Anyone else seeing this?

Icy

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this is getting off-topic, but I'll throw in my opinion.

There is a BIG difference between a critic and a reviewer. A critic would say "bad pic. Bad ocg" 3/10 or something like that. The reviwers give some opinions about improvement on how to make the card better.

@OMGAKITTY. I knew I'd repeat myself sometime now.. I'll only post when needed. I think these critics should start doing the same..

I only comment if it is a really good card, or it needs improvement. If the help is already there, then I'm not going to increase my post count by 1 just repeating something and replying to that help and saying "This^^" *insert more text here*.

@Kdogprime. Maybe some people are here to just look at other people's ideas and not actually "make" cards. I mean, I never really post that much anyways. However, I do agree with Ragnarok being a "critic".

Well, can someone get us back on topic. I don't want to repeat everything again. Although, its ranting, I sometimes repeat myself during my ranting/venting. (No clue why).

Rag lurks Realistic like crazy >_>

If he says its overused' date=' it probably is. He doesn't need to make cards to see that.

[/quote']

It may be true that Ragnarock's seen pretty much every card made on this forum since he joined, but I have have to say that I don't usually take what he says seriously, because he's a card critiquer, not a card reviewer.

Most of his posts run along these lines. "Bland effect, Overused Pic, OP'ed" and then he give a #/10 rating. It's not usually very high.

That's not a review. It's not a suggestion for improvement. It's a list of things the card maker did wrong, almost like complaints.

I'm not going to say that he doesn't really know what he's talking about because I don't know him that well, but those kinds of comments look very negative a new member. He might as well just say YOU FAIL.

I feel that Rag is being too harsh without actually knowing how difficult it can be to make a good card because he's never made any of his own. That's why I never take his comments seriously. Now if he'd made lots of well-received cards himself it would be different, he would have credibility. But as it is, he's got about as much credibility with me as a movie critic. I don't take what they have to say seriously for the same reasons. What they don't like, I might, so I see the movies I want to see, and I usually end up liking them. Same with cards. I think a lot of the things Rag passes over with 4/10 have potential to be quite good, or at least interesting.

The people I would trust to review my cards properly are the people who have at least tried to make their own.

lol, Rags used to lurk General like crazy, then he got a month ban for "spamming". I think that's around the time he moved to CC XD

/offtopic

I understand your point Kdog' date=' but just to defend rangnarok a bit, he has made cards before. Lovely Lady usually posts them.

Over 23000 posts and no threads, why would you want to sully that streak?

[/quote']

That might be true, but unless he actually posts them himself, it's just someone else's word that he actually made them.

Arbiter...That was pointless to post.

Ever heard of spamming? Its in the rules. You should try reading them. (correct me if thats spamming or not.)

And someone please get us back on topic. If not.......I will I guess.

WARNING: This MAY be a repeat of something I just said.

Here is my opinion on the rule: I'd put it into effect before it gets worser. It probally already is. Every day I log on and look at a thread in the Realistic cards, I'm seeing nothing but "horrible OCG" "Decent OCG." "Try to fix you OCG."

What makes it worser is that they didn't even post the corrections. You'd think if someone was obsessed over OCG that bad they would post the corrections.

Look, I'm not saying OCG should be disregarded and all people think like that. I'm saying OCG should at least be fixed. I mean, everyone usually posts OCG corrections, but another percentage of the people just post *insert adjetive here*"OCG".

Back to newbies: Can't we all just get along? (I don't want to repetitively post. If I do, someone will probally eventually say "SHUT UP REGALSWORD" lol).

And to whoever said this rule was too harsh and just neg people who are mean to newbies: Negging them won't help. One of the following is always the case:

1. Its a double acc.

2. They won't give a care.

3. They laugh when they get banned.

4. They will just say "I like negs".

5. They laugh their head off when you neg them because they already know they have another account. (similar to NO.1 and 3.).

This time. I hope I made some sense. Or at least a little bit of sense.

No one is not perfect. I sure almost 98% of people here got that saying 'ocg error'. I ask people what my ocg errors and if people ask what their are I would tell them as a way to help them not insult them. I don't really get the hold concepted just tell the people don't write bad ocg on their thread. I will try to help the people with the ocg though mine is not perfect. Everyone say I got good cards and pics so that I go out and try to help them.

Archived