Anyone else seeing this?

Icy

look i think there should be a kind of rule. according to the average rating of the thread' date=' everyone must put a similar rating, for example: 5 people rated a thread 7-8/10 and 1 rated 4/10, the last one's post should be locked or something. we shall follow the opinion of the many and not the one's.

[/quote']

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree here. We can't just report people for stating their opinions. I know we all get bad ratings once in a while, but that doesnt mean the card is bad.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok' date=' I will try basing my effect off of a card with a white screen...(as in I cant find any images). Of course, effects are way easier than images in my opinion.

[/quote']

Finding pics is the easiest part... >_>

Just go on dA and type in some vague term like "magician"

look i think there should be a kind of rule. according to the average rating of the thread' date=' everyone must put a similar rating, for example: 5 people rated a thread 7-8/10 and 1 rated 4/10, the last one's post should be locked or something. we shall follow the opinion of the many and not the one's.

[/quote']

This post is flame worthy. That is a terrible idea. I will not rate a card any higher because a bunch of noobs have done so. I'll call a crappy card crap when I see it.

[/quote']

If its a bad card in our opinion, you can't neg us and report us for a freaking opinion. All of us have different opinions on different things. You can't try to neg us and report us for that can you? If its a good card to you. GREAT! If its not to us, then so sorry its just our opinion.

OCG will never be perfect. Neither will anything else on the card.

Also' date=' there will always be some kind of misspelling, typo, stupid pic, bland effect or whatever.

OCG shouldnt even matter anyways. It just makes it look very very real. And maybe also to keep people from saying "horrible OCG".

Also, sometimes the newbies will make fake types or recolrings to make it look "impressive" so they think. Then, people will just say "wow this card is really bad. this is a fail. omg fail/10"

-sigh- of course why do I even bother ranting.. It wont change people's opinions...

The card will never be perfect. Ill leave it at that.. Unless it really is.. But what are the odds of that? 0.1%?

[/quote']

OCG can be perfected. With a little practice of course.

That's the beauty of the rules. If you're a Newb, you better read it or else someone ill start flaming you until you're really burning.

OCG isn't just used to make a card look realistic, it also supports the Name and Pic of the card. It's like flavor text but flavor text that helps in the game.

OCG will never be perfect. Neither will anything else on the card.

Also' date=' there will always be some kind of misspelling, typo, stupid pic, bland effect or whatever.

OCG shouldnt even matter anyways. It just makes it look very very real. And maybe also to keep people from saying "horrible OCG".

Also, sometimes the newbies will make fake types or recolrings to make it look "impressive" so they think. Then, people will just say "wow this card is really bad. this is a fail. omg fail/10"

-sigh- of course why do I even bother ranting.. It wont change people's opinions...

The card will never be perfect. Ill leave it at that.. Unless it really is.. But what are the odds of that? 0.1%?

[/quote']

OCG can be perfected. With a little practice of course.

That's the beauty of the rules. If you're a Newb, you better read it or else someone ill start flaming you until you're really burning.

OCG isn't just used to make a card look realistic, it also supports the Name and Pic of the card. It's like flavor text but flavor text that helps in the game.

You're....wrong.

OCG can never truly be perfect. Because there's no such thing. Even Konami isn't always 100% consistent with the cards they release. OCG does not support the name and pic >_>

Effects do.

Official Card Grammar. You know why its called that? Its the game's grammar. Obviously..

However, I do understand that most newbies here are probally here because one of their friends told them this is a very good site. It is a very good site. I love it.

However, if you don't play YUGIOH you obviously don't know OCG. And when you dont know OCG someone will flame you and probally say "gtfo". OCG does give the effect some understanding, but that doesn't give people the right to flame the newbies about it. OCG will never ever be perfect on the first try.. However, it can always be edited and people can SHUT THE HECK UP ABOUT THE OCG.

I am a newb, i admit, and most of my grammer is incorect! im ok with that, sometimes i have an awsome idea for a cards effect, but when i try to write it down, the ocg is all wrong. I think that if the Creator of the card says, Help me out guys, and gives you permission to edit and make the proper ocg, then they should'nt be punnished! flaming of newbs is harsh, but if you can just say "go to the help fourm, it helps" without meaness is a help.

@regalsword i found this site by accident while i was surfing the web, and i am glad i did

Like I said, most people are lazy. And most of the older members that still remember they were new here will help you out. And if your grammar is incorrect someone will post the corrections probally. Alot of people love posting those considering they think OCG is the base of the whole card. And I'm glad you like it here. Welcome to Y.C.M.

Hello its me the revolutionary nooooooooob.I will like to tell you a story.Once upon a time there was ME and a BATHROOM ( i ate buritos that night xD ) so there was a bathroom a heaven in that night and i went in and :::::::: THERE WAS NO TOILET PAPER OMFG and then i saw my " best pal " the OCG.You can figure it out what i did next right ??????? hope this little storry will teach all newbies what you can do BEST with the OCG if your an amateur card designer. THE END !!!

[align=center]Personnally, I think this rule is a bit too harsh :S

Maybe... maybe you could just neg rep people who are mean with newbies.

I mean, it's true that they will become better with time, and the OCG cannot always be perfect...

And, since like, 2 days, I offer my help by PM to most newbies I see.

So, what, you mean we could post an OCG correction with a rating, but we should also post an overall comment on the card?

P.S. Sorry if I don't write so well in English, I am a francophone :S[/align]

I have better OCG than other because I have cards. Thousands. And I get my OCG from them. And in only a few days, I'm a Level 4.

Anyway, n00bs are being flamed everywhere. And stuff. Like that. Although I can't remember a time when I was flamed, oh yes. I remember now, I was flamed.

Some people don't know when OCG is perfect or not.

I have better OCG than other because I have cards. Thousands. And I get my OCG from them. And in only a few days' date=' I'm a Level 4.

Anyway, n00bs are being flamed everywhere. And stuff. Like that. Although I can't remember a time when I was flamed, oh yes. I remember now, I was flamed.

Some people don't know when OCG is perfect or not.

[/quote']

So, since joining the site two weeks ago, you've spent nearly half that time online?

Dude...that saddens me. But it also proves a good point. Even though this person is a Level 4 already and has created over a hundred cards, he's still new to the site, and therefore might be classified as a newbie.

Level doesn't really mean anything, it's just a ranking of how many posts you've made. It's not a indicator that your cardmaking is better than anyone else's. This guy learns from his supposely vast card collection how to do correct OCG, well, good for him. His cards may be superior to the cards made by a long time resident of this forum. I don't know that for certain though, since I've not rated any of his cards.

Lots of times I see high ranking users rating cards, and they haven't made one single card themselves. Hundreds of posts, but not one card. Does that mean we shouldn't take their opinion seriously?

I still consider myself a newbie as well. Although I have 100+ cards created and a 3 star level does that mean I am "superior"? No. Stars don't equal rank. So sorry. Stars are if you post alot. And besides, like I said. You get your OCG from your cards,but you still may be wrong. You can't gurantee you are right. OCG will never be perfect. Although we cant change OCG. We can still change how newbies are being treated.

Stars dont mean a single thing. Period. Just because you are 4-6 star member doesnt mean you have all the right to flame newbies. Or anyone else for that matter. If the OCG isnt perfect. WHO GIVES A CARE?? Its not like these cards are actually going to be created and its not life or death is it?? Be reasonable. This case has ended in my opinion.

Of course, since Im a newbie my opinion isnt right is it?

[align=center]A newbie was perma banned because he didn't stop annoying me by sending me unuseful PMs, rating my threads like 1 star for no reason and insulting me.

A lot of the new members to whom I give constructive criticism are agressive to me.

I only try to be constructive :([/align]

If the newbies are mean to you then they obviously dont want any help or they could just be turning your help down. In other words, if they dont want help then dont even bother trying anymore. It will be a waste of your time and you will find yourself neg repped for "being annoying" or some other crazy reason.

The problem is this site doesn't have enough moderators. For a daily visiting population of around 4,000 people, there are 20 mods, and I'd say about 16 of those are currently active and do their jobs to the full capability. That's 16 mods for 4,000 people, or 1 mod per 250 people. No matter how good they are, 1 mod cannot keep coherent control of 250 people. As a minimum for a forum to work coherently and all the rules to obeyed and for members to get along nicely, you should have 1 mod per 100 people. We need around 40 mods, not 16. =/

Hi!

I was too lazy to read through entire 15 pages - but I think I still could sum it up like THIS:

Point #1.

There are TWO problems with OCG - English grammar and YGO grammar.

And those are so much DIFFERENT issues!!!

My English isn't perfect but it's quite good (don't like to brag - or do I).

But my OCG is not so good simply because I have nowhere (or close to nowhere) to check it up..!!!

I mean, you can easily understand what I write on my cards - but this doesn't nessesarily fit into the OFFICIAL way of Konami...

Also, I played a fan-made YGO PC game by EDO (lost it somehow - and now I can't find it to re-download...) a LOT!

And his OCG is also quite different - although highly readable and totally English.

Good examples - Tribute or Sacrifice, field or control, HIGH or low CasE, etc...

So that game made me used to EDO's grammar, not real game's.

Still - I bet everybody could understand 101% of what he was writing...

Point #2.

People shouldn't just write "bad OCG, you lose"...

They should (I'd even say they MUST) tell the MISTAKES - as long as it's the OCG or even English - but the CARD EFFECTS are understandable...

Do you agree???

The problem is this site doesn't have enough moderators. For a daily visiting population of around 4' date='000 people, there are 20 mods, and I'd say about 16 of those are currently active and do their jobs to the full capability. That's 16 mods for 4,000 people, or 1 mod per 250 people. No matter how good they are, 1 mod cannot keep coherent control of 250 people. As a minimum for a forum to work coherently and all the rules to obeyed and for members to get along nicely, you should have 1 mod per 100 people. We need around 40 mods, not 16. =/

[/quote']

I lol'd.

It's like you assume mods aren't capable of it.

But you must remember, MODS ARE PEOPLE TOO. It would be impractical, and unwise to have so many moderators. As we all like to have our own moderating style. To have 40mods would cause hell on all of us. Not to mention rule struggles.

Your suggestion, is impractical and off topic.

I lol'd.

It's like you assume mods aren't capable of it.

They're not. As talented as they are' date=' if they were completely capable of managing this forum, we wouldn't see any of the spam and useless posts and flaming of newbies. The very fact that those things exist highlights the fact the mods are not capable of controlling it. Through no fault of their own, admittedly.

But you must remember, MODS ARE PEOPLE TOO.

No duh. That's a fairly irrelevant point to make.

It would be impractical, and unwise to have so many moderators.

It wouldn't be impractical. Zelda Universe runs 36 mods on its forums despite having traffic of 1100 people a day, slightly over a quarter of this site's, and it is one of the most well managed and spam free forums I have ever had the pleasure of visiting.

As we all like to have our own moderating style. To have 40mods would cause hell on all of us. Not to mention rule struggles.

Which is you use people who'd compliment each other. I'm sure you could form a coherent group of people who could actually work together. And besides, rule struggles are simply solved by having someone in a higher position of authority like YCMaker actually take a stance and define things more clearly.

Your suggestion, is impractical and off topic.

It's perfectly practical. For its user base, this site has a ridiculously low number of moderators. I'm also on topic - if you had more moderators to chastise the older members for being too harsh and restrictive to the newer members, then the problem would quickly disappear.

I'm not one to force people to do anything. I want people to want to do something.

And boohoo, that forum is nearly Spam free. So what? It's another forum.

And we can control it, but we cannot be expected to handle it ALL.

While I do have higher authority than Hunter and Yankee (being a Super Moderator), we will not always compliment each other. And it is not in my nature to be so firm, their opinions matter as much as mine. As I would expect it to be on any board I moderate.

A circular table, if you will. Everyone is just as valuable and their opinion matters as much.

Also, YES it is off topic. As this is about the state of the actions, not the state of the moderating team. This discussion is over, and any more. PM me.

Archived