightingale's house he came into the darkness that he wanted and find the officer and said "Darkness is here, it is a nice place for me".

sorry i can't think about any nice RP stroies

Andinios just Laughed and Said "Our own kin doesn't know where he's At!? This is the Nightingale Manor, For pete's Sake....". he Went over to a Cupboard, Which turns out to be a Worn fridge and Grabs a Bottle that says 'Sake', Then he Goes over to an Oven-like object and Grabs a Tray Labeled 'Raven Food', Which was a Large, Tall Tray with Small Mice on 1 side and Berries and Cereal Grains on the Other. He grabbed a Few mice and some Berries and some Cereal Grains with his Gray hands and Put them in a Very large Feeding Tray, Which was tall enough for the Rats not to escape, Yet Large enough for even the Largest Ravens in the Manor to dive down and Grab their food. As he Put the Mice and Fruit in the Tray, His 15 Ravens, Including 4 Huge Ravens Shot to the Feeding Tray and Ate their Fix of Food. The 4 Huge Ravens were done eating and Flew in front of Andinios, They Screeched and he Said "Alrighty.... I'll get to your Tricks Shortly, Niox... Dianarme" at which one of the Huge Ravens Landed on his Back and Carried him back to the Strange Oven-Like thing, He then Pulled out a Tray a little Lower than of that of the other food Tray, The Tray contained Rats on one side and Apples on the other, He Grabbed an apple and Held it out for the Raven that Carried him, and the Other three flew over to Andinios, He Grabbed a Rat and 2 Apples and Put the Trays back in the Oven like thing. "Andrion... Niet". Another Raven Stayed on Andinios's Shoulder, He put down the Rat and Let it Scamper to the Foyer "Andrion... Hidaris". the Raven Perched on Andinios's Shoulder then took off after the Rat........

(> Class System, and 'What Are Ravens" Updated and Added 'Trainer's Handbook For Giant Ravens' Under What are Ravens <)

Righty then, so this is the petition against the Advanced Clause. Heres my app Flandre Scarelet:

Username: TurboTom

Character Name: Thomas Nightingale

RP Sample: (And yes Umbra, I'll be doing it in script format thank you very much!)

*In a flash of blinding light, 2 tall figures and a small boy appeared outside of the mantion*

Thomas: So this is the place...

Mii: Hey, whats happened to you name? You've changed it in this RP?

Tetsuo: I'm a bit suprised. You havn't been here for two months and you've changed ur name already?

Thomas: No, I've changed it for this, and this isn't an RP. I'm afraid I have some bad news; You know that this world is simply a Forum full of RP's and it's run by Admins and Mods etc?

Tetsuo and Mii: DUR!

Thomas: Well, unfortunatly even they make mistakes, and one called Umbra has made a rather stupid one, intentialy or by accident it doesn't matter. What does matter is a rule he's trying to force upon Mid-rank RP'ers.

Tetsuo: Oh yeah, aparently the 1st post of the RP part of the forum mentions that your not alowed to use a script format for RP's...

Mii: Fan Fics, yeah, but RP's???

Thomas: I know. Fan Fics are made by a single person and are long, so that rule for that is understandable, but RP's are a totally new kind of ball game (As they say). They're made by a number of people, and therefore don't really require a lot to be said for each RP'er (Usually only about a sentence or 2; Sometimes it's best that it's short and sweet).

Mii: Also, Mii thinks that Script format is easy and the most fun way to do it in, as if your controling more than one character or you have a mixture of dialoge and actions, it's easier for Mii to read when they're split up.

Thomas: Exactly! It's pointless making things more difficult for RP'ers; if you want to type in a lot or do it in a normal format, then fair enough. If your confortable to keep it short and sweet and you find it simpler and best to do it in a script format, then thats ok too. Everyone is different and they do things best in their own way.

Tetsuo: But it's wrong to force everyone to follow a perticular format and length, as in this case Newbs would find it difficult to have to type 4 full sentences (Especially if it's just a simple action, such as "He walked into the castle and waited for any service. Waiting fir 5 minuites, he gave up and went to loom for someone", as a small example), as well as haveing to read other posts that are all compressed together, unlike a script format.

Thomas: In the end, it's up to the RP'er what style he or she uses, and in the end, it's going to be the one that he/she does best, and when they're more experienced and if they want to start typing in long posts in a normal format, then thats up to them. Then came along Umbra and tried to destroy this natural, steady learning curve.

Thats why we've joined this Petition guys, to show Umbra that you can't force people to change the way they post. He thinks it will improve things; It will actually, quite simply, make RP's on this website less fun and more difficult, and while half will be banned for not adapting, the other half will leave to go on forums with more Sencible rules. Yeah sure the elites will stay, but considering they're about 5% of the Forum population, the website will die soon afterwards, since any new users who want to join won't be able to adapt straight to the "Elite" way of posting in RP's.

Tetsuo: So I'm guessing while we post her to get this point accross, you'll be discusing with Umbra yourself and stoping this nonsence?

Thomas: Exactly. Sadly Twin_Souls has allready been banned for objecting to this, and as a result Umbra's characters we're able to kill off Jake and Claire.

Tetsuo: WHAT!?

OoC: Twin_Souls was a friend of mine on this Forum, and he and my characters usually worked together in many RP's we joined, so the fact that he got banned because of this Rule is exactly what I was afraid will happen to everyone else,approximatly half of the Users since most of them are either Advanced or below.

Thomas: I know. After all they've been through, after all they've had to endure, they had to be killed off just because of Umbra. Your mission here guys is to get this message accross to other Users who join and object to our petition, while I'll be handling User matters. He's not the only Advanced RP'er, and with what I can do, he's in a spot of bother.

Mii: Hey, theres Flandre! Wii havn't seen him in ages!!!

Thomas: Heh, I know. We best go up to him and get ourself's signed up.

*All three walked inside of the mansion, ready to be greated after a long vacation. But it's a pitty they had to return at such a dire situation*

OoC: And so it begins! Sorry for the long intro post guys, but imagine how difficult it would have been to read if it was in the format Umbra tried to force is to write in? :mrgreen:

Archived