Anyone else seeing this?

Icy

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I was too lazy to read through entire 15 pages - but I think I still could sum it up like THIS:

Point #1.

There are TWO problems with OCG - English grammar and YGO grammar.

And those are so much DIFFERENT issues!!!

My English isn't perfect but it's quite good (don't like to brag - or do I).

But my OCG is not so good simply because I have nowhere (or close to nowhere) to check it up..!!!

I mean' date=' you can easily understand what I write on my cards - but this doesn't nessesarily fit into the OFFICIAL way of Konami...

Also, I played a fan-made YGO PC game by EDO (lost it somehow - and now I can't find it to re-download...) a LOT!

And his OCG is also quite different - although highly readable and totally English.

Good examples - Tribute or Sacrifice, field or control, HIGH or low CasE, etc...

So that game made me used to EDO's grammar, not real game's.

Still - I bet everybody could understand 101% of what he was writing...

Point #2.

People shouldn't just write "bad OCG, you lose"...

They should (I'd even say they MUST) tell the MISTAKES - as long as it's the OCG or even English - but the CARD EFFECTS are understandable...

Do you agree???

[/quote']

In response to Point #1:

This particular arguement has already been discussed in earlier pages. Yes, we realize that people's English isn't going to be perfect 100% of the time, because many of them are kids and people for whom English isn't their primary language. At the same time, a spell checker is your friend. Also, the Yugioh wikipedia site (http://yugioh.wikia.com/) is a great resource for checking your OCG.

We also realize that a lot of terms are synonymous (like Tribute and Sacrifice), but Tribute is prefered because it's a shorter word and doesn't take up as much space in the card text. On the Field and in your Control are NOT synonymous because the field includes your opponent's side too. A monster under your control is assumed to be on your side of the field, and in most cases is.

In response to Point #2:

I think you missed the point. The new rule would be to stop people from just criticizing OCG and rate the card, effect (if any), picture, name, etc. as a whole. In other words, not just "telling the mistakes". The new rules would punish people for doing that.

What I really meant that there are lots of guys who just write "your OCG is bad" whithout stating what's bad.

On YOUR Field is the same as YOU control...

I actually would prefer the first one - it makes easier phrases like this:

If you have a face-up *** monster on your Field - rather than if you have a [face-up] *** monster you control.

The latter sounds worse to me...

Interesting question - what about "your" monsters that are temporarily staying (Change of Heart) or were summoned to the opponent's field (Lava Golem)???

How to OCG their summon and destroy processes???

Also, did you look at my cards???

Any comments on them??? :D

What I really meant that there are lots of guys who just write "your OCG is bad" whithout stating what's bad.

On YOUR Field is the same as YOU control...

I actually would prefer the first one - it makes easier phrases like this:

If you have a face-up *** monster on your Field - rather than if you have a [face-up] *** monster you control.

The latter sounds worse to me...

Interesting question - what about "your" monsters that are temporarily staying (Change of Heart) or were summoned to the opponent's field (Lava Golem)???

How to OCG their summon and destroy processes???

Also' date=' did you look at my cards???

Any comments on them??? :D

[/quote']

I have made cards that can be on the opponent's field and not be under their control. And you just proved my point with Lava Golem about the difference between your field and your control.

Actually I was just asking...

This thread states you MUST use control rather than field...

New New OCG

- You control / your opponent controls - Used instead of ‘your side of the field / your field' etc.

Monster Types

When referring to monster types like Elemental Hero's, it goes like this;

"Elemental Hero" monster

When referring to a Subtype, it goes like this;

Toon monster

Fiend-Type

Warrior-Type

Etc.

All of it just gets too confusing sometimes... :(

The problem is this site doesn't have enough moderators. For a daily visiting population of around 4' date='000 people, there are 20 mods, and I'd say about 16 of those are currently active and do their jobs to the full capability. That's 16 mods for 4,000 people, or 1 mod per 250 people. No matter how good they are, 1 mod cannot keep coherent control of 250 people. As a minimum for a forum to work coherently and all the rules to obeyed and for members to get along nicely, you should have 1 mod per 100 people. We need around 40 mods, not 16. =/

[/quote']

WHAT DO THE MODS HAVE TO DO WITH THIS?!!?!? Its the people that be mean to the newbies. All the mods do is try their hardest and their best. Your opinion is irrelevant and off-topic. I'm sorry...But no. People are mean because maybe they could just be plain idiotic. REMEMBER THAT THE MODS ARE TRYING TO PUT A STOP TO THIS. It has nothing to do with the number of mods here. It has to do with the people that flame newbies for no apparent reason.

The problem is this site doesn't have enough moderators. For a daily visiting population of around 4' date='000 people, there are 20 mods, and I'd say about 16 of those are currently active and do their jobs to the full capability. That's 16 mods for 4,000 people, or 1 mod per 250 people. No matter how good they are, 1 mod cannot keep coherent control of 250 people. As a minimum for a forum to work coherently and all the rules to obeyed and for members to get along nicely, you should have 1 mod per 100 people. We need around 40 mods, not 16. =/

[/quote']

WHAT DO THE MODS HAVE TO DO WITH THIS?!!?!? Its the people that be mean to the newbies. All the mods do is try their hardest and their best. Your opinion is irrelevant and off-topic. I'm sorry...But no. People are mean because maybe they could just be plain idiotic. REMEMBER THAT THE MODS ARE TRYING TO PUT A STOP TO THIS. It has nothing to do with the number of mods here. It has to do with the people that flame newbies for no apparent reason.

+1.

Mods have control, but we are not the entirety to blame. Nor are we the solution.

The members are. All Mods do is nudge it in the right direction.

There is a solution. Somewhere. Its very hard to find though. I just wish people would quit flaming the newbies about their own cards. So what? Its a card. Its got a few OCG errors. Its got a "fail" picture. WHO CARES??? Its their first card and you still want to flame them to your fullest ability?? Why.....?

That question will probally remain unanswered...considering I dont think there is an answer

There is a solution. Somewhere. Its very hard to find though. I just wish people would quit flaming the newbies about their own cards. So what? Its a card. Its got a few OCG errors. Its got a "fail" picture. WHO CARES??? Its their first card and you still want to flame them to your fullest ability?? Why.....?

That question will probally remain unanswered...considering I dont think there is an answer

"crappy pic' date=' fail/10" might be considered flaming, but it is hardly to their "fullest ability". And obviously, the member flaming the newb with the bad card cares, thus the flaming. :/

There are always going to be critics in life. Its your job to prove them wrong.

I have the answer and it is veeeery simple.Thos people are dumb idiots unclef**kers,and they think they can anything they want becasue they have 4 or 5 or 6 stars.

By the time most members hit 6 stars, they have A) almost completely left CC, and B) realized this place is a joke.

The ones you want are the 3-5 stars.

This place is a joke. I wish there was someplace to discuss created cards where every poster is a guaranteed good poster.

Unlike you right? Suuuch a bad poster.

What you're asking doesn't exist, anywhere.

But we can set some grounds that'll make it a friendlier more understanding place.

Nothing is perfect, and we can only do so much to protect what's good and to prevent what's bad. Sure, posting could improve, but there will always be bad parts about this site. Same with every other site, and everything else in life.

The mods and admin are doing as much as they can.

This place is a joke. I wish there was someplace to discuss created cards where every poster is a guaranteed good poster.

Actually post something good for a change. You just made it worser. And there is no such thing as a " guaranteed " Poster. Even though things will never be perfect, we can still change them to be close to perfect. Thats what we are trying to do right now.

Do you know the meaning of the word "Spam" ?

I wont explain it to you but...

1 thing i recognized..

All those 2 star members are flaming the 1 star members..the 1 star members do the same.

all those beginners start rating things they dont know anything about.

"Wrong OCG"...a comment i see very often.

and then i have a look at their cards.

And i see the worsed OCG ever.

This sucks!

I always hate comments only saying "8.5/10"..or 9/10...or maybe 1/10...

But newbs giving other newbs 0/10 without reasons...!?

you know why they do this (and I am one of these)

because someone other commented all that it need to say and then only rate is the simplest way

It looks a lot better if you say "yeah use XXXX's fixes, and it'll be good. I like this card a lot, the effect is really unique 9/10"

than

"9/10"

Archived